Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers (6288 Views)

PDP Condemns Handcuffing Of Metuh / PDP Condemns House Fracas, Accuses Buhari Of Bias / Fani-kayode Congratulats Aregbesola For Defeatin Omisore “Convincingly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by HighChief4(m): 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
Pdp Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Killers Of Odunayo Olagbaju

The Osun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the release of those who were convicted for the murder of a former member of the House of Assembly, Odunayo Olagbaju.

A statement issued by the party’s Publicity Secretary, Mr. Funmi Lamuye on Thursday said the party was shocked to learn that Mr Rauf Aregbesola had ordered the release of the convicts.
Hon Olagbaju was murdered in Ile Ife in December 2001 by some people in the midst of the crisis between two factions of the Alliance for Democracy Government allegedly led by then Governor Bisi Akande and his deputy, Iyiola Omisore. Olagbaju belonged to the Omisore camp.

The PDP statement reads: “We wish to condemn in its entirety the decision of the Rauf Aregbesola administration to free convicts that confessed to have played a part in the assassination of Late Odunayo Olagbaju “Misty.”
“While the state chapter of the PDP agrees that the governor reserves the right to free prisoners, it is rather suspicious the kind of interest the ACN government has in the case of those that willingly confessed to have killed the vibrant legislator, who represented Ife Central State Constituency between 1999 and 2001.

“The recent action of the Rauf Aregbesola administration has confirmed suspicions that Odunayo Olagbaju, though of the Alliance for Democracy stock, was murdered for his people- centered stance. “It is another pointer to the fact that, under the so-called exercise of Prerogative of Mercy power is a murder-supporting motive. “The assassination of late Odunayo Olagbaju 10 years ago is still fresh in the memories of the people of Ile-Ife and democracy supporting Osun people.

“It leaves much to be desired for any government, person or group to openly show sympathy to those who confessed to his killing and were duly convicted. “The Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State wants Mr. Rauf Aregbesola and his National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande to search their conscience, (if they have any,) what would their families have done if they were in Olagbaju’s shoe.

“The PDP wants to ask on what grounds the ACN governor granted amnesty to the said self-confessed murderers?
“The corpse of Olagbaju (aka misty) will no doubt be turning in the grave. Where is justice?,” the PDP queried.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/16/national-16-12-2011-019.html
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Beaf: 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
Next thing, when armed robbers paralyse the state like has happened close by, we will know who released convicts.
All hail AregbeRASCAL, the most useless governor in Nigeria.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Rafelo01: 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
The corpse of Bola Ige and other people killed by Omisore in Ile Ife during the 2003 and 2007 elections cries for justice as well.The corpse of Saidi at Boluwaduro, Oke at Oyan in odo Otin and other to mention few cry for justice in the grave
High Chief go and sleep.you idiot!
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Rafelo01: 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2011
@Beaf.there is no doubt.you card carrying member of PDP.Go and perish!
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Demdem(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2011
Rafelo01:

The corpse of Bola Ige and other people killed by Omisore in Ile Ife during the 2003 and 2007 elections cries for justice as well.The corpse of Saidi at Boluwaduro, Oke at Oyan in odo Otin and other to mention few cry for justice in the grave
High Chief go and sleep.you !  

Interesting. Infact this same omisore won his senatorial seat while in jail. However, will await the responses of the state govt. They shouldn't make the mistake of giving such a political post as was done in delta.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Gbawe: 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2011
Beaf:

Next thing, when armed robbers paralyse the state like has happened close by, we will know who released convicts.
All hail AregbeRASCAL, the most useless governor in Nigeria.

This most useless Governor in Nigeria currently , by a looooooooooonnnnnng  way, is from your State i.e Delta. Predictably, when Aregbesola is mentioned, you are the first to show up salivating. In your blind haste to rant against Aregbesola perhaps you missed this:

“While[b] the state chapter of the PDP agrees that the governor reserves the right to free prisoners,[/b] it is rather suspicious the kind of interest the ACN government has in the case of those that willingly confessed to have killed the vibrant legislator, who represented Ife Central State Constituency between 1999 and 2001.

