Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

a - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / a (1708 Views)

We ‘re Cause Of Our Problems In The North – Sultan / 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

a by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2011
Re: a by coogar: 12:16am On Dec 16, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Good Afternoon,

My dear Nigerian brothers and sisters, if complaining about the socio-economic and political state of Nigeria would have solved her little problems, they would have been solved eons ago because the main manifest virtues that we inherited from our ancestors are the art of complaining , arguing amongst ourselves about our problems, positing different solutions, and, ultimately, implementing absolutely nothing.

The only way that we can get out of any problem in life, be they national instability or underdevelopment, or unemployment, or ill-health, etc,  is by continuous fasting and prayer. Yes, you read that right.

Pray from morning till night. Fast from dusk till dawn. Bog the crap out of God and fill His in-box with your requests. To hell with practical solutions.

Instead of looking for a job, or, better yet, instead of creating one by using the skills that you have learnt so far in the course of your education, or from your experience and/or environment, you should genuflect, look up to sky and beg God for a job.

Instead of studying, you should pray till the very last minute, because Jesus said that, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by the words that proceed out of the mouth of the Almighty." The Holy Spirit will lead you to the right answers.

Instead of relying on yourself and thinking about ways in which you could positively impact your country, you should complain day and night, argue with your friends about the ineptness of your leaders, about the developmental stagnation of your country, and then continue praying to God, because His time is the best and He knows what you are going through. How  would you appreciate Him if you are an independent, thoughtful, and problem-solving individual?

Instead of putting in fruitful hours into your passion, you should go to your place of worship, dance for hours, sing like a fat child who has happened upon cake, and make your desires known to God. Remember, where two or three are gathered in His name, He is there with them(So all those prayer wey u dey pray on ya own, Baba God no go answer o because Him talk sey you must be at least two people. I don talk my own o).

Are you searching for a spouse? Off to the house of God because without a human mediator(that is Pastors, Alfas, Babalawos etc) your search will inexorably end in vain. If it does not, your marriage will. Except the Lord buildeth that house, they that doeth so, doeth so in vain. Be warned. Why should you waste time getting to know a man or woman when God can tell His servant who is the perfect person for you.

The more perceptive of you may opine that we already do all these. We pray like no other nation on earth. Yes, we do allocate copious amount of time to prayers, but I dare say that it is not enough; not only must we fast and pray till our breath is almost out and till we are at the point of death but also till reality has become a sort of fatuousness that inanimate objects seem to move on their own accord. Only then will the Almighty send forth his Angels to miraculously change Nigeria. Remember, it is because of our inadequate prayer sessions that God is punishing us with homosexuals, kidnappers, corrupt officials, joblessness, and other forms of evils. These things are foreign to the African culture. We have always been a pure, God-fearing, kind, loving, and war-hating group of people.

Those who have ears, let them ear.

Alhaji omo_to_dun.

Note:
If you are not a Christian, kindly replace any aforementioned verses with the equivalent ones from your Holy Book. Given the similarities amongst most religions, I am deeply convicted that you would not be hard-pressed to find such verses.

prayers without work achieves nothing, i am afraid!
Re: a by BABE3: 12:17am On Dec 16, 2011
Sarcasm at it's best.
Re: a by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 16, 2011
Re: a by Kilode1: 6:54am On Dec 16, 2011
BABE!:

Sarcasm at it's best.
Re: a by koruji(m): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
Oh really? All u need is prayer & fasting.

Same Bible says "Faith without works is dead".

Also, u misinterpret Jesus. His words were "YE will move mountains". Emphasis is on ye doing the mountain-moving. Faith helps u but wont move the mountain for YE. God wants u to work not wait & pray for magic.

Nigerians are the "prayest" people in the world. That should tell u something.

omo_to_dun:

I respectfully disagree. Even Christ said that if ye hath faith as small as a mustard seed, ye can moveth mountains. You do not need work, prayer and fasting are sufficient.
Re: a by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2011
Re: a by koruji(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2011
I hope u are not serious, but in case. Paul spoke exactly to stop those that were misinterpreting Jesus like u are doing. Jesus was quite clear though.

Jesus said "YE SHALL. . .", so he is telling u to move the mountain having faith that you can do it. That is not the same as "PRAY, FAST, and the mountain shall move itself".

omo_to_dun:

No sir,  I .did not. How would you know if I misinterpreted Jesus? Are you his spokesman or his lawyer? The key to our problems is incessant and non-stop fasting and praying. No need to work. The "faith without works" statement was never uttered by Jesus, was it? It was probably one of his apostles or Paul. I'd rather listen to Uncle Jesus.

Re: a by chillbabe(f): 8:19am On Dec 17, 2011
@poster I luv ye
Re: a by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2011
Omo_to_dun, You haven't seen anything yet, Nigeria is now more religious than ever, and the worst is that Smart Fellows are capitalizing on that to make a living by using it as a front to exploit the gullible masses. OTD, Could you believe that I was compelled to go to a Church recently by my Dad, and, on getting there the Pastor said that any Person in that congregation that wants to step into the Year 2012 successfully should donate N12, 000. More than 400 people donated. I was Shocked at how the Preacher is using other people's money to live a bogus life at the detriment of their individual well-being. Anyway, Since I dint donate , there is no need to complain, but I really pity the people who donated and some were willing to even donate more. That's to tell you the extent to which Nigerians are now foolish. I will dwell more on this Issue later.

OFF TOPIC: OTD, reply my mail na
Re: a by kunlekunle: 9:38am On Dec 18, 2011
when jesus called lazarus from dead. the spiritual aspect of the work ended their.
he said roll the stone, (that lazarus could not do from inside nor a man from outside) they, -- many people moved the stone, then he again (jesus) said loose him let him go

you pray and work
Re: a by GWslim(f): 10:55am On Dec 18, 2011
Solution to our problem is ourselves, the need to change our view and attitude to national issues and activities whether as a civil servant or private employer and so on.
Re: a by jamace(m): 11:15am On Dec 18, 2011
I believe the OP is just pulling our legs to stimulate discussion. Therefore, I don't need a soothsayer to tell me that he is saying the opposite of his intention- a mockery of Nigerians.
Re: a by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 20, 2011
Re: a by Jenifa1: 12:51am On Dec 20, 2011
we need to work AND pray.

not one without the other. although I do understand that you are trying to make a mockery of God. u need to repent.
Re: a by Mobinga: 2:53am On Dec 20, 2011
You mock God?
Re: a by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 20, 2011
Re: a by Jenifa1: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2011
omo_to_dun:

I'll pray for you my dear. Either you are obviously misguided or you are not a Nigerian, for only a non-Nigerian would believe in working(tufiakwa) and praying. In Nigeria, all we need is prayer. Nothing more. Why do you think our country is so blessed?

I tire for you. lol

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerians Should Divide By The Country - Man - O - War! / Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth / Touch Not The Aviation Ministers Tour Senate Warns Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.