Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission (9847 Views)

MCA Uturu Students Pay N50000+ To Collect Original Certificates / LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students / Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 11:43am On Dec 18, 2011
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2011
luvola:

@ sheguy - u must be a bloody liar, lasu never admitted anybody this year into law due to nuc disaccreditation. liar !! i caught u
and yet they were conducting post ume and demanding for bribe when they were never accredited in the first place. lagos state "education-subsidy" must go.

Luvola wouldn't come out now.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by Swaginton(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2011
@sheyman,u must rili luv ur sista so much cause i dnt c any oda logical explanation for u displayin a show of stupidity, get a life my broda, u said we are beneficiaries of d corrupt system,all dat is mere shakespeareiterature cause i knw dat if ur sista waz admitted in d first place,u wnt b whinin abt d education decadence and appealin for an increase in school fees, u are jst a bleepin hypocrite, u also mentioned dat i shudnt av chosen uniben bt ali ambrose uni for a course as dignified as law, dats y many pplednt get admitted, lemme give u a newsflash.b4 u choose any uni as ur first choice,u must consider many factors such as d catchment area,ease of access,environment etc, fyi,am frm delta state,i live in warri and i made d rite decison,dats y am nw a bonafide law student of d great uniben, stop cryin ova spilled milk and plan 4 ur sista's future instead of agitatin 4 selfish and unreasonable tins, sincerely bro,u nid a sobreity test, *nt jokin*
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2011
Swaginton:

@sheyman,u must rili luv your sista so much cause i dnt c any oda logical explanation for u displayin a show of stupidity, get a life my broda, u said we are beneficiaries of d corrupt system,all dat is mere shakespeareiterature cause i knw dat if your sista waz admitted in d first place,u wnt b whinin abt d education decadence and appealin for an increase in school fees, u are jst a bleepin hypocrite, u also mentioned dat i shudnt av chosen uniben bt ali ambrose uni for a course as dignified as law, dats y many pplednt get admitted, lemme give u a newsflash.b4 u choose any uni as your first choice,u must consider many factors such as d catchment area,ease of access,environment etc, fyi,am frm delta state,i live in warri and i made d rite decison,dats y am nw a bonafide law student of d great uniben, stop cryin ova spilled milk and plan 4 your sista's future instead of agitatin 4 selfish and unreasonable tins, sincerely bro,u nid a sobreity test, *nt jokin*
fortunately for u i was born in warri but i grad some 3 yrs back, u truly sound like a U-20 dude.
Education is not equal to certificate fyi. We all know what goes on in ur beloved uniben, the school is a mess right now.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by luvola(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ sheyguy - for your information,i got admitted into dept of accounting in the 2007 scoring 61% in the post ume . The nos of non -indigen that apply then was 666 out of the post ume scores were arranged in ascending order and fortunately 44 non indigen students were admitted and i was nos 41 on the list because they stop the list frm those of us that score 61% starting frm the highest score and glory be to god i graduated with a 2.1 last month. Something must hav gone wrong somewhere w.rt to your sister's admission may be her o'level,may b she choose lasu as 2nd choice because they declare openly that priority will not be given to 2nd choice candidate this year.nothing stoping her frm gaining admission if she truely merit it
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by Swaginton(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2011
Alrite sheyguy,u got mi, am an under 20, 17 to b specific, i wonder hw old ur sis is, 30??, lol
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2011
luvola:

