Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: (2732 Views)

The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State / Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Pastor Tries To Walk On Water Like Jesus, Then Drowns In Front Of His Congr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2011
The Bible Claims that Miracles Prove God Exists and Is the True God.
God's divine miracles is authentic and can hold strong claims universally when there are eye- witnesses.
Persons/people who can report their experiences. In the case of Jesus, all the miracles performed by him was withnessed by the apostles John and Matthew. Even, non-Christian writers such as Josephus a (Jewish), Tacitus a (Roman) and the writers of the Jewish Talmud corroborate the fact that it was claimed widely that he worked miracles. When God speaks His word, he understands we need proof it's his and not man's.
God knows This is the only way a the people can validate if the miracle is from him or not.

Fake miracles often refuse to do miracles if doubters are present, or they excuse their failure on the grounds that the observers lack faith. They also do miracls only in presence of their followers. But when men of God had true power to do miracles, they were not afraid to do them in the presence of people who had questions or doubts, or even people who openly opposed their teaching. So that observers could investigate for themselves and judge.

(Moses) and (JESUS) are good examples of true divine miracles from God. Miracles don in Publics, miracles that a whole nation of Israel withnessed etc.

(Muhammed's approx. AD 600), his miracles are eaither withnessed by his follower or only Muslims. And they are not met the Gods divine miracles statistics as in MOSES AND JESUS. Now lets see all the three and their miracles.

(Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) (approx. 550 BC). Absolutelly no record of Buddha either working miracles or claiming to work miracles.

(Confucius (approx. 500 BC). Same situAtion. There is no reliable evidence that he either worked miracles or claimed to do so.

(Joseph Smith) claimed he has the power to work miracles by the Holy Spirit. But for example, at a key meeting in the first temple in Kirtland, Ohio, Joseph Smith completely failed to perform a number of faith healings. This failure was so complete that the meeting broke up and his followers went home disillusioned. Bottom line, Joseph Smith was not able to do public and irrefutable miraculous signs, despite a number of folk stories and anecdotal and unreliable accounts.

JUST TO NAME A FEW OF THEM.

[size=14pt]MIRACLES OF JESUS[/size]

Healing the possessed man in Capernaum, mark 1:23-28 and 4:33-37
Healing of Peter's Mother-in-law, matt 8:14-15, mark1:29-31 and luke4:38-39
Cleansing of a Leper, matt 8:1-4, mark 1:40-45 and luke 5:12-16
Turning Water to Wine at Cana
The Miraculous Catch of Fish
Healing of a Paralytic
Cure of the Man with a Withered Hand
Healing of Official's Son in Capernaum
Healing of Centurion's Servant
Raising of Widow's Son at Nain
Calming of the Storm at Sea
Cure of the Gerasene Demoniac
Healing of a Paralytic in Bethesda
Cure of Woman afflicted with Hemorrhage
Raising of Jairus' daughter
Healing Two Blind Men
Healing A Possessed Mute
Feeding the 5000
Walking on Water
Healings at Gennesaret
Cure of Syro-Phoenician's Daughter
Healing of Deaf-Mute
Feeding the 4000
Restores Sight to the Blind Man of Bethsaida
Healing of a Man Born Blind
Casting Out of a Dumb Demon
Curing a Demon-possessed Mute
Casting Out an Unclean Spirit
Healing a possessed stooped Woman
Healing of A Man with Dropsy
Cleansing of Ten Lepers
Healing of Blind Bartimaeus of Jericho
Healing of Servant's Ear during Arrest
Healing of Two Blind Men at Jericho
The Raising of Lazarus

[size=14pt]MIRACLES OF MOSES[/size]

1. The children of Israel were in bondage in Egypt by Pharaoh, they were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied and the land was full with them. Exodus 1: 7.

2. The Egyptians made their lives bitter, the king of Egypt pharaoh order to kill all born son, but if it is daughter, and then she shall live. EXODUS 1:13 to 16. EXODUS 1:22.

3. MOSES 3 month old in the bulrushes, in the river. EXODUS 2: 1 to 4.

4. Pharaoh daughter found the child Moses in the river. EXODUS 2:8 to 9.

5. The child grew and they called him MOSES. EXODUS 2:10.

6. In those days, Moses grown, he killed an Egyptian that was smiting a Hebrew. EXODUS 2:11 to 12.

7. Moses left Egypt to the median desert and lived by the well. EXODUS 2:15 The priest of MEDIAN gave Moses ZIPPORAH his daughter as a wife, and she bares him a son named GRESHAM, EXODUS 2: 21 to 22.

