Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:53 AM

How To Prepare Stew - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Stew (69851 Views)

Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat / How To Prepare Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare Stew by IzzNet01(m): 1:41am On Nov 11, 2007
My mother stopped by my apartment in Baltimore last week and left me some yam before heading to Nigeria. My family usually boils it and eats it with corned beef and spinach stew. unfortunately, I dont know how to prepare stew using these ingredients. Can anyone help me?

I have:
3 Cans of tomato paste
3 Cans of tomato sauce
pepper (HOt, ground, black)
table salt
onions
garlic
ginger
seasoned salt
Chicken maggi cubes
2 Cans of corned beef
olive oil

and of course the yam and frozen spinach

I thought that this is all I would need to make it but when I tried to make it earlier it did not turn out properly. Must I need fresh tomatoes or can I make do with what I have? Maybe (Most likely) I did not know what I was doing. Any suiggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Re: How To Prepare Stew by Godsgirl(f): 12:31am On Jan 31, 2008
Wow, Boon!!! are you kidding me Very nice!! good job! cheesy
Re: How To Prepare Stew by polynesian(f): 9:46am On May 02, 2010
lmaooo@dreamnaira frm page 1
you smartass
Re: How To Prepare Stew by Tonimario: 9:26am On Dec 19, 2010
dear amaka one i am
really impressed with your cooking.please can you send me your e-cookbook&maggi kitchen cookbook at this email address mascochi@yahoo.com.thank you and God bless.
Please can any other person help out with the above.
Re: How To Prepare Stew by trexglox(f): 6:00am On Nov 18, 2013
Helloooooooo
Re: How To Prepare Stew by chidarl85: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2013
Hello dear...you can go to http://chichiscuisine..com/2013/10/good-ol-rice-and-stew.html?m=0 for delicious rice n stew recipe.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Stew by Liv4Christ: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
ibis: scoop ur tin tomato into a blender and blend it with some onions first or when blending your fresh tomatos, join the tin tomatoes with it and blend it with onions.

then when you put in the oil to start makin ur stew you put in the whole mixture so they fry together from the start. this takes out the raw sour strong taste that tin toatoes can give.
Very correct but i don't kn about the onions and if u want to use only tin tomato mix it with enough water b4 frying.
Re: How To Prepare Stew by chelseabmw(m): 10:55am On Oct 19, 2014
Nice thread for people like us grin
Re: How To Prepare Stew by lyndchi(f): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
Really had fun reading this thread
Re: How To Prepare Stew by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
Tried making tomatoes stew once by following a lady's tutorial video on YouTube. smiley
Turned out okay....but practice makes perfect
Re: How To Prepare Stew by millhouse: 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
numen:
This is how to cook a delicious stew. You will need:

1. Grounded/Blended Onions
2. Grounded/Blended Tomatoes with tatashi(Boil the mixture till it is dry. Be careful dont get it bu[/b]rnt)
3. Tin Tomatoes
4. Curry Leaves
5. Thyme
6. Groundnut Oil/Olive Oil/Palm Oil
7. Meat/Fish

[b]This is how I personally cook mine and its always tasty.

a. I boil my meat/fish with a cube of maggi, a pinch of salt, grounded pepper and a little chopped onions.

b. After boiling my meat/fish I fry it.

c. I get a dry pot and pour in my desired amount of groundnut oil and let it heat(heating is necessary to remove the smell from some oils that have scent and also to get it ready for frying)

d. When the oil is hot I add the onions, curry leaves and thyme to fry first(I do this so that their flavour will enter the oil)

e. When the onions turns to light brown I add the cooked tomatoes and tin tomatoes to the frying mixture and stir for some minutes or until the oil discolorates to red.

f. They I add my meat, water and other ingredients(like maggi, salt, pepper, chicken flavour etc)

g. Taste the mixture, if its ok with you, allow it to boil for some time. Evaporating some of the water so that your stew wont be watery. Bring it down when you are ok with the thickness/water content.
thanks
Re: How To Prepare Stew by richG: 5:45am On Apr 03, 2018
Re: How To Prepare Stew by Rubyventures: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2018
dearfriend:
Can someone please teach me how to prepare stew with fresh tomato and tin tomato mixed together. Infact its becoming so embarrassing that no matter how i prepare mine, the taste is sour even with all the spices i add.

https://www.nairaland.com/3474844/how-make-goat-meat-stew
Re: How To Prepare Stew by ama19: 11:55pm On May 06, 2022
Here is my simple recipe for a tasty stew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SxunNxDA1U
Re: How To Prepare Stew by sylve11: 7:39am On Jun 03, 2022
LadyTi1:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fidelity bank now sells delicious stew  

@jjuummaaii (f)
hehehehehe  grin grin grin

My secret is:
First: Fry chopped or sliced onions in your oil to bring out the onion flavour - Before it starts getting brown, add the puree (tinned tommatoes) and stir-fry on medium heat for about 5 - 10 minutes till it's dry - stirring it continuously.

Then add your blended fresh tomato/onion/pepper mixture. As others have said, it's best to boil your blended tomatoes sparately till it's dry before you start cookingcoz it makes your stew dry and tasty. Add lots of Maggi cubes for taste.

I normally don't add meat stock coz it gives it a strong "meaty" tatse/smell by the next day.

Like adding a lot of maggi cubes in your stew? For wetin na? Who wan eat food wey them put over maggi? I am still a better cook to some of these girls, I believe so. cool
Re: How To Prepare Stew by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2022
dearfriend:
Can someone please teach me how to prepare stew with fresh tomato and tin tomato mixed together. Infact its becoming so embarrassing that no matter how i prepare mine, the taste is sour even with all the spices i add.

Follow this step by step video and you can also reach me in the comment section for any challenges. We all started one day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpiqYHTFo8E
Re: How To Prepare Stew by Goalnaldo(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2023
Nice thread. This was when nairaland was sane. Men and women respected each other then not the fire and brimstone we experience today. Most of the users deactivate, omo kobojunkie, you are an oldie.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Stew by Alberttahir: 6:53am On Jan 08
Nice and interesting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys! See The Lunch I Wasted 1700 For. Abeg, Ill Rather Cook My Meals Henceforth / The Big Rat My Dog Caught Overnight / Aju Mbaise For Flat Tummy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.