Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? (5629 Views)

Checking UNIBEN Putme Result / Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission / University Of Calabar Putme Result 2011/2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by sincere22k(m): 11:20am On Jun 28, 2012
Imagine o. A student will spend money to register for PUTME, now the result is out some schools demanding student to buy scratch card to before they can see their results, some schools sale it as high as 2650 if your buying the card with online.

What else is going to go wrong in this place? is JAMB or University Commission aware of this Abysmal exploitation and still approve it? Where is EFCC?
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Scarpon(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
naija i hail oo
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by passionate88: 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
most states school does that... I am not so sure about federals..
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by donpeluchi(m): 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
The system aint working!
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Mynd44: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ekiti state University is a culprit
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by idmanzik: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
donpeluchi: The system aint working!

Gbam!

passionate88: most states school does that... I am not so sure about federals..
Federal schools also do same...top on the list is University of Nigeria Nsukka. Instead of selling result checking cards, why not include the cost of the card in the form.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by olayiwola9(m): 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
In oau this year, candidates registered with a fee of 2350 after the exam to access your result you have to buy another card for 3350. Daylight scamming in 9ja

5 Likes

Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by inspirenet: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
olayiwola9: In oau this year, candidates registered with a fee of 2350 after the exam to access your result you have to buy another card for 3350. Daylight scamming in 9ja

smiley
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by wellmax(m): 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
Daylight academic robbery!
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by dangaye: 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
inspirenet:

smiley
Another source of revenue to the universities.
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by joejeezy(m): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2012
.....And the E.F.C.C is watching
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by oladayo042: 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
@OP God bless you for this topic. I've always thought about it countless times.

OAU's case was daylight robbery. PUTME form costs N2350 while the result checker goes for N3350 and can only be obtained at the school's microfinance bank. What a scam!

1 Like

Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by mbhs139(m): 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
In UNILAG, it's 3250 plus result checker, past question and i don't know what.

It's just a way of finding food for the boys. What's the school's business in offering and selling past questions? Though, they said it's optional but no bank on campus will sale to you without paying for past question and result checker.

for 9ja, na we dey do ourself
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Oshiite: 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
Efcc,hope u people are watching this dirty scam and keeping mute,when landlord and tenant argue,u people will jump out to expose ur ignoramus,,see case now or foever remain mute
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by amosy007: 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
oladayo042: @OP God bless you for this topic. I've always thought about it countless times.

OAU's case was daylight robbery. PUTME form costs N2350 while the result checker goes for N3350 and can only be obtained at the school's microfinance bank. What a scam!
and imagine they will only admit only 5000 out of abt 55000 students that registered.. Aint that ridiculous
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by mrkels(m): 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
Well fed govt said they should go and source for funds themselves and that's exactly what they are doing. Its sad sha.
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by koolkamzzy(m): 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
What happens if d student didn't make it? That means all money spent is wasted.
Another thing that annoys me is asking student to make a second choice of institution when its obvious that most schls don't admit students that pick them as second choice even after writing and passing the post UTME.

We still have a long way to go in this country.
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by sexyval(f): 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
Na wa o ,wat rubbish !
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nigeria - The home of rackets
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by GenOrumov: 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
Many years ago before the widespread use of computers and internet, when you write an exam, you still need to use money to board a bus to the centres you wrote the exam which may not even be in the state you reside. Now that we have computers and internet, you have the luxury of checking your results in the confinement of your homes instead of taking the risks of travelling. The money you ought to spend as transport is what you are know paying the schools. And don't forget, NOTHING IS FREE EVEN IN FREETOWN!

1 Like

Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by aare07(m): 11:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
My fellow comrade, ball is in our court. let set out the analysis.
NANS should come up and advocate for needed solution .
NANS president should meet with the league of VCs and Dialogue with them.
Newly established Federal Universities have joined them, by paying extra fees to check their result.
for more information about federal university Lokoja
Call Gafar on 08098788439

1 Like

Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 05, 2012
I think it has gotten to the threshold for Nigeria!!! There has to be a revolution...Think about this...What about a man that has got a family of 6 and earns 18,000 per month...Imagine he has 5 girls and 1 boy that happens to be the last...How is he gonna fend for his family without his daughters prostituting? I weep for Nigeria...OUA'S case is peculiar

A cousin bought the form for 2350 and now she has to pay almost 4000 bucks to check her results. Is there no regulatory body in our systems anymore? Where is Nigeria headed? I think it is time we head for the streets and carry out some national cleansing by shedding blood...IT HAS REALLY GOTTEN TO THAT STAGE!!!
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
Gen. Orumov:
Many years ago before the widespread use of computers and internet, when you write an exam, you still need to use money to board a bus to the centres you wrote the exam which may not even be in the state you reside. Now that we have computers and internet, you have the luxury of checking your results in the confinement of your homes instead of taking the risks of travelling. The money you ought to spend as transport is what you are know paying the schools. And don't forget, NOTHING IS FREE EVEN IN FREETOWN!

and so? Is that grounds for all of the wrongs perpetrated in these schools? I am sure it is people like you that propound these horrible patterns..WOE UNTO YOU, WOE UNTO NIGERIA!!!
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Clemzy16(m): 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
...and majority of student still wouldn't make it after spending so much money checking the result. Naija is crap!
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 06, 2012
The Students Union should help.
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by fankasibe: 12:28am On Jul 06, 2012
These corrupt old academicians will now begin to say 'you the youths are the future of tomorrow'
seriously i think it is high time we the youth stage a mini revolution against cooperate, legal and academic theft....long live the Nigeria youth!!
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by meetndee(m): 1:56am On Jul 06, 2012
i wrote oau and fedpolyedes post ume.i dont hv moni 2 check their result.and i wont check it.jus waiting 4 there list.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by greatlee(m): 2:06am On Jul 06, 2012
Gen. Orumov:

well said
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Murphy7h4: 2:09am On Jul 06, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Idacrux: 3:54am On Jul 06, 2012
I think our governments are nothing but an animalistic incomunicado set of pple that has no vision for dis nation rather looting of public funds,removal of oil subsidy,suspention of PT. programmes,renaming higher institution......well,the gods are angry.
Re: Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? by Solomonadejo(m): 4:35am On Jul 06, 2012
I dnt mind riskin my Life to set This Country free!!! This Country have all the resources to make us a Developed Nation!!! But those @ the Top are just too inhuman!!! #REVOLUTION is the way forward... Just imaginin my self Hittin Sen.Mark with a Big Stick on his Head cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyibo Na Dem Be Masters Of Cheat (photo) / How To Remove That Yellow Stain On Your Teeth And How I Cured Mine. / ASUU/FG Meeting Today 28-10-2020?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.