8. GOD spoke unto Moses in the burning bush telling Moses (GO BACK TO EGYPT AND BRING MY PEOPLE OUT OF EGYPT) EXODUS 3: 1 to 7.

9. GOD spoke unto Moses, behold the children of Israel are in bondage tell pharaoh to let them go. EXODUS 6: 5 to 7.

10. GOD telling Moses how to make a miracle in the front of Pharaoh (showing the power of GOD) EXODUS 7:9.

11. Moses turns the rod unto a serpent, EXODUS 7: 10. EXODUS 7:14.

12. The water of the river became blood. EXODUS 7:17.

13. Moses smites all the borders of Egypt with frogs. EXODUS 8:2.

14. Moses smites the dust of the earth and became lice. EXODUS 8:17.

15. Moses sends a grievous mourner upon the cattle, the Egyptians cattle died but the Israelite did not. EXODUS 9:3. EXODUS 9:6 to 7.

16. Moses smites the Egyptians by the dust of the furnace. EXODUS 9:8.

17. Moses sends rain of hail. EXODUS 9:18.

18. Moses sends the locusts over Egypt. EXODUS 10:14.

19. Moses sends the darkness in all the land of Egypt for 3 days. EXODUS 10:22.

20. GOD said, every first born in the land of Egypt from Pharaoh to the first born of the maidservant, And all first born of the beast. EXODUS 12:29.

21. Pharaoh tells Moses to take his people and go. EXODUS 12: 31 to 32.

22. The children of Israel journeyed, on the way to the Promised Land. EXODUS 12:37.

23. Pharaoh changed his mind about letting the Israelite to go he took 600 chariots and went after them. EXODUS 14:5 to 7.

24. Pharaoh drew nigh by the children of Israel. EXODUS 14:10 to 14.

25. The LORD said to Moses (LIFT UP YOUR ROD AND DIVIDE THE RED SEA: AND LET THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL SHALL GO ON DRY LAND IN MIDST OF THE SEA) EXODUS 14:15 to 17.

26. The LORD tells Moses, stretch out your hand over the sea, and cause the sea to go back by A strong wind and let the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea. EXODUS 14: 21 to 22.

27. The LORD said to Moses stretch out your hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians. EXODUS 14: 26 to 29.

28. Then, on the way to the Promised Land, the children of Israel murmured against Moses, cause of hunger. EXODUS 16:2 to 7.

29. The LORD shall send rain bread from heaven. EXODUS 16: 31.

30. The children of Israel did eat MANNA for forty years in the wilderness, during their journey to the Promised Land. EXODUS 16:35.

31. The LORD said to Moses smites the rock and there shall water come out. EXODUS 17:4 to 6.

32. The LORD said to Moses, I SHALL COME TO MY PEOPLE IN THE FIRE. EXODUS 19: 9 to 16. EXODUS 19: 17 to 21.

MOSES AND THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

33. The LORD spoke to Moses and gave the Ten Commandments.

[size=14pt]MIRACLES OF MOHAMMED[/size]

Splitting of the Moon

"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388:

Narrated Abdullah:

The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the company of the Prophet, and it became two parts. The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)."

Food Multiplication

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 780:

Narrated Jabir:

My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, "My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me." The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, "Measure (for them)." He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them.

Water Multiplication

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings, but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water remaining with you." The people brought a utensil containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 777:

Narrated Al-Bara:

We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al-Hudaibiya (there) was a well. We drew out its water not leaving even a single drop. The Prophet sat at the edge of the well and asked for some water with which he rinsed his mouth and then he threw it out into the well. We stayed for a short while and then drew water from the well and quenched our thirst, and even our riding animals drank water to their satisfaction.

Supplication for Rain

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115:

Narrated Anas:

A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

Lights to guide Companions

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 454:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Two of the companions of the Prophet departed from him on a dark night and were led by two lights like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when they parted, each of them was accompanied by one of these lights till he reached their (respective) houses.

Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 783:

Narrated Ibn Umar:

The Prophet used to deliver his sermons while standing beside a trunk of a datepalm. When he had the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk started crying and the Prophet went to it, rubbing his hand over it (to stop its crying).

The expulsion of a liar's corpse by the Earth

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 814:

Narrated Anas:

There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat-al-Baqara and Al-Imran, and he used to write (the revelations) for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again and he used to say: "Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is the act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away from them." They again dug the grave deeply for him, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is an act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them." They dug the grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they believed that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and had to leave him thrown (on the ground).

