Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

The Beauty Of Mathematics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Beauty Of Mathematics (10639 Views)

Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer In Unilorin (pics) / Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 / The Beauty Of Mathematics, And Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2008
bindex:

I will rather say two fanatics and zealots.

I must admit that I am a fan[/b]atic of my Lord Jesus Christ.  You will have to be a [b]fan[/b]atic of something or someone.  Some are [b]fan[/b]atics of their respective football or sports clubs, others are [b]fan[/b]atics of the racist Darwin, or of Mohammed or the pope or even satan (as their dios).  Have you heard of the saying that the zeal of thy house has eaten me up?. wink

[list]
[li][b]"For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me." 
Psalm.69:9 [/li]
[/list]
It might be of interest to you to that this zeal means that all other desires are absorbed by the one desire to promote God's glory and the glory of His temple just as our Lord Jesus Christ did in John.2:13-17.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

I must admit that I am a fan[/b]atic of my Lord Jesus Christ.  You will have to be a [b]fan[/b]atic of something or someone. Some are [b]fan[/b]atics of their respective football or sports clubs, others are [b]fan[/b]atics of the racist Darwin, or of Mohammed or the pope or even satan (as their dios).  Have you heard of the saying that the zeal of thy house has eaten me up?. wink

[list]
[li][b]"For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me." 
[/list]
It might be of interest for you to know that this zeal means that all other desires are absorbed by the one desire to promote God's glory and the glory of His temple just as our Lord Jesus Christ in John.2:13-17.

Will ye please explaineth what thou hath written? Please put it in plain english.   grin So the son of man will understand what thou hath yap about.
I thank thee.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

I must admit that I am a fan[/b]atic of my Lord Jesus Christ. You will have to be a [b]fan[/b]atic of something or someone. Some are [b]fan[/b]atics of their respective football or sports clubs, others are [b]fan[/b]atics of the racist Darwin, or of Mohammed or the pope or even satan (as their dios). Have you heard of the saying that the zeal of thy house has eaten me up?. wink

[list]
[/list]
It might be of interest for you to know that this zeal means that all other desires are absorbed by the one desire to promote God's glory and the glory of His temple just as our Lord Jesus Christ in John.2:13-17.

grin grin grin grin OLAADEGBU. You need to give your life to Allah.

Martian:

Will ye please explaineth what thou hath written? Please put it in plain english. grin So the son of man will understand what thou hath yap about.
I thank thee.

Go study ancient english, ohh sorry you need to be baptized by the holy ghost before you can discern what he is saying.(Holy and ghost. Is'nt that eerie)
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2008
Martian:

Will ye please explaineth what thou hath written? Please put it in plain english.   grin So the son of man will understand what thou hath yap about.
I thank thee.

Permit me to explain to you the simple reason why you may not understand my Engrish even though I took the time to explain it beneath the verse I quoted.

[list]
[li]"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." [/li]
[/list]
Now let me interprete the verse above into plain engrish.  That the gospel is hidden or covered from some men because they have willfully closed their eyes to it.  So, if the heart of anyone who hears the gospel is veiled or covered, it is definite that he is lost and fully under the power of sin and Satan.  Those who refuse to hear the gospel are proper subjects for Satan's work to increase the darkness and hardeness of their hearts.  Is my geesi clear enough?
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2008
bindex:

grin grin grin grin OLAADEGBU. You need to give your life to Allah.

Have you forgotten that there is still a Fatwa hanging on your head for being an apostate?  Don't think you are save where you are, you better run into the name of the Lord who is a strong tower and be saved and secured.  The hangman is still frantically searching for you for forsaking Allah and his prophet.  It is only those who are in Christ that are really secure and saved from the avenger of death out there.  Come under the protection of the blood of Jesus and be saved. wink
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Permit me to explain to you the simple reason why you may not understand my Engrish even though I took the time to explain it beneath the verse I quoted.

[list]
[li]"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." [/li]
[/list]
Now let me interprete the verse above into plain engrish. That the gospel is hidden or covered from some men because they have willfully closed their eyes to it. So, if the heart of anyone who hears the gospel is veiled or covered, it is definite that he is lost and fully under the power of sin and Satan. Those who refuse to hear the gospel are proper subjects for Satan's work to increase the darkness and hardeness of their hearts. Is my geesi clear enough?

