Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

The Beauty Of Mathematics - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Beauty Of Mathematics (10635 Views)

Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer In Unilorin (pics) / Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979 / The Beauty Of Mathematics, And Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2009
1 Kings 7:23 reads:

He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a circumference of thirty cubits to measure around it.

Thirty divided by ten gives a value of 3.  However, it is interesting to note that the word circumference happens to be spelled with an extra letter. Since in Hebrew all letters are also numbers, if we take the ratio of the value for the word as it is written (111) to the normal spelled word (106) we get the number 1.047169811,  If you multiply this number by 3 you get 3.141509434,  An amazingly close approximation to Pi !

http://www.khouse.org/articles/1998/158/
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2009
God created mathematics

The mysteries of Pi and e (the Natural log and) Euler's identity

e i pi + 1 = 0 (Euler's number or Euler's identity)

These are five constants that symbolizes the four major branches of classical mathematics, which was discovered by the devout Christian Euler.

[list]
[li]1.  Arithmetic is represented by 1 and 0;[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]2.  Algebra is represented by i[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]3.  Geometry is represented by Pi[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]4.  Analysis is represented by e[/li]
[/list]

It connects the five most important constants in mathematics (e, P[i]i[/i], i, 0 and 1) along with three of the most important mathematical operations (addition, multiplication and exponentiation).

e is also found in the Bible in a rather unusual way.  The Greek alphabet has a number corresponding to each letter of its alphabet.  If you take the first verse from John 1:1 in the New Testament,

in its original Greek;  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

and calculate:

The number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the product of the words;

You end up with:
= 2.7183 x 1065

e correct to 4 decimal places.

e i Pi + 1 = 0

Pi is also found in the Bible in a rather unusual way.  The Hebrew alphabet also has a number corresponding to each letter in its alphabet.

If you take the first sentence of Genesis 1:1 in its original Hebrew: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" =  "Beresheet bara Elohim, et ha-Shamayim et ha-Eretz." 

and calculate:

The number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the products of the words = 3.1416 x 1017
= Pi correct to 4 decimal places.

e i Pi + 1 = 0

i
was proposed in the 1600's as an imaginary number and is defined as the square root of -1.  It was proposed to help solve equations like x2+1=0
Today[i] i[/i], though originally proposed as an imaginary number to solve algebraic problems, is very useful in science and engineering for solving "real world" problems.

That Pi would be found to combine with the number e, and with the number i, to produce such elegant equation is like discovering that three broken pieces of pottery, each made in different countries, could be fitted together to make a perfect sphere.  The finding strongly argues for a overarching "Intelligent Design" to mathematics from God.

To further discover that P[i]i[/i] can be found in Genesis 1:1, and e can be found in John 1:1 is like finding that the potter of this "perfect sphere" of mathematics signed His name and is none other than our Lord Jesus Christ !!!  I am just left wondering if Jesus hid i, the square root of -1, in the Bible somewhere.  Maybe in John 3:16 wink

Euler is considered among the greatest Mathematicians of all time.  He was a fervent Christian who defended the Christian faith against many notorious Atheists of his day, such as Voltaire.  Among his many accomplishments in higher mathematics, Euler also discovered the "most famous formula" in all of mathematics: 

e iP[i]i [/i] + 1 = 0  This formula is called Euler's Number or Euler's Identity.

Euler's number has been called "the most famous of all formulas," because, as one textbook says, "It appeals equally to the mystics, the scientist, the philosopher and the mathematician."

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=c7d9831470f883b65e3d
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2009
james1:

@OLAADEGBU.
Brilliant.clap,clap,clap mind bending calculations though.
More knowledge to your brain in Jesus name.and may God anoint you afresh and replace the virtue that has gone out of you ten fold in Jesus name,

Amen and Amen. May the Lord bless you with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Jesus' name. Thank you.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Bhola(f): 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2009
Wow. Nice nice. I like this.

Hmmm, pray tell bro Olaadegbu, you by chance single? Just asking ni o. Lol.

God bless you. Doing a great job, not getting sucked into the name calling. Shows where your heart is. Once again, God bless you, plenty.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32am On Jan 17, 2009
Bhola:

Wow. Nice nice. I like this.

Thanks for the appreciation. May the Good Lord bless you and keep you and to make His face shine upon you in Jesus' name.

Bhola:

Hmmm, pray tell bro Olaadegbu, you by chance single? Just asking ni o. Lol.

grin grin grin grin You made me laugh and feel flattered there. wink  of cause I am married . . . and my husband is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. cheesy

Bhola:

God bless you. Doing a great job, not getting sucked into the name calling. Shows where your heart is. Once again, God bless you, plenty.

Thanks and God bless you once again.  The name calling seems to be the pasttime of the Evolutionists and Muslims who have already made up their minds and do not want to be confused with the facts.  Their tactics has been discovered to be their intention to divert or change the issues or topics when they begin to smell the coffee.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

This is how Mathematics have solved one of the big controversies among some Bible scholars.  The last twelve verses of the Gospel of Mark are suspected to be disputed or claimed to be added by some later scribes.  This view comes from an excessive reliance on the Alexandrian manuscripts that were promoted by the agnostic Westcott and Hort which is simply not true.  There are several ways to disprove this claim but I want to use the Mathematical solution inherent in the Scriptures itself, which is the design aspect.

The structure of the passage (vs 9-11) is the first segement which is an appearance to Mary in the Garden and the disciples' unbelief; The next section (vs 11-18) describes appearances by Jesus Christ; The final verses (vs 19-20) are the conclusion.

[list]
[li]In Greek, these last twelve verses contain 175 words that is, (7 x 25).
There are 553 letters = 7 x 79.
The vowels of the letters = 294, The consonants of the letters = 259; each exact multiples of seven.
The vocabulary used consists of 98 different words = 7 x7 x 2.
84 of those vocabulary words are found earlier in Mark = 7 x 12
14 are found only here = 7 x 2.
42 are used in the Lord's address = 7 x 6, 56 are not = 7 x 8.
Each one of these conditions is an exact multiple of seven.[/li]
[/list]

Are these accidental or deliberate?  What are the chances of these being the product of random chance?  The odds that this was a result of random chance is one chance in over 40 million.

Dr. Panin has identified 75 such heptadic constraints!  For even half of those, it would take over 1 million supercomputers over 4 million years to enumerate the alternatives. (734 = 5.4 x 1028 tries:assuming 400 million tries/second results in 4.3 x 1012 computer years) 
75 heptadic constraints, eh?

Let me guess, this is based on an English version of the bible?  What about all the other languages the bible had been translated into on its way to the English version?  Let me guess, the "perfection" goes away when we do that?

Who  cares how many coincidental occurrences this person can create?  There are an infinite number of non-heptadic constraints that could be found.  Does that disprove its perfection?  If the bible was perfect, why aren't there 76 heptadic constraints, or better yet 77?  After all, 77 is divisible by the "perfect" number 7.

What about a different gospel?  I'll be willing to bet I could find more heptadic constraints in this weeks TV guide or some other book than in his "inspired" book.  This is absolutely unconvincing to anyone who is not already convinced.  It's laughable that this type of thing is considered evidence for divine inspiration.

And that last bit is so ridiculous.  Throwing big numbers at the reader that are arbitrarily arrived upon that represent no cogent concept or basis of comparison for evaluating the truth of the previous hogwash.

Ivan Panin is dull. These "patterns" were often created by him and chosen from different versions of the same text. Not to mention these patterns can be found in other text.

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/panin.html
http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/panin_mark.html
http://www.asa3.org/archive/evolution/199807/0225.htm

All of this writings are just his opinion, rhetoric, and conjecture.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

This is how Mathematics have solved one of the big controversies among some Bible scholars.  The last twelve verses of the Gospel of Mark are suspected to be disputed or claimed to be added by some later scribes.  This view comes from an excessive reliance on the Alexandrian manuscripts that were promoted by the agnostic Westcott and Hort which is simply not true.  There are several ways to disprove this claim but I want to use the Mathematical solution inherent in the Scriptures itself, which is the design aspect.

