Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (210848 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by saska1122: 4:19am On Jan 07, 2012
bashtee:

@Saska1122
What date did they issue u the medical call up?

Will be starting sch in May(Spring), but if I get my TRV in time, will love to arrive there early-mid April
Any idea about this medical consultant in PH?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by jman77(m): 8:26am On Jan 07, 2012
@bullstriker,@babdud now i get it! Thank you very much,i'm feeling you guys meeeeen! cool cool
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 10:06am On Jan 07, 2012
@house

Does conditional acceptance hinders or affects Study permit decisions
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bullstriker: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2012
@rowlandoo
what are the conditions of acceptance indicated?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2012
@bullstriker

Need to receive officil toefl score from ets and my schol tramscript directly from my school ,  but they gave me scholarship,  can dis conditooons hinder my study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rubenic(m): 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
@all can some one help with Sample of Statement of Purpose. my email is olayinkaolayinka46@gmail.com . Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by trodon: 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2012
rubenic:

@all can some one help with Sample of Statement of Purpose. my email is olayinkaolayinka46@gmail.com . Thanks
@Rebenic, Believe me, you do not really need those. As long as you do not have dual intentions you do not need it.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2012
@ rowlandoo, yes, definitely, it would affect your application decision at d embassy except u provide these documents for the embassy to verify. That is your transcript directly from ur school and Toefl result directly from ets. Pls don't mess up ur scholarship opportunity. Get to work buddy,
@ sask, The question bashtee was asking is "WHEN DID YOU RECEIVE YOUR MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS". I never knew cdhc designated clinics to be in PHC,
@ bull striker, buddy, we just have to wait on them, although my colleagues and myself have sort for a deferral for MAY session, I suggest u do d same, Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rubenic(m): 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Rebenic, Believe me, you do not really need those. As long as you do not have dual intentions you do not need it.
Really? my major concern is proving ties to my country. As it stands now, i am not married, am currently working outside my field of study and my parents dont have many landed properties. How best can i prove family ties? I have a very strong chance of being employed by Alma-mata (University): I was the best graduating student in my class. I believe a good SOP will pass the message across to CHC. Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aocecelle: 11:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
@all am damn sorry 4 taking u back. however,, am in the process of applying for admission 4 msc in software Engineering,

i have filled and paid for the online application for mcmasters university and uoit.

i want to know, apart from these underlisted documents that am to mail to the school of graduate studies:

official transcript
degree patchment
letter of intent
Resume
Recommendation letter etc,

1. do i need to mail them my sponsors bank account details?
2. my referees have filled there form, do i need to mail them the referees form enclosed with my other documents since the referees form can't be sent online to them.

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by saska1122: 12:11am On Jan 08, 2012
usask4life:

@ sask,  The question bashtee was asking is "WHEN DID YOU RECEIVE YOUR MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS". I never knew cdhc designated clinics to be in PHC, 

@usask4life n bashtee, I got the instructions on Tuesday(03/01/2012) this week. I just saw the listing online when I checked on this link:www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1977&CountryName=Nigeria
and was hoping to use the PH consultant, but not so sure. I need to do it by next week.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 08, 2012
saska1122:

@usask4life n bashtee, I got the instructions on Tuesday(03/01/2012) this week. I just saw the listing online when I checked on this link:www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1977&CountryName=Nigeria
and was hoping to use the PH consultant, but not so sure. I need to do it by next week.
pls when did u submit ur application? and what docs did u submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 1:02am On Jan 08, 2012
@HOUSE

PLEASE I WANT TO OUT IN MY APPLICATION NEXT MONTH , MY WAEC CERTIFICATE HAS GOTTEN LOST , BUT I SILL HAVE THE STAEMENT OF RESULT , IS THE STATEMENT ENOUGH FOR CDHC ,, ALSO DO I NEED TO INCLUDE SPONSOR LANDED DOCUMMENTS OR JUST STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT AND LETTER FROM SPONSOR , PLS PUT ME THROUGH
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 3:52am On Jan 08, 2012
@ sask, Congratulations. If u live in portharocourt, then it would be better for you. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 7:51am On Jan 08, 2012
@saska1122 when is your start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aocecelle: 8:35am On Jan 08, 2012
@all am damn sorry 4 taking u back. however,, am in the process of applying for admission 4 msc in software Engineering,

i have filled and paid for the online application for mcmasters university and uoit.

i want to know, apart from these underlisted documents that am to mail to the school of graduate studies:

official transcript
degree patchment
letter of intent
Resume
Recommendation letter etc,

1. do i need to mail them my sponsors bank account details?
2. my referees have filled there form, do i need to mail them the referees form enclosed with my other documents since the referees form can't be sent online to them.