@ sheyguy - for your information,i got admitted into dept of accounting in the 2007 scoring 61% in the post ume . The nos of non -indigen that apply then was 666 out of the post ume scores were arranged in ascending order and fortunately 44 non indigen students were admitted and i was nos 41 on the list because they stop the list frm those of us that score 61% starting frm the highest score and glory be to god i graduated with a 2.1 last month. Something must hav gone wrong somewhere w.rt to your sister's admission may be her o'level,may b she choose lasu as 2nd choice because they declare openly that priority will not be given to 2nd choice candidate this year.nothing stoping her frm gaining admission if she truely merit it
y not go to LASU website, click a few links and see 4 urself.
Instead of argueing blindly here.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by luvola(m): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ shey- am on mobile,gat no time for that. but u once said d sch is a glorified sec. sch, so why is your sibling going to a glorified sec.sch ?
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by luvola(m): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ shey- am on mobile,gat no time for that. but u once said d sch is a glorified sec. sch, so why is your sibling going to a glorified sec.sch ?
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2011
luvola:

i cant remember saying the bolded oh.
her crave to be a lawyer took her there.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by tosnat: 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2011
''By God's grace my "average sista" has been
admitted to a far beta sch. your falling short
of 2 points in a common Futa shows your
stuff already''
sheyguy or wat do u call urself.ure d worst and most unreasonable poster on nairaland.by ure own words ure judged.i wonda if u even fink before u post.
(1)ure average sista has been admitted into a 'far beta school'.so its implied here by u that there is a 'far beta school','far beta dan lasu' and ure against every1 who says lasu's increment of fees is abnormal.the otherside of dat statement implies that lasu is a 'far worse school'.and ur dull brain doesnt agree dat a tuition fee of 250 to 350k is outrageous for that kinda institution??.i think u didnt reason before ur 1st post and now ure doin everyfin possible to justify urself.ure notion remains as crazy as hell man.
(2)u called futa a common school.that makes me dislike u more.its a pity.an average student in futa can compete with d best lasu students.and i know what am talkin bout.in terms of academics,administration,morals,admissions and appearance,futa isnt in the class of lasu and can b rated among the very best in dis country.
(3)my falling short of the cut off by two points shows the stuff am made of rite?wat stuff am i made of if i may ask?if ure such an excellent student and if u wer able to meet up wif d requirements in lautech in the first place,where will d nid arise for u to hav to bribe ur way into d skul.and u claimed to hav turned down the offer which i doubt eva happened in d first place cos i know a self centred person like u wuld jump at dat kinda offer.the fact is even if i fell five points below the cut off in futa,i wuld still b eligible for admission in virtually every other tertiary inst. In the country.use ur brain.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2011
Tosnat, i know it is hard to come to terms with a 700% increase in sch fee but we need it in this country, the increase in sch fee of 700 may be too high but the current fee of around 50k or less coupled with state govt. Support alone is a big joke . . .in fact it is the joke of the century . . . lol . . . A good example to follow is convenant uni. Even though u may not want to hear that name right now there is a big lesson to learn from them, in covenant they built the main structures with which they used in starting and demonstrating their intention (in terms of the school standard) then they subtly turned to private cooperations who believe in the vision of the institution and got them to finance most of the school's expense. Dont be decieved by rumors going round or the church-like name it carries. These type of sch funding are done everywhere in the world and they existed in Nigerian unis b4 this decay started setting in. The process has to begin somewhere and i belive it shld start with the student cos they dont care any longer, 250 for public sch may be too high but below 50 is sucidal to the system, the evidences are clear enuf for anyone honest enuf.
If u go to punch news or go to NL politics section, u will c an article abt Nigerian fed schs at tertiarxy level needing 30,000 lecturers. That is the fed school alone w/out factoring state sch into the picture yet.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2011