The structure of the passage (vs 9-11) is the first segement which is an appearance to Mary in the Garden and the disciples' unbelief; The next section (vs 11-18) describes appearances by Jesus Christ; The final verses (vs 19-20) are the conclusion.

[list]
[li]In Greek, these last twelve verses contain 175 words that is, (7 x 25).
There are 553 letters = 7 x 79.
The vowels of the letters = 294, The consonants of the letters = 259; each exact multiples of seven.
The vocabulary used consists of 98 different words = 7 x7 x 2.
84 of those vocabulary words are found earlier in Mark = 7 x 12
14 are found only here = 7 x 2.
42 are used in the Lord's address = 7 x 6, 56 are not = 7 x 8.
Each one of these conditions is an exact multiple of seven.[/li]
[/list]

Are these accidental or deliberate?  What are the chances of these being the product of random chance?  The odds that this was a result of random chance is one chance in over 40 million.

Dr. Panin has identified 75 such heptadic constraints!  For even half of those, it would take over 1 million supercomputers over 4 million years to enumerate the alternatives. (734 = 5.4 x 1028 tries:assuming 400 million tries/second results in 4.3 x 1012 computer years) 

Ivan Pavin and the Gospel of Mark
Perhaps the most impressive work of Ivan Panin concerned the passage Mark 16:9-20 in the Greek New Testament.  Modern scholars are almost unanimous in judging this passage an interpolation, but Panin, in his pamphet "The Last Twelve Verses of Mark" provides a dazzling array of numerical patterns.  In his view, these patterns appeared by design, not by accident, and of course the designer must have been God.  Therefore, the passage is authentic.
As we shall see, this example provides an important lesson about Panin's work.

Accident or Design?

As we have adequately demonstrated elsewhere, any piece of text contains a large number of numerical "patterns" by chance.  All that is needed is the skill to present them in a way that makes them appear extraordinary.  However, some of the patterns presented by Panin were indeed the result of deliberate design: Panin designed them!

Textual analysis or Cheating?

Everyone familiar with the history of the Greek New Testament knows that there are very many editions.  The primary reason for this is that they follow the decisions of editors who have different degrees of access to early manuscripts and different opinions on how discrepancies between them should be resolved.  The result of this subjectivity is that, apart from intentional reprintings, all the editions differ from one another.  Sometimes the differences are small, and sometimes they are large, but almost any difference is harmful to Panin's results.  That is because many of Panin's patterns rely on the exact words, or even the exact letters, that appear in the text.
Panin used the edition of Westcott and Hort as the "basis" for his work, but very often made use of the many alternative readings that those authors suggested.  He was prepared to pick and choose almost arbitrarily from the variations, meaning that in fact he was really working with a huge number of texts, few of them corresponding to any real manuscript.  After this deliberate tweaking of the text to make his patterns work, he then calculated "probabilities" without taking that tweaking into account.  Panin even published his own Greek text, carefully tweaked to provide the patterns that he most liked.

Panin believed that he was reconstructing the original text, but his logic was circular.  By deliberately designing the patterns himself by tweaking the text, he eliminated his own argument that the patterns proved an original design.  The very most he could logically conclude was that his attempt to produce patterns had been successful.

Incidentally, the edition of Westcott and Hort is today regarded as poor scholarship.

Ken Smith's investigation

Ken Smith of Brisbane did an investigation which proves our point forcefully.  Panin's report on the last twelve verse of Mark begins with the observation that there are 175 = 25x7 words in the Greek text.  If that much is wrong, it is obvious that many other things will be wrong also.  So Ken collected a large number of editions and counted the words in that passage.  Here are his findings.

Edition
Words
Elzevir's edition of Textus Receptus (1624)
Wilson (1864)
Alford (1874)
Westcott and Hort (1881)
Weymouth (1886)
Nestle (1898)
Souter (1902) for Accepted Version
ditto, for Revised Version
Nestle (1904)
Souter (1910)
Huck (1936)
Souter (1947)
British and Foreign Bible Society (1958)
Tasker (1961)
Nestle/Aland (1975)
Huck/Greeven (1981)
More bibliographic details for these editions are available on request.

We see that none of these editions has even the right number of words for Panin's claims.  What chance do they have for Panin's claims concerning letter counts or numerical values?  We conclude that Panin himself designed the patterns he found.

So OLAADEGBU the guy whose work you plagiariazied has been shown to be a fraud who concocted some rubbish designs to prove that the bible is not a work of fiction.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2009
bindex:

5 heptadic constraints, eh?

I keep telling you that the atheistic and evolutionary spectacles you use in viewing the facts are distorted.  I said 75 heptadic constraints, I don't know where you got 5 heptadic constraints from, or are you smoking that weed again?

bindex:

Let me guess, this is based on an English version of the bible? What about all the other languages the bible had been translated into on its way to the English version? Let me guess, the "perfection" goes away when we do that?

Instead of all these work of assumptions and conjectures that makes you always guess instead of looking out for facts I will suggest that you use the Biblical creationists worldview as a spectacle to view facts instead of exposing yourself like a blind man.  I wrote in the post that the Scriptures used was in Greek not in English or any other language.  Shine your eyes and look at the post again and stop embarrasing yourself in the public forum like this. tongue

bindex:

Who cares how many coincidental occurrences this person can create? There are an infinite number of non-heptadic constraints that could be found. Does that disprove its perfection? If the bible was perfect, why aren't there 76 heptadic constraints, or better yet 77? After all, 77 is divisible by the "perfect" number 7.

Alright then, if you feel that you are the latest Albert Einstein I challenge you to write up a genealogy of someone using the following mathematical rules and let us see how many heptadic constraintsthat you can come up with. cool

[list]
[li]The number of words you use must be an exact multiple of seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of letters must also be divisible by seven exactly.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of vowels is to be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of words that begin with a vowel must be divisible by seven[/li]
[/list].
[list]
[li]The number of words that occur more than once must be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of words that occur in more than one form must be divisible by seven[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of nouns must be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of names shall be divisible by seven and only seven other kinds of nouns will be permitted.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of male names shall be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of generations shall be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]

bindex:

What about a different gospel? I'll be willing to bet I could find more heptadic constraints in this weeks TV guide or some other book than in his "inspired" book. This is absolutely unconvincing to anyone who is not already convinced. It's laughable that this type of thing is considered evidence for divine inspiration.

And that last bit is so ridiculous. Throwing big numbers at the reader that are arbitrarily arrived upon that represent no cogent concept or basis of comparison for evaluating the truth of the previous hogwash.

Ivan Panin is dull. These "patterns" were often created by him and chosen from different versions of the same text. Not to mention these patterns can be found in other text.
All of this writings are just his opinion, rhetoric, and conjecture.

So you feel that you are more intelligent than Dr. Panin right?  Go ahead and solve the challenge thrown to you above and make sure you show us some if not more heptadic constraints that you boasted of, and don't come back to show your face if you fail in this assignment. wink
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

I

Alright then, if you feel that you are the latest Albert Einstein I challenge you to write up a genealogy of someone using the following mathematical rules and let us see how many heptadic constraintsthat you can come up with. cool

[list]
[li]The number of words you use must be an exact multiple of seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of letters must also be divisible by seven exactly.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of vowels is to be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of words that begin with a vowel must be divisible by seven[/li]
[/list].
[list]
[li]The number of words that occur more than once must be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of words that occur in more than one form must be divisible by seven[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of nouns must be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of names shall be divisible by seven and only seven other kinds of nouns will be permitted.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of male names shall be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The number of generations shall be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]

So you feel that you are more intelligent than Dr. Panin right?  Go ahead and solve the challenge thrown to you above and make sure you show us some if not more heptadic constraints that you boasted of, and don't come back to show your face if you fail in this assignment. wink

I said the guys work has been shown to be a fraud so why are you still copying and pasting? did you didnt even bother to read the greek or what ever writings, you just assumed they were true because they proved that the bible was real. Just take you time and go through this links.

