Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617455 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
I'm not saying he is gaay tho! He may be straight for all we know but a 26 year old star player not to be romantically linked with any member of the opposite sexxx ever is a bit weird its not like he is Tim Tebow religious saving it for marriage or anything like that

Great game between the cream of the West last night Spurs vs Grizzlies seems the extra rest paid off for the Spurs

Derek Fisher to the Mavs? Da phock?? Cuban has lost his damn mind
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
The Funny thing about that Comment is that,

Even Tim Tebow has been linked to "dating" hot female celebs, And been rumored to be chatting with.

Rondo....Nada

It does not change the way i feel about his game or anything like that. Just pointing out how obvious it is.

The Kid is Sublime as a Point Guard

Surgeon Like Precision

Horrible Attitude Though.

No Class.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
Arron Afflalo dumping 30pts on the Lakers. Smh!

Problem is even with Nash returning I still don't know if that would improve the Lakers fortune

Lol @ Rasheed Wallace old habits die hard
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
A-40:
Arron Afflalo dumping 30pts on the Lakers. Smh!

Problem is even with Nash returning I still don't know if that would improve the Lakers fortune

Lol @ Rasheed Wallace old habits die hard

In the words of Charles barkley........That team is GARBAGE
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
r231:

In the words of Charles barkley........That team is GARBAGE
Lmao
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:30am On Dec 05, 2012
and the slump continues for the Lakers..smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 05, 2012
I am not feeling how D'antoni is completely disrespecting Pau Gasol

Howard is showing to the World he has always been an OverRated bum,

Hopefully the Lakers are Smart Enough not to even attempt at resigning him in the offseason.

Lakers are a Mess right now......

After the conclusion of the season and our obvious second round(maybe first round) exit from the playoffs...

I would not even answer phone calls from Howards Agent if i am The Lakers Upper Management.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:52am On Dec 05, 2012
Its very unfair to cast aspersions on people with limited info's about them.

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:56am On Dec 05, 2012
Ashley and Rando have been dating since their time in college in Kentucky 2005, they both have a daughter together Ryelle, they got engaged in 2010 and are planning to get married very soon.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2012
Ahh yes! At least now we know he is straight. I apologize for suspecting he could be a batty boi

Suprised LeBron and co lost to the Wizards

The Lakers?? Hmm Phil Jackson's curse must be working on em. They can't sack D'Antoni cos they gave him a 4 year deal. I really don't get how the team has sunk to this depth even though they are missing both their starting and backup PG

@Royal
Gasol has been crap this season. Let's not blame it all on Howard here
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 06, 2012
Kobi 30k points tonight..... youngest player... good job buddy grin

A-40; any signed coach can be term anytime, don't count on that 4 years.

Nash & Gasol should be traded for that Orleans guy( Chris Paul) , not happening this year again I guess, undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:36am On Dec 06, 2012
#Respect

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:39am On Dec 06, 2012
Btw Kim K and Kanye paid Rondo to kick that bittch Assss
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:46am On Dec 06, 2012
Big ups to the BLACK MAMBA, i do not for any reason, find the 2 time world champ Gasol the major problem the Lakers are having..

Mike wants everyone to become a jump shooter and that includes his big men, the other day Howard attempted a three!!! Gasol has no business shooting jumpers or hanging out in the base line waiting for a chance to hit a three!! hell no, Gasol plays in the box, he's a post player and an intelligent passer of the ball, that has been his bread and butter.

And to watch Mike keep Howard on the court throughout the fourth quarter while he benches Gasol speaks for itself, especially for teams who understand the term Hack-Howard, Howard is a liability in the fourth quarter and its very annoying that he's refused to acknowledge that his poor free throw shooting has cost the Lakers games this season.

