Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

Nigerian Student Wins Best Artificial Intelligence Research Award December 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Student Wins Best Artificial Intelligence Research Award December 2011 (558 Views)

Remembrance For 25 December, 2011 Bomb Blast In Madalla (graphic picture) / How We Were Bombed on 25th December 2011, By St. Theresa’s Church Security Chief / Achebe Colloquium On Africa To Hold In December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Wins Best Artificial Intelligence Research Award December 2011 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
Nigerian student Wins Best Artificial Intelligence Research Award
1 December 2011Kuala Lumpur —
Muhammad Abdulkarim, a Nigerian from Yobe State, received the best student paper award at the Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence conference in Singapore for his research project which uses artificial intelligence tools to prospect for oil in shallow and deep waters.
The conference was attended by eminent scientists from all over the world.
Besides Abdulkarim, the only other awardee is a professor from Switzerland.
"When I saw how the first presenters were grilled as if by an examination panel," Abdulkarim said, "I was intimidated and scared. But when I finished my presentation and answered all the probing questions of other researchers and everybody stood up and applauded, I couldn't help giving gratitude to Allah for His help. Finally, when my name was called as the recipient of the best paper award, my tear bags burst and tears freely ran down my cheeks."
Abdulkarim, a PhD student of Universiti Teknologi Petronas Malaysia was the only African at the conference which was attended by scientists from New York Institute of Technology, University of Tulsa, University of Bedfordshire, University of Surrey and many others."
Abdulkarim was a junior lecturer with the University of Abuja in the Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science before leaving for Malaysia for a doctorate programme at the Department of Computer and Information Sciences of Universiti Teknologi Petronas.

(1) (Reply)

Authorities Rushed To Prevent One Of Nigeria's Worst Recent Oil Spills / Funny Video Premiere - Team Capital - Subsidy Ft Tha Suspect (dis Guy Is Funny) / Nlc And Tuc Set Jan 9th For General Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.