I thank thee for explaining your mumbo jumbo to me. it seems the son man art closeth his eyes to the gospel of thy god. Since thou can't make me see the light, i hereby turn by back unto thee.
But I still proclaim ye to be A VILLAGE IDIOT.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Now let me interprete the verse above into plain engrish.  That the gospel is hidden or covered from some men because they have willfully closed their eyes to it.  So, if the heart of anyone who hears the gospel is veiled or covered, it is definite that he is lost and fully under the power of sin and Satan.  Those who refuse to hear the gospel are proper subjects for Satan's work to increase the darkness and hardeness of their hearts.  Is my geesi clear enough?

What about the Christains living in Nigeria are they under the power of "sin and Satan"? I used to live in an atheist country but the people are far better than Nigerians, I don't believe in sin the way you do and I also don't believe in Satan, Sin to me means something immoral or unethical, while sin to you means living under the power of Satan which will eventually lead a person to hell. If we are to go by your own defination of sin then Nigerian Christains are the worst sinners I know because they Sin needlssly. Lawlessness and Immorality is what thrives here and most of the people here who engage in this "sins" are either Christains or Moslems. So what now happens to your "fully lost and under the power of sin and Satan"? You have perfectly described majority of Nigerian Christains.

OLAADEGBU:

Have you forgotten that there is still a Fatwa hanging on your head for being an apostate?  Don't think you are save where you are, you better run into the name of the Lord who is a strong tower and be saved and secured.  The hangman is still frantically searching for you for forsaking Allah and his prophet.  It is only those who are in Christ that are really secure and saved from the avenger of death out there.  Come under the protection of the blood of Jesus and be saved. wink

Saved from what? Hell?  grin grin grin or Fatwa? There are a LOT of Christains out there praying for their God to save them from all kinds of problems and situations but have recieved no answer from him. I don't want to be saved I just want to be safe. For now I am safe where I am and no slave of Allah can do me any harm.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2008
Martian:

I thank thee for explaining your mumbo jumbo to me. it seems the son man art closeth his eyes to the gospel of thy god. Since thou can't make me see the light, i hereby turn by back unto thee.
But I still proclaim ye to be A VILLAGE IDIOT.

It does not surprise me that you insist to call me names, those words are still mild when you compare them to what they called and did to my Lord and Saviour so that I can have eternal life.  As for the village part, I can sense a bit of tribalistic slant there because you think because olabowale and myself are from the same tribe that you detest, you can now find it convenient to call us names.  However, I am not ashamed of my tribe, I am proud of it are you proud of yours?  Again as I said before since you don't have the fear of God, neither do you respect nor honour your parents, elders or dignities in authorities I should not expect you to respect me as you do not even know me.

Apart from my village, I know where I come from and I know the purpose of my existence here on earth, I also know where I am going after death, do you know about yours?  I know that God has made me for His own glory and pleasure and that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, do you know where you come from and for what purpose?  I am crucified with Christ it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.  I was dead in Christ, buried in Christ, raised in Christ, ascending with Christ and sitted with Christ far above principalities and powers and the spiritual wickedness of this world.  I am a partaker of God's divine nature and inheritance and spiritual blessings in heavenly places, what about you?  I know where I will be going when my spirit separates from this mortal body, I have an idea of what and where I will be going and what I will look like and what I will be doing for eternity, can you say the same?

I have said all this to tell you that until you can answer any or all of these questions about yourself, that is, where you came from, your purpose here on earth and your destination in eternity you cannot say that you are living a purposeful life.

Get to know yourself by clicking on the link below it might just be needed

http://www.mtainfo.com/
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2008
@OLAADEGBU
Don't worry you will die and go to heaven next week.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2008
"I shall not die but live and declare the glory of the Lord" That is what the Lord has said concerning me, and since He said it, and I claimed it, that settles it. QED
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2008
bindex:

What about the Christains living in Nigeria are they under the power of "sin and Satan"? I used to live in an atheist country but the people are far better than Nigerians, I don't believe in sin the way you do and I also don't believe in Satan, Sin to me means something immoral or unethical, while sin to you means living under the power of Satan which will eventually lead a person to hell. If we are to go by your own defination of sin then Nigerian Christains are the worst sinners I know because they Sin needlssly. Lawlessness and Immorality is what thrives here and most of the people here who engage in this "sins" are either Christains or Moslems. So what now happens to your "fully lost and under the power of sin and Satan"? You have perfectly described majority of Nigerian Christains.

