Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 (8908 Views)

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 / Top Ten Hit Tracks Of 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 27, 2011
^^Nope, there is more of the song available online, between an album dont increase in sales if it was a flop after the first two weeks, instead it declines, but that was not the case of the album, it keep rising till it got to it pick
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2011
Unless you're P-Square. That's what happens when you earn the respect of millions of fans with successful preceding albums globally. They become loyal.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2011
^^^Bia take time o, dont try to manipulate me o grin, Tell me, wetin Tuface sing 4 that album with implication?
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2011
Why are you changing subject? Are any of Tuface's albums on the list? Lol he has loyal fans too. That's why "Implication" and that album are what they are. I don't think that's his best effort. "Grass 2 Grace" was.

My question still stands sha. Any album from 2011 that can be called a great album dey? Besides the five listed, there were albums from Wizkid, Ice Prince, Jaywon lol. They all had their flaws, and their flaws get orobo. You can hold them up to Nigerian standards and call them great, but generally? No way. As Nigerians, our standards need to rise. We can't have heavy complaints about these musicians but still call them great because they are such and such or because we, ourselves, haven't made our own songs, deeming our opinions void. It's only in our industry that musicians grow because we like beats and a song's "danceability", rather than criticism on the song's quality in terms of music and lyrical composition. I'm no Angel Gabriel. I'm guilty of it at times. That's why I'm voicing it as well.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 27, 2011
^^ But forbes magazine says it all
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 27, 2011
Forbes na your Bible?
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 27, 2011
Lol, standard rater
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by eleshin(m): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
Invasion is not a great album jor! So cos dey play damoche obo to she everywhere now his album if he has any is classic? Same applies to konga with dat popular kabakaba song.psquare,2face,9ice albums wd always go platinum in naija! Irrespective of hw wack d album is.Invasion is jst an extension of deir old albums notin new
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by emmy04(m): 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2011
plz o, i dont see Vector, iceprince and olamide and jaywon's album on dis list. God punish every PSQUARE hater!!! IVASION WAS THE BEST ALBUM THIS YEAR, PERIOD!!!!
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2011
Lol that means all 2011 albums were lackluster then.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by emedizzla(m): 10:51am On Dec 28, 2011
The double dare album is ok, nd Naeto c is very very good, super c season. Notin is wrong with P-square.
Guy, hw u dey rate sef?
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by LoveKing(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
Nigerian music needs to rise above this mediocre state. Psquare should stop using all digital beats and monotonous sounds, sounds too un-stereo. The songs in Invasion sounded like their last effort, na hype save them. Lets see what next.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by emmy04(m): 12:29am On Dec 29, 2011
well, after hit tracks lyk, CHOP MY MONEY, DO AS I DO, ASAMPOKOTO, FOREVER, BUNIE-YA and OLE BURUKU, all from INVASION ALBUM (Psquare), person go com open smelling mouth say na disappointing Album. nawao, 9ICE wack album never reach my town o,
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 29, 2011
What makes them hit tracks? "Forever" and "Bunie Ya Enu" are some of the lamest tracks from the Okoye twins. If you want reason, I go give you.

I still haven't found Kas's album lmao.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by mailmalc(m): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Ogugua I quite agree with you. Let's jst say the INVASION album was a commercial success nd a gud album goin by the "Nigerian standards" but srzly, the Nigerian standard is a "no standard" so the album basically is just ther. Same style, same kinda approach, same choice of instrumentals, take away the contribution of MAY D nd u'll hav d same kinda sound.
"You must chop my money" , Catchy, danceable but in the real sense it's sort of stupid. Not trying to discredit 'em EJIMA duo of Peter nd Paul. They'v done their part, they r successful nd dat counts cheesy
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by yoji: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2011
Its just plain hatin for someone to diss p square for maintaining the same style that brought them fame. Psquare aint anita baker so live with it! I really enjoyed super c season so I don't get wat its doin on dat list.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by oddy4real(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
Who said 9ice's albums are wack? If I hear. I know say na play sha
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2011
mailmalc:
@Ogugua I quite agree with you. Let's jst say the INVASION album was a commercial success nd a gud album goin by the "Nigerian standards" but srzly, the Nigerian standard is a "no standard" so the album basically is just ther. Same style, same kinda approach, same choice of instrumentals, take away the contribution of MAY D nd u'll hav d same kinda sound.
"You must chop my money" , Catchy, danceable but in the real sense it's sort of silly. Not trying to discredit 'em EJIMA duo of Peter nd Paul. They'v done their part, they r successful nd dat counts cheesy

Gbam.

yoji:
Its just plain hatin for someone to diss p square for maintaining the same style that brought them fame. Psquare aint anita baker so live with it! I really enjoyed super c season so I don't get wat its doin on dat list.

