Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba (21594 Views)

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. / Akon Officially Signs Wizkid To Konvict Music / Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by cameronese(m): 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2011
LOL NA EXAMPLE I DEY GIVE OO- NO BE BAD BELLE I CANNOT SEE AKON MANAGING THESE GUYS- NIGERIANS BLOOD DEY HOT- IT WILL BE EXCITING FOR THEM AT FIRST TO CALL AKON THEIR OGA BUT AFTER SOMETIME THEM GO SEE SAY AKON NA JUST MUSICIAN LIKE THEM.

PSQUARE AND 2FACE GO DEY CLUB DEY DRINK, AKON WILL COME AND CALL THEM SAY "BOYS ITS TIME TO PRACTICE LETS HIT THE STUDIO" THEY WILL TELL HIM TO GO THEY ARE COMING.

NA THERE FIGHT GO BEGIN. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Signing a Star to a Record Label is not the same as employing a house boy. A Star could be Bigger than Record Label he signed with.

Eg: Michael Jackson and Sony Record. TuFace and Kennis Music and so on.

Convict Record signing Tuface and P-square doesn't translate to them being servants to Akon where Akon will be waking them up in the morning to go reharsal.

These guys are already super stars, there nothing like local champion. P-square videos are having over 2million plays on youtube which is comparable to Westlife's
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by mekaboy(m): 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2011
THEN I THINK PSQUARE - 2FACE AND WIZKID SHOULD SIGN AKON grin grin SINCE THE MUSICIAN CAN BE BIGGER THAN THE RECORD LABEL grin grin grin
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by ideylaff: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2011
LOL NA EXAMPLE I DEY GIVE OO- NO BE BAD BELLE I CANNOT SEE AKON MANAGING THESE GUYS- NIGERIANS BLOOD DEY HOT- IT WILL BE EXCITING FOR THEM AT FIRST TO CALL AKON THEIR OGA BUT AFTER SOMETIME THEM GO SEE SAY AKON NA JUST MUSICIAN LIKE THEM.

PSQUARE AND 2FACE GO DEY CLUB DEY DRINK, AKON WILL COME AND CALL THEM SAY "BOYS ITS TIME TO PRACTICE LETS HIT THE STUDIO" THEY WILL TELL HIM TO GO THEY ARE COMING.

NA THERE FIGHT GO BEGIN

LOL @ mekaboy, Thats not how Management in show biz works bro. uve got a different idea of how it works. Akon is not the one to tell them to go to the studio. its the artists duty to want to do well

Akons bank balance speaks well that he must have done something right,  They are not in the same boat at all. They have one or two things to gain 4rm him as long as Akon is not an oppressive and talent killer.

Lets look at it 4rm the bright side. More Promotion, Exposure to another market, more funds and professional concert outlook and management

No coins the boys dey make 4 nija compared to if Akon gets them a massive US tour/concert all sold out

Yankees fit watch 2 dogs dey fight as long as its promoted well. Akon already has a brand name and is also liked by many

think about that,

It's d Kanye /Dbanj/Don Jazzy arrangement I don't seem to understand

see below and u will know if he speaks they will listen and gain a lot 4rm him not talentwise but all round management

The son of percussionist Mor Thiam, Aliaune Thiam, more commonly now known as R&B singer Akon, has an estimated net worth of $80 million dollars. Born in Missouri, but spending the majority of his youth between the West African country of Senegal and America, Akon would settle in Jersey City, New Jersey at the age of fifteen. During his turbulent teen years, Akon would eventually shift his time and interest on crime to developing his music abilities, songwriting and recording demos. After signing with Universal, Akon released his debut album, Trouble, in 2004. Under the parent company of Universal, Akon co-founded the record label Konvict Muzik on which he released his second and third albums, Konvicted and Freedom, respectively. He has collaborated with other successful artists such as Lady GaGa, Whitney Houston, and Gwen Stefani, among many others, bringing his contributing efforts as a guest artist to a staggering total of over 300 appearances. Akon has expanded his creativity in the field of film and television, with both a reality show and a movie in the works. He launched his own urban clothing line, Konvict Clothing, in early 2007. Akon has achieved Artist of the Year for the 2007 Billboard Music Awards and has won an American Music Award. Akon has obtained both the number one and two spots on the Billboard Hot 100 twice, and along with collaborative efforts, has had forty songs hit the Hot 100.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by cynthiafred67(f): 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
Wow if this is true then its good news.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by tical(m): 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2011
2face, wizkid & Psquare are all bigger than Akon at the moment. .so the signing has be the other way round. . .

