Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba (21593 Views)

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. / Akon Officially Signs Wizkid To Konvict Music / Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Ranoscky(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Michael Jackson signs Fernando Torres, Chris Samba and Bash Ali
I dey tel u! grin. . . I don taya for d noise wey al dis pipu dey make hier.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by UyiIredia(m): 10:51am On Dec 20, 2011
This confirms that Nigerian musicians are 'small boys' compared to their American counterparts.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by ideylaff: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2011
nigerians as usual displaying their unique naievity , always concerned abt the glitters and hype but overlooking the nitty gritty,

when you are signed to a record label, it basically means having a platform, for the most important thing in music, DISTRIBUTION!!!! DISTRIBUTION!!!

no matter how popular tuface, psquare and the likes, most of their income comes from sponsorship, shows and adverts,
they make jack from record sales (piracy)

for example lil wayne(as huge as u guys think he is, is linked with baby, ) cash money was the label that inked a 30 million distribution deal with universal, he is the guy instrumental for more copies of lil wayne to be pushed out there to the stands for sale,
if you have a good record label, your career would excel, (ask rihana and how jay-z helped her get her feet)

akon probably has some distribution deal somewhere in the states, also has the experience with the US market and probabbly europe, AND IF TRUE , IT IS A GOOD DEAL FOR SOMEONE LIKE TUFACE, WHO I FEEL NEEDS EXPOSURE TO THE US MARKET FOR ACTUAL ALBUM SALES AND HE COULD MAKE IT IN THE US, (i dont know abt psquare and their LMFAO routine and how it might sit with the american audience)

instead, we are here talking about big boy and who is oga(typical shortsighted mentality)

also, the dbanj deal wit GOOD music was legit, they actually signed a contract, (but no 1 knows what exactly were the terms)

another example, bow wow signed with lil waynes young money, (bow wow has been in the game longer than lilwayne, and has sold more records overall) purely for a business end , not ego,

finally, talking about wiz-kid, i asked the same question somebody raised on this forum, what would happen with his contract with EME records, was banky (AKA juggernaut head) W bought out,
this just dont seem right

@ kobikwelu

Thank you jareh, bro. thanx mehn, finally some1 understands and passes the message across without jumping on the table and wearing a nigerian hat, spitting bla bla bla >>>>> "we are bigger, we are better, he no be Akon house boy" bla bla bla

Label is more Distribution and promotion, exposure more like it
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

This confirms that Nigerian musicians are 'small boys' compared to their American counterparts.
Does that need confirmation? It's just like comparing a 'home based' Naija footballer with a premiership star in England. Them no be mate for fame, fortune, and exposure.

Akon is even too big; we talking about someone that discovered the extraordinary MEGA-STAR called Lady Gaga as well as peeps like T-Pain for God's sake. Even if he stops singing, he's made for life off the profits he's making from Lady Gaga. Even 'smallie' US artists like Chris Brown, Trey Songz , and Bobby Valentino floor Tuface in global fame and fortune, not to talk of Baba like Akon. Let's not try to delude ourselves; Tuface is our best, but we must call a spade a spade.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Bigmanj(m): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] Rumor!!! dis people no get work undecidedALMIGHTY 2baba wan go dey under akon, for wetin na. na because of say e follow am snap pix dey come turn to signin OLODO grin inshot mak i talk true na 2baba wan sign akon. Abi una no knw say akon na junior boi for where terry g dey? akon ur weight no reach jor Lol hahahahaha tongue grin
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by walata44(m): 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2011
Anybody wey snap picture with foreign artiste, dem go say dey don sign am. Faze snap with Akon, dem say Akon don sign am. Don jazzy and D'banj snap picture with kanye west & jay z, people say dey don sign am. Now Akon don snap with Tuface & wizkid, the same people don start to dey wind the mouth again.

Are you on twitter? check out from the horses mouth, I mean Akon.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by DonPhodio: 5:39am On Dec 21, 2011
if this is true, that means wizkid is the luckiest guy in Nigeria
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by vezycash(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2011
[size=17pt]Akon should put his sister, mother, girlfriend and any valuable girl under protective servic[/size] grin
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by soloqy: 3:41am On Dec 24, 2011
Tuface denies signing any contract with Akon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/tuface-denies-akon/
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by vezycash(m): 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2011
Tubaba no lele
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by cichella(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
N
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Idowuogbo(f): 7:36pm On Dec 25, 2011
If 2face accepts dis deal na GOAT !!!!!, come d guy is internationally famous already so pls akon can go and sign hin Senegalese folks mehnn.Kai he like money o he jus wan use bois make money for Africa an entrepreneur indeed.
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by rango2011(m): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2011
But I recently heard that 2face's people came out to publicly say, that there was no contract or agreement between both parties,it was original gra gra. Sell your music online via sms billing : www.muyora.com/music/blog/
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by cichella(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2011
B
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by amcng: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
kobikwelu:

nigerians as usual displaying their unique naievity , always concerned abt the glitters and hype but overlooking the nitty gritty,

when you are signed to a record label, it basically means having a platform, for the most important thing in music, DISTRIBUTION!!!! DISTRIBUTION!!!

no matter how popular tuface, psquare and the likes, most of their income comes from sponsorship, shows and adverts,
they make jack from record sales (piracy)

for example lil wayne(as huge as u guys think he is, is linked with baby, ) cash money was the label that inked a 30 million distribution deal with universal, he is the guy instrumental for more copies of lil wayne to be pushed out there to the stands for sale,
if you have a good record label, your career would excel, (ask rihana and how jay-z helped her get her feet)

akon probably has some distribution deal somewhere in the states, also has the experience with the US market and probabbly europe, AND IF TRUE , IT IS A GOOD DEAL FOR SOMEONE LIKE TUFACE, WHO I FEEL NEEDS EXPOSURE TO THE US MARKET FOR ACTUAL ALBUM SALES AND HE COULD MAKE IT IN THE US, (i dont know abt psquare and their LMFAO routine and how it might sit with the american audience)

instead, we are here talking about big boy and who is oga(typical shortsighted mentality)

also, the dbanj deal wit GOOD music was legit, they actually signed a contract, (but no 1 knows what exactly were the terms)

another example, bow wow signed with lil waynes young money, (bow wow has been in the game longer than lilwayne, and has sold more records overall) purely for a business end , not ego,

finally, talking about wiz-kid, i asked the same question somebody raised on this forum, what would happen with his contract with EME records, was banky (AKA juggernaut head) W  bought out,
this just dont seem right

#nuffsaid, I'm always excited whenever a Nigerian gives a thorough evaluation of an issue. FYI, the Beatles didn't make it internationally until they came to the US. Meanwhile, see the behind the scenes clip of the video shoot here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucKs8YrL4ss&list=UUi9tlWR8yfNzTebZsQm7BZw&feature=plcp
Re: Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba by Emmy0203: 11:06am On Jun 02, 2012
I suppose ds is tru coz ΨђåƮ I understd al b4 now is dat akon'll b featurin d3 9ja STAR

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Your Best Local And International Artistes/Songs? / Stephanie Otobo Kimora: 'I Depend On You' (Video) / Top 10 Nigerian Dance Styles Of All Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.