The Speech of the Wolf

Volume 3, Book 39, Number 517:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "While a man was riding a cow, it turned towards him and said, 'I have not been created for this purpose (i.e. carrying), I have been created for sloughing.l" The Prophet added, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar believe in the story." The Prophet went on, "A wolf caught a sheep, and when the shepherd chased it, the wolf said, 'Who will be its guard on the day of wild beasts, when there will be no shepherd for it except me?' "After narrating it, the Prophet said, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar too believe it." Abu Salama (a sub-narrator) said, "Abu Bakr and 'Umar were not present then."

It has been written that a wolf also spoke to one of the companions of the Prophet near Medina as narrated in Fath-al-Bari:Narrated Unais bin 'Amr: Ahban bin Aus said, "I was amongst my sheep. Suddenly a wolf caught a sheep and I shouted at it. The wolf sat on its tail and addressed me, saying, 'Who will look after it (i.e. the sheep) when you will be busy and not able to look after it? Do you forbid me the provision which Allah has provided me?' " Ahban added, "I clapped my hands and said, 'By Allah, I have never seen anything more curious and wonderful than this!' On that the wolf said, 'There is something (more curious) and wonderful than this; that is, Allah's Apostle in those palm trees, inviting people to Allah (i.e. Islam).' "Unais bin 'Amr further said, "Then Ahban went to Allah's Apostle and informed him what happened and embraced Islam.)" palm trees or other trees and share the fruits with me."

[size=14pt]Quranic verses that says allah refused to perform miracles to the people.[/size]

“And they say, ‘We will not believe you until you break open for us from the ground a spring, or [until] you have a garden of date-palms  and grapes and make rivers gush forth within them in force [and abundance] or you make the heaven fall upon us in fragments as you have claimed or you bring God and the angels before [us] or you have a house of ornament [gold] or you ascend into the sky.  And [even then], we will not believe in your ascension until you bring down to us a book we may read.’  ‘Say, Exalted is my Lord!  Was I ever but a human messenger?’’’ (Quran 17:90-93)

The answer was:

“And nothing has prevented Us from sending [this message, like the earlier ones,] with miraculous signs [in its wake], save [Our knowledge] that the people of olden times [only too often] gave the lie to them: thus, We provided for [the tribe of] Thamud the she-camel as a visible sign, but they wronged her.  And never did We send those signs for any other purpose than to convey a warning.” (Quran 17:59)

When demanded ostensibly, God in His wisdom knew they would not believe, so He refused to show them miracles:

“Now they swear by God with their most solemn oaths that if a miracle were shown to them, they would indeed believe in this [divine writ].  Say: ‘Miracles are in the power of God alone.’  ‘And for all you know, even if one should be shown to them, they would not believe so long as We keep their hearts and their eyes turned [away from the truth], even as they did not believe in it in the first instance: and [so] We shall leave them in their overweening arrogance, blindly stumbling to and fro.’” (Quran 6:109-110)
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2011
just to point out an often repeated misinterpretation of the Quran by non-muslims.the Quran does not at all say that Muhammad (sa) did not perform miracles.it simply answers the pagans who thought of the Prophet (sa) as some supernatural being or a small "god" like christians view Jesus or in cases where the pagans still disbelieved.in those verses the Prophet (sa) is told to answer that he is only a mortal who is himself dependent on God the Almighty Creator.so whatever miracle or power that it reported like the Splitting of the Moon which itself is mentioned in the Quran,is to be understood rightly as the power of God the Almighty Creator and not the Prophet (sa).this is to make the message clear enough that we should not fall into the mistake of previous communities who took men for gods because they performed miracles.this approach is partly to blame on so called "love" for the men of God like Jesus and on the ignorance of the pagans who converted misunderstanding the concepts of prophethood and divine messengership.however,those verses are in no way to be misunderstood as "lack of miracles" by the Prophet Muhammad (sa).examining the verses and comparing them closely would bring light to that.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 1:08am On Dec 15, 2011
U ve spoken well sir, so Jesus is to be blamed because Mohammed was unable to prove himself in public as a true divine prophet. Did u read well my text? I said made mention of some excuses made by  prophets with no divine power of miracle. That is exactly where Muhammed fall. He could ve proved himself. God does ever prove himself by his prophets with signs withnessed  by doubter etc.

The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the company of the Prophet, and it became two parts. The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)."

