Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,575 members, 7,770,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth (17674 Views)

Mad Woman Gives Birth In Ghana Again. Photos / I Don’t Want To Die Like This – Woman Shot, Abandoned At Luth By SARS (Pic) / Pictures From The Fire At LUTH Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Tradenews: 11:24am On Dec 20, 2011
EVEN the doctors thought they were dealing with four.

But the woman was delivered of a set of five babies at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi Araba, Lagos Mainland.
The woman, who is said to be a mother of one, is married to a lawyer.

Born last Friday, three of the quintuplets – two boys and three girls – weighed 1.5kg, 1.55kg and 1.7kg. The others weighed 1.8kg. All five are said to be very stable in the neo- natal unit of the hospital. Their mother has been transferred to the ward.

The “lucky” father was yet to be identified yesterday.
During the pregnancy, the scan had picked four of the babies. The doctors were shocked to find the fifth during the caesarean operation.

By Oyeyemi Gbenga-Mustapha: The Nation Newspapers reported.

http://www.tradenewswire.net/archives/13213
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by highland(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2011
Christmas babies. Thank God for safe delivery for her.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by kelz88(f): 2:31am On Dec 21, 2011
The more the merrier.

Hope they're not troublesome. Waking up at night to feed/soothe one baby is hard work as it is. Good luck to them.
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Honeycity(f): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2011
i guess she must have conceived them through ivf undecided
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by babaowo: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2011
heh!heh!!! for naija? watin his husband doing?why not in US or canada, i pray almighty God will supply the needs of this family,
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2011
God pls, i dont need this much at a time abeg, haba. how would the woman breast feed them, carry them, travel with them and maybe do some house work. abeg abeg, i dont think i like this one bit sad sad.

imagine, going on a holiday trip, you have to buy 7 tickets, book 7 rooms , pay for 7 plates of food etc etc.
now the man has to get a mini van asap and even by force

the womans boobs is bound to head south, the shape and beauty may also be gone

God pls dont give more than two at a time and three in total,pls am begging in the open
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Ventrue: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
glory be to almighty father our god
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by papagiddy(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
wonderful, God crown the year with Gladness!!!!
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by donkennyakademy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2011
thank god 4 this miraculous did. i know in a case like this the government will take their responsibility by seeing 2 the up keep of those babies.
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by freepeople: 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
aguiyi:

God pls, i dont need this much at a time abeg, haba. how would the woman bosom feed them, carry them, travel with them and maybe do some house work. abeg abeg, i dont think i like this one bit sad sad.

imagine, going on a holiday trip, you have to buy 7 tickets, book 7 rooms , pay for 7 plates of food etc etc.

the womans bosoms is bound to head south, the shape and beauty may also be gone

God pls dont give more than two at a time and three in total,pls am begging in the open

Whether she breastfeeds or not, her bossom must obey the law of gravity.

BTW I'm glad she had a safe delivery and say welcome to the world's newest citizens.
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by ochiaha1(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
My congratulations to the couple with the quintuplets, may the Good Lord supply all their needs abundantly.

Many Nigerian Couples are now having Quadriplets (4 babies), Quintuplets  (5 babies) and Sextuplets (six babies) due to the increasing use of fertility drugs among couples. I hope our medical personnel will advise couples appropriately on the use of fertility drugs so that couples in search of children do not abuse them and hence cause the wives to conceive and be delivered of so many children at once which the couples may not be financially, emotionally and physically prepared for.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by freepeople: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
aguiyi:

God pls, i dont need this much at a time abeg, haba. how would the woman bosom feed them, carry them, travel with them and maybe do some house work. abeg abeg, i dont think i like this one bit sad sad.

the womans bosoms is bound to head south, the shape and beauty may also be gone

Whether she breastfeeds or not, her bossom must obey the law of gravity.

BTW I'm glad she had a safe delivery and I say welcome to the world's newest citizens.
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by purefella(m): 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2011
I am happy Hallelujah
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2011
may Allah, in His infinite mercies, provide for the couples and the likes of them. surely, He is the best of providers. amin
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2011
This guy na bad guy.does anyone know how i can get to him ,Me sef wan born triplet o ?
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Bestglo(f): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2011
Thank God for his infinite mercies & may he see them through it all
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by engrj(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
Thank God Is a New thin and Wave of Glory.
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by samyng(m): 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2011
Praise GOD, What a Miracle those are miracle babies
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by slap1(m): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2011
Congrats to her and thanks to God. . . I do hope that her br.ea.sts are ready for the challenge. . .
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by daroz(m): 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
All the babes are in stable condition, Thank you Jesus.
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Ndkings1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
I hope that ur governor fashola, wil come 2 their aid.

all thesame
glory b 2 god 4 d sef dèlivry is not easy
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2011
Glory be to God in the highest. God in His infinite mercies will provide for the family the resources needed for the upkeep of those children. It's the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in our sight
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by appleart: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2011
The Lord is so great and wonderful in His doings, Who can we blame Him? No. He is knower and doer of all Things,
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Eagle75: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2011
To God be All the Glory!!!! if God do this for me i will be most grateful.
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Empiror: 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
Congrats!!!!!!! Mine also is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by eghost247(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
Congratulations
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by DereI(f): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2011
I throway salute give you joor, This is awesome, And they are all in good condition for that matter. Thank God for you,

If your hubby wan near u again ehn, Knack him hand comot ooo grin
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by Baawaa(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2011
That is God doing!!Unquestionable you are GOD
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by itiswell1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
Congratulations. But wait, what will be there names.
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by DereI(f): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
it is well:

Congratulations. But wait, what will be there names.
Taiye

Kehinde

Idowu

Alaba

Alaba Jnr

grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by honeric01(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
I so much pity this woman and the husband, with oil subsidy to be removed, how are they going to cope with feeding and taking care of these babies? we are not sure yet if they had children before these "unfortunate" 5 again, oga o.

i hope the husband won't run away sha and i also hope he's not a gateman or one petty civil servant out there.

This God self, your ways are so, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria: Woman Gives Birth To Five Babies At Luth by omohunwa: 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
This is wonderful, 5 children at once and they are all hale and hearty! God is indeed marvellous.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. / Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? / Mystery As Unemployed Man Runs Mad, Dies In Friend’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.