Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! (1256 Views)

How Baseless And Senseless Will This Wailing Get ? / PHOTO:That Moment When A Goat Decided To Fall NEPA Hand By Caling Spade A Spade. / Nigerian Doctors Cry Out - Let's Call A Spade A Spade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Obiagu1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2011
Whenever there's a series of attack by Boko Haram, all I see on NL is tons of threads on the issue and after that everyone goes to sleep. I think Nigerians should be classed as one of the dumbest and silliest people in the world!

When are we going to face the issue head on and address the most thorny question?
Boko Haram threads are really getting boring these days and I think everyone should just pretend, as we all do, that the issue is insignificant.

Why wail all the time but at the same time sidestep addressing the question posed by Boko Haram that they need an Islamic North?

What is an Islamic North? Arewa?
Why are Southerners in power pro One Nigeria? What's there to gain in One Nigeria?

Let's all just STFU, these killings have been going on in the North before 1960!

A Nigerian life is worthless! We all know that.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by iskoki(m): 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2011
My son, it is because the children are living in the same illusion their parents lived in. They're proclaiming one Nigeria on NTA screens while their counterparts up north are sponsoring hordes of homeless children in their violent campaigns.

Let me tell you something you know but continue to deny. This things happen with the tacit support and approval of the mallams who pay their preachers to spread the word. to their moth and kin.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Beaf: 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
You are making sense, bruv. We need to seriously begin asking the core-Northerners in very public fora about what they want. They have studiously refused to condemn boko haram, leaving that task to Sarah Jibril. Its absolutely disgraceful.
We need to begin asking them embarrassing questions, they need to be publicly taunted about their Arewa state and their sharia. We need to sit Buhari, the Sultan of Sokoto etc in a room with a lone light bulb and pointedly ask them "wagwan," if it makes them cringe, who gives a phuck?! angry

I expect the FG to become much more aggressive about this whole thing. 59 people were killed by JTF this week, if it takes rivers of blood, then so be it; action must be ratchetted up. We demand the entire 0.9 billion budget vote on security be passed; I don't need any phucking NASS member playing dice with my security.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Ejine(m): 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2011
Aye aye! angry
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Obiagu1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

You are making sense, bruv. We need to seriously begin asking the core-Northerners in very public fora about what they want. They have studiously refused to condemn boko haram, leaving that task to Sarah Jibril. Its absolutely disgraceful.
We need to begin asking them embarrassing questions, they need to be publicly taunted about their Arewa state and their sharia. We need to sit Buhari, the Sultan of Sokoto etc in a room with a lone light bulb and pointedly ask them "wagwan," if it makes them cringe, who gives a phuck?! angry

I expect the FG to become much more aggressive about this whole thing. 59 people were killed by JTF this week, if it takes rivers of blood, then so be it; action must be ratchetted up. We demand the entire 0.9 billion budget vote on security be passed; I don't need any phucking NASS member playing dice with my security.

What drives me insane is this one sided killings. They attack established authorities, they attack Christians in a never ending cycle. Northerners that have talked talked in favour of Boko Haram; some called them revolutionaries, some said their demands should be met. We Southerners shouldn't have to wait till it gets to our backyard before we start asking serious questions. People are dying, our brothers are being killed too.

What's this their demand and the revolution all about? Why not address it now we are in power? If it means confederation, let them fck off with their Islamic Arewa! If it means outright division, for goodness sake it's an opportunity to free ourselves if we still believe that human life still have some worth.

When are Christians going to act? Is this what it means to be a Christian? I think we are dumb, really dumb people.
Fck Christianity if it means we have to be sacrificed every now and then.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Beaf: 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

What drives me insane is this one sided killings. They attack established authorities, they attack Christians in a never ending cycle. Northerners that have talked talked in favour of Boko Haram; some called them revolutionaries, some said their demands should be met. We Southerners shouldn't have to wait till it gets to our backyard before we start asking serious questions. People are dying, our brothers are being killed too.

What's this their demand and the revolution all about? Why not address it now we are in power? If it means confederation, let them fck off with their Islamic Arewa! If it means outright division, for goodness sake it's an opportunity to free ourselves if we still believe that human life still have some worth.

When is Christians going to act? Is this what it means to be a Christian? I think we are dumb, really dumb people.
Fck Christianity if it means we have to be sacrificed every now and then.

I feel your pain.
The only positive is, 2015 is quite a long way away and a lot can still happen within that time. Disunity is the greatest undoing of the South, in fact there is no South so our batlle is fragmented. We just need to take our time and work to a long range plan, within ourselves and using loyal resources.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Onlytruth(m): 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

Whenever there's a series of attack by Boko Haram, all I see on NL is tons of threads on the issue and after that everyone goes to sleep. I think Nigerians should be classed as one of the dumbest and silliest people in the world!