thanks

pls i need answers,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 10:04am On Jan 09, 2012
Hello all, for those of us that are awaiting our notification for medicals from CDHC what are our chances for getting notified and I hope the NLC strike action will not affect CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by goldplated(m): 5:23am On Jan 10, 2012
Can someone please show me universities in canada that can accept 3rd class degrees for Masters?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2012
hellooo, pls is it true that the 3-mnths processing time for study permit has been increased to 15weeks?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ausdy(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
shavel:

hellooo, pls is it true that the 3-mnths processing time for study permit has been increased to 15weeks?
i am not sure about that (though i dont think they will increase it)between do you think canadian embassy will be working??
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
@goodplate, no school accepts 3rd class, dats why you pple go for any premasters or post baccalaureate degree, so u can do ur masters later.
But i dont kw for 3rd class, i believe d pple in dis forum re so nice, extremely good, they wld help u
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
@goodplate, no school accepts 3rd class, dats why you pple go for any  premasters or post baccalaureate degree, so u can do ur masters later.
But i dont kw for 3rd class, i believe d pple in dis forum re so nice, extremely good, they wld help u
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2012
@sask1122, am happy for you.
(1)How did u get ur med. Invite? Is it tru mail? Pls feed me back thanks.
@usask,@others that have been wonderful and glorious here pls help!
I summitted my application second of september and till nw no response and i hav mailed them dey said ther re in process and secondly dey hav not reached a decision.
(1)would it be good i differ my admission till may with waiting for instruction from CDHL? So i can go and summit a new start date? Pls need ur response
(2) summitted a good application by d greace of God. I would want to kw if it wld be necessary to add d documents of landed properties when summitting the new acceptance letter so i can amke arrangements for it cos i think it will strengthen my family ties, pls let me kw ur opinion.
(3)a friend said when ones passport has been stamped before dey grant visa instantly, hw true is dat, cos i read here on tym that some1 withdrew his passport and travelled to d UK and when he came he summitted all documents and he was granted, plus dis, minus dis we shall all be there in Jesus name. Also need ur opinion. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 1:44am On Jan 11, 2012
@ prince, most of us here have sort for a deferral from our various schools for MAY session. I would suggest you do the same thing too becuz Januarys resumption is no longer feasible and we have to be proactive,
As regards additional docs, if u feel ur ties aint strong enuff, there is no harm if u decide to update ur application as long as u still have ur file number. That's what I feel but notarized copies would be better to avoid "long thing".
I do not really fathom ur last question buddy but I knw a few friends who had urgent needs for their passport or even some docs and u could go and get it from CDHC and return when u are done, Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 11, 2012
@usask4life, sincerely appreciate u for ur assistance and contribution, i pray our dreams come to pass!
I wanted to enrol for a related course here in Nigeria that would end in april @ NIIT for 3months course or enrol for a safety course, cos i filled in working for my uncle dat is my sponsor for distribution of his goods, hope dere would not be problems if i decide to enrol and summit d documents along side my acceptance letter and other documents of landed properties? Or i should jst forget d progaram not to contradit my self?
(2)as for d medical, wld dey reach me tru e-mail thanks. And God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 11:25am On Jan 11, 2012
@ prince, frm my own intuition, I feel NIIT certificates are necessary in your application in the sense that, U want to sshow that u have done a related course to the one you are going to study in canada (eg computer science), So I do not see how NIIT course have to do with you working for your uncle as a distributor,
And if u are resuming ur lectures by MAY, u would not be able to lay your hands on your NIIT cert until you are done with the program by APRIL and I don't think submitting docs of enrolment into the NIIT prog is wise, hence rendering the scheme futile,
When d time comes buddy, u would be contacted. Cdhc sometimes ask u to contact ur courier service or ur courier could call or sms u of a package frm cdhc.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2012
@usask4life, no wonder pple appreciate u alot here, ur kind isn't common, thanks for ur candid advice and knowledge u share here,
I think if i can do it it will be of help to me when i am finally in canada cos it might reduce d semester may from tree to two, since it was stated if der is any relevant field of discipline it will be reduced, what do u think?
I pray for all of us no denial in Jesus name, Amen,
thanks man!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2012
Hey. I've got some questions:
I'm currently in my final year of Computer Science, and by my calculations will graduate with a 4.7/4.8.
My question goes thus:
If I go for Masters in Computer Science, what's the job opportunities like in Canada?
And since I plan on relocating, what'll I do about 'strong ties' and stuff?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mr prince, what u are referring to as "semester reduction" is actually "transfer of credits". If u have attended any post secondary institution here in Nigeria, u stand a chance of transferring some of your credits from that school by sending your transcript to canada which would subsequently reduce your years of study and tuition fee as well, NIIT is not a post secondary institution that could issue u transcripts to reduce ur semester,

@ simon, I don't knw what d job prospects for compt science graduates in canada but I knw their unemployment rate is partially insignificant and province dependent too, As regards strong ties, its been answered here on several occassions. Take ur time and browse thru d thread.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by demmy79: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2012
Can some tell me procedures for submitting Canadian study permit in Lagos pls
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by kweene78: 10:28am On Jan 12, 2012
Hi peeps can you guys help me with a list of schools in canada that accept a 2.2 and do not require GRE,SAT etc?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2012
Hello all, please ȋ̊§ the affidavit support letter thesame thing with letter from the sponsor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (101)

On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.