Would the Lakers trade Gasol? maybe, if he's traded, would that solve the problem, no way, not even Nash's return would solve the problem.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
jidegirl12: Kobi 30k points tonight..... youngest player... good job buddy grin
Congrats to the boss! Best since Jordan! Just might wind up passing MJ I'm sure he would pass Wilt in the scorers chart

jidegirl12:
A-40; any signed coach can be term anytime, don't count on that 4 years.
Well I'm not saying that can't happen I know that but they still have to pay off Mike Brown. Sack D'Antoni and they have to pay him too! That's combination of 6 years pay! It would hurt the cap

jidegirl12:
Nash & Gasol should be traded for that Orleans guy( Chris Paul) , not happening this year again I guess, undecided
Lool Chris Paul is at the Clippers and is part of a nice young core. Griffin,Jordan and good useful veterans like Butler,Crawford (6th man of the year elect) Odom e.t.c don't think he would want anything with the Lakers now
Nash would be 39 next year. Gasol is 32 these are not exactly attractive options
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
Roland17: Big ups to the BLACK MAMBA, i do not for any reason, find the 2 time world champ Gasol the major problem the Lakers are having..

Mike wants everyone to become a jump shooter and that includes his big men, the other day Howard attempted a three!!! Gasol has no business shooting jumpers or hanging out in the base line waiting for a chance to hit a three!! hell no, Gasol plays in the box, he's a post player and an intelligent passer of the ball, that has been his bread and butter.

And to watch Mike keep Howard on the court throughout the fourth quarter while he benches Gasol speaks for itself, especially for teams who understand the term Hack-Howard, Howard is a liability in the fourth quarter and its very annoying that he's refused to acknowledge that his poor free throw shooting has cost the Lakers games this season.

Would the Lakers trade Gasol? maybe, if he's traded, would that solve the problem, no way, not even Nash's return would solve the problem.
Gasol aint going hard! Dude has gone back to his soft ways! Anyway he has tendinitis on his knees at the mo so he has to sit out some games. I don't know if it was the Rondo/Gasol trade rumors shook him but he really has been having a stinker for a while now. He definitely hasn't been playing like the #2 man and that's before Howard came to town
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
Roland17: Big ups to the BLACK MAMBA, i do not for any reason, find the 2 time world champ Gasol the major problem the Lakers are having..

Gasol aint going hard! Dude has gone back to his soft ways! Anyway he has tendinitis on his knees at the mo so he has to sit out some games. I don't know if it was the Rondo/Gasol trade rumors shook him but he really has been having a stinker for a while now. He definitely hasn't been playing like the #2 man and that's before Howard came to town
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
Yeah, it's official now. He's definitely not gay, Because Gay Men don't have kids......

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Gasol is So under Appreciated by the LaLa Faithful...

Let's not forget 3 straight finals appearances....

2 straight Championships...

Prior to that..

Kobe was getting Ousted by the Suns....and was struggling to move forward in the playoffs because of the likes of Raja Bell and Leandro Barbosa

Lmfao...

People forget so much history.

It's nice to see Kobe walk around with so much arrogant swagger when the guy was getting smacked out of the second Round "by himself" Prior to the Spaniard Arriving.

#This~Is~Why~Mj~Will~Always~Be~Better <3
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:33am On Dec 07, 2012
~Royal~:
Gasol is So under Appreciated by the LaLa Faithful...

Let's not forget 3 straight finals appearances....

2 straight Championships...

Prior to that..
Story story. Yall should give Kobe credit for pushing softie Gasol and giving him that competitive edge
Remind me how many playoff games (not series) Gasol won @ Memphis

~Royal~:

Kobe was getting Ousted by the Suns....and was struggling to move forward in the playoffs because of the likes of Raja Bell and Leandro Barbosa
Kobe pushed an elite Suns team all the way these where not some bums! They where the finest the West had to offer! And his 2nd best player was Lamar Odom (before he was 6th man of the year

~Royal~:

Lmfao...

People forget so much history.

It's nice to see Kobe walk around with so much arrogant swagger when the guy was getting smacked out of the second Round "by himself" Prior to the Spaniard Arriving.

#This~Is~Why~Mj~Will~Always~Be~Better <3

M.J is the GOAT! I am a Kobe fan but comparing Kobe to MJ is blasphemy same way as I'm against comparing LeBron to Kobe
Of course guys like Bynum,Ariza get no credit.

Gasol is averaging 12pts per game fellas 12 pts!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:35am On Dec 07, 2012
~Royal~:
Yeah, it's official now. He's definitely not gay, Because Gay Men don't have kids......

Lol let the nigga breathe
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 07, 2012
A-40:

Story story. Yall should give Kobe credit for pushing softie Gasol and giving him that competitive edge
Remind me how many playoff games (not series) Gasol won @ Memphis

I give Kobe Credit for Nothing, Game 7 of the Finals against Boston Gasol and his teammates had to "Drag" him to the finish line..