The bold sounds like one framed up tales, does he ve to call his follower to look, where is the self confident? Was he not sure of himself? When moses manifested God befor king Of Egypt, by turning his rod into snake, know ye that The the physicians also turn thiers into snake, but as God is the greatest Moses defeated them with Greater Miracles that is how God proved
himself to the Egyptians, miracle upon miracles in public eyes. So why is it that only Muhammed's follower
Are his eye Withness? I read in multiple Islamic articels that says, A real Islamist refused to accept that Mohammed performed any miracle apart from the Kuran given to him by allah(god)There are no concrete prove from outsider as eye withnesses for his claimes.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
Sahih Bukhari , Volume 4, Book 56, Number 814:

Narrated Anas:

There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat-al-Baqara and Al-Imran, and he used to write (the revelations) for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again and he used to say: "Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is the act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away from them." They again dug the grave deeply for him, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is an act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them." They dug the grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they believed that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and had to leave him thrown (on the ground).

Very interesting miracle from Muhammed grin grin grin
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2011
plappville:

U ve spoken well sir, so Jesus is to be blamed because Mohammed was unable to prove himself in public as a true divine prophet. Did u read well my text? I said made mention of some excuses made by  prophets with no divine power of miracle. That is exactly where Muhammed fall. He could ve proved himself. God does ever prove himself by his prophets with signs withnessed  by doubter etc.

The bold sounds like one framed up tales, does he ve to call his follower to look, where is the self confident? Was he not sure of himself? When moses manifested God befor king Of Egypt, by turning his rod into snake, know ye that The the physicians also turn thiers into snake, but as God is the greatest Moses defeated them with Greater Miracles that is how God proved
himself to the Egyptians, miracle upon miracles in public eyes. So why is it that only Muhammed's follower
Are his eye Withness? I read in multiple Islamic articels that says, A real Islamist refused to accept that Mohammed performed any miracle apart from the Kuran given to him by allah(god)There are no concrete prove from outsider as eye withnesses for his claimes.

so do you expect me to believe what you say or to read for myself and make my own conclusion?

you mentioned so many of the miracles said to have being performed by the Prophet Muhammad (sa) even one mentioned in the Quran.this is what you said:

(Muhammed's approx. AD 600), his miracles are eaither withnessed by his follower or only Muslims. And they are not met the Gods divine miracles statistics as in MOSES AND JESUS. Now lets see all the three and their miracles.

and what do you mean by "God divine miracles statistic"? grin
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2011
plappville:

Sahih Bukhari , Volume 4, Book 56, Number 814:

Narrated Anas:

Very interesting miracle from Muhammed grin grin grin

here is another very intersting miraclegrin grin grin

2 Kings 2:23-24

“And he (Elisha) went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.”

and here is one more even more interesting than the first because it never came to pass grin grin grin

Mark 16:16-20
16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

and here is the bible version of "SUPERMAN" grin grin grin
Judges 3:31
And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, which slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad: and he also delivered Israel.

well using an "ox goad" to kill 600 makes him sound more like Harry Potter than Superman grin grin grin
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2011
plappville:

are you drunk?

i think i have said enough in the previous posts.

there is enough light for those who want to see.

there is enough miracles,knowledge of unseen,science and truth and true doctrines in the Quran alone besides other sources of Islam.the miracles of the Prophet (sa) were performed in arabia for both the pagans and muslims who follow Muhammad (sa) to see.and the success of his mission in Arabia proved his truthfulness.he started with a few followers to end up convincing the whole of arabia.

that is something Jesus with all his miracles (only recorded in the new testament and supported in the Quran) could not do.

John 1:11
"He (Jesus) came unto his own (people,the Jews), and his own (people,the Jews) received him not.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2011
Is It Every Man That Produces Miracle A True Prophet?

Matthew 24:24
"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible".

Matthew 16:4
"A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away".

1 Corinthians 1:22
"Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom"
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2011
LagosShia:

Is It Every Man That Produces Miracle A True Prophet?

Matthew 24:24
"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible".This were Muhammed fits in, this verse and some other verse in the bible told it.""""The expulsion of a liar's corpse by the Earth"" isn't this a great miracle undecided

Matthew 16:4
"A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away".

1 Corinthians 1:22
"Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom"

The prophet with semilarity like Moses must possesed Gods devine miraclous power to prove his prophecy is devine. Mohammed in no way, according to your kuran did no miracles of such.

Moses spoke to God and followed his commands. He led the people out of Egypt and witnessed "many" miracles in the wilderness. Moses built the Ark of the Covenant as God commanded and received the ten commandments

I will not start posting his miracles over and over again, u know better.

