Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update (42313 Views)

Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Jonathan’s Rally: Soldiers Occupy Rivers Amiesimaka Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by gulfer: 11:57am On Dec 17, 2011
The planned protest is on according to Nigeria info 99.3FM. I work in this area but not at work today. You may be close to the area, so update NLders with current status of the protest.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by karlmax2: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2011
It has turned violet
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Biggoozz: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2011
I just saw a picture of a man via BB being resuscitated after a gun or tear gas shot,
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by karlmax2: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2011
Thatz acn the so called alternative goverment we would resist this toll gate, No matter what
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by otokx(m): 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
What is going on?
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by karlmax2: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2011
Otokx here is what's happening quote from, The One:
Reporting live from the protest. We had a peaceful protest CAN sponsored thugs showed up with matchetes ans sticks and started attacking the protesters. We resisted and that was when the battalions of MOPOL started beating people and firing tear gas at us. We strategically retreated into Lekki phase one and locked the gates and they again charged at us with tear gas. At the same time they provided protection to the CAN thugs at the roundabout displaying banners that read "NURTW supports tolling". One image I will never forget is that of a ten year old looking girl raining curses on Fashola and his goons for the way they came to brutalize us. This is how it started in North Africa, if he thinks he can cow the populace with force then he is mistaken!
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by otokx(m): 12:48pm On Dec 17, 2011
ok, hope you guys have serious back up plans; you guys next time should link up with PDP to provide army cover.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by mukina2: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2011
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Ejine(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2011
Slowly, Lagos ACN is turning out to be one weird quasi-nightmare sad
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by phantom(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2011
Party of rascals
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by jmaine: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
Banner showing NURTW supports tolling . . . Very funny  . . .Whoever was behind the idea of sponsoring such bold declaration is a big dummy . . . If care is not taken the unprovoked use of force by the security outfit on an initial peaceful protest would rather increase the agitation than reduce. Cos political thugs would hijack the show and there would be some blood letting  sad . . .some aggrieved LASU students might also use this as an opportunity to hit the government where it hurt most . . . . .
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by karlmax2: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
Lagos State Government and LCC have used a coalition of thugs and MOPOL to disrupt what was a peaceful protest. People are being tear-gassed attacked by armed hoodlums and bundled into black marias. Women are being attacked and arrested. A lady I shall identify as MTA was arrested and taken to Maroko Divisional Police station, for daring to be attacked by hoodlums!!! There is chaos everywhere. SHAME ON FASHOLA, Nigeria Police AND BOLA AHMED TINUBU! Please rebroadcast to all your friends to expose the tyrants in our midst!!! #
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by mukina2: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by gulfer: 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2011
fashola is in captivity and tinubu is his captor. Very sad this second term oppression. We did not vote for this.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Beaf: 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2011
The revolution has started in Lagos. Burn the anti-people thugs down. cool angry
Tinubu thinks Lagosians are cash cows to be mercilessly milked.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by ayusman16(m): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2011
Why is dis not on d front page? Where are d fools who think Fashola is God sent messiah? If na Shoprite d stupid govt partner is will be on d front page. This govt is a disgrace!
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by otokx(m): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
I pity Lagos after Fashola; they are in so much debt.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by jmaine: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
Where is Akanbiedu who claimed that the Lagos state Government has no capacity to summon/order the police into action in the quest to cub perceived social unrest or combat security issues.

He even suggested that the unopposed OPC weapon showing display last week had the backing of the FG since no one was arrested.

Guess with the brutal showings of the police on tax payers . The FG sent message from above to protect the ACN led government in Lagos from a peaceful protest

Talk of hypocrisy.

Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2011
Some cars where vandalized in the process. I had to take to my heels. ACN supporters are rascals indeed. angry
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by phantom(m): 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
The scales are falling out, when we said this man was all noise, people thought we were being cynical.in a country as poor as this where the citizens have been cheated for long, you blackmail them with this nonsense,
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
If continjed this way. Naija go burn oooo
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by twinskenny(m): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2011
@tundefashola is not accessible again! apparently it has been deleted smh
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by otokx(m): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2011
All them politicians are one and the same.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Ejine(m): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2011
Hi Mukina.
Tell me, though, who do I have to sleep with before you can tag this to the frontpage?
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Rad1cal: 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2011
jmaine:

Where is Akanbiedu who claimed that the Lagos state Government has no capacity to summon/order the police into action in the quest to cub perceived social unrest or combat security issues.

what do expect from a goon who said the security situation in Lagos is at an all time high since 1999 , that asking around would confirm it, Cooger who i feel resides somewhere very far from home also corroborated the lie. but we all know better  cool
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Ignatio(m): 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2011
Nigerians don dey get liver sha. This is time to experiment what the North Africans did.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by maclatunji: 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
twinskenny:

@tundefashola is not accessible again! apparently it has been deleted smh
grin grin grin

I don't know what Fashola thinks he is doing on this issue and that of LASU fees increment.

@Beaf, be careful what you ask for because if Lagos burns, the whole of Nigeria is likely to go with it #Fact.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2011
Na d fuel subsisdy removal protest me dey wait for
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by phantom(m): 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2011
For gods sake why is this not on the front page?
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by VoodooDoll(m): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2011
^^^^^^^

- It is on the front page.

Fashola and ACN, this is not good.  People have the right to peaceful protest.
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by Rad1cal: 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2011
phantom:

For gods sake why is this not on the front page?

Ejiné:

Hi Mukina.
Tell me, though, who do I have to sleep with before you can tag this to the frontpage?

Is my front page different from yours  undecided,  cos it has being on the front page since .
Re: Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update by doctokwus: 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2011
Some of us may not be there physically,but we are there wt u in spirit.More of this pics shd b taken& posted on d internet;we will spread it via facebook,twitter& other social networks.We nigerians must show people in govt they are accountable to us,not to a gangster(s),cabal or grp of ill- bred thugs.No surface pampering shd cover d eyes of people to d real govt Fashola is running,plenty of noise,image laundering stunts while his numerous shortcomings& failings as a gov are glossed over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Wike Gives Rivers Magistrates Cars - Photos / Samuel Ortom Visits Atiku Abubakar In Dubai (Photo) / COVID-19: Osanebi Donates N10M, Truck Of Rice, 600 Cartons Of Noodles, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.