With Kobe giving one of the most pathetic Game 7 Performances By a "Great" player in Nba History......

Kobe Without Gasol and without Shaq=0 Rings

Kobe Without a 7 Foot Big Man With Skills=0 Rings

Kobe Without PHIL JACKSON= 0 RINGS!

i give Phil the Credit,For all of Kobe's overrated Success.....and Yes, that is Coming from a Die-Hard Laker Fan. grin

A-40:
Kobe pushed an elite Suns team all the way these where not some bums! They where the finest the West had to offer! And his 2nd best player was Lamar Odom (before he was 6th man of the year

The Same Lamar Odom who was the 3rd best player on his 2 championship teams and 3 finals appearance runs?

You just made my point for me.

Who was the Number 2?.

A-40:
M.J is the GOAT! I am a Kobe fan but comparing Kobe to MJ is blasphemy same way as I'm against comparing LeBron to Kobe
Of course guys like Bynum,Ariza get no credit.

I feel comparisons between Kobe and Mj are in Line, as Well as Lebron to Kobe.

Honestly, I feel Lebron is a Better Player than Kobe....

And Neither one should even be allowed to wipe sweat off of Jordan's Back with a Towel.

A-40:
Gasol is averaging 12pts per game fellas 12 pts!!

That's because "Phill" isn't there to put Kobe's Massive Ego in Check.

Once Again...Phil Jackson Is The Goat, Pj is the only coach with enough "Juice" To Control Kobe.

Without Phil, Kobe is a 6'6" Allen Iverson...who has a massive ego and never won a damn thing.

Which is why "Kobe" behind the scenes is the "Real" Reason Phil was not "Allowed" to come back

Kobe Is Selfish and Chose his Own PPG and Shot Attempts over Phil coming Back and Restoring Order

#JacksonTheGreat

#KobeIsEntirelyTooSelfish

#NeverWonAnythingWithoutPhil

[img]http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/270386-3/Pau+Gasol_+Phil+Jackson_+Kobe+Bryant_+and+Lamar+Odom+formal+NBA+Championship+photo+2009.jpg[/img]
[img]http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/270388-3/Phil+Jackson+and+Kobe+Bryant+NBA+Champions+2009+photo.jpg[/img]

There is a Reason Everytime you See Kobe near Trophies the Great Phil is Beside Him....

Lmao@Whose Holding the "Main" Trophy.

a Subliminal Message, Kobe only cares about "His" Award. wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:04am On Dec 07, 2012
Yoo, come on man, reading guys disrespect Gasol all of a sudden is very sad, especially LA fans, after Shaq left, would Kobe have won those two rings without Gasol, this kid won the rookie of the year with Memphis and do you mind reminding everyone here who his team mates were while he was in Memphis? although he never won a playoff's game with them, he dropped the points to prove his worth, especially against the spurs in Game 4.

Last season, the rumour about the Lakers trading him did not help matters, he was insecure and its the same this season, no post player would flourish under Mike.

And did anyone see Howard take on Kobe for his poor defense during the game last night? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:33am On Dec 07, 2012
~Royal~:

I give Kobe Credit for Nothing, Game 7 of the Finals against Boston Gasol and his teammates had to "Drag" him to the finish line..

With Kobe giving one of the most pathetic Game 7 Performances By a "Great" player in Nba History......
He had a bad shooting night so?? He still snagged 15 rebounds!! What of the remainder of the series? Games 3-6 especially where Kobe played his butt off
Surely it can't be as bad as LeBron scoring 6 pts in an NBA final

~Royal~:

Kobe Without Gasol and without Shaq=0 Rings

Kobe Without a 7 Foot Big Man With Skills=0 Rings

Please Gasol did not win a playoff game before coming to the Lakers don't make him look like superman now! He aint no Nowitzki
As for Shaq well how many rings did he have before teaming with Kobe? Even with Penny Hardaway he won zilch, nada, odo

~Royal~:

Kobe Without PHIL JACKSON= 0 RINGS!