Before Muhammed came to earth, the bible has spoken of Jesus been spoken of by Moses.
Muhammed studied the bible, He saw that the prophecy was not him in anyway. He tried all technics to fix himself, but he couldn't, he failed in many ways, he knew the only way he could  decieve people is to tarnish the bible of been corrupt. This bible words still remains, despite his tricks. Acts 3:20-22, regarding Jesus, it states:

[size=14pt](Acts 3:20-22“)And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. (22) For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.”[/size]
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2011
LagosShia:

so do you expect me to believe what you say or to read for myself and make my own conclusion?

you mentioned so many of the miracles said to have being performed by the Prophet Muhammad (sa) even one mentioned in the Quran.this is what you said:

and what do you mean by "God divine miracles statistic"? grin[b](Mohammeds miracles if at all they are true, are of less quentity. A divine miracle are uncountable.[/b]

I didn't see in ur holy book miracles performed by him only "one" and each time we qoute other Islamic book, u muslims always refused their authenticity. And these are the books tht seem to mentioned that Muhammed at least, performed some miracles with his followers as eye-withnesses grin
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2011
plappville:

I didn't see in your holy book miracles performed by him only "one" and each time we qoute other Islamic book, u muslims always refused their authenticity. And these are the books tht seem to mentioned that Muhammed at least, performed some miracles with his followers as eye-withnesses grin

simply because there is no source other than arabic or islamic source on the early movement of Islam in arabia.

in the Quran,aside from miracles there is also prophecy.you should try and search for knowledge.whatever i present here you'd most likely not appreciate because you'd see it as something obtained "cheaply".

put in the effort.if you put in half the effort of misleading others in your ignorance to know the truth and understanding the deep and thought provoking meanings of the Quran,you'd be a better person than you are and even your husband will appreciate you more andhave high regard for you.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
plappville:

The prophet with semilarity like Moses must possesed Gods devine miraclous power to prove his prophecy is devine. Mohammed in no way, according to your kuran did no miracles of such.

Moses spoke to God and followed his commands. He led the people out of Egypt and witnessed "many" miracles in the wilderness. Moses built the Ark of the Covenant as God commanded and received the ten commandments

I will not start posting his miracles over and over again, u know better.

Before Muhammed came to earth, the bible has spoken of Jesus been spoken of by Moses.
Muhammed studied the bible, He saw that the prophecy was not him in anyway. He tried all technics to fix himself, but he couldn't, he failed in many ways, he knew the only way he could decieve people is to tarnish the bible of been corrupt. This bible words still remains, despite his tricks. Acts 3:20-22, regarding Jesus, it states:

[size=14pt](Acts 3:20-22“)And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. (22) For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.”[/size]

Moses split the sea and Muhammad (sa) split the moon.the bible records those of Moses and the Quran records those of Muhammad (sa).

God spoke to Moses and God also spoke to Muhammad (sa).God promised Moses to put his words into the mouth of Muhammad (sa) in deut. 18:18.Moses (as) freed his people from slavery and so did Muhammad (sa) also freed his people from mental slavery and the bondage of idolatry.

you're so desperate.you are now drifting into the subject of deuteronomy 18:18 which was recently discussed in another thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-819005.32.html#msg9751890

now you claim and repeat the pagan suspicion and missionary lie that Muhammad (sa) was learned and studied the bible (to explain his miraculous being.but the Quran explicitly denies that he was learned and no one in his time and among his contemporaries ever doubted the fact that he was unlearned which is another miracle in itself:

Holy Quran 29:48
"And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one with your right hand. Otherwise the falsifiers would have had [cause for] doubt".
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
Moses split the sea  and Muhammad (sa) split the moon.the bible records those of Moses and the Quran records those of Muhammad (sa).

God spoke to Moses and God also spoke to Muhammad (sa).God promised Moses to put his words into the mouth of Muhammad (sa) in deut. 18:18.Moses (as) freed his people from slavery and so did Muhammad (sa) also freed his people from mental slavery and the bondage of idolatry.

Plz stop These tales, just like Muhammed ve claimed he knew things of the bible more than the people of the bible.
So, do people of the bible know his tricks on miracles performed by him. Apart from the Kuran, what other history recored his Moon spliting?
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 12:01am On Dec 18, 2011
now you claim and repeat the pagan suspicion and missionary lie that Muhammad (sa) was learned and studied the bible (to explain his miraculous being.but the Quran explicitly denies that he was learned and no one in his time and among his contemporaries ever doubted the fact that he was unlearned which is another miracle in itself:

Holy Quran 29:48
"And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one with your right hand. Otherwise the falsifiers would have had [cause for] doubt".

