Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,597 members, 7,861,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:05 PM

Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane (818 Views)

Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh / Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by surugede(m): 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2007
Ette said she is nt resinging and the gov'nors of the south-west are siding her saying that they will not allow any body else to replace her.

let us then take back Ette and her suppoters down memory lane

firstly: They should remember that during the administration of  Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (from south west), the legendary and erudite Senator (Chuba) Okadigbo was removed as Senate President for a mere allegation of anticipatory award of contracts for street lights within the vicinity of the National Assembly complex.

2ndly: Senator Wabara, alongside five other people, was accused of N55million bribe. He was humiliated out of office.
“The then Mr. President (Obasanjo) addressed the nation through the national television, which was tagged breaking news, that Wabara had corruptedly abused his office. Wabara was removed and he is still being persecuted till date. More importantly, the facts have not been established against Wabara

can some 1 then tell me what Ette is still doing there, if Okadigbo was removed bc of common street light contract, and wabara (together with other 5 guys) for 55million bribe ie 11million for each, yet Ette took 628million all by her self CHIST ! what is she still doing there. CAN SUM 1 PLS TELL ME what she is still doing there?
Re: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by almondjoy(f): 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2007
@Topic

Are you not tired of this Madam Etteh's matter? undecided

To answer your questions--It shows for one that you cannot underestimate the power of "bottom" ingridient politics.  Also, you do not need to emphasize that some tribes are more "dominant" than others.  Read between the lines.  Like everything in Nigeria, things will work out themselves in good or bad time. sad
Re: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by surugede(m): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2007
well the reason y i emphazied a particular tribe is that it was reportrd in the Sun of Today (monday) that the south-west gov'nor swore to fight with dia blood just to keep the woman

ut as u say what a woman can do, in some cases man fit no fit to do am, bottom power na wa
Re: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by almondjoy(f): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2007
Abi oooooooooooooooooooooo.  Now at least the tribe is sticking together.  How do you expect the governor of this state to remove his own sister.  Or did you hear that "Patty" is a calabar woman? cheesy Don't let the "Etteh" matter deceive you.
Re: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by chidichris(m): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2007
to me it is not a tribal issue, it is obj versus nigeria.
it is obvious that if you are loyal to obj, you can do anything and get away with it.
it is not tribal because, andy is still a legend and chris uba is still a hero so why won't etteh be strong.
Re: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2007
Yar'Adua is a very weak man and he's allowing Obasanjo to control him. Why is he allowing this? because of the shoddy April polls which he obviously did not win. OBJ brought him in through the back door, and Yar'Adua knows that if he cut loose from OBJ today, he will lose those cases pending against him and he will be thrown out of office.

Obasanjo was the main problem with Nigeria for eight years, and he's still the problem today. Let anybody challenge me on this statement, in fact I intend to start a thread on this.

Now if only selfish people like Muhammadu Buhari, Ojukwu, etc would withdraw their cases from the election tribunal maybe that would give Yar'Adua the infusion of courage he needs to sack Obasanjo completely.

But again, maybe Umaru Yar'Adua would simply substitute the Northern Mafia for OBJ. And the Northern oligarchy we all know have never had Nigeria's best interests at heart. Yar'Adua is not a good politician. He should have started building his own political base by now by putting his own people into strategic positions. Most his key men today were foisted on him by OBJ.

I think Nigerians deserves a better deal than this cowardly man is giving us.
Re: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by surugede(m): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2007
hmmmmm
Re: Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane by iykrion(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2007
Most politicians have no shame sad

(1) (Reply)

What Was John Edwards Really Saying About Black Men? / World Poverty Day / The President's Position On Alternative Energy - Not In Our Own Best Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.