Another example of coincidence ?Miracles in Edgar Allen Poe
The following example is an expansion of one first presented on USENET by Charles Culver of Computers for Christ.
For this example, we will use numerical values for English letters assigned using the same pattern as used for Arabic,
Greek and Hebrew.
A=1 B=2 C=3 D=4 E=5 F=6 G=7 H=8 I=9
J=10 K=20 L=30 M=40 N=60 O=60 P=70 Q=80 R=90
S=100 T=200 U=300 V=400 W=500 X=600 Y=700 Z=800
We will analyse the famous first line of Poe's classic poem "The Raven":
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary
There are 7x7 letters.
The first and last words sum to 202x7, of which the first letters contribute 80x7.
The consonants in words starting with a consonant sum to 537x7.
The consonants in words ending with a consonant sum to 485x7, of which 192x7 comes from the odd length
words and 293x7 from the even length words.
The consonants in words 2,4,6,8,10 sum to 177x7.
There are 7 words ending with consonants.
There are 3x7 consonants in words of even length.
Considering words 1,3,5,7,9,11:
There are 3x7 letters.
The even (2,4,6, ) letters in each word total 138x7.
The last letters of each word total 205x7.
The first and last letters of each word total 51x7x7.
Considering the verb "pondered":
The first letter has value 10x7.
The vowels have total value 10x7.
In his original article, Charles wrote:
There are a number of other objections to Panin's methodology
as well, which time does not permit me to go into.
It appears that Charles is just as good at writing numerical text as Poe was.
The sentence has 3x7 words and a total value of 143x7x7.
The first word has value 44x7.
Words ending in vowels have value 230x7.
Words ending in consonants have value 708x7.
The three pronouns total 40x7.
The words which start with a vowel and end with a consonant total 3x7x7x7.
Considering just words 2,4,6,8,, ,20:
There are 6x7 letters.
The 3x7 letters in odd position in the sentence total 53x7x7.
The 3x7 letters in odd position in a word total 54x7x7.
The first letters total 163x7.
The consonants total 408x7. Miracles in Edgar Allen Poe
The following example is an expansion of one first presented on USENET by Charles Culver of Computers for Christ.
For this example, we will use numerical values for English letters assigned using the same pattern as used for Arabic,
Greek and Hebrew.
A=1 B=2 C=3 D=4 E=5 F=6 G=7 H=8 I=9
J=10 K=20 L=30 M=40 N=60 O=60 P=70 Q=80 R=90
S=100 T=200 U=300 V=400 W=500 X=600 Y=700 Z=800
We will analyse the famous first line of Poe's classic poem "The Raven":
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary
There are 7x7 letters.
The first and last words sum to 202x7, of which the first letters contribute 80x7.
The consonants in words starting with a consonant sum to 537x7.
The consonants in words ending with a consonant sum to 485x7, of which 192x7 comes from the odd length
words and 293x7 from the even length words.
The consonants in words 2,4,6,8,10 sum to 177x7.
There are 7 words ending with consonants.
There are 3x7 consonants in words of even length.
Considering words 1,3,5,7,9,11:
There are 3x7 letters.
The even (2,4,6, ) letters in each word total 138x7.
The last letters of each word total 205x7.
The first and last letters of each word total 51x7x7.
Considering the verb "pondered":
The first letter has value 10x7.
The vowels have total value 10x7.
In his original article, Charles wrote:
There are a number of other objections to Panin's methodology
as well, which time does not permit me to go into.
It appears that Charles is just as good at writing numerical text as Poe was.
The sentence has 3x7 words and a total value of 143x7x7.
The first word has value 44x7.
Words ending in vowels have value 230x7.
Words ending in consonants have value 708x7.
The three pronouns total 40x7.
The words which start with a vowel and end with a consonant total 3x7x7x7.
Considering just words 2,4,6,8,, ,20:
There are 6x7 letters.
The 3x7 letters in odd position in the sentence total 53x7x7.
The 3x7 letters in odd position in a word total 54x7x7.
The first letters total 163x7.
The consonants total 408x7.

Visit these websites here and you will see that the guys work has been refuted and shown to be a fraud. I provided them for you to read in my previous post but you didn't here they are once again.

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/panin.html
http://www.asa3.org/archive/evolution/199807/0225.html
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2009
bindex:

I said the guys work has been shown to be a fraud so why are you still copying and pasting? did you didnt even bother to read the greek or what ever writings, you just assumed they were true because they proved that the bible was real. Just take you time and go through this links.

The challenge thrown at you was that since you boasted that you could do better than Dr. Panin, that you should write out the genealogy (family tree) of someone with the criteria given:

[list]
[li]
The number of words you use must be an exact multiple of seven.
The number of letters must also be divisible by seven exactly.
The number of vowels is to be divisible by seven.
The number of words that begin with a vowel must be divisible by seven
The number of words that occur more than once must be divisible by seven.
The number of words that occur in more than one form must be divisible by seven
The number of nouns must be divisible by seven.
The number of names shall be divisible by seven and only seven other kinds of nouns will be permitted.
The number of male names shall be divisible by seven
The number of generations shall be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]

Instead of you to comply with the criteria you first of all accused me of plagiarizing the work of Dr. Panin then you proceeded to cut and paste from the internet (double copying and pasting) shocked that used a cock and bull story to press their point home.  The genealogy of Jesus Christ was not made up by Dr. Panin because he was not born by the time the gospel of Mark was written in its original Greek form.  And the Alexandrian manuscripts that were promoted by Westcott and Hort was not used.  The efforts of Brooke Foss Westcott and Fenton John Anthony Hort who where agnostics were to discredit the Textus Receptus which was the traditional source document, the Alexandrian codices and their impact on many of the recent translations, have become suspect and controversial.  I can understand your preference and sympathy for the corrupted Alexandrian text since it tallies with your atheistic leanings, hence it is convenient for you to call Dr. Panin's work a fraud.

If you are to cut and paste at least do it once, and the quantity of your post does not mean that it has quality and certainly does not show a good example of your scholarly intelligence that you have boasted of earlier. tongue
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2009
Apart from the fact that Dr. Panin's design aspect has justified the inclusion of the twelve verses in  the Textus Receptus, there are several other ways to disprove the claims of these other versions that are based on the Alexandrian manuscripts; First, in A.D. 150 Irenaeus quoted the passage in his commentary, so it must have been around in the second century.  Hippolatus, also in the second century, quoted it.  If the last twelve verses of Mark were omitted as the recent version does, the passage would end with the followers of Christ frightened and confused, which is inconsistent with the tenor of the text.

The design aspect that Dr. Panin discovered cannot be accidental but deliberate.  What are the chances of those discovered seven fold structures that I shared earlier being the product of random chance?  For a single instance, there are six chances of failing, and only one in seven of it coming out correctly.  Yet, for two conditions, that's 7 x 7, or one chance in forty-nine.  For three conditions, that is, 7 x 7 x 7, or one chance in 343.  For 4 conditions, we have one chance in 2,401.  The more constraints we put on this, the more rigid the design requirements become.  You are given 9 conditions in the description so far.  The odds that this was a result of random chance, is one chance in over 40 million!

Let me repeat another example given in my earlier post: Matthew uses 42 words that are not used anywhere else in the New Testament.  Those 42 words (7 x 6) have 126 letters, which is also an exact multiple of seven.  Let's assume Matthew set out to do this deliberately, how would he go about it?  The only characteristics that these words share was that nobody else used them.  How would you determine these words would not be used by anyone else?  There are only two ways to do that.  Either you would have to get prior agreement with the other authors (assuming you could predict who they would turn out to be), or you would have to write your book after everyone else.  You could argue that this proves Matthew's Gospel was written last.  Except the same thing is true of the Gospel of Mark!  The Gospel of Mark also has a unique vocabulary that is an exact multiple of seven.  How did Mark arrange that?  The same thing is true of Luke and John!  You might want to scream that the Gospel writers must have colluded! Well, except for the fact that James, Peter, Jude and John all have vocabularies, unique to their writings, that are an exact multiple of seven respectively.