Come to think of it. .If Akon signs wizkid. .then what wil become of BankyW & his EME label? undecided
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by oge4real(f): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2011
Why are we so quick to believe bad news, but always sceptical about the good ones.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by velo10: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
People must be real naive to believe that these Nigeriann artsits singing with Akon is similar to T-Pain's singing with Akon. I see it more like US distributorship/agents for them
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by nastik(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2011
hyperteck records is big eno4, tuface is too big to be signed by akon. this story sounds so unreal.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Ndkings1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2011
I thought una talk say akon is dead - died of HIV/AIDS ?
How come dis?
@topic
but why wizkid na?
Why not m i or banky w ,akon get sens @al?_ he want this stupid ofe mmanu block brain boy to spoil_ his biznes 4 him. BOY THAT CAN'T spik CORET ENGLISH 4 5 MINUTES dats him WiZKId.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2011
Why is it that U only hear of this on Nigerian sites? At least the D'banj's signing with Good records was on wikepedia, unless they 2 have started documenting lies (which is not impossible) but if its true sha big ups 2 them and I hope they make the best of the opportunity.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by ideylaff: 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2011
2face, wizkid & Psquare are all bigger than Akon at the moment. .so the signing has be the other way round. . .

Come to think of it. .If Akon signs wizkid. .then what wil become of BankyW & his EME label

Please wake up from your dream bro when All of them put together sell the number of Records Akon has sold then they can talk

I dont feel any Nigerian less to admit Akon is massive in terms of achievements, management and worth as well

I love 2 face die 4 life , the best in Nigeria right now in my opinion in relation to lyrics and what not , 2 face is a huge talent no doubt and i respect him as a cool headed guy. u think they put pen to paper with a mindset like your thinking they are bigger than Akon

As per wiz kid, the boy is still crawling, don't be fooled by all the RangeRovers and what not u See all over,

Anyone who wants to catch a monkey must be prepared to hold or eat the banana as d monkey eats it

how much have u contributed to 2faces pocket with all the pirated copied of his songs all over

Their bread and butter is the MTN and what not concerts they do,

Akon will surely give them sound footing and better exposure to work with

Lets shine our eyes well well and stop belittling Akon, The guy is big admit it
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by MrGlobe(m): 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2011
They on come again. why do Nigerians believe every and anything? The same way dbanj 'signed' to Good Music and has no relationship with kanye and all good music artists. The same way akon signed faze even when we saw a video. smh
The topic should rather be akon signs all nigerian musicians. dummmies.
Anybody that believed this is tripping and Nigerian musicians cannot break into american market with their no talent.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by lifestyle1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2011
Na lie jor, Banky wont let wizkid go, i remember he once said wizkid na him future investment, grin
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by kizito96(m): 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
Does it mean these guys are not doing well that they run to foreign managers?
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by abbey621(m): 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2011
Only ignorant folks will believe such rumors, what benefit are these artiste to AKON's music label, Americans can't understand what they are saying and certainly won't sell among the more gangsta population of black America not to talk of white upper and middle class. I don't know about the other two artiste but P-Square will never leave their own record label, it's way too big right now and selling massive records.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by mealone22: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2011
what i read is that akon have sign obesere,salawa abeni and danmalaya jos.source, cnn world news,check it out.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by eghost247(m): 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
nice one
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Akiika: 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2011
Seriously guys, will you rate Akon higher than Tuface as an artiste? FYI Akon is a C-lister artiste in the US. The MoHit/Kanye is also a BS!
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by humblebee: 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2011
life_style:

Na lie jor, Banky wont let wizkid go, i remember he once said wizkid na him future investment, grin

terms and conditions apply., did you read their contract agreement doc?
if na u nko?
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2011
If u can feed yourself, then stay unemployed.

These guys dont need any signing ie. Tuface and P square. All dem need is their products selling in the US market.

I love 2faced and P-squared.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2011
Most Nigerians are so good in under-rating wateva comes from Nigeria.

Does Akon sing better than 2face? NO!!! It is true that the U.S. Market (where Akon resides) is bigger than the African market (where 2face plies his trade) and by so doing, Akon is richer.

Akon's attraction to Wizkid is because Wizkid is Akon's sing-alike. They do exactly thesame type of music.

Sorry, I might be talking to some choir drop-outs.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by tlops(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
Akiika:

Seriously guys, will you rate Akon higher than Tuface as an artiste? FYI Akon is a C-lister artiste in the US. The MoHit/Kanye is also a BS!