I don't know the circumstances of the case so I won't comment on those released suffice to say you are only shouting aimlessly like a woman scorned in so far as the PDP already confessed that Aregbesola has done nothing wrong. By inference, it is obvious they are only unhappy with his choice of Prisoners to release. This is certainly better than how GEJ intervened to frustrate the course of justice via getting a man acquited of a murder charge simply because he needed delegate votes from the influential Teslim Folarin. When the PDP Govenrment actually announced the punishment of 5 years jail term for terrorists and their sponsors, are these Osun faction of the Party , much like you, not being hypocritical here? How long, since the murder happened in 2001, have these guys spent in jail in comparison to how the PDP will be happy to see terrorist who kill many to go home after 5 years or less?
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by GWslim(f): 1:56pm On Dec 16, 2011
No judgment on their conviction since 2001 and you still expect them to remain in the prison for no case.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Gbawe: 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2011
GWslim:

No judgment on their conviction since 2001 and you still expect them to remain in the prison for no case.

Don't mind some and their obscene hypocrisy. These hypocrites are members of the same Party (PDP) touting 5 years in jail for those who can kill many through acts of terrorism. I don't see why their double standards is not glaringly obvious to them.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Beaf: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2011
The armed robbers in Ogun state must be relishing opportunities in Osun, where the most useless governor in Nigeria will free them after they have confessed to murder. cry cry cry

All hail Aregbesola, number one RASCAL and high story teller.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Rafelo01: 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
@beaf.I told you to go and perish.you have point.You are technically vacant.you idiot
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Beaf: 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
Rafelo01:

@beaf.I told you to go and perish.you have point.You are technically vacant.you

Maybe you are one of the beneficiaries of AregbeRASCALS "free farmland" in an elephant reservation who had their senses rearranged with a few hot Aregbe slaps once the camera's were gone! grin grin grin grin
That man provides high quality comedy, only that the consequences are so tragic.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by otokx(m): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2011
Since the investigations cannot be concluded by the police and the former PDP led government the suspects should be released.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Rafelo01: 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
@i am presently in Lagos as a consultant in physical planning.so what is relationship with elephant farmland you mentioned.beaf grin grin grin grin you are one of PDP thugs.I dont have your time.You useless human being.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by manny4life(m): 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
GWslim:

But the article doesn't say about their conviction, or am I missing something?
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Beaf: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
Rafelo01:

@i am presently in Lagos as a consultant in physical planning.so what is relationship with elephant farmland you mentioned.beaf grin grin grin grin you are one of PDP thugs.I dont have your time.You useless human being.

Dude, you can't blame me for thinking you are one of those whose brain cells have been rewired by one of Aregbesola's rampant slaps. You came on the thread, talking like the man had ko'd your brain through your left ear with one of his frequently distributed slaps. ToWAII!!! grin grin grin
Anyway sir, you sound like a maltreated farmer.

As for the elephant reserve story, don't pretend you don't know about it. The wunderkind of irresponsibility and high stories, gave "free farmland" to luckless farmers with a lot of fanfare and razzmatazz, only it was "free land" on an elephant reserve!!! shocked shocked shocked
Damn! Can you beat that?
As soon as the camera's left, AregbeRASCAL got shiploads of thugs to descend on the harpless farmers and straighten their thoughts with left hooks, straight jabs and the odd kick. Its the new style of govt. See?

If you are not a farmer, then you must be one of the unfortunate aluta's that was deported from Lokoja and promptly locked away after embarking on an ill adviced Tinubu arse fanning trip to Abuja, at a time Osun states workers were owed close to 3 months salaries. There is something weird about your behaviour.

What a useless clod Aregbe is. embarassed
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by marcus1234: 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2011
Sadly the middle-class (evidently from the several affordable postings on Nairaland) are the ones leading the country down the path of repugnant poverty and . @Beaf and co (other dissenting opposition ACN, CPC, APGA shitshitshit) you clearly show your fervent and fiercely loyal affiliations to symbols of decadent corruption who have wallowed in unhallowed disservice to humanity, openly parade blatant and decidedly evil/cruel will and purpose for self-interests rather than nationhood. Hypocrites whose only joy is the sustenance of this Evil Government and the seemingly ever-lasting injustice to the dis-franchised masses - may your graves be 1ft closer to the sun  tongue
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by blackboi(m): 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2011
@ all aggressive "nice-guys", must you be abusive/brutal in your manner of approach? have learn it from the "west" ??
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by beafroast: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
beaf don start to see him mense.s again.make somebody pad am o. grin
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Marchman: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
Beaf, I like your style. U re too funny!!!
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by browze: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
blackboi:

@ all aggressive "nice-guys", must you be abusive/brutal in your manner of approach? have learn it from the "west" ??
me sef, I tire oh.