The atheists who don't believe in the existence of God and the so called "Nigerian Christians" who live as if God does not exist are both under the power of sin and Satan.  But if not for the genuine Christians in Nigeria that has been upholding that country in prayers Nigeria would have been worse than Bosnia by now, and if other atheistic nations were to go through the financial quagmire that Nigeria has and currently going through their suicide rate would be at an astronomical height.  Again, it is only those that are in Christ that are really secure and safe.

bindex:

Saved from what? Hell?  grin grin grin or Fatwa? There are a LOT of Christains out there praying for their God to save them from all kinds of problems and situations but have recieved no answer from him. I don't want to be saved I just want to be safe. For now I am safe where I am and no slave of Allah can do me any harm.

All of the above.  I can assure you that a lot of Christians can testify to how God is healing them of many incurable diseases, keeping them in good health, delivering them from fatal accidents, divine protection and provision and above all the assurance of eternal life.  If you are truly living in Abuja, then I cannot guarantee your safety especially if you disclose your identity and status.  If I were to be you I will run into the city of refuge, which is the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, He is a strong Tower that will deliver you not only for now but in eternity to come.

Check it out here: http://www.mtainfo.com/
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by mazaje(m): 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

"I shall not die but live and declare the glory of the Lord" That is what the Lord has said concerning me, and since He said it, and I claimed it, that settles it. QED

grin grin grin grin After haranguing and lecturing people about how they need to accept jesus and be saved in heaven when they die, you are quickly screaming that you shall not die in bold when told that you will die and go to heaven next week grin grin grin . he did not say that you will die and go to hell, he said heaven but you still shouted rejected, and said no to death. you guys all want to go to heaven but non of you wants to die, what an irony. me thinks you guys do not really believe in what you are espousing.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2008
mazaje:

grin grin grin grin After haranguing and lecturing people about how they need to accept jesus and be saved in heaven when they die, you are quickly scream that you shall not die in bold when told that you will die and go to heaven next week grin grin grin . he did not say that you will die and go to hell, he said heaven but you still shouted rejected, and said no to death. you guys all want to go to heaven but non of you wants to die, what an irony. me thinks you guys do not really believe in what you are espousing.

I am what God says I am and if God says it that settles it and I claim it. God still has a purpose for me here on earth which is not yet completed and when my time is up it is up to Him to decide when I go home. And for your information we shall not all (sleep as in death) but some of us will go to heaven without dying. So to go to heaven you don't necessary have to die, examples of those who took that route are people like Enoch, Elijah and eventually the Church of Jesus Christ. So don't get left behind repent now before it is too late. Save yourself some pain by checking the link below so that you can have rest for your soul.

Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by mazaje(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

I am what God says I am and if God says it that settles it and I claim it. God still has a purpose for me here on earth which is not yet completed and when my time is up it is up to Him to decide when I go home. And for your information we shall not all (sleep as in death) but some of us will go to heaven without dying. So to go to heaven you don't necessary have to die, examples of those who took that route are people like Enoch, Elijah and eventually the Church of Jesus Christ. So don't get left behind repent now before it is too late. Save yourself some pain by checking the link below so that you can have rest for your soul.

OLAADEGBU grin grin grin ok since its obvious that death is what you are scared of. you shall not die but go to heaven just the way elijah did and never to return back to the world next week.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2008
mazaje:

OLAADEGBU grin grin grin ok since its obvious that death is what you are scared of. you shall not die but go to heaven just the way elijah did and never to return back to the world next week.

For your information, Christians don't die but sleep in the Lord. This is the difference with unbelievers who have no hope after death. Believers in Christ who "die" are only absent from the body here on earth and present with the Lord in heaven. But this is not the case with those who are spiritually dead here on earth, when they die they face the second death which is the eternal separation from God in hell then in the Lake of fire.