Do we accept our Bible because of Panin's discoveries?  Absolutely not.  We accept the Bible, first of all, because the Septuagint authenticates the reality that Jesus Christ was really who He said He was by its precise anticipation of all the details of life of Jesus Christ, centuries in advance.  That is the first step.  Jesus was authenticated in the Old Testament in the Torah, in Isaiah, in the Psalms; in fact, virtually every book of the Old Testament.  We accept the Bible because it proves Jesus Christ was who He said He was.  And if He was who He said He was, His subsequent authentication of the Old Testament removes all criticisms, all questions about who really wrote the Torah, Isaiah and so forth.  We have 66 books, penned by over 40 authors, over several thousand years, with a design that originated outside the dimension of time.  Every number, every place name, every detail is there by deliberate design.

As we apply the insights of cryptography to the text itself, we make new discoveries that are inexhaustible.  In addition to the hidden subtleties of the letters, the numerics, etc are the structural anticipations of what is coming. Abraham offfering Isaac on the very spot where another Father would offer His Son for sin (even Abraham knew that he was acting out prophecy), we also have the genealogy of Genesis 5, which spells out a summary of God's redemptive plan; How about the Book of Ruth, which is the Old Testament Book of the Church.  These are but a few examples.

The Old Testament closed with unexplained ceremonies, unachieved purposes, unappeased longings, and unfulfilled prophecies.  They all completed in the New Testament-- One book; one integrated whole.  This is the prove that the Bible's origin is from outside our physical universe, outside the dimension of time.  And this is to show that we serve and worship a transcedent uncreated Creator, an awesome Designer who not only created us but chose to enter our creation to undo the damage that we have got ourselves into and to redeem it.

There is another way to know that the Bible is true.  Jesus gave you a challenge in John 7:17, when He said, "If any man will do His will he shall know the doctrine, whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself."  That's His challenge.  Take Him at His word and see what happens.  God will reveal Himself to you as a response to obedience.  The revelations of God, throughout the Old Testament, always follow obedience; they do not precede it.  Take the truth you have, obey it, and God will give you more truth; that's His pattern.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

The challenge thrown at you was that since you boasted that you could do better than Dr. Panin, that you should write out the genealogy (family tree) of someone with the criteria given:

[list]
[li]
The number of words you use must be an exact multiple of seven.
The number of letters must also be divisible by seven exactly.
The number of vowels is to be divisible by seven.
The number of words that begin with a vowel must be divisible by seven
The number of words that occur more than once must be divisible by seven.
The number of words that occur in more than one form must be divisible by seven
The number of nouns must be divisible by seven.
The number of names shall be divisible by seven and only seven other kinds of nouns will be permitted.
The number of male names shall be divisible by seven
The number of generations shall be divisible by seven.[/li]
[/list]

Instead of you to comply with the criteria you first of all accused me of plagiarizing the work of Dr. Panin then you proceeded to cut and paste from the internet (double copying and pasting) shocked that used a cock and bull story to press their point home.  The genealogy of Jesus Christ was not made up by Dr. Panin because he was not born by the time the gospel of Mark was written in its original Greek form.  And the Alexandrian manuscripts that were promoted by Westcott and Hort was not used.  The efforts of Brooke Foss Westcott and Fenton John Anthony Hort who where agnostics were to discredit the Textus Receptus which was the traditional source document, the Alexandrian codices and their impact on many of the recent translations, have become suspect and controversial.  I can understand your preference and sympathy for the corrupted Alexandrian text since it tallies with your atheistic leanings, hence it is convenient for you to call Dr. Panin's work a fraud.

If you are to cut and paste at least do it once, and the quantity of your post does not mean that it has quality and certainly does not show a good example of your scholarly intelligence that you have boasted of earlier. tongue

You make me laugh, All you did was copy and paste things that you were not really sure of. Agreed I copied and pasted but I provided the source for you to see didnt I?

Everyone familiar with the history of the Greek New Testament knows that there are very many editions.  The primary reason for this is that they follow the decisions of editors who have different degrees of access to early manuscripts and different opinions on how discrepancies between them should be resolved.  The result of this subjectivity is that, apart from intentional reprintings, all the editions differ from one another.  Sometimes the differences are small, and sometimes they are large, but almost any difference is harmful to Panin's results.  That is because many of Panin's patterns rely on the exact words, or even the exact letters, that appear in the text.
Panin used the edition of Westcott and Hort as the "basis" for his work, but very often made use of the many alternative readings that those authors suggested.  He was prepared to pick and choose almost arbitrarily from the variations, meaning that in fact he was really working with a huge number of texts, few of them corresponding to any real manuscript.   After this deliberate tweaking of the text to make his patterns work, he then calculated "probabilities" without taking that tweaking into account.  Panin even published his own Greek text, carefully tweaked to provide the patterns that he most liked.
Panin believed that he was reconstructing the original text, but his logic was circular.  By deliberately designing the patterns himself by tweaking the text, he eliminated his own argument that the patterns proved an original design.  The very most he could logically conclude was that his attempt to produce patterns had been successful.
Incidentally, the edition of Westcott and Hort is today regarded as poor scholarship.

If you insist that the bible from the new testament to the old explain the reality that Jesus was who he was based on the explanation in the bible then go ahead and do so. Stop using the mathematical logic of fraudsters to prove the existence or realities of the biblical assertions.  By the way I would ask some questions about the mathematical assertions regarding John 1:1 and Genesis 1:1:

1. Are the calculations correct (I am to lazy right now, but you could do the calculation based on the transformation of the alphanumericals)?

2. Where does the formula number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the product of words come from?

3. What is connection between the verses and the numbers allegedly contained in them?

4. What is the connection between John 1:1 and Genesis 1:1?

5. Why are the numbers calculated actually not pi and e but in fact huge numbers with differing exponents (Pi factor 1017, e factor 1065)?

6. What about 1, 0 , and i?

The way in which 'meaningful' numbers are generated from the text is highly suspect. The formula used has no obvious meaning in regard to both the verses and the numbers calculated. It looks as if each verse of the bible was numerically calculated by a computer program and then different mathematical operations were unleashed on the stream of data to see whether something can be generated from it. I bet if you look for any five digit number in the text, using any mathematical formula you can think of and ignore everything that comes after these five digits when you finally found something that starts with those you can find it in some verse or other. After all the bible contains over 30,000 verses, over 730,000 words and over 4,400,000 characters. No wonder 5 digits of Pi x 1017 is somewhere in there,
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2009
bindex:

You make me laugh, All you did was copy and paste things that you were not really sure of. Agreed I copied and pasted but I provided the source for you to see didnt I?

If you knew that you will be cutting and pasting you should have said so instead of boasting that you could do better than Dr. Panin, and even you failed miserably in your effort to copy and paste.  Next time digest and comprehend what you are about to cut and paste or rather be original in your posting instead of blowing hot air that only exposed you to be a novice.

bindex:

Panin used the edition of Westcott and Hort as the "basis" for his work, but very often made use of the many alternative readings that those authors suggested.  He was prepared to pick and choose almost arbitrarily from the variations, meaning that in fact he was really working with a huge number of texts, few of them corresponding to any real manuscript.   After this deliberate tweaking of the text to make his patterns work, he then calculated "probabilities" without taking that tweaking into account.  Panin even published his own Greek text, carefully tweaked to provide the patterns that he most liked.

All this effort to discredit honest scientific research of real scientists would not validate your own position, that there is no God.  Real scientists that were and are Christians have produced workable formula that qualified their researches and made it to become  scientific laws but the same cannot be said about your evolutionary theories that has remained as a conjecture and cannot be made into a scientific law because they are unreasonable, irrational, unscientific and unworkable.  Can you tell me any workable formula of the theory of evolution?  It does not work, instead of validating and acknowledging these Christian biblical creationists in their efforts you guys are not even shameful to use the formulas to do science being inconsistent with your beliefs.

bindex:

If you insist that the bible from the new testament to the old explain the reality that Jesus was who he was based on the explanation in the bible then go ahead and do so. Stop using the mathematical logic of fraudsters to prove the existence or realities of the biblical assertions.