Who is the kuran? What happened to the christian writer that decided to leave Muhammed? Why was he killed? Inorder not to exposed some agenda? If the man had decided to leave is becos he found some tales in Muhhamed. Today, the story was changed and raped as one of his miracles. Look at ignorant world, they will all believe my tales.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 12:13am On Dec 18, 2011
simply because there is no source other than arabic or islamic source on the early movement of Islam in arabia.

in the Quran,aside from miracles there is also prophecy.you should try and search for knowledge.whatever i present here you'd most likely not appreciate because you'd see it as something obtained "cheaply".:u are right.

put in the effort.if you put in half the effort of misleading others in your ignorance to know the truth and understanding the deep and thought provoking meanings of the Quran,you'd be a better person than you are and even your husband will appreciate you more andhave high regard for you.the are the provoker, i am not here to provoke but to expose. Some souls are lost out of ignorant, lets freedom of expression speak to the hearts of people.

I wonder why muslims like bringing in family in general discussion, do u know me? No.
U will not make me look as if i'm brag, if i tell u how i am appreciated it will bug ur heart. He reads most of ur insults and tells me, i discuss with irresponsible fellows. Someone tht doent know u, can tell u about ur hubby shocked , it just shows how blindly u defend islam. Know something before defending it Mr.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 12:23am On Dec 18, 2011
plappville:

Plz stop These tales, just like Muhammed ve claimed he knew things of the bible more than the people of the bible.
So, do people of the bible know his tricks on miracles performed by him. Apart from the Kuran, what other history recored his Moon spliting?

so are you saying Jesus used tricks to perform his miracles? you said the "people of the bible know his tricks".LOL

if in all the threads and this inclusive you are still in doubt that you christians are the most fanatical and ignorant people on earth when it comes to your very own religion and bible,then you must be very slow.

apart from the new testament,what other historical source records the miracles of Jesus? none!!!!

but the miracles of our Prophet (sa) were recorded and witnessed by the thousands who lived with him and later on accepted islam.they believed him and spread the message.

but as for Jesus the bible say his own people rejected him (John 1:11).

as for the tales,this is what a tale looks like:

Matthew 27:50-54
"And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people. When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”

with all these fantastic tales,yet still the bible cries:"he came unto his own people but his people rejected him"!the funnier part is that the tale is like an unconcluded movie that still has a part 2 people are still expecting.the author of those verses is not even a good story teller.he left his story without a conclusion.what happened to those dead that came out of their graves? did they return back? did they attack people?did they fall down and die again?were they buried? do other books of the bible state these fantastic events when talking of what happened at that time? did those people continued living to this day after they left their graves? doesn't the bible say that after resurrection of the dead,then it is judgement and after judgement everlasting life?what happened?what happened? what happened

Hebrews 9:27
"It is appointed unto man once to die and after that, the judgement" ( Hebrews 9:27).
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 12:30am On Dec 18, 2011
plappville:

Who is the kuran? What happened to the christian writer that decided to leave Muhammed? Why was he killed? Inorder not to exposed some agenda? If the man had decided to leave is becos he found some tales in Muhhamed. Today, the story was changed and violated as one of his miracles. Look at ignorant world, they will all believe my tales.

my friend you've met the wrong audience for your foolishness!

if you accept that story/hadith happened at all,why do you follow your blind desire and hate to accept the part of it that suits your fantacies while you reject the other part that doesn't suit you? is that fair? the funnier part is that you base your conclusion on imagination.and besides,the story doesn't say he was "killed".it says he died.and then the earth rejected his body.and besides if any fantastic discovery of falsehood was found about Muhammad (sa) or observed in him,the first that would have rejected him and even harm him are the arabians who were a violent people.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 12:33am On Dec 18, 2011
plappville:

I wonder why muslims like bringing in family in general discussion, do u know me? No.
U will not make me look as if i'm brag, if i tell u how i am appreciated it will bug your heart. He reads most of your insults and tells me, i discuss with irresponsible fellows. Someone tht doent know u, can tell u about your hubby shocked , it just shows how blindly u defend islam. Know something before defending it Mr.
you're the one exposing yourself! cheesy

he must have serious eye problem! take him to an optician ASAP.or may be you need a psychiatrist for not detecting he is trying to make you feel good about yourself. grin
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 12:39am On Dec 18, 2011
LagosShia:

you're the one exposing yourself! cheesy

he must have serious eye problem! take him to an optician ASAP.or may be you need a psychiatrist for not detecting he is trying to make you feel good about yourself. grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin Funny!
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 12:55am On Dec 18, 2011
my friend you've met the wrong audience for your foolishness!

if you accept that story/hadith happened at all,[b]why do you follow your blind desire and hate to accept the part of it that suits your fantacies while you reject the other part that doesn't suit you? is that fair? [/b]the funnier part is that you base your conclusion on imagination.and besides,the story doesn't say he was "killed".it says he died.and then the earth rejected his body.and besides if any fantastic discovery of falsehood was found about Muhammad (sa) or observed in him,the first that would have rejected him and even harm him are the arabians who were a violent people.