This is the reason Jesus died for us so that we might have life and to have it more abundantly. He took the sting out of death so that when we "die" we go straight to heaven to be with Him. The unbelievers who are without hope get scared of death because they don't know what will befall them and that they are certain to face an eternity without God. Therefore, God is not asking you to consider it but He is commanding you to repent otherwise you will certainly perish.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2008
bindex:

@OLAADEGBU
Don't worry you will die and go to heaven next week.
ROFLMFAO x2 grin grin grin grin grin that was a  low blow.  grin

OLAADEGBU:

grin grin grin grin Village idiot is not ready for eternal paradise yet?

mazaje:

grin grin grin grin After haranguing and lecturing people about how they need to accept jesus and be saved in heaven when they die, you are quickly scream that you shall not die in bold when told that you will die and go to heaven next week grin grin grin . he did not say that you will die and go to hell, he said heaven but you still shouted rejected, and said no to death. you guys all want to go to heaven but non of you wants to die, what an irony. me thinks you guys do not really believe in what you are espousing.
Of course not, HE HASN'T FINISHED  BEING A CLOWN on earth yet. You know he's going to be the court jester in paradise.

OLAADEGBU:

I am what God says I am and if God says it that settles it and I claim it. God still has a purpose for me here on earth which is not yet completed and when my time is up it is up to Him to decide when I go home. And for your information we shall not all (sleep as in death) [b]but some of us will go to heaven without dyin[/b]g. So to go to heaven you don't necessary have to die, examples of those who took that route are people like Enoch, Elijah and eventually the Church of Jesus Christ. So don't get left behind repent now before it is too late. Save yourself some pain by checking the link below so that you can have rest for your soul.

Verily, verily I say unto thee, you will not die. A chariot of fire pulled by unicorns will come and take thee to your father's house.
And ye shall remaineth the VILLAGE IDIOT.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by mazaje(m): 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

For your information, Christians don't die but sleep in the Lord. This is the difference with unbelievers who have no hope after death. Believers in Christ who "die" are only absent from the body here on earth and present with the Lord in heaven. But this is not the case with those who are spiritually dead here on earth, when they die they face the second death which is the eternal separation from God in hell then in the Lake of fire.

This is the reason Jesus died for us so that we might have life and to have it more abundantly. He took the sting out of death so that when we "die" we go straight to heaven to be with Him. The unbelievers who are without hope get scared of death because they don't know what will befall them and that they are certain to face an eternity without God. Therefore, God is not asking you to consider it but He is commanding you to repent otherwise you will certainly perish.

pls can you reason for yourself and stop spewing scripted dogma that you have been indoctrinated with since child hood? ok you will sleep in the lord next week.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Sleep in the Lord. More like sleep in the dirt.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30am On Dec 31, 2008
I went for the sytematic, expository study of God's Word in fellowship this evening and lo and behold the title of our Bible Study was Weighed And Found Wanting from Daniel 5:27  This was about God's divine observation, evaluation and verdict on Belshazzar who was a king in Babylon.  This was his verdict:
[list]
[li]TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.[/li]
[/list]

The case of this king is similar to our discussion on this thread this evening.  Belshazzar had no thought or consciousness of the existence of the true God.  He sinned freely without thinking of God's law or God's judgment.  Yet that did not hinder God from weighing or evalutating his acts of infidelity, immorality, and profanity.  Those who claim to be atheists, just like our resident atheists and agnostics here on NL, deny the existence of God and live without any thought of divine judgment.  When we are weighed in God's divine balance, they will be found out not only wanting but worthless.  Belshazzar was a sensual man, addicted to fleshly pleasures.  Wine, women and wealth were all he cared for.  While the flesh was nourished and satiated, the soul was famished and defiled.  He was a king but in heaven's evaluation, the influence of his kingdom was worthless.  Graceless, wordly sinners live for the flesh without making any positive impact on the world.  "Let us eat and drink." is their whole purpose of living.  Their lives will soon be weighed in the balance and they will be found not only wanting but worthless.

Like many of our resident Nairaland atheists, Belshazzar was selfish and self-centred.  He was forgetful of God's judgment on proud Nebuchadnezzar.  As he was forgetful of the past, he was negligent of present duties and nonchalant about the future.  His heart was deadened, his mind was darkened, his senses were dulled, his understanding was dimmed and when he was weighed in the balances he was not only found wanting but worthless The dishonest man, the intemperate man, the fraudulent man, the corrupt man, the self-deluded man, the gambler, the swindler, the drunkard and the worldling will soon be weighed in the divine balance of righteousness and truth.  They will all be found, not only wanting but worthless.  The man or woman who only lives as if there was no God in heaven to inspect his or her conduct, as if there was no judgment bar at which we must one day appear, says, "give me riches, honour, pleasure, fashion, health, friends, long-life, that is all I care for". Like Belshazzar each one of such people will soon be weighed in the balances and be found wanting and worthless.  What a day that could be.

