Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 (2438 Views)

Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss / Help With Installation Of The Java Development Kit 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by tuazor: 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
with my strong desire to be a programmer in Java specifically, i followd some thread on this forum (very good) and i was told that to begin programming in Java you need two things viz:

1 A Java Software Edition and
2 An IDE (NETBEANS OR ECLIPSE) or for a start a text Editor(notepad or textpad)

following this information, i bought JAVA(TM) SE DEVELOPMENT KIT 6 UPDATE 2 and NETBEANS 6.8 since i find it difficult downloading them. i then installed both on my system successfully. my problem now is

when i try to run a program from my command prompt after typing and saving it in my text editor (notepad), it displays "Javac is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i don't know if my installation is wrong or i need to configure my paths but what ever the case may be, am pleading seriously, i need a professional to please guide me from the beginning i.e from installation, configuration and anything else that i need to set so my program's can Run successfully.

i already understand some few things in java though, but my headache is this "Javac" thing displaying "Javac is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. it really knows how to make me unhappy. please i need help. even when i type javac in my command prompt it displays same thing.

what do i do?
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by Seun(m): 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2011
add the java bin directory to your path.
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by tuazor: 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ seun how do i do that? the bin directory
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by tuazor: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2011
if i type java in my command prompt it will display series of information. but, if i type javac it tells me this giberish story javac is not recognized as an internal or external command even after adding the C:\j2sdk1.5.0_04\bin; please i want someone to help me please .

all the gurus on nairaland where are you? save me.
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by Chimanet(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2011
Check a text book, dietel Java How To Program explains it well
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by tuazor: 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2011
please how can i get the book?
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by Bossman(m): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2011
Are you sure that's the correct path to your bin directory though? Navigate to your bin directory under your JDK installation and cut and paste that and add it to your path.

http://java.sun.com/new2java/programming/learn/
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by tuazor: 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2011
Na Wah o!. i have tried every thing i can yet its still not working. this is my java bin directory C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_01. i have placed it in my path i have even tried both the beginning and at the end yet, it still displays "javac is not recognize as blah blah blah. realy don't know what to do.

don't know if its because i changed my directory from C:\program files\java\jdk1.6.0_01 to C:\java\jdk1.6.0_01 during my installation for both the JDE and the JRE. please i need Help on this. nairaland gurus please help me out i really want to do this.

thanks.
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by Bossman(m): 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2011
In that directory, do you see javac.exe? Or if you go the the command prompt (start->run, then type cmd, then type javac, what do you get
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by Seun(m): 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2011
You need the Java SDK
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by tuazor: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2011
there is javac.exe in the directory even when i used search from my start up menu, i see a lot of javac.exe even as a folder.

@seun is the java SDK not included in the jdk-6u2-windows-1586-p.exe ?
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by tuazor: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
if i go the the command prompt (start->run, then type cmd, then type javac, i get "Javac is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by Bossman(m): 4:46am On Dec 18, 2011
And you have actually downloaded the JDK. If not, then go here and download it - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-download-346242.html
Re: Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 by tuazor: 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2011
what i now have is the jdk-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe. is this not what i need?

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed With Ozeki SMS Gateway / Trollin' / Please Which Career In Tech Can I Master In 1 Year For A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.