The bolds are what u do with the bible. U re crying here, nothing suits me in the kuran.
The christian man was killed by spiritual power.his death occured because he left Islam and was telling people what he saw in Islam. That man was a Christian before, can u imagin the bible study Muhammed had earned from that man? Someine who helped him in writhing things. Whaoo i see why some of the Kuran quotes look similar as the Bible. It is sad they killed that
man. Islam has been, once u join us, u no longer leave, why becos u know all our secrets. If u must leave u must die. True or false @lagosShia?
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 1:09am On Dec 18, 2011
plappville:

The bolds are what u do with the bible. U re crying here, nothing suits me in the kuran.
no madam!

find me an instance where i added my imagination or hate to explain the bible verses.

i only put them forth.they speak for themselves.do not be blinded by hate dear madam.

The christian man was killed by spiritual power.his death occured because he left Islam and was telling people what he saw in Islam.
so how do you conclude that spiritual power was not divine?

That man was a Christian before, can u imagin the bible study Muhammed had earned from that man? Someine who helped him in writhing things. Whaoo i see why some of the Kuran quotes look similar as the Bible. It is sad they killed that
man. Islam has been, once u join us, u no longer leave, why becos u know all our secrets. If u must leave u must die. True or false @lagosShia?

please can you tell us his name? and the hadith does not say Muhammad (sa) learnt from him.otherwise that christian was foolish to claim to have once being muslim!!!

i,a proud muslim born and with conviction, have actually being exposing the "secrets" in the bible that christians dont want to read themselves or turn a blind eye to!!!!

you can see them all here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739943.0.html
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 12:05am On Dec 22, 2011
LagosShia:

no madam!

find me an instance where i added my imagination or hate to explain the bible verses. Mr, u ve misinterpreted the bible times without numbers here, using it to validate islam, how does that speaks for it self?

i only put them forth.they speak for themselves.do not be blinded by hate dear madam.
so how do you conclude that spiritual power was not divine? I can conclude it because the bible makes it clear that in:[(galatians 1:cool color=#990000]But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that person be condemned![/color]

Islam is contrary to Christianity, Muhammed's spiritual life is contrary to that of Jesus. So it is not divine, God is not Confused. Only contradiction doctrines are confused.

please can you tell us his name? [b]and the hadith does not say Muhammad (sa) learnt from him.[/b]otherwise that christian was foolish to claim to have once being muslim!!! , Will the hadith say everything in details? He used to write for him, imagin the relationship just when he decided to leave he died and his grave was duged several times just to prove it was allahs power grin grin grin

i,a proud muslim born and with conviction, have actually being exposing the "secrets" in the bible that christians dont want to read themselves or turn a blind eye to!!!! Ur Father knows, when he wont be on earth, someone will come to decieve u, spoil him for u, tell u lies, do certain things that will almost confuse u to believe he knows ur father better than u do. Say the truth, will u accept a young little boy from elsewhere, to come and tell u that ur father is not what he claim he was etc? if u are wise, Wont u tell him, Hey little boy!, before u were born to earth, my father has been like this, I ve lived with my father all my life, i love and believe in him for everything he had told me. U ve no power to paint him or tell me to believe ur stories. I know my father, he is what i know him to be. Put Christians in ur position, and put the little boy in Muhammed's place. This is my short illustration.

you can see them all here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739943.0.html:Dont u think is high time u stop posting ur old self made links and show something new? of course u ve nothing new to show that's why.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2011
@Plappville.
when you believe in something new,then you'd get something new.but when you believe in the old,then exposing falsehood would be the same.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2011
@plappville

Thanks for the good work.

Just leave these people alone, their problem is spiritual, a blindness to their hearts , with prayer the veil of deception can be removed and they will be saved.

God Bless.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2011
frosbel:

@plappville

Just leave these people alone, their problem is spiritual, a blindness to their hearts , with prayer the veil of deception can be removed and they will be saved.

God Bless.

Does the Bible God tempt people or not?

Genesis 22:1 and James 1:13
God tempted Abraham (Genesis 22:1) - "Now it came about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, "Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am."

The KJV says, "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am"
God tempts no one (James 1:13) - "Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone."

BIBLE GOD DELUDES!
2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

BIBLE GOD DECEIVES HIS PROPHETS
Ezekiel 14:9
9And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

BIBLE GOD LEADING PEOPLE ASTRAY
John 12:40
He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Isaiah 6:10
10Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Isaiah 29:10
10For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by plappville(f): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2011
frosbel:

@plappville

God Bless.