What shall be the final verdict on each of us on the final day?  When the secrets of men are brought before God and weighed in His just and righteous balance shall we be found wanting, worthless or worse than worthless?  We can come to Christ today and trust Him to atone for all our moral deficiencies and be clothed in His righteousness, only then shall we be weighed and found weighty and worthy of life eternal in glory with Christ.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29am On Dec 31, 2008
To the sanctified Mathematicians in the house without walls

Who can calculate what the age of Terah was when he gave birth to Abraham?
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 31, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

666yrs old.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by auwal87(m): 9:03am On Dec 31, 2008
@ OLAADEGBU - In response to what you told Olabowale regarding being Slave of God

Are you (or we) children of God?
If yes, then we have the right here on earth to enjoy and talk to our Father directly and be free from any physical harm, even accidents, anything, we have the right over Him to send us food from Paradise or from anywhere he like, in short, He should send us a very very very big Plane to carry us all to Paradise since He is our Father.

If Not, then we are His slaves, we have no any right over anything, He will do what He wishes to us, destroy us if He wishes, and we must do what He told us to do, and we cannot directly talk with Him (one on one). We must ask Him to please give us what we wanted, and we must be very very obedient to him.

GOD Almighty will LOVE his SLAVE much more than his CHILD if that SLAVE loves Him and Obey him more than the child.

The Relation of God and His Slaves is not like between Human Beings and those taken as Slaves.

If GOD created us all and wanted us all to be his Children, He would not have Discriminated between those choosen to be his Children and those that were not choosen.

Consider this;

A computer software is made to follow some rules of the developer, this rules are set, except if the developer wishes to change them or add some things to them, then another developer creates virus that will corrupt that software, will you sit back and say the software will fight back? Of course you must find ways to protect your software by creating security patches.

And then consider this;

A website is made where everyone has the space to post whatever he likes like Nairaland for example, there are some certain rules created by the owner of this website and he changes them as he wishes. One of the rules says if anyone post negative things will be blocked from using Nairaland or the post will be deleted. Then the poster must prevent himself from posting negative things to avoid being blocked or his post being deleted.

So,

In the first example I gave you, consider the Developer being God, while the Software being Human Beings (as his Children), another Developer being Satan. You see that? The Mathematics will teach you that God will Not Let the Devil corrupt even ONE of His Children.

In the second example I gave you, consider the owner of the website being God, while the posters being Human Beings (as his Slaves), we must follow the rules or else?? We know the Rules and the Punishment, because we are slaves.

What I am trying to figure out for you is that We are God's creation, and His Slaves, and He loves all His creations and the righteous slaves, that is why He gave us Free will, to differentiate between the right and the wrong ourselves.

For example, I am a Human Being Now, and I know if I drink Alcohol to a certain degree can cause serious problem to me, and I know by taking little of Alcohol can cause me to take more Alcohol as time goes. So the best thing to do is to prevent it altogether, because drinking it will cause problem to my physical body and corrupt my mind as well. So it is a tool for corrupting mind and weakening the physical body. In God's mercy, I know it is a problem because I have free will to do research, ask suggesstions and advise from those that know better than I do, and I come to the conclusion that preventing it is better.

So many things goes by this rule; 1. You first fall in love with it (you see it and you like it), 2. You think about it (whether to approach it, praise it, or leave it), 3. You act upon it (by approaching it, praising it, or leaving it).

We are all Servants of God.

God is ONE
He has no SON
He has no WIFE
He has no PARENTS
Everything is His OWN
He Controls Everything

Wondering where He came from? That is simply beyond the BRAINS he provided us with. It is like asking your CAT to give you an answer to simple ARITHMETIC calculation. Or like asking your Computer running Windows, Linux, or UNIX to tell you which of your friend hates you or love you.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by mazaje(m): 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2008
auwal87

God is ONE
He has no SON
He has no WIFE
He has no PARENTS
Everything is His OWN
He Controls Everything

grin grin grin grin jehova has a son called jesus.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32am On Jan 13, 2009
auwal87:

@ OLAADEGBU - In response to what you told Olabowale regarding being Slave of God

Are you (or we) children of God?
If yes, then we have the right here on earth to enjoy and talk to our Father directly and be free from any physical harm, even accidents, anything, we have the right over Him to send us food from Paradise or from anywhere he like, in short, He should send us a very very very big Plane to carry us all to Paradise since He is our Father.