The "h" word has arrived. If we love our artists so much, then we should offer them constructive criticism. Those that have your best interests at heart will point out flaws. We all have them as no one is perfect. With that said, P-Square has released five albums in nearly a decade. They are 31 now. They should grow. They should reinvent themselves. I remember when Peter had the album naming competition on twitter, he said the album wouldn't be named after a track as they wanted things to be different this time around. I had hope o! I thought the album would be new, but it was the same P-Square.

No one is discrediting their success, like mailmalc said. They are a very talented duo. In terms of most successful Nigerian artists, they should be in everyone's top 3 list. We expect more from them. That's all. Legends reinvent themselves. That's how they become legendary.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by yoji: 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2011
I still don't get it. P square's talent is not about song writtin or singing so wat's this re-invention supposed to entail. Even if they evolve into classy ne-yo type artists, we'l probably guess ghost writers are involved. They will always b judged as entertainers in d mould of d'banj. Their strenght is simply making danceable tunes which they still do very well. Its like xpecting sean paul to re-invent himself into ne-yo! E no go work.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by mikuz(m): 5:42am On Dec 30, 2011
dnt u get it?
yoji we aint saying psquare should transform themselves into neyo or something like that.we are all saying they should just improved on the quality of songs they dish out and expecially the lyrics. Is that too much to ask?
Compared to psquare's previous albums to me this one was sooooo disappointing,period!
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by emmy04(m): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2011
How's "forever and bunie-ya" lame? KAI!! haters, i wonder wat u people want from Psquare after 5 successful albums. If u dont lyk their style of music, plz go listen 2 ur D'banj or 9ice. i luv Psquare and their music, not even 2face can sell lyk dem!!! Wait for their videos to com out. As for 9ice, hahahaha, dat one wey na only Lagosians/yoruba dey buy him recent album. WACK!!!
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by emmy04(m): 9:18am On Dec 30, 2011
Psquare aint in no singing competition, dey r here 2 make money and if singing "rubbish" puts money in their PoCkEtS, so why the hell do they need 2 change? i hate pple who complain 4 no gud reason. U dont xpect every1 to be lyk 2face. DAMN!!! after hard days work, we need to dance too.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2011
emmy04:
Psquare aint in no singing competition, dey r here 2 make money and if singing "rubbish" puts money in their PoCkEtS, so why the hell do they need 2 change? i hate pple who complain 4 no gud reason. U dont xpect every1 to be lyk 2face. DAMN!!! after hard days work, we need to dance too.

Very bad mentality. It seems that's the mentality most of our artists have as well. Such a shame.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by ektbear: 9:41am On Dec 30, 2011
ogugua88:

Very bad mentality. It seems that's the mentality most of our artists have as well. Such a shame.

Congratulations. When is the wedding? smiley
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 31, 2011
12.21.12 cheesy lol
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by lalaboi(m): 1:29am On Dec 31, 2011
ogugua88:

12.21.12 cheesy lol

Are we invited grin
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 31, 2011
Open invitation! Celebrating the end with a bang! lol
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by tayoast(m): 3:33am On Dec 31, 2011
P-Square's Invasion is a big disappointment.

Forever is the only track that cuts it really.

Darey and Naeto C didnt disappoint me.

Bracet is improving by the day. Terry G is . . .erm . . . is terry G!
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by tayoast(m): 3:41am On Dec 31, 2011
ogugua88:

What makes them hit tracks? "Forever" and "Bunie Ya Enu" are some of the lamest tracks from the Okoye twins. If you want reason, I go give you.

I still haven't found Kas's album lmao.

He released the album last quarter of 2010. I'd be surprised if u find it anywhere.

emmy04:

9ICE wack album never reach my town o,

emmy04:

As for 9ice, hahahaha, dat one wey na only Lagosians/yoruba dey buy him recent album. WACK!!!

You didnt buy an album yet you av the audacity to tag it wack? Shame
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by xtianh(m): 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2011
Most of this haters here, just gve them Mic, they will produce a song that only their friends will buy for just buying sake. I bought p square album the first day i saw it.
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by mailmalc(m): 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Xtianh pls mind how u use the word 'hater', nobody hating here nd we all can't be musicians. Its like sayin 2baba shld come tackle some engineering ish so pls be mor constructive. Happy new year
Re: 5 Disappointing Albums Of 2011 by Yornandrew: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2011
We should repent from worldly music, Christ is coming.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sola Allyson – Praise And Worship Mp3 Download / Which Musical Instrument Do You Love The Most / [video] D’banj – "Shoulda"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.