You are right, they are spiritually blind.
Thanks, God bless!
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2011
plappville:

You are right, they are spiritually blind.
Thanks, God bless!

Jesus did not say the below about muslims,but about your likes:

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by proo212(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2011
Here comes Lagosshia again with ini mini maini mo, picking verse at random and trying to confuse himself. Did you read the verses in the context they were written?

I will shout here and everyone else please permit me READ THE PASSAGES IN CONTEXT then you can discuss inerrancy if there is such a word

Ezekiel 14 please start from verse 1
2 Thess 2, please start from verse 1
Gen 22:1 is "tested". God tested Abraham's faith in sacrificing "Isaac" the promised son (who you guys refuse to believe was the one to be sacrificed but quite convenient to quote to make God out to be what He is not). The same faith established him as a friend of God in the same book of James 2. All other translations used tested as opposed to tempted. When you bring up such things, I use the German bible translations to confirm the context.

John 12:40, start from verse 37 to the end
Isaiah 6:10, why don't you start from the beginning
Isaiah 29:10, why don't you read the whole chapter to get the meaning? Incidentally verse 12 is one of the same verses you guys try to write your prophet into the bible.

You guys are ridiculous, Some parts work for you but some parts don't.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
proo212:

Here comes Lagosshia again with ini mini maini mo, picking verse at random and trying to confuse himself. Did you read the verses in the context they were written?

I will shout here and everyone else please permit me READ THE PASSAGES IN CONTEXT then you can discuss inerrancy if there is such a word

Ezekiel 14 please start from verse 1
2 Thess 2, please start from verse 1
Gen 22:1 is "tested". God tested Abraham's faith in sacrificing "Isaac" the promised son (who you guys refuse to believe was the one to be sacrificed but quite convenient to quote to make God out to be what He is not). The same faith established him as a friend of God in the same book of James 2. All other translations used tested as opposed to tempted. When you bring up such things, I use the German bible translations to confirm the context.

John 12:40, start from verse 37 to the end
Isaiah 6:10, why don't you start from the beginning
Isaiah 29:10, why don't you read the whole chapter to get the meaning? Incidentally verse 12 is one of the same verses you guys try to write your prophet into the bible.

You guys are ridiculous, Some parts work for you but some parts don't.

no no no,you are wrong!

i am talking of the "new covenant" while you are talking of the "old covenant". grin grin grin

i am quoting from the "new testament" while you are quoting majorly from the "old testament". cheesy cheesy cheesy

is that not the ridicule christians teach others? cheesy cheesy

well,Jesus said he will rejected those who will claim to have followed him.
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by proo212(m): 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

You acknowledged that Jesus said this. I am sure you have read it again and again and if you cannot decipher and see the authority in this statement, then you have a problem .

It establishes Jesus as God, the one who has the keys of heaven, the one who will cast out to hell fire, the one who knows the contents of your heart because in this passage it clearly states that the people say Lord to him but their hearts are elsewhere. The same Isaiah 29:10 you quoted and refused to look at verse 13, can you see how you're systematically hanging yourself?

Did your prophet make such a claim anywhere in the quran??

13The Lord says:

“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is made up only of rules taught by men.b
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by proo212(m): 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
Mr Lagosshia, I asked you to read the very same verse you quoted to try and pull wool over my eyes and i asked you to read the same verses but read the surrounding passages to get the context. Who is talking about old and new covenant?
Re: Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: by LagosShia: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2011
proo212:

You acknowledged that Jesus said this. I am sure you have read it again and again and if you cannot decipher and see the authority in this statement, then you have a problem .

It establishes Jesus as God, the one who has the keys of heaven, the one who will cast out to hell fire, the one who knows the contents of your heart because in this passage it clearly states that the people say Lord to him but their hearts are elsewhere. The same Isaiah 29:10 you quoted and refused to look at verse 13, can you see how you're systematically hanging yourself?

Did your prophet make such a claim anywhere in the quran??

13The Lord says:

“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is made up only of rules taught by men.b

you have again gone forward to blaspheme that Jesus was implying he is "god".

your dreams are magical!

and even taking verse 13 into context,there is no other way to explain what Jesus is saying than seeing the obvious that there are people who claim to follow Jesus and he will deny them for whatever reason there is.and you are exactly one of them for your blasphemy and for not following the will of the "father".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Masturbation A Sin? By Pastor Steve Van Nattan And Richard Anthony / Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? / Misconceptions About Moses And The Medical Symbol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.