If Not, then we are His slaves, we have no any right over anything, He will do what He wishes to us, destroy us if He wishes, and we must do what He told us to do, and we cannot directly talk with Him (one on one). We must ask Him to please give us what we wanted, and we must be very very obedient to him.

The answer to your question depends on who you serve, Yahweh or Allah?  If Yahweh, then you have a God of holiness and justice.  He is also a God of mercy because he waits for the sinners to come home, that is, to repent of the evil they are doing.  But if you are serving Allah, then you have no mercy at all.  Allah has only interpreted mercy to sinners as being weakness.  That is why he punishes those who don't tow the line with Fatwa to the apostates or whoever does not follow the rules he set down, which is why he will rather have you as slaves that has no choice.

auwal87:

GOD Almighty will LOVE his SLAVE much more than his CHILD if that SLAVE loves Him and Obey him more than the child.

The Relation of God and His Slaves is not like between Human Beings and those taken as Slaves.

If GOD created us all and wanted us all to be his Children, He would not have Discriminated between those choosen to be his Children and those that were not choosen.

Like I said before, for you to know that a slave master loves his slave he will adopt him as his child but as long as he remains a slave he has no freedom to choose.  When the queen of England decides to give a servant or slave the privilege of adopting a slave then the slave is entitled to her inheritance as her other children but if he remains as a faithful slave he will not be joint heirs with her son.  God has given us the privilege of becoming His children to be adopted but it is up to you to accept this privilege by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and repenting from your sins.  The choice is yours, to become a child of God or to remain a slave of Allah.

auwal87:

Consider this;

A computer software is made to follow some rules of the developer, this rules are set, except if the developer wishes to change them or add some things to them, then another developer creates virus that will corrupt that software, will you sit back and say the software will fight back? Of course you must find ways to protect your software by creating security patches.

In the first example I gave you, consider the Developer being God, while the Software being Human Beings (as his Children), another Developer being Satan. You see that? The Mathematics will teach you that God will Not Let the Devil corrupt even ONE of His Children.

The first correction is that Satan is not at par with God.  God is much powerful and merciful than Satan.  Satan considers mercy as weakness and as a result of this he does not tolerate any mistake in his kingdom if they disobey his rules.  He is more of a taskmaster.  But God displayed the greatest power He has ever displayed when He allowed His only begotten Son to be tortured and killed on a cross.  His mercy paid the price for our sins.  Therefore, the Son of God became the Son of man so as to make the sons of men become the sons of God.

God has given us the freewill and volition to choose for ourselves, that is what is called freedom.  He could have made us robots but He chose to give us this freedom that comes with responsibilities, to choose whether we want to be a slave or a son.
auwal87:

In the second example I gave you, consider the owner of the website being God, while the posters being Human Beings (as his Slaves), we must follow the rules or else?? We know the Rules and the Punishment, because we are slaves.

What I am trying to figure out for you is that We are God's creation, and His Slaves, and He loves all His creations and the righteous slaves, that is why He gave us Free will, to differentiate between the right and the wrong ourselves.

For example, I am a Human Being Now, and I know if I drink Alcohol to a certain degree can cause serious problem to me, and I know by taking little of Alcohol can cause me to take more Alcohol as time goes. So the best thing to do is to prevent it altogether, because drinking it will cause problem to my physical body and corrupt my mind as well. So it is a tool for corrupting mind and weakening the physical body. In God's mercy, I know it is a problem because I have free will to do research, ask suggesstions and advise from those that know better than I do, and I come to the conclusion that preventing it is better.

So many things goes by this rule; 1. You first fall in love with it (you see it and you like it), 2. You think about it (whether to approach it, praise it, or leave it), 3. You act upon it (by approaching it, praising it, or leaving it).