For your information, is it only mathematics that has rattled your philosophical belief of the non existence of God?  Check the weblink below and discover how the modern science of archaeology, amongst other disciplines confirms the accuracy of the Bible.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-archaeology-support-the-bible

bindex:

By the way I would ask some questions about the mathematical assertions regarding John 1:1 and Genesis 1:1:

1. Are the calculations correct (I am to lazy right now, but you could do the calculation based on the transformation of the alphanumericals)?

2. Where does the formula number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the product of words come from?

3. What is connection between the verses and the numbers allegedly contained in them?

4. What is the connection between John 1:1 and Genesis 1:1?

5. Why are the numbers calculated actually not pi and e but in fact huge numbers with differing exponents (Pi factor 1017, e factor 1065)?

6. What about 1, 0 , and i?

The way in which 'meaningful' numbers are generated from the text is highly suspect. The formula used has no obvious meaning in regard to both the verses and the numbers calculated. It looks as if each verse of the bible was numerically calculated by a computer program and then different mathematical operations were unleashed on the stream of data to see whether something can be generated from it. I bet if you look for any five digit number in the text, using any mathematical formula you can think of and ignore everything that comes after these five digits when you finally found something that starts with those you can find it in some verse or other. After all the bible contains over 30,000 verses, over 730,000 words and over 4,400,000 characters. No wonder 5 digits of Pi x 1017 is somewhere in there, 

The onus is on you to disprove the mathematical assertions made by Euler, John Napier and other Christian creationist scientists.  And while you are busy browsing the internet for what to copy and paste make sure you understand it adequately, since you have failed miserably to rise up to the challenge thrown at you to come up with a geneaology (family tree) with the criteria proposed. 

Also read up on how the Alexandrian manuscripts came to be before you shoot yourself in the foot again. tongue

PS: This weblink will help you to get the facts in a proper perspective regarding the Alexandrian manuscripts and the Textus Receptus.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0031/0031_01.asp
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

If you knew that you will be cutting and pasting you should have said so instead of boasting that you could do better than Dr. Panin, and even you failed miserably in your effort to copy and paste. Next time digest and comprehend what you are about to cut and paste or rather be original in your posting instead of blowing hot air that only exposed you to be a novice.

Are you talking about yourself? You copied and pasted someones work without showing the source till I did, and when I did I referenced my source. All you did was copy and paste while the gullibles here was busy praising you thinking it was your own reason and writings you were displaying. Next time digest and comprehend what you are plagiarizing.

All this effort to discredit honest scientific research of real scientists would not validate your own position, that there is no God. Real scientists that were and are Christians have produced workable formula that qualified their researches and made it to become scientific laws but the same cannot be said about your evolutionary theories that has remained as a conjecture and cannot be made into a scientific law because they are unreasonable, irrational, unscientific and unworkable. Can you tell me any workable formula of the theory of evolution? It does not work, instead of validating and acknowledging these Christian biblical creationists in their efforts you guys are not even shameful to use the formulas to do science being inconsistent with your beliefs.

There is no effort to discredit any body the guy used some dishonest methods to come to his convoluted conclusions which others looked into and found that he was not honest with his work, he delibarately distorted numbers, interpretations and facts to fit into his work.

For your information, is it only mathematics that has rattled your philosophical belief of the existence of God? Check the weblink below and discover how archaeology amongst other disciplines confirms the accuracy of the Bible.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-archaeology-support-the-bible

Visit the web site below and see how archaeology amongst other disciplines have refuted the accuracy of the bible.

Archaeologists such as Israel Finkelstein, Ze'ev Herzog and William G. Dever, regard the Exodus as non-historical, at best containing a small germ of truth. According to Prof. Ze'ev Herzog, Director of the Institute of Archaeology at Tel Aviv University "This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel: the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel, The many Egyptian documents that we have make no mention of the Israelites' presence in Egypt and are also silent about the events of the exodus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

The archaelogical evidence suggests the Israelites originated from the local Canaanite population.

There's certainly NO evidence whatsoever for an actual "Moses" or "Abraham" outside of the Torah, although I suppose it's possible that the legends grew up around some real person.

The onus is on you to disprove the mathematical assertions made by the Christian creationist scientists. And while you are busy browsing the internet for what to copy and paste make sure you understand it adequately, since you have failed miserably to rise up to the challenge thrown at you to come up with the geneaology with the criteria given.

Also read up on how the Alexandrian manuscripts came to be before you shoot yourself in the foot again. tongue

PS: This weblink will help you to get the facts in a proper perspective regarding the Alexandrian manuscripts and the Textus Receptus.

You don't really know what you are saying. Next time before you copy and paste someones elses work pls remember to write down or reference the source.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 18, 2009
It's funny how people are so gullible. you even quoted Einstein who believed there is no God and there are no chosen ones even though he was a jew? You are crazy trying to associate your religion with love. Love exists on it's own and your religion on it's own.

Love is the God of a religion on it's own and she doesn't condemn or judge people, she's not coming to destroy the world, she doesn't favour one over the other or suffer one for one to enjoy. Your God is evil and a jealous God(that's even in the bible). Your God choose Abel over cain, Joseph over Esau, and the story goes on of his injustice and prejudice. He said he gave human beings free will, then why does he gets angry everytime people chose not to worship him? (according to your bible again). You all read the bible with closed minds and never considered other options cause you fear your God will strike you. He's as judgmental as racists are. Let me take you on this journey of the theory of mind control created by philosophers and psychologists. lots of them.

I want to sell you an apple, but the thing is I know you don't want apple but you like Orange and other fruits. In order for me to sell the apple, I said the apple has all what other fruits have and don't have. I said the apple is all other fruits combined in one plus some more extras. Now you will think about the stress of getting other fruits and go with single apple which is like other fruits even though it's just a marketing strategy I used to sell my apple. Now that's what Monotheistic religion is like. I don't practice religion, I learn teachings from different cultures around the world. but with your religion all you have to do is read your bible and no other books on beliefs matters especially if it goes against your biblical beliefs. Peace religious cunts!!!!
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Image123(m): 12:13am On Jan 19, 2009
Bindex just keeps popping up.Troubled soul. I pray that you find true rest. Christ Jesus can give you rest. He knocks at the door of your heart.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by bindex(m): 12:25am On Jan 19, 2009
Image123:

Bindex just keeps popping up.Troubled soul. I pray that you find true rest. Christ Jesus can give you rest. He knocks at the door of your heart.

grin grin grin grin grin When cornered all you have are words like troubled soul, wicked soul, evil soul, disturbed soul, hopeless soul, soulless soul, dangerous soul.  grin grin grin grin troubled I am not I can assure you. How does pointing out a fraudulent work amount to being troubled? Some one called me a wicked soul that is out to destroy the good work of God just yesterday because I said that there was no way pastor Adeboye could have travelled for more than 300km on an empty tank so this is nothing new. There are millions of Christians in Nigeria that are praying and fasting day and night for Jesus to give them rest but things keep getting worse for them tell Jesus to go and give them rest,he can't even give rest to his children talk less of me that believes he is no different from Harry Porter. I don't need his rest I already have mine.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Image123(m): 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2009
@bindex
that was I think my 1st reply in this thread and you're talking about being cornered.I don't understand that.I said your soul is troubled and you need rest.the rest I'm refering to can only be given by Jesus.its a rest for your soul,a rest for eternity,a peace that is more than having money or cars.anybody can have money whether christian or non-christian.anybody can be poor whether christian or non- christian.That actually depends on the person.But the rest you need is greater than that.its a rest that comes when you take the water of life.and the water is free.only believe
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2009
Euler's Number - God Created Mathematics

The Mysteries of Pi and e by Chuck Missler http://www.khouse.org/articles/2003/482/ We all met 'pi' in school when we had to deal with the circumference of, more >>

The Mysteries of Pi and e

by Chuck Missler

http://www.khouse.org/articles/2003/482/

We all met 'pi' in school when we had to deal with the circumference of a circle and similar matters. "Pi are squared" sounds like bad grammar, but it is correct geometry for the area of a circle. We approximated it with 22/7, until we got into engineering circles where we learned that, more precisely, it was 3.141592654, (It has recently been calculated to a trillion decimal places!1) As we have previously mentioned in several of our materials, p is also a "hidden treasure" in the Hebrew text of 1st Kings 7:23.2 When one corrects the letter values for a variation of the spelling, the 46-foot circumference of Solomon's 'molten sea' is specified to an accuracy of better than 15 thousandths of an inch !