Ahem! We can say this for M.J as well

~Royal~:

i give Phil the Credit,For all of Kobe's overrated Success.....and Yes, that is Coming from a Die-Hard Laker Fan. grin

By all means give Phil Jackson credit! I give him credit too but calling Kobe overrated that's just taking the piss. Ninja has been the most consistent player in the league for 14/15 odd years! Pay homage
25.4 pts over a 16/17 year career! Are u for real?

~Royal~:

The Same Lamar Odom who was the 3rd best player on his 2 championship teams and 3 finals appearance runs?

You just made my point for me.

Who was the Number 2?.

Naah u got your wires crossed I was trying to describe the chaff Kobe was playing with. Gasol had better players at Memphis and he won squat!!
Dude was swept thrice!!!!

~Royal~:

I feel comparisons between Kobe and Mj are in Line, as Well as Lebron to Kobe.

Honestly, I feel Lebron is a Better Player than Kobe....

And Neither one should even be allowed to wipe sweat off of Jordan's Back with a Towel.

Ahh we finally agree on something

~Royal~:

That's because "Phill" isn't there to put Kobe's Massive Ego in Check.

Once Again...Phil Jackson Is The Goat, Pj is the only coach with enough "Juice" To Control Kobe.
Most athletes have super-sized egos you aren't saying anything new really.

~Royal~:

Without Phil, Kobe is a 6'6" Allen Iverson...who has a massive ego and never won a damn thing.
Nonsense! A.I was not that good for this long

~Royal~:

Which is why "Kobe" behind the scenes is the "Real" Reason Phil was not "Allowed" to come back

Kobe Is Selfish and Chose his Own PPG and Shot Attempts over Phil coming Back and Restoring Order
How can Kobe not want Phil Jackson when deep down he knows that is his only shot at getting another ring? You really need to try standup comedy if you think the Buss's are actually answerable to Kobe.

~Royal~:

#JacksonTheGreat

#KobeIsEntirelyTooSelfish

#NeverWonAnythingWithoutPhil

[img]http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/270386-3/Pau+Gasol_+Phil+Jackson_+Kobe+Bryant_+and+Lamar+Odom+formal+NBA+Championship+photo+2009.jpg[/img]

There is a Reason Everytime you See Kobe near Trophies the Great Phil is Beside Him.

Lmao@Whose Holding the "Main" Trophy.

a Subliminal Message, Kobe only cares about "His" Award. wink
[/quote]
Man u got issues!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:53am On Dec 07, 2012
Roland17:

Yoo, come on man, reading guys disrespect Gasol all of a sudden is very sad, especially LA fans, after Shaq left, would Kobe have won those two rings without Gasol, this kid won the rookie of the year with Memphis and do you mind reminding everyone here who his team mates were while he was in Memphis? although he never won a playoff's game with them, he dropped the points to prove his worth, especially against the spurs in Game 4.
Let's see who was in the Lakers lineup
Smush Parker
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Bryan Cook
Kwame Brown or Chris Mihm

Gasol had Eddie Jones,Mike Miller,Chucky Atkins,Jason Williams,Damon Stoudamire

And he had zero playoff game wins. ZERO!!

Roland17:
Last season, the rumour about the Lakers trading him did not help matters, he was insecure and its the same this season, no post player would flourish under Mike.
He was obviously not performing. Why wouldn't the Lakers want to trade him? Have you forgotten the Mavericks series? Have you seen his hefty contract

Roland17:
And did anyone see Howard take on Kobe for his poor defense during the game last night? grin grin
Howard needs to STFU. He is also part of the problem
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 07, 2012
The Knicks just Gave the Heat the business

Without Melo...LmL
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 6:27am On Dec 07, 2012
Wade is trash
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 07, 2012
Barkley went in on him before the Game too.

Pretty Much Saying Wade is Washed Up.
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 6:43am On Dec 07, 2012
I am starting to lose my respect for him. What is his problem? Kobe has been in the league since 1996 and is still productive. Wade needs to get it together.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 07, 2012
Dwayne Wade is a player who relies heavily on his athleticism

Guys like that do not last long once their athletic ability start to leave them.

Kobe can still be productive just solely based on Shooting,Skill,Technique,And Proper Footwork

Wade never had a jumper worth a damn. He always relied on super human athleticism, and now that he's getting old..it ain't there no more

Guys like that need to adapt and change their game....

Otherwise...they end up embarrassing themselves, by trying to hold