Your conclusions here are wrong.  The slaves have no right nor do they have any freedom to choose what they want.  For example, you cannot decide to leave Islam on your own will otherwise the other slaves of allah have the responsibility to slay you, which is allah's law for the apostates.  You are not allowed to question whatever allah says in the Qur'an or you will face the terror of your master, and you cannot have any assurance of salvation until judgment day.  On the other hand children of God are entitled to eternal life the moment they accept God's offer of adoption.  They become free from the bondage of fear and sin that they have been subjected to when they were slaves to sin and satan.  They have the liberty to decide what and how they want to love and serve the Lord.  They can now choose not to sin and serve the Lord their God with all of their hearts, minds and strength.

auwal87:

We are all Servants of God.

God is ONE
He has no SON
He has no WIFE
He has no PARENTS
Everything is His OWN
He Controls Everything

Wondering where He came from? That is simply beyond the BRAINS he provided us with. It is like asking your CAT to give you an answer to simple ARITHMETIC calculation. Or like asking your Computer running Windows, Linux, or UNIX to tell you which of your friend hates you or love you.

The above description may fit that of Allah but not of Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  The computer has no mind of its own, it is garbage in garbage out but God Almighty has made us a free moral agent who can make decisions on their own, so the decision you make will determine where you will spent eternity, heaven or hell depends on what software you use to make your own decision, the Bible or the Qur'an.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

To the mathematicians in the church without walls
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2009
The Bible has an automatic security monitor watching over every single letter of its text.  Jesus said "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." The signature of God is all over the bible text we hold in our hands.  The designs that the Holy Spirit has put in the text is virtually impossible to compromise.

The sevens in the Bible occur in over 600 passages.  Some are conspicuous and some are hidden.  The seven-fold structure seems to act as the fingerprints of the Author.

Suppose you are given a project to make up a genealogy or a family tree provided you follow certain mathematical rules:

[list]
[li]The number of words you use must be an exact multiple of seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of letters must also be divisible by seven exactly.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of vowels is to be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of words that begin with a vowel must be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of words that occur more than once must be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of words that occur in more than one form must be divisible by seven[/li]
[/list].
[list]
[li]The number of nouns must be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of names shall be divisible by seven and only seven other kinds of nouns will be permitted.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of male names shall be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of generations shall be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]

Could you compose a candidate draft that would meet all of these rules?  This is the genealogy of Jesus Christ in the opening eleven verses in the Gospel of Matthew, in Greek.  Who said that the Scriptures are not originated outside the dimension of time itself?  Every number, every place, every detail is there by deliberate design.  The Bible's origin is from outside our physical universe, outside the dimension of time and we serve and worship a transcendent Creator, an awesome Designer who not only created us but chose to enter our creation to undo the damage we've done and to redeem it.

The structure above was discovered by Dr. Ivan Panin, born in Russia, December 12, 1855.  He was a graduate from Harvard in 1882 with a Ph.D. in maths and then found Jesus Christ.  He discovered the heptadic structure of Scripture in about 1890 and then committed the next 50 years of his life generating over 43 thousand pages of research.  He went to his Lord on October 30, 1942.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2009
This is how Mathematics has solved one of the big controversies among some Bible scholars.  The last twelve verses of the Gospel of Mark are suspected to be disputed or claimed to be added by some later scribes.  This view comes from an excessive reliance on the Alexandrian manuscripts that were promoted by the agnostic Westcott and Hort which is simply not true.  There are several ways to disprove this claim but I want to use the Mathematical solution inherent in the Scriptures itself, which is the design aspect.

The structure of the passage (vs 9-11) is the first segement which is an appearance to Mary in the Garden and the disciples' unbelief; The next section (vs 11-18) describes appearances by Jesus Christ; The final verses (vs 19-20) are the conclusion.

[list]
[li]In Greek, these last twelve verses contain 175 words that is, (7 x 25).
There are 553 letters = 7 x 79.
The vowels of the letters = 294, The consonants of the letters = 259; each exact multiples of seven.
The vocabulary used consists of 98 different words = 7 x7 x 2.
84 of those vocabulary words are found earlier in Mark = 7 x 12
14 are found only here = 7 x 2.
42 are used in the Lord's address = 7 x 6, 56 are not = 7 x 8.
Each one of these conditions is an exact multiple of seven.[/li]
[/list]

Are these accidental or deliberate?  What are the chances of these being the product of random chance?  The odds that this was a result of random chance is one chance in over 40 million.