Natural Logarithms

Perhaps less well known to most of our less technical subscribers is the base of Naperian ("natural&quotwink logarithms, e . It shows up in myriads of places in advanced engineering and mathematics:

it is usually approximated by 2.718281828

A Rabbinical Tradition

The ancient Hebrew sages believed, of course, that God created the heavens and the earth. However, some of them believed that the Word of God was the very template with which He did it. This strikes some of us as simply a colorful exaggeration that goes beyond any direct evidence. there are hints here and there There are two well-known references to the creation in the Scripture: Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1. Let's look 'underneath' the text of each of these.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

If you examine the numerical values of each of the Hebrew letters, and the numerical value of the words (see chart), and apply them to this formula:

The number of letters x the product of the letters

The number of words x the product of the words

You get 3.1416 x 1017. The value of p to four decimal places! Hmm.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This time if you take the numerical value of each of the Greek letters (see chart), and the numerical value of the words, and apply them to the same formula:

The number of letters x the product of the letters
The number of words x the product of the words

You now get 2.7183 x 1065, the value of e. Curious!
Significance?

Each of these is another of those puzzling ostensible 'coincidences' that are too astonishing to dismiss, and yet present challenges in suggesting any real significance.3 And taken together, they do evoke some conjectures. There are, however, at least two problems: why just four decimal places (they both deviate from the fifth place onwards) and what do you do with all the 'extra zeroes'?

I frankly don't know. Nevertheless, I thought it would be an excellent conversation piece as we return to our academic schedules this month. The rabbis would suggest that each of these may simply be a remez , a hint of something deeper.

God by the Numbers
Charles Edward White

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/march/26.44.html

excerpt:

Connecting the constants

The final number comes from theoretical mathematics. It is Euler's (pronounced "Oiler's"wink number: e Pi i. This number is equal to -1, so when the formula is written e Pi i+1 = 0, it connects the five most important constants in mathematics (e, Pi , i, 0, and 1) along with three of the most important mathematical operations (addition, multiplication, and exponentiation).

These five constants symbolize the four major branches of classical mathematics: arithmetic, represented by 1 and 0; algebra, by i; geometry, by PI ; and analysis, by e, the base of the natural log. e Pi i+1 = 0 has been called "the most famous of all formulas," because, as one textbook says, "It appeals equally to the mystic, the scientist, the philosopher, and the mathematician."

The reason for this wide-ranging appeal is its utter serendipity. First, there is the ubiquitous number e, which pops up in the most unexpected places. It was first discovered in an attempt to make multiplication easier. In 1614, John Napier figured that adding exponents was easier than multiplying multi-digit numbers, so he (and others) calculated the logarithms of all integers from 1 to 100,000, expressing these numbers as powers of 10. Later mathematicians found it more convenient to express logarithms as powers of the natural log e, a number close to 2.71828.

This number also appears in banking, because it is the limit for growth of compound interest. Let's say one invested $1,000 in a very generous bank that paid an annual interest of 100%. If interest were compounded annually, at the end of the year, the money would have grown to $2,000. If, however, the bank compounded interest four times a year, the money would grow to $2,441.41. If the bank compounded interest continually, the deposit could grow to $2,718.28, which just happens to be the value of e times the original investment.

Finally, e turns up at the origin of calculus, where it is the function equal to its own derivative (if y = ex then dy/dx = ex), and it equals the limit of (1+ 1/n)n as n approaches infinity. e is irrational, so it can never be written exactly in decimal form, but it is a very useful and fascinating number in its own right.

When we combine e with Pi , we are introducing the oldest irrational number. Two thousand years before Christ, the Greeks knew that Pi was the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter and that it could not be expressed as the ratio of any two integers. It is essential in geometry, but it also turns up in waves of air, water, electricity, and light, and it even helps actuaries calculate how many 50-year-old men will die this year.

The number i is a relative latecomer, proposed in the 1600s as an imaginary number and defined as the square root of -1. It was proposed to help solve equations like x2+ 1 = 0, but today it is useful in science and engineering. George Gamow, in his book One, Two, Three, , Infinity, even uses i to locate buried treasure with an outdated map.
The idea that these two irrational numbers should combine with an imaginary one to yield so utilitarian a result is breathtaking. It is like deconstructing a chemical necessary for life (salt) and finding that it consists of two ly poisons (sodium and chlorine). That these three strange numbers with such diverse origins should work together to produce a result so basic to mathematics argues that there is a profound elegance or beauty built into the system.

The discovery of this number gave mathematicians the same sense of delight and wonder that would come from the discovery that three broken pieces of pottery, each made in different countries, could be fitted together to make a perfect sphere. It seemed to argue that there was a plan where no plan should be.

Because of the serendipitous elegance of this formula, a mathematics professor at MIT, an atheist, once wrote this formula on the blackboard, saying, "There is no God, but if there were, this formula would be proof of his existence."

Today, numbers from astronomy, biology, and theoretical mathematics point to a rational mind behind the universe. To be sure, they do not point to the personal God of the Bible as such. Yet they are not inimical to the biblical God, either. The apostle John prepared the way for this conclusion when he used the word for logic, reason, and rationality "logos" to describe Christ at the beginning of his Gospel: "In the beginning was the logos, and the logos was with God, and the logos was God." When we think logically, which is the goal of mathematics, we are led to think of God.

Charles Edward White is professor of Christian thought and history at Spring Arbor University in Michigan.

Euler's identity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zApx1UlkpNs
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by ajadrage: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2009
grin
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2009
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2009
How Young Is the Earth? Applying Simple Math to Data Provided in Genesis
by James J. S. Johnson, J.D.*

When Abraham was born, how old (or young) was the earth? Can we know the answer with confidence? Yes, if God has given us the information we need in Genesis. And He has. But to recognize it requires reading, writing, and 'rithmetic--and one more critical ingredient: avoiding the irrelevant issue of whether Genesis genealogies are "open" or "closed."

Read that last sentence again; it is the key to avoiding confusion. Some people assume that the historical events related in the early chapters of Genesis cannot be precisely dated because we cannot be certain whether the genealogical lists are complete ("closed"wink or whether they skip generations and have gaps (and are thus "open"wink. The issue is irrelevant because the timeframes given in Genesis are measured by the number of years between one event and another event, regardless of how many generations occurred between those "bookend" events.

http://www.icr.org/article/how-young-earth-applying-simple-math-data-provided/
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by karlie4nia(m): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ Olaadegbu

I think your a a bigtime asset. The world is waiting for you to really happen.I havent seen anything like this before and i believe this is only small compared to all u still have.The God of mathematics and of course all things would continue to manifest his fullness in you.Amen
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2009
Here are evidences that further supports the biblical account of a young earth.  With a little bit of Mathematics we can calculate how we arrived at a population of about 6.7 billion people on earth today.

Population Studies Indicate A Young Planet Earth

According to the Star Tribune Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, July 24, 1999, "Last weekend the world's population topped 6 billion".
In 1985 there were 5 billion people in the world.
In the year 1800 there were only 1 billion people in the whole world.
In the year 3 BC a Roman Census at the time of the Birth of Jesus Christ indicated that the population of the world was 250 million.
All text books teach that, and the world's population is growing rapidly.

