Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? (1614 Views)

Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / What About Nigeria Excites non-Nigerians? / Non-nigerians Pls Identify Urself Here. Let Us Into Ur Beliefs/cultures/traditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by onila(f): 3:31am On Dec 20, 2011
most of the time dey complain am too loud or too straight forward-blunt
dey also say am too tough ¸
I get along with my fellow Nigerians really well but dese other Africans are just too laid back, quiet and boring sad
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by Freesia(f): 4:42am On Dec 20, 2011
It could be a mind set,You might always think you won't get on with them because they are not Nigerian.Out of 50+ countries in Africa and not even one that you have had a connection with??.
You must only be coming across the laid back ones,There is some LOUD,tough Africans out there that are not Nigerian lol
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by pendo89(f): 7:01am On Dec 20, 2011
You got urself to blame.Whenever you have problems interacting with people from diverse cultures look within you and therein lies the problem.
You could be too proud or a show off. The loud part I agree. I am yet to meet a nigerian who doesn't shout.And I mean it.
Most Africans are kind and welcoming so check out yourself.
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by Ranoscky(m): 8:17am On Dec 20, 2011
pendo89:

You got urself to blame.Whenever you have problems interacting with people from diverse cultures look within you and therein lies the problem.
You could be too proud or a show off. The loud part I agree. I am yet to meet a nigerian who [b]doesn't shout.[/b]And I mean it.
Most Africans are kind and welcoming so check out yourself.
As in?
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by tpia5: 11:50am On Dec 20, 2011
Many africans arent kind and welcoming oh.

A lot of them do worse or the same things they accuse nigerians of.

These days nobody holy pass abeg.
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by iice(f): 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2011
Seen no evidence of it on here but they say people online can be different from their real person. Sounds exhausting.

Anyway, i usually don't get along with my fellow Nigerians. Too different in ideas, thoughts, manner and character.
Funny enough i get along with other Africans.
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 21, 2011
Being loud is quite irritating. But everyone has their own usefulness. cheesy
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by OneNaira6: 8:18am On Dec 21, 2011
onila:

most of the time dey complain am too loud or too straight forward-blunt
dey also say am too tough ¸
I get along with my fellow Nigerians really well but dese other Africans are [b]just too laid back, quiet and boring[/b] sad

This is how people are suppose to be. No offense to you but being loud and blunt can be annoying to majority of people, maybe that's why they don't get you. Nigerians are very loud and obnoxious group so such behavior would not affect a Nigerian. I will not advise you to change yourself but acting less Nigerian might help.
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by onila(f): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
I will act the way I want. .I wont change my atitude for any boring African!
Re: Why Dont I Get Along With My Fellow Africans(non Nigerians)? by tpia5: 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2011
isnt this thread s.tupid?

can we please stop wasting valuable bandwidth.

some topics are too irrelevant and very irritating.

i have honestly never seen people as d.aft as this internet generation.

(1) (Reply)

"Africa - Most Of It - Wasn't Great [photo] / Happy Fourth Of July Images And Pictures 2015 / Edos In The Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.