Dr. Panin has identified 75 such heptadic constraints!  For even half of those, it would take over 1 million supercomputers over 4 million years to enumerate the alternatives. (734 = 5.4 x 1028 tries:assuming 400 million tries/second results in 4.3 x 1012 computer years)
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

This is how Mathematics have solved one of the big controversies among some Bible scholars. The last twelve verses of the Gospel of Mark are suspected to be disputed or claimed to be added by some later scribes. This view comes from an excessive reliance on the Alexandrian manuscripts that were promoted by the agnostic Westcott and Hort which is simply not true. There are several ways to disprove this claim but I want to use the Mathematical solution inherent in the Scriptures itself, which is the design aspect.

The structure of the passage (vs 9-11) is the first segement which is an appearance to Mary in the Garden and the disciples' unbelief; The next section (vs 11-18) describes appearances by Jesus Christ; The final verses (vs 19-20) are the conclusion.

[list]
[li]In Greek, these last twelve verses contain 175 words that is, (7 x 25).
There are 553 letters = 7 x 79.
The vowels of the letter = 294, The consonants of the letter = 259; each exact multiples of seven.
The vocabulary used consists of 98 different words = 7 x7 x 2.
84 of those vocabulary words are found earlier in Mark = 7 x 12
14 are found only here = 7 x 2.
42 are used in the Lord's address = 7 x 6, 56 are not = 7 x 8.
Each one of these conditions is an exact multiple of seven.[/li]
[/list]

Are these accidental or deliberate? What are the chances of these being the product of random chance? The odds that this was a result of random chance is one chance in over 40 million. The number "7" is the number of perfection.

Dr. Panin has identified 75 such heptadic constrainsts! For even half of those, it would take over 1 million supercomputers over 4 million years to enumerate the alternatives. (734 = 5.4 x 1028 tries:assuming 400 million tries/second results in 4.3 x 1012 computer years)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2009
Here is another example that is mind boggling. Matthew uses 42 words that are not used anywhere else in the New Testament. Those 42 words = (7 x 6) have 126 letters, which is also an exact multiple of seven. The Gospel of Mark, Luke, John, the epistles of James, Peter, Jude and Paul all have a unique vocabulary that is an exact multiple of seven.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU

Since the number "7" is the number of perfection people should then turn it into a deity and begin to worship it? undecided why are you shamelessly spreading lies and convoluted ideas?
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2009
bindex:

@ OLAADEGBU

Since the number "7" is the number of perfection people should then turn it into a deity and begin to worship it? undecided why are you shamelessly spreading lies and convoluted ideas?

Only those who are mathematically inclined would appreciate the fingerprints and designs of the Uncreated Creator in the text of the Scriptures that is impossible to compromise, which only goes on to confirm the Supreme Intelligence behind the Holy Bible, and that it's origin is from outside our physical universe, outside the dimension of time. If I were you I would learn and reflect on the words of wisdom.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2009
We can also learn from the two dimensionless constants of the universe.

1.  Pi which is the relationship btw the circumference and the diameter
2.  Natural Logarithms, Loge

There are two key verses on Creation in the Bible:

[list]
[li]1.  Genesis 1:1  "Beresheet bara Elohim, et ha-Shamayim et ha-Eretz." (Hebrew)
2.  John 1:1 [/li]
[/list]

In Hebrew Gen.1:1

(The number of letters x the product of the letters) divided by (The number of words x the product of the words)

= 3.1416 x 1017 = Pi x 1017

e (Mathematics)

The number e is most commonly defined as the limit of expression: (1 + 1/n)/ as n becomes large without bound.  This limiting value is approximately = 2.7182818285

The number e forms the base of natural or Napaerian, logarithms.  It appears in the exponetial function, e the only function having a rate of growth equal to its size.

In Greek, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

Using the same formula: (The number of letters x the product of the letters) divided by (The number of words x the product of the words)

= 2.7182818285 =2.7183 x 1065

Therefore, e is usually approximated as 2.7183 x 1065

So with two verses of Creation in the Bible we arrived at the value of Pi and e (as in natural logarithms)
This is a mathematical calculation using Scriptures and scientific formulas to arrive at the answer.  If you are an evolutionists you don't have a say since your theories (of evolution) does not have a scientific or mathematical formula.  tongue

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=896535d82b2c397dcc10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin / The Historicity Of The Books Of The Bible - Reference: Daniel. / The SUN Will Turn To Darkness Soon And The Moon Will Turn To Red Like Blood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.