Tosnat, i know it is hard to come to terms with a 700% increase in sch fee but we need it in this country, the increase in sch fee of 700 may be too high but the current fee of around 50k or less coupled with state govt. Support alone is a big joke . . .in fact it is the joke of the century . . . lol . . . A good example to follow is convenant uni. Even though u may not want to hear that name right now there is a big lesson to learn from them, in covenant they built the main structures with which they used in starting and demonstrating their intention (in terms of the school standard) then they subtly turned to private cooperations who believe in the vision of the institution and got them to finance most of the school's expense. Dont be decieved by rumors going round or the church-like name it carries. These type of sch funding are done everywhere in the world and they existed in Nigerian unis b4 this decay started setting in. The process has to begin somewhere and i belive it shld start with the student cos they dont care any longer, 250 for public sch may be too high but below 50 is sucidal to the system, the evidences are clear enuf for anyone honest enuf.
If u go to punch news or go to NL politics section, u will c an article abt Nigerian fed schs at tertiarxy level needing 30,000 lecturers. That is the fed school alone w/out factoring state sch into the picture yet.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by luvola(m): 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2011
pegging the fee at 100k is ok,but 350k is outrageous for a public univ. most funds allocated to improve the infrastucture of the sch b/w yr 2007 to 2010 were being used to fight election tribunal in d s-west election. what happen when d tuition fee was increase frm 250 naira to 25000k in d yr 2005 ?
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by luvola(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2011
pegging the fee at 100k is ok,but 350k is outrageous for a public univ. most funds allocated to improve the infrastucture of the sch b/w yr 2007 to 2010 were being used to fight election tribunal in d s-west election. what happen when d tuition fee was increase frm 250 naira to 25000k in d yr 2005 ?
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by tosnat: 12:58am On Dec 19, 2011
well.my beleive is dat education isnt like jus every oda sector moreso in a developing nation like ours.here is my policy.wen d awolowos and jakandes of dis world made education free durin there own time,they werent crazy,infact dey made our present leaders what they are today and i know gov. Fashola must hav benefited from it just like every oda personalities in d current helm of affairs in nigeria.do u knw y dey did so den?the reason is because education makes a nation powerful.the more literates a nation produces d more powerful and self reliant d nation will be.dats y awolowo initiated it.he wasnt foolish.all oda sectors of d govt are dependent on education.no education no farming,no engineering,no legislature and so on.so a nation shuld b able to sacrifice a lot for d sake of education.education isnt a money making venture.fashola has made it clear dat he doesnt want the poor in lasu.dats a failure on his part.he is dere to cater for and 'not to rule' both d rich and d poor.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 9:53am On Dec 19, 2011
I can see someone's ignorance is blossoming by the hour here . . . . . . Free uni educatn is a mirage at state level, even the seemingly almighty fed govt dare not go there as things stand.
Any one craving free uni education in 2011 Nigeria shld av his/her head checked.
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by 33coded(m): 10:46am On Dec 19, 2011
Am sure sheyguy av taken combinations of different hard stuffs before postin d rubish nd nonsenses he posted. Someone who can afford any amount for tution is he/she not the one that can pay or do anything for result, increasing the tution is just a kind of deprivation to poor background students who are realy doing the study required in school and giving those "money can do it all" kids chance to buy their way through. Mr Sheyguy pls if u dont know what to write next time stay glued to your t.v set and do what ur mates do (watch cartoons).
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by tosnat: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2011
hahahaha.lolz.coded,u arent smilin at all.its d truth.dis sheyguy nids to learn from pinky and d brain and tom and jerry.dunno wats in his skul.perhaps its empty.
Did i eva say education shuld b totally free?all am sayin is dat education shuldnt be treated as gold.everyfin possible must be done to make skoolin assessible to both d poor and rich.olodo.for everyfin deres a vision and lasu definitely has.dat vision has been swept unda d rug by ur dear govenor.d aim of runnin an higher institution is to contribute to national development and self reliance thru education,educatin folks regardless of d background,rich or poor.mr gov doesnt want d poor in lasu.omasheo.y didnt he do dis in his first term??
Re: Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission by sheyguy: 11:48am On Dec 19, 2011
I can see someone has been forced to open a new NL account here, if u r a sensible person i expect u to reason along or against me instead of attacking my personality here, it shows ur stuff.
Few student cant keep bribing their way tru and sit on tax payer money we have contributed to pay. If u dont like it u can self-destruct whichever way pleases you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Offences Frequently Got You Flogged In Secondary School?? / Caritas University, Nike, Enugu / List Of Nigerian Undergraduate Scholarships And Their Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.