wondered why we can't have simple discussions without curses and rage
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Rafelo01: 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2011
@beaf.Why are you so embittered?You are the only one saying that non sence to Aregbesola.I suspected you are one of those PDP aspirants that were voted out in the last election.Even Olagunsoye Oyinlola is still not getting over the shock of being sacked, let alone you that has not tasted power.As i told you earlier,i dont know anything about the elephant story.You are the only one who knows the story.I am in Lagos and the report we have been getting from Osun State is that the Governor has been performing.Only you is saying the contrary.You need psychological help grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by peleson: 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2011
@Beaf,lol you are a very funny fellow.Why did you describe this man like that, lol
Your mouth is bad i tell, lwkmd
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by philips70(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Sadly the middle-class (evidently from the several affordable postings on Nairaland) are the ones leading the country down the path of repugnant poverty and . @Beaf and co (other dissenting opposition ACN, CPC, APGA shitshitshit) you clearly show your fervent and fiercely loyal affiliations to symbols of decadent corruption who have wallowed in unhallowed disservice to humanity, openly parade blatant and decidedly evil/cruel will and purpose for self-interests rather than nationhood. Hypocrites whose only joy is the sustenance of this Evil Government and the seemingly ever-lasting injustice to the dis-franchised masses - may your graves be 1ft closer to the sun  tongue
Absolutely seconded
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by peleson: 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
It also goes to show that ACN knows who the killers are OR perhaps the do the killing, WHO KILLED FUNSHO WILLIAMS? NA AC IF YOU PUTTAM N NA YOU SABI  !!!!!
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Demdem(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
manny4life:

But the article doesn't say about their conviction, or am I missing something?

U obviously didn't miss the part of the article that says its within the powers of the gov to do what he has just done. Anyway, like I said earlier it will be unwise to conclude definately without hearing from the camp of the gov. Experience has taught me not to trust the words of these chaps. At the same time, not to ignore it too.
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2011
Good decision to release them after 10yrs without conviction
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by HighChief4(m): 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
Rafelo01:

High Chief go and sleep.you !

Why should my name come in here?
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by killbeaf: 10:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
just registered on this forum.as a visitor have being seeing all the nonsense this beaf bastard has been spitting on this forum.with me the idiot is in for shit aready to give him tough time and headache and possibly frustrate him out of this forum as he did earlier.looking forward to bloody encounter with the slowpoke,
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by adino(m): 5:22am On Dec 17, 2011
Rauf Aregbesola, the Goat bearded governor and the MOST USELESS GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA TODAY
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2011
if rauf is the most useless governor wat abt T.A orji NOBODY BEATS HIM TO THAT.PLS DONT TAKE AWAY THE POSITION OS USELESSNESS FROM T.A
Re: PDP Condemns Aregbesola For Releasing Odunayo Olagbaju's Killers by dmainboss: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2011
Demdem:

U obviously didn't miss the part of the article that says its within the powers of the gov to do what he has just done. Anyway, like I said earlier it will be unwise to conclude definately without hearing from the camp of the gov. Experience has taught me not to trust the words of these chaps. At the same time, not to ignore it too.

It is also a crime in government to give favors to those you know. If it was in an advanced country, they will call for your resignation and you will have to resign or be recalled.

Gbawe:

I don't know the circumstances of the case so I won't comment on those released suffice to say you are only shouting aimlessly like a woman scorned in so far as the PDP already confessed that Aregbesola has done nothing wrong. By inference, it is obvious they are only unhappy with his choice of Prisoners to release. This is certainly better than how GEJ intervened to frustrate the course of justice via getting a man acquited of a murder charge simply because he needed delegate votes from the influential Teslim Folarin. When the PDP Govenrment actually announced the punishment of 5 years jail term for terrorists and their sponsors, are these Osun faction of the Party , much like you, not being hypocritical here? How long, since the murder happened in 2001, have these guys spent in jail in comparison to how the PDP will be happy to see terrorist who kill many to go home after 5 years or less?                 

It is quite disturbing to see young Nigerians respond to issues by making comparisons. This thread is about Aregbesola not GEJ. It is very lame to try to switch topic to GEJ just to defend Aregbesola. It only shows you are grossly partisan. Very unimpressive!

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Lagos Flagbearer Jimi Agbaje Picks An Igboman as His Running Mate- Ifeduba / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested In Lagos With Prostitutes In A Hotel Room. / Food Prices: PMB Vs GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.