When are we going to face the issue head on and address the most thorny question?
Boko Haram threads are really getting boring these days and I think everyone should just pretend, as we all do, that the issue is insignificant.

Why wail all the time but at the same time sidestep addressing the question posed by Boko Haram that they need an Islamic North?

[size=16pt]Why are Southerners in power pro One Nigeria?[/size] What's there to gain in One Nigeria?

Let's all just STFU, these killings have been going on in the North before 1960!

The bolded is the biggest question of the century. In fact, it needs SERIOUS research by FREE journalists in Nigeria ,because majority of Nigerian journalists are seriously compromised.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Onlytruth(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

I feel your pain.
The only positive is, 2015 is quite a long way away and a lot can still happen within that time. Disunity is the greatest undoing of the South, [size=16pt]in fact there is no South[/size] so our batlle is fragmented. We just need to take our time and work to a long range plan, within ourselves and using loyal resources.

The bolded is the key word.
The situation is not hopeless though, thanks to a new period of enlightenment in the middlebelt, East and Midwest.
With our resources in our hands, we don't need anybody else to win the next war.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by gabbytabby: 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2011
I am pro Nigeria but all the events of the last week leaves me wondering for how long will people allow this to continue without doing something about it. Its time to start developing large scale commercial farms in the south to reduce our dependence on the north for food.

The extremist on both sides of the fence are really fighting hard to cause chaos for their selfish gains and we all have to be watchful that they dont creat anarchy and war.

I know its hard for the general non violent muslims to see all that is done in the name of Allah but our government has to be strong and crush this evil that is befalling the nation. If there is to be a division it has to be clear through a referendum that it is the will of the people not some crazy group of people who want to hold the country to ransom.

Its a hard time.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

Why are Southerners in power pro One Nigeria? What's there to gain in One Nigeria?

Absolutely right  !!!

We are becoming politically correct like the west, madness I say .
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Mynd44: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2011
More serious actions need to be taken
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2011
What is the usefulness of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)?
Why is there a need for such a powerless and weak body?
Can that association be banned and stop wasting space?
I've never met such an unproductive, noneffective, lukewarm organization in my life before, jeez.

The one thing that is killing Nigeria has to be nonchalance. Nothing is ever taken seriously. To think we were warned of the bombings. . .
Just saw the picture of that baby. . .Don't even know what to say again.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by EzeUche(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2011
I have never been pro Nigeria.

But the fact remains that you will not see action from the South until something happens in our own backyard.

It is sad but true. As long as it remains in Abuja, you wont see any action, but once it moves South, it may be too late.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2011
stillwater:

I've never met such an unproductive, noneffective, lukewarm organization in my life before, jeez.

The one thing that is killing Nigeria has to be nonchalance. Nothing is ever taken seriously. To think we were warned of the bombings. . .
What has the CAN got to do with this?
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Obiagu1(m): 2:38am On Dec 26, 2011
stillwater:

I don't think CAN can do much. It's in the hands of the government, currently headed by a Southerner to act and be forceful about it.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 26, 2011
D north is d luckiest people on earth. They receive d highest revenue,thewy hv d capital,they hv highest no of LGA, they highest member in d national assembly. Yet they hated ijaws,igbos,efiks,etc that produce d resources. We r been cheated in dis union.the north even lack human resources n r economic liability. I don't knw why d yorubas supported them durin d civil war.am tired of dis nation. Though my family have enough investment in north here, we r optimistic about Biafra n 2015 dis integration. Thank God there is high population of igbos in US (africom)army gettin ready 4 2015. Am tired. BIAFRA come so quick plz
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2011
J12:

What has the CAN got to do with this?

Everything! I would expect them to pursue the interest of Christians in this country. They are the ones supposedly speaking for Christians in the country.  This is not the first time Christians are being killed like chickens. So what exactly is their responsibilities? What a fanciful organization!

Obiagu1:

I don't think CAN can do much. It's in the hands of the government, currently headed by a Southerner to act and be forceful about it.

Of course it's in the hand of the government. But I ask, if CAN cannot do anything futile, what is the essence of this organization? I mean have you read anything worthwhile about this CAN of a thing?
Just bringing my own angle to this issue, we've mentioned government, I mentioned CAN, if there's any other thing, someone should raise it up.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2011
This happens because we have a weakling as a President

We knew how Buhari dealt with Maitsaisine, Yar Adua with early Boko Haram, How various govt dealt with El ZakZaky

What is Odechukwu Retardeen doing about our security? Is it until MEND and Boko Haram kills us all?
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Ufeolorun(m): 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^
Exactly,the typical shadow chasing would not allow the blame to be apportioned appropriately.