Illustration from Merrill Earth Science 1993, p.503
(Check the link below for the graph or chart of the population growth of modern humans)

Year World Population

2000 6 Billion
1985 5 Billion
1800 1 Billion
3BC 250 Million

The Bible teaches that:

[list]
[li]6,000 years ago God created the Universe.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]4,400 years ago there was a Flood which destroyed everyone except for 8 people. [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The current population curve started 4,400 years ago. [/li]
[/list]

Current growth curve based on Biblical time scales

[list]
[li]If you start with 8 people 4,400 years ago, after Noah's Flood, a population of 6 Billion people over 4,400 years is perfectly reasonable. [/li]
[/list]

Current growth curve based on Evolutionary Theory

[list]
[li]Evolutionists believe that the Earth is billions of years old, and that Human Life evolved millions of years ago. [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]If Human Life started 3 million years ago, we would now have a world population of 150,000 people per square inch, and that is incredibly crowded! [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The population growth curve clearly demonstrates that Human Life did not start[b] 3 million [/b] years ago. [/li]
[/list] 

http://www.finalfrontier.org.uk/index.php?main=3&sub=1&page=22
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by debosky(m): 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2009
Flawed analysis at best .

Population studies alone cannot even begin to tell the story of RAPID advances in healthcare and food cultivation that supported massive population increases.

Secondly - Ice ages, climatic changes and migration patterns ALL have influences on how man's population grew.

Life starting 3m years ago doesn't necessarily mean rapid population growth would have begun then.

All we know from the bible is that God created the earth in '7 days' - literal days or otherwise, we cannot be certain, unless you insist on a literal explanation, your 6,000 years ago cannot be validated.

Carbon dating and other methods, used to validate the age of dead sea scrolls and other archeological evidence of the existence of Christ and his teachings ALSO tell us the earth is much older. You can't pick and choose when it comes to this - either carbon dating is wrong (also miscalculating the dates of biblical events) or it is right (pointing to life existing way beyond 6,600 years)

I am a Christian, but I do not believe in boxing myself into a corner about the age of the earth. The bible says a minute is like a 1,000 years before the Lord, so I would be wary in accepting literal time scales if I were you.

Besides, who says 'evolutionists' have a growth curve leading to 150,000 persons/inch? undecided

Are you saying that if the earth was populated for another 3milion years (assuming your biblical timescale is accurate) we would reach such a figure? It is unlikely that the earth could ever support such a number - that alone disproves the idea of any 'growth curve'.

There is no need to concoct doubtful theories to support God - He is self sufficient and self proving. This attempt only serves as a distraction, and is clearly not quality scholarly endeavour.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by toneyb: 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Here are evidences that further supports the biblical account of a young earth.  With a little bit of Mathematics we can calculate how we arrived at a population of about 6.7 billion people on earth today.

Population Studies Indicate A Young Planet Earth

According to the Star Tribune Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, July 24, 1999, "Last weekend the world's population topped 6 billion".
In 1985 there were 5 billion people in the world.
In the year 1800 there were only 1 billion people in the whole world.
In the year 3 BC a Roman Census at the time of the Birth of Jesus Christ indicated that the population of the world was 250 million.
All text books teach that, and the world's population is growing rapidly.

Illustration from Merrill Earth Science 1993, p.503
(Check the link below for the graph or chart of the population growth of modern humans)

Year World Population

2000 6 Billion
1985 5 Billion
1800 1 Billion
3BC 250 Million

The Bible teaches that:

[list]
[li]6,000 years ago God created the Universe.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]4,400 years ago there was a Flood which destroyed everyone except for 8 people. [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The current population curve started 4,400 years ago. [/li]
[/list]

Current growth curve based on Biblical time scales

[list]
[li]If you start with 8 people 4,400 years ago, after Noah's Flood, a population of 6 Billion people over 4,400 years is perfectly reasonable. [/li]
[/list]

Current growth curve based on Evolutionary Theory

[list]
[li]Evolutionists believe that the Earth is billions of years old, and that Human Life evolved millions of years ago. [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]If Human Life started 3 million years ago, we would now have a world population of 150,000 people per square inch, and that is incredibly crowded! [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The population growth curve clearly demonstrates that Human Life did not start[b] 3 million [/b] years ago. [/li]
[/list] 

http://www.finalfrontier.org.uk/index.php?main=3&sub=1&page=22

Is this a joke or what? Pls can you tell me the population of China and India put together in 3BC?

In the year 3 BC a Roman Census at the time of the Birth of Jesus Christ indicated that the population of the world was 250 million

How does a census that was carried out by the romans to know the population of the people living under their empire amount to the population of the earth? did they include the population of China,  India, Japan, North and south America, Africa?or is the whole world the countries that fall under the Roman empire? This is asinine.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2009
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.  You cannot serve two masters, you either accept the Word of God as is recorded in the bible as the absolute authority or you accept the assumptions of man, as in their fallible philosopies, i.e. evolution theories as you absolute authority, the choice is yours.  But if anyone claims to believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and refuses to accept the Bible as his final authority and also refuses to believe what Jesus and His apostles had to say about the creation account in Genesis, such a person has not only compromised his faith but is worse than an evolutionist who doesn't believe in the existence of God. Consider the implications of what the earth would have been like millions of years ago.

Now imagine what the earth's pace would have been like going by man's fallible theory of the earth being evolved millions of years ago.

The Earth Is Slowing Down

Because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, the Earth is slowing down.  In fact the whole Universe is slowing down.  The Earth is spinning at approximately 1000 miles per hour at the equator, but it is slowing down.  The Earth is slowing down at a rate of 1/1000 second per day.

Regular clocks use days as a measure, which are growing longer by a thousandth of a second or more daily as Earth's rotation slows down.

According to Astronomy Magazine, June 1992, p 24, "The Earth's Rotation is slowing down.  To compensate for this lagging motion, June will be one second longer than normal.  This 'Leap Second' announced by the International Earth Rotation Service in February, will keep calendar time in close alignment with international time."

Addition of Leap Seconds

To allow for the slowing of the Earth, leap seconds are added to the international cosmic clocks every 18 months.  The following are the past Leap Seconds recorded by the International Earth Rotation Service:

Jan. 1973
Jan. 1974
Jan. 1975
Jan. 1976
Jan. 1977
Jan. 1978
Jan. 1979
Jan. 1980
July 1981
July 1982
July 1983
July 1985
Jan. 1988
Jan. 1990
Jan. 1991
July 1992
July 1993
July 1994
Jan. 1996

Leap seconds are added approximately every 18 months.

If the Earth is only 6,000 years old, as the Bible says, there is no problem:
In the time of Adam the Earth was spinning slightly faster.
The 24 hour day would have elapsed slightly faster, but the difference would not be noticeable.
This may explain why the Babylonians had a 360 day year, instead of our current 365 day year.
If the Earth is billions of years old, as the Evolutionists claim, this would pose enormous problems.

The Earth would have been spinning much faster.
The 24 hour days would have been compressed into a few seconds only.
The Centrifugal Force would be a major problem.
Centrifugal force is that force that tends to maintain the direction of a moving object in the direction of its current movement.
If the Earth was billions of years old the Centrifugal force would be so high that everything and everyone would actually fly into space!
The winds would have been 5,000 miles per hour, due to the Coriolis Effect.
If the dinosaurs lived 200 million years ago they would have been blown away from the Earth!

http://www.finalfrontier.org.uk/index.php?main=3&sub=1&page=21
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by debosky(m): 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.  You cannot serve two masters, you either accept the Word of God as is recorded in the bible as the absolute authority or you accept the assumptions of man, as in their fallible philosopies, i.e. evolution theories as you absolute authority, the choice is yours.  But if anyone claims to believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and refuses to accept the Bible as his final authority and also refuses to believe what Jesus and His apostles had to say about the creation account in Genesis, such a person has not only compromised his faith but is worse than an evolutionist who doesn't believe in the existence of God. 
This kind of thinking is very dangerous - any challenge to false theories is interpreted as not believing the bible. The bible IS the final authority, but it does not put FIRM time scales on creation. It says 'IN THE BEGINNING'.