In what ways are tuface and psquare bigger than Akon? Maybe in the Nigerian/ w.African market. that is full of Pirates; the real sales of music comes from the western world. Some people no dey see pass naija.

This will most definitely launch them to the global arena compare to the regional champions that they are now. Now they have  better chances to win Grammy.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Revolva(m): 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2011
well i must say its true, i pray for this , way long, lets see how our African brother can help us, Ok, dont underestimate Akon, that Nigga is made, men,
but i must say Yankee people wont give a damm bout our song, tell them what they aint seen or heard, when you wanna win the heart of americans , use Afrobeat, or African original songs, they gonna like you better, Tuface is gonna make it, Psquare also but wiz, umm, too foreign

http://powerednews..com/2011/12/akon-signs-wizkidtuface-and-p-square-to.html
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
I Checked Konvict music page on Wikipedia this morning and 2face, wizkid and Psquare's names were there but to my surprise now when I checked so I can post the link, it's not there anymore so I can't say if it's true or not anymore
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Sprumbaba: 12:15am On Dec 20, 2011
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by DamiKhojie(m): 12:20am On Dec 20, 2011
What ever happened to Faze that happened 3-4 years ago haven't heard anything.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by chiefmega: 1:05am On Dec 20, 2011
i think tuface and psqaure can do better on thier own labels, i dont see why sign with knovict. Also speaking how can konvict market/promote this artiste in africa where they are not based here?? they should have done a partnership. this is not really a Big move to me.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by MeGaStReEt: 2:44am On Dec 20, 2011
Michael Jackson signs Fernando Torres, Chris Samba and Bash Ali
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by soloqy: 3:14am On Dec 20, 2011
Akon is always running up and down, these stars are already huge, na so e talk say hin don sign face, until the guy career run down,

Tuface should also stay one place too. I thought he signed somewhere else after Kennis and his own Label?

I think he should look before he signs anything these days. He is a class act.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Abagworo(m): 3:38am On Dec 20, 2011

Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by kobikwelu(m): 5:02am On Dec 20, 2011
nigerians as usual displaying their unique naievity , always concerned abt the glitters and hype but overlooking the nitty gritty,

when you are signed to a record label, it basically means having a platform, for the most important thing in music, DISTRIBUTION!!!! DISTRIBUTION!!!

no matter how popular tuface, psquare and the likes, most of their income comes from sponsorship, shows and adverts,
they make jack from record sales (piracy)

for example lil wayne(as huge as u guys think he is, is linked with baby, ) cash money was the label that inked a 30 million distribution deal with universal, he is the guy instrumental for more copies of lil wayne to be pushed out there to the stands for sale,
if you have a good record label, your career would excel, (ask rihana and how jay-z helped her get her feet)

akon probably has some distribution deal somewhere in the states, also has the experience with the US market and probabbly europe, AND IF TRUE , IT IS A GOOD DEAL FOR SOMEONE LIKE TUFACE, WHO I FEEL NEEDS EXPOSURE TO THE US MARKET FOR ACTUAL ALBUM SALES AND HE COULD MAKE IT IN THE US, (i dont know abt psquare and their LMFAO routine and how it might sit with the american audience)

instead, we are here talking about big boy and who is oga(typical shortsighted mentality)

also, the dbanj deal wit GOOD music was legit, they actually signed a contract, (but no 1 knows what exactly were the terms)

another example, bow wow signed with lil waynes young money, (bow wow has been in the game longer than lilwayne, and has sold more records overall) purely for a business end , not ego,

finally, talking about wiz-kid, i asked the same question somebody raised on this forum, what would happen with his contract with EME records, was banky (AKA juggernaut head) W  bought out,
this just dont seem right
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Ivynwa(f): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2011
W-o-o-y-i-i-i
I'm ecstatic for my babies Psquare. Happy for them!
Hey! I need some signing on too. Where are all the Jay-zs and Kanyes and Akons?
I am a good songwriter and an aspiring Music producer. Wanna make me great riddims. grin wink wink
Any music producer in the house? I truly want to make music producer friends and share ideas.

NA THERE FIGHT GO BEGIN. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Who is this funny fella? grin grin grin
You gave me a good dose of laughter there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Your Best Local And International Artistes/Songs? / Stephanie Otobo Kimora: 'I Depend On You' (Video) / Top 10 Nigerian Dance Styles Of All Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.