The National assembly should pass the budget abi? onijekuje!
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by EzeUche(m): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
kcswat:

D north is d luckiest people on earth. They receive d highest revenue,thewy hv d capital,they hv highest no of LGA, they highest member in d national assembly. Yet they hated ijaws,igbos,efiks,etc that produce d resources. We r been cheated in dis union.the north even lack human resources n r economic liability. I don't knw why d yorubas supported them durin d civil war.am tired of dis nation. Though my family have enough investment in north here, we r optimistic about Biafra n 2015 dis integration. Thank God there is high population of igbos in US (africom)army gettin ready 4 2015. Am tired. BIAFRA come so quick plz

Correct Post?
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by muyoto: 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2011
Who is supposed to initiate the
Obiagu1:

who is doing the sidestepping? and who's job is it to address it squarely?
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by mensdept: 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2011
It seems that these Boko folks need to bomb Lagos, IJEBU Ode, Warri, Umuahia, Lokoja, and PH, since we are a wearing Gele and Chelsea loving group of Christians that love to spray money, drink garri, and hit up Aristo chicks.

The only way for this country to seriously analyze itself and its origin (Niger+Area= thanks Mrs. Lugard ) is for a series of catostrophic events to occur and hit us straight in our childish and complacent brains.

While we continue to copy American pastors, dressing, rap music, slang, wearing white wigs claiming to be judges, and import till we drop, the world is leaving us behind in the trash, where we deservingly belong.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by juman(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
Nigeria is a country. It's not easy to just go away, but surely there will be separation.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Obiagu1(m): 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2011
muyoto:

Who is supposed to initiate the

who is doing the sidestepping? and who's job is it to address it squarely?

Everyone. Nairalanders, Nigerians and the Government. Go through Boko Haram threads, all you'll see is people complaining, cursing, abusing, invoking the US and Israel to come to our aid. I'm glad I'm no longer moved by those gruesome pictures, after all, a Nigerian life is worthless. Very rarely do you see people talk about the actual problem which is meeting or not meeting the demand of Boko Haram who seems to be enjoying the silent support of their people.

Now the question is, what's this their demand? Why do we keep sidestepping it? Does it mean we, the Southerners, desperately want to preserve One Nigeria not minding the continual human sacrifice to keep her one? What are the benefits of this One Nigeria (The hardest question for me to comprehend)?

If we try to resolve these questions, then we are left with no other option than to start wondering why we still remained a country. If we try to resolve why we remained one, then we've started tackling the demand of Boko Haram.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, religious intolerance in Nigeria is so toxic that in the next 10 yrs, we'll still be fighting Boko Haram but this time in Onitsha, Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu, Benin, Warri, PH, etc. We don't have small border like Israel or as wealthy as the US to fight this insurgence. It'll cripple us, the economy, social life, and our freedom. Already, we're beginning to see the sign, a huge budget for security that could have been used for our dilapidated infrastructure.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by juman(m): 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^
There must be practical solution. The """leaders""" should come out with one.

The country is in serious situation, people are dying in dozens.

Nigeria is a destroyed nation.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Pharoh: 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2011
[b]Only Nigerians can fix nigeria [/b]and until we troop in to the street both home and abroad to do the right thing then it will be too late when the governmen finally steps in to make the changes. Tunisia was delivered by tunisians, same with egypt and other arab countries. If you need a soverign national confenrence then let everyone troop into the street and demand it. Cripple the economy, student, teachers, workers and everyone and see if we will not have a referendrum or conference but what do u have here than just blabbing our mouth on nairaland.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by ShangoThor(m): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
Pharoh:

[b]Only Nigerians can fix nigeria [/b]and until we troop in to the street both home and abroad to do the right thing then it will be too late when the governmen finally steps in to make the changes. Tunisia was delivered by tunisians, same with egypt and other arab countries. If you need a soverign national confenrence then let everyone troop into the street and demand it. Cripple the economy, student, teachers, workers and everyone and see if we will not have a referendrum or conference but what do u have here than just blabbing our mouth on nairaland.

Its this simple really!
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Onlytruth(m): 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2011
Pharoh:

But [b]WHO [/b]are the Nigerians?

Is it people who mock the millions of innocent women and children starved to death in Biafra?
Is it people who are more interested in seeing the "enemy tribe" annihilated by the Nigerian security forces?
Is it people who eagerly await a repeat of 1967 so that they can enjoy another "abandoned property"?
Or is it people who want total sharia in Nigeria?
Who do you want to go out and initialize an "Arab spring" in the Nigerian jungle?
Until some of you realize that there are NO NIGERIANS as in Englishmen, Frenchmen, Japanese men, or even Americans; only then would you start to make sense.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
Onlytruth:

But WHO [/b]are the Nigerians?