If you take the liberty of INTERPRETING that beginning to be 6,400 years ago, that is your problem, not mine.

Did Jesus and his apostles tell you the amount of time between THE BEGINNING and the time of Jesus?  undecided

They listed a genealogy - that is, from Adam to Jesus, not anything prior to that. Besides, that account is set up for a theological reason based on generations, not as a proof of the earth's age.

Once again, do not hold on to your interpretation of things too firmly. Your brothers in the Catholic Church did the same thing to Copernicus, calling him a heretic for saying the earth was revolving, contrary to their MISGUIDED theory that the earth was the center of the universe.

No one is talking about 'assumptions' here - you are the one making them up (or quoting them).

The speed of rotation of the earth is dependent on so many things, not least the gravitational pull of the sun. There are varying solar seasons, varying ice quantities on the poles amongst other factors that could affect the Earth's rotation.
Again, this analysis is simplistic at best. Asteroid hits, variations in magnetic activity and solar winds can affect speed of rotation of the earth.

This attempt to forcefully FIT everything into some 6,400 year strait jacket is wrong.

The earth was uninhabitable when God created it, His Spirit moved over the surface. Who knows how long the word of God took before it came to pass? All we know is that it came to pass.

Once again, there is no need for false theories to justify God and His Creation. Your lack of comprehension of a matter does not render it false.
I do not hold on to 6,400 years as the anchor of my belief - a God who is from everlasting to everlasting is not threatened by timescales.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by debosky(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2009
Let me post an alternate view. Note that I don't necessarily agree with these, but they are interpretations of this same text that some want to force on others as COMPULSORILY meaning 6,400 years.

Expanding time theory: Gerald Schroeder, an Israeli physicist, suggests that the first day of creation is 24 hours long, when viewed from the "beginning of time perspective" -- from the perspective of the "big bang." It lasted eight billion years from our perspective. Each of the remaining five days lasted half as long as the previous day: four billion, two billion, one billion, half billion, quarter billion. This ads up to 15.75 billion years, which agrees closely with modern "big bang" cosmology.

Revelatory-day theory: Perhaps God showed Moses the sequence of events that made up creation -- something like a TV documentary. Perhaps God took 6 days to complete the demonstration. Moses, in writing the first chapters of Genesis was describing the illustration, not the original creation.

Seven-day theory: God created the universe over a period of six days, each 24 hours long. This happened an unknowable but very long time ago.

Revelatory-device theory: The author(s) of Genesis used "days" as a literary technique to organize his description of creation -- similar to a playwright organizing a play into six acts. An analogy might be a description of a construction project. A building might be portrayed as being built in many phases: phase 1 would be excavation; phase 2 would be pouring of the foundation; phase 3 would the erecting the steelwork, etc. Perhaps the author(s) are using "day" where other writers might indicate "phase."

Indefinite-age theory: (a.k.a. Old Earth creationism) The six days in Genesis were not 24 hours long. Rather, they were extremely long intervals of time. Each was perhaps millions or hundreds of millions of years long. [b]They do not assign a specific length to any of the Genesis "days", but believe that God created the earth and its life forms in the sequence specified in Genesis, over an interval of time lasting billions of years. [/b]They accept various scientific observations and measurements which indicate that the earth has been in existence for billions of years. However, they reject biological evolution. They believe that God created various "kinds" of animals and that no new species have been developed since creation.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_world1.htm#yom
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by toneyb: 12:40am On Feb 12, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

I have been through some of your post here and all you do at is denying that fossils exist, misquoting scientist, omitting information that disproves your own claim, attacking science with misinformation about science and listing creation websites as your scientific sources.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by Ndipe(m): 2:29am On Feb 12, 2009
@debosky, Suggestion should be limited, not 'threatened' by timescales.
Re: The Beauty Of Mathematics by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08am On Feb 12, 2009
@debosky and all those who think that they are "Christians", listen and read what hard core evolutionists think about their theories.

William Provine's quote sums up all the modern evolutionary biology.  "Let me summarize my views on what modern evolutionary biology tells us loud and clear . . .  There are no gods, no purpose, no goal-directed forces of any kind." 
William Provine(Professor, Cornell University), Origins Research, Vol.16:1/2(1994),p.9, quoted in Technical Journal, vol.10:1(1996),p.22.

This shows that the foundation of the religion of evolutionary theory is based on materialism, and thereby it is the ideology that there is no creator God.  This is so because they want to counter Christian beliefs and to escape from accountability to a creator God, they reckon that if there is no law there will be no law giver that they will be accountable to, so they thereby go on to form their own theories that have no scientific backing and this explains why their theories have remained just a theory, conjecture or hypothesis and have not been able to progress into a scientific law because it is unworkable, irrational, unreasonable, illogical and unscientific.

God has all the answers because He was there to observe has given us the answers not only in creation but in His written Holy Word, The Bible.  The answers as to who created, what was created, how it was created, when it was created and how long it took for Him to create.  It is either you choose to believe Him or to believe man's fallible theories that changes by the day.

[list]
[li]1.  Who created?------------God[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]2.  What was created?  ----All things[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]3.  How was it created?--- By His Power[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]4.  When was it created?—In the beginning[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]5.  How long did it take to
     Create?------------------- 6 days[/li]
[/list]

Some top and highly qualified Hebrew scolars, who are called lexigraphers wrote in the most widely recognised Hebrew lexicons and dictionaries, published in the 20th century says that the creation days written in the book of Genesis are literal days.

Below is a partial list of scientists who believe in the Bible's account of creation as is recorded in the Bible and through their professional fields have come to the scientific conclusion that confirms the Bible's account:

[list]
[li]Danny Faulkner         Ph.D.  Astronomy
John Byl                     Ph.D.  Astronomy
Tom Greene               Ph.D.  Astronomy
James Dire                 Ph.D.  Astrophysics
Dave Harrison            Ph.D. Astrophysics
Steven Boyd               Ph.D. Hebraic and Cognitive Studies
Floyd Nolen Jones     Th.D., Ph.D.  Author of Chronology of the Old Testament
Herb Hirt                    Ph.D.  Biblical Exposition
Robert Cole                Ph.D.  Semitic languages
Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon
Georgia Purdon          Ph.D. Molecular Genetics
Duane Gish                Ph.D. Biochemistry
David Menton            Ph.D. Cell Biology
Donald Chittick          Ph.D.  Physical Chemistry
Tom Greene              Ph.D.  Astronomy
Jason Lisle                Ph.D.  Astrophysics
Russell Humphreys   Ph.D  Physics
Don DeYoung            Ph.D.  Physics
Terry Mortenson       Ph.D. History of Geology
John baumgardner   Ph.D. Geophysics
Bob Compton            Ph.D. Physiology, DVM
Andy McIntosh         Ph.D.  Combustion Theory
John Johnson           Ph.D. Mathematics
Tommy Mitchel          M.D.
Andrew Snelling       Ph.D. Geology
Emil Silvestre           Ph.D. Geology
Esther Su                 Ph.D. Biochemistry
David DeWitt           Ph.D. Neuroscience[/li]
[/list]

And above all is the One who knows it all with absolute certainty and has recorded it with His own caligraphy:

God Almighty in the  The Ten Commandments

"For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."  Exodus 20:11

For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers:  all things were created by Him, and for him.”  Colossians 1:16

Which is the strong foundation that makes the faith of those who choose to believe in Him, based on rock solid evidence.

At your own time read the following passages if you believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac or Jacob.

(Exodus 20:11;God created all things by Jesus Christ. Gen.1:1; Colossians1:15-18,20; John 1:3; Ephesians 3:9; Heb.1:1-2; 11:3)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ifa Divination ~ How To Consult Ifa / "Re-Electing Buhari Will Perpetuate Suffering" - Bishop Chukwuma / All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 270
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.