Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Etteh: Tactical Delay Of Judgement Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etteh: Tactical Delay Of Judgement Day (806 Views)

Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh / Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etteh: Tactical Delay Of Judgement Day by Bankole01(m): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2007
The House is on another 2 week recess, another vacation in a long line of vacations.
In spite of protests from legislators who oppose another break from legislative process, the (dis)honorable madam Speaker directed the majority leader to move for a 2 week recess.

Since innagurations and the selection of Etteh as Speaker, the House has only sat for legislative business, a total of 33 days and passed only one bill!
Before this recent recess, the House was on a six weeek break. It was during this break that the renovations contract scam broke. To forstall debate on the scandal, the (less than)honorable speaker moved for a condolensce break to mourn Enwerem.

No sooner had the ad hoc commitee tabled its report than our Speaker was directing another vacation for legislators.
Oh yea, this is not a real break, just a lull in planery session, was our under-achiver-speaker's explanation.
In her 100 days as Speaker, our dis-honoured madam speaker has only managed to appropriate a whopping sum of money to renovate one house!

As much as we would like to see a woman occupy high political office in Nigeria, do we keep a woman who has proven to be under-qualified, inept and totally bereft of any sense of order?
A woman who after sucessfully cornering N628mil of Nigeria's and legislative money, proceeded to give herself a lavish birthday party in the US.

This woman, I say is not leadership material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Etteh: Tactical Delay Of Judgement Day by Prince22(m): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2007
Bankole 01, You are very right,

Etteh is not LEADERSHIP MATERIAL at all.
Re: Etteh: Tactical Delay Of Judgement Day by Afam(m): 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2007
She must have quite a number of people misleading her, making money from the advice and hope they give to her that they have everything covered.

Politically, she is finished and I doubt if this is clear to her at all.
Re: Etteh: Tactical Delay Of Judgement Day by vigasimple(m): 12:04am On Sep 30, 2007
Afam:

Politically, she is finished and I doubt if this is clear to her at all.

I wouldn't be so sure, polticians are politicians because they can be thick. Most of the time it is money and power that make them to be thick.

You hear cries of nail him to the cross one minute and another minutes hosana, that is politicians for you.

My instictive suspicion is that Etteh will propably weather this and pull it off. she may pull it off if she can ensure that that there is no enough vote to pass no vote of confidence or to impeach her.

On an interesting note, Etteh mistake is not the amount of monies and lack of due process, she simply has not play the politics right by making sure that all the main guys are 'settled'

That is the what she has breached, her inability to give what belong to ceaser to ceaser and what belong to satan to satan.

If I was a betting man I will bet that she will survive.
Re: Etteh: Tactical Delay Of Judgement Day by chidichris(m): 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2007
it is going to be a tough time for our corruption fighting agents. a time to prove those us who believe this fight is one sided. a time to put us to shame.
but the big question is, when is this going to happen? marwa was made to refund some stolen funds and withdrew his presidential ambitions a couple of months back but today, an ambassadore, the same confirmed criminal no going outside to represent nigeria. does it mean that alams will soon contest for president or be made the minister of fct.
a man who is surposed to be in the black books name an ambassadore wow, i am afraid nothing will happen to etteh as all she need to do is to buy time and make peace with the aggrieved parties and be ready to share very well next time.

(1) (Reply)

Ig Plans To Withdraw Policemen From Bullion Vans / We Don’t Have Weapons To Fight Criminals - Ig / James Ibori And The People Of Delta 35 Billion .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.