Is it people who mock the millions of innocent women and children starved to death in Biafra?
Is it people who are more interested in seeing the "enemy tribe" annihilated by the Nigerian security forces?
Is it people who eagerly await a repeat of 1967 so that they can enjoy another "abandoned property"?
Or is it people who want total sharia in Nigeria?
Who do you want to go out and initialize an "Arab spring" in the Nigerian jungle?
Until some of you realize that there are NO NIGERIANS as in Englishmen, Frenchmen, Japanese men, or even Americans; only then would you start to make sense.

^^^Regarding "WHO" the Nigerians are that will initiate the change that will be the catalyst leading to a national socio-economic/political rebirth: well i can't say i know, but i [b]DO
know "WHO" wouldn't initiate said change, and that's Ndigbo. Every tribe has -in one way or the other- felt the negative effects of being in the same country with these murderous leeches, but i guess they're waiting for Ndigbo to bell the cat again so they can elbow everyone else out of the way and grab any 'spoils' available. They're going to have a long wait, that much i know.

Another problem we face are the elite and those close to Govt/Power (like the contractors/rent seekers/azzlickers/etc, found in every tribe) that wouldn't want the status quo to change, as that would mean a probable end to their ride on the gravy train.

The option open to Igbos and our cousins/friends in the South-South and Middle-Belt is to support Jonathan as best we can, as the brood of Vipers are right now 'gathering at the gate'. You can guage their hatred and resentment from their posts/threads on this website. I'd like to see how well they'll cope with the present security/economic situation when saboteurs (in the name of one Nigeria) are to be found in the security services (eg, Border control,SSS and Army), and possibly in Govt as well. There are things and actions Jonathan could take tomorrow and he'll get a handle on all this evil going on in the name of trying to make the country ungovernable, but his hands are tied in the name of 'federal character' and 'one Nigeria'.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by Yeske2(m): 12:23am On Dec 27, 2011
Just lost all hope in Nigeria, let's just go our seperate ways and hope for the best. These killings must stop.
Just as the federal government couldn't prevent the pogrom of '66 as it is today against the Boko Haram guys, why pretending we are one. I shedded tears as i heard the wails of the survivors of yesterday's mayham so what are we waiting for? F U C K this federation.
Re: Call A Spade A Spade And Stop This Wailing! by mensdept: 4:00am On Dec 28, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Regarding "WHO" the Nigerians are that will initiate the change that will be the catalyst leading to a national socio-economic/political rebirth: well i can't say i know, but i DO know "WHO" wouldn't initiate said change, and that's Ndigbo. Every tribe has -in one way or the other- felt the negative effects of being in the same country with these murderous leeches, but i guess they're waiting for Ndigbo to bell the cat again so they can elbow everyone else out of the way and grab any 'spoils' available. They're going to have a long wait, that much i know.

Another problem we face are the elite and those close to Govt/Power (like the contractors/rent seekers/azzlickers/etc, found in every tribe) that wouldn't want the status quo to change, as that would mean a probable end to their ride on the gravy train.

The option open to Igbos and our cousins/friends in the South-South and Middle-Belt is to support Jonathan as best we can, as the brood of Vipers are right now 'gathering at the gate'. You can guage their hatred and resentment from their posts/threads on this website. I'd like to see how well they'll cope with the present security/economic situation when saboteurs (in the name of one Nigeria) are to be found in the security services (eg, Border control,SSS and Army), and possibly in Govt as well. There are things and actions Jonathan could take tomorrow and he'll get a handle on all this evil going on in the name of trying to make the country ungovernable, but his hands are tied in the name of 'federal character' and 'one Nigeria'.

I doubt that the "Igbo" are going to initiate any change. For over 40 years, what changes have they initiated themselves? A few positive moments (Mbakwe, soccer, movies) but thats pretty much it.

Those who an actually make a change are:
1) The minorities (Delta region, Middle Belt)
2) Islamic militants trying to gain attention and favor from their Arab idols
3) The West (aka US or A)

Igbo and Yoruba are today the most complacent groups in Africa, who have totally repanded themselves as party goers (OWAMBE), or wanna be American Blacks.

(1) (Reply)

Abeg O Make Una Watch This Man O! Kai! E Be Like Say Na Action Film Story. / Ngor-okpala: Owelle Rochas On Course To Make Good His Promise / Who. Murdered Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.