Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,523 members, 7,958,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:26 PM

The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners (1655 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / PMB Start Fighting Corruption With Northerners... / David Mark Solely Sworn In As A Mark Of Respect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by EzeUche(m): 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2011
You cannot blame Goodluck Jonathan for this mess.

The Northerners threatened before he was even elected that they would make Nigeria ungovernable and now they are killing innocent Christians just to keep power.

We did not see these kind of bombings when Yar'Adua was president and the only reason why the North is upset now, is because we have a Christian president.

No Northerner has outright condemned these attacks and some of you foolish Southerners only want to blame GEJ.

The more bombs that I see, the more anger I have at the North. I hope I never see a Northern president again.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2011
The hausa/fulani are behind boko haram insurgency.90 percent of hausa and fulani in nigeria are actually boko haram members and sympatisers.this is why a quiet,sleepy town like damaturu can suddenly erupt the way it did.the muslims population in the north are all in support of boko haram.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by EzeUche(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2011
The silence of Northern leaders is deafening.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by manny4life(m): 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2011
@ EzeUche,

I respectfully disagree, GEJ has not been stern and firm. When you tackle security matters, you don't use a subtle and weak tone, you speak authoritatively. There's no handbook to dealing with security, GEJ needs to invoke his powers and deal with people accordingly.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by EzeUche(m): 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2011
manny4life:

@ EzeUche,

I respectfully disagree, GEJ has not been stern and firm. When you tackle security matters, you don't use a subtle and weak tone, you speak authoritatively. There's no handbook to dealing with security, GEJ needs to invoke his powers and deal with people accordingly.

How can you do anything when you have a military that is practically controlled by Northerners?

They are watching his every move and we know Northerners are sympathetic with their Northern brethren.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2011
We have no active media.

Somebody should have created an online clock on either Sahara reporters or Thisday or 234next to see how long it takes before the Sultan of Sokoto condemns this Babarism.

Sultan Sa'ad Abubakar is a disgrace to humanity and the Nigerian Army!
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
EzeUche:

How can you do anything when you have a military that is practically controlled by Northerners?

They are watching his every move and we know Northerners are sympathetic with their Northern brethren.

I think what you want to say is that how can you deal with an insurgent group if their host community are a willing accomplice.

The fact is that BokoHaram will bbe defeated aas soon as they are denounced by Hausa Fulani Muslim Northerners as whole and their host communities!
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by EzeUche(m): 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
mikeansy:

I think what you want to say is that how can you deal with an insurgent group if their host community are a willing accomplice.

The fact is that BokoHaram will bbe defeated aas soon as they are denounced by Hausa Fulani Muslim Northerners as whole and their host communities!

But they will not be denounced, because secretly, many Northerners are cheering for them to cleanse the North.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by manny4life(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2011
EzeUche:

Controlled by the North? I thought he was the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces? Looks like he hasn't assumed his position as president, more reason why he's to be blamed.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by EzeUche(m): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2011
How quick are Southerners ready to throw away their own, because a restive region wants power at all cost.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Akanbiedu(m): 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2011
Poster,

Please show me ONE post or publication, where the northerners blamed southerners when MEND was bombing, kidnapping and sabotaging Nigerian economy. Just ONE.

Jonathan is the commander-in-chief, not the northerners, he should do his damn job or resign.

1 Like

Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by manny4life(m): 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2011
EzeUche:

How quick are Southerners ready to throw away their own, because a restive region wants power at all cost.

No one is throwing anyone away, even the ones we love, we criticize them, not because they are our enemies but to correct them. We all have been blamed by our loved ones from time to time, doesn't mean they seized loving us. All I'm saying is GEJ is too calm, and sorta weak to handle security issues, homeland security issues need firmness, boldness and authority, things which I see GEJ doesn't have. If the president feels the pains of millions of Nigerians who are calling out on him to take a bold step, and STAND FIRM, GEJ would have taken the radical decision route that will rock Nigeria to its very toes.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by okosodo: 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2011
The military and the police for doing e spirit de corps with boko haram.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by EzeUche(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Poster,

Please show me ONE post or publication, where the northerners blamed southerners when MEND was bombing, kidnapping and sabotaging Nigerian economy. Just ONE.

Jonathan is the commander-in-chief, not the northerners, he should do his damn job or resign.

Your barbaric people are killing innocent worshipers in their houses of worship!  angry

When did MEND bomb places of worship?

They had a noble cause and that was to end the pollution and neglect of the Niger Delta.

There is a reason why MEND was never labeled terrorist, but Boko Haram is recognized as a terrorist organization in the West.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Poster,

Most people in the Niger-Delta made it clear that they were in support on the struggle for control of resources within their neigbourhood!!!!

So we will like to know whether the North is in Support of Boko haram or not. These people are killing people for no reason claiming they are defending a certain way of life or religion. It will make life a whole lot easier if the North can make clear where they stand on this issue.

If they do not support Boko Haram then they must reject this madness. If they do then lets have a referendum and split so they can create there own country where western education must be outlawed.

Fact is Boko Haram as we know it is calling for full blown sharia law and banishing civilization. If anybody says Boko Haram is about anything else then they should be bold enough and come out to say what they stand for.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Akanbiedu(m): 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2011
mikeansy:

Most people in the Niger-Delta made it clear that they were in support on the struggle for control of resources within their neigbourhood!!!!

So we will like to know whether the North is in Support of Boko haram or not. These people are killing people for no reason claiming they are defending a certain way of life or religion. It will make life a whole lot easier if the North can make clear where they stand on this issue.

If they do not support Boko Haram then they must reject this madness. If they do then lets have a referendum and split so they can create there own country where western education must be outlawed.

Fact is Boko Haram as we know it is calling for full blown sharia law and banishing civilization. If anybody says Boko Haram is about anything else then they should be bold enough and come out to say what they stand for.

We have a commander-in-chief, the chief security officer of the country, what's his job. Nigeria's budget for security in 2011 is N400billion naira. The security budget for 2012 is proposed N921billion naira. Now if you have an employee that you pay so much for security, you would rather blame the "others" for security breach.

people at any time can come up with their reason and feel justified just like the MEND feel but it is the job of the government to curtail that. If we want to follow your logic sir, who is the North in this case? How excatly do you want to go about asking (the north in your answer) them what they want?

1 Like

Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Akanbiedu(m): 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2011
EzeUche:

Your barbaric people are killing innocent worshipers in their houses of worship!  angry

They had a noble cause and that was to end the pollution and neglect of the Niger Delta.

There is a reason why MEND was never labeled terrorist, but Boko Haram is recognized as a terrorist organization in the West.

I asked you to show me where northerners blamed the southerners for trying to destablise yar'adua's presidency when MEND was bombing, kidnapping and maiming whatever they can lay their hands on. Where is it? Whether people are killed in their place of worship or at the eagle square, they make no difference to me. Kill is kill, there is no wrong or right killing. The bo=ttomline is Nigeria's security has been threatened and we have people employed to do that for us.

if they can not do that, they should resign. Period.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Relax101(m): 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2011
Bahari is their mentor.
Buhari never denounce them because na them him wan use contest for president in 2015.
Pics no dey lie.

Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Beaf: 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2011
^
Tell them, bruv. People just come on NL to chat shiit, as if we never saw the pictures of the rioters and as if we were not here on NL wondering when Buhari would call his armies to order. He could have at least uttered a few words of condemnation, but he never did, instead he said the riots were justified; and he said that several times over.

Buhari is a murderer.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Mynd44: 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2011
It is in times like this I miss Baba Iyabo
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nadanbata: 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I asked you to show me where northerners blamed the southerners for trying to destablise yar'adua's presidency when MEND was bombing, kidnapping and maiming whatever they can lay their hands on. Where is it? Whether people are killed in their place of worship or at the eagle square, they make no difference to me. Kill is kill, there is no wrong or right killing. The bo=ttomline is Nigeria's security has been threatened and we have people employed to do that for us.

if they can not do that, they should resign. Period.

Leave these fools. We do our talking on the ground they on Nairaland cool cool
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by efisher(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2011
All the northern governors, senators. Traditional rulers etc either completely lack vision or are extremely dumb. They are in the best position to end this mess (if they truly want to). I have said b4, until the day one of these bombs kills either the Sultan of Sokoto or one of the northern governors, they will not rise up to end the mess.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 26, 2011
Nadanbata:

Leave these fools. We do our talking on the ground they on Nairaland cool cool

and why are you here?internet almajiri. e-hypocrite.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 26, 2011
Beaf:

^
Tell them, bruv. People just come on NL to chat shiit, as if we never saw the pictures of the rioters and as if we were not here on NL wondering when Buhari would call his armies to order. He could have at least uttered a few words of condemnation, but he never did, instead he said the riots were justified; and he said that several times over.

Buhari is a murderer.

this says it all

just as team gej tried to use the october 1 bombings to rope in their opponents, they are still up to their old tricks

small wonder they cannot resolve boko haram - they need it as a bogeyman to defend their incompetence

better join your master in church and pray buhari will confess. or does your hatted dunce not know the way to buhari's house to arrest him?

useless spokesman for the grinning down syndrome fool in aso rock
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Wilywily11: 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
May the god(Allah) Moslem's worship eat my Faeces
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by PapaBrowne(m): 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

We have a commander-in-chief, the chief security officer of the country, what's his job. Nigeria's budget for security in 2011 is N400billion naira. The security budget for 2012 is proposed N921billion naira. Now if you have an employee that you pay so much for security, you would rather blame the "others" for security breach.

people at any time can come up with their reason and feel justified just like the MEND feel but it is the job of the government to curtail that. If we want to follow your logic sir, who is the North in this case? How excatly do you want to go about asking (the north in your answer) them what they want?

Incase you dont understand the impossibility in fighting terrorism when the residents are sympathetic to their cause, I would like to give you some facts about Iraq.

America has spent over 1 trillion dollars in Iraq and had double the security personnel(150,000 average) in the country than we have soldiers in Nigeria.
They have the most sophisticated forms of arsenal and intelligence. The best trained personnel the world has ever known.
Yet, bombs went up in Iraq every day. Most of the nearly 5000 American soldiers killed in Iraq were killed by terrorist IEDs.
Why couldn't they stop the blasts?? Did it have anything to do with incompetence?
Or is it the near impossibility of fighting terrorism when it is perpetuated by the enemy within?

For Israel to beat off the bomb blasts in its territories, it had to fence off the enemies that were once within. After the fencing, there have been almost no bombing incidents within Israel.

The recurrent bomb blasts in Nigeria have nothing to do with incompetence. It has everything to do with the invisibility of the perpetrators. For crying out loud, anybody could get fertilizer, make a bomb in his room, walk to any public place and explode it. No form of intelligence would track it b4 it happens.

WE JUST REALLY NEED TO SPLIT THIS COUNTRY!! We need to start outlining our strategies. We need to start building the neccesary alliances. We need to start determining how to protect ourselves from the impending doom. We need to start discussing how to avoid a Rwandan situation.

If we think these bombs would not come to Lagos someday, then we are deluded. As long as a Southerner or Christian is President, whether it is Fashola or Jonathan, Chime or Mark the bombs would continue. We can keep accusing the president of incompetence, it would change nothing.

I have researched terrorism. It has never abated in any country as long as the locals have subtle support for the terrorists.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
again the incoherent calls to split nigeria

what will that really achieve?

you think it will make boko haram go away? or that if it is a problem in a neighbouring country, it can't become your problem? ask the indians about that one.

all we need is commitment from our government - the entire government, the fg, the state governors etal. but we won't get that . they need boko haram for the 2015 elections and beyond. gej needs boko haram to stoke the fires of ethnic polarization - the northerners are killing their own because a southerner is in power (you see how ridiculous that sounds).the split nigeria brigade needs boko haram because it serves their agenda.

i don't see anything sophisticated about them - their foot soldiers can't seem to put bombs togehther with competence. lets see if the SSS will get anything out of those kaduna bombers. all of a sudden we are not hearing anything about them again. those bombers on their own should provide several leads. its incompetnec on the par of our security agencies, who ave NEVER been called upon to solve or prevent crimes in the past
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Mrc1: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2011
If a split occurs then what will happen to the Christians in the North and Muslims in the South ? There may be a terrible ethnic/religious cleansing like Yugoslavia.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Beaf: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2011
Mrc1:

If a split occurs then what will happen to the Christians in the North and Muslims in the South ? There may be a terrible ethnic/religious cleansing like Yugoslavia.

If it comes to a split, it would depend on where the borders are drawn.
Everything from Southern Kaduna will come to Nigeria, while everything above Southern Kaduna will go to Arewa. On the Western side, everything above Niger state will go to Arewa, while on the Eastern side, Bauchi and Yobe will be split, same as Taraba. The task isn't that diffcult.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Ufeolorun(m): 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^
Na food you think say you dey cook. Slicing and dicing a whole country like Alubosa.
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2011
EzeUche:

Do people killed in place of worship rank higher than people killed in their homes on the street, In their places of work, In their day to day activities by MEND?

When we have a President who chose to excuse a terror organisation in MEND, rather became their spokesman when people were killed in October 1

Imagine innocent people killed and some animals are yelling its the North? is the North our President?

When Maitsaisane started did Buhari blame the north? When Boko Haram started did Yar Adua excuse anyone?

But when we have a clueless Id10t as president who would excuse terrorist actions because they are his brothers from the creeks

How many lives do we need to lose in this country before the voted President stands up and act!!
Re: The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^

why are you even answering a brain dead child like ezeuche

last year when osisikanu was laying the glory of ndigbo to waste the Arrow could only feebly bleat ngwa like a beaten child

complete spanner in his se superiority fantasies

leave the eze of canada to spam us with his incoherent idiocy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Only Thing Sacrosanct In Nigeria Is The Qur'an-buhari / Meet The “poorest President” In The World. / 2015 Elections: Senator Aloysius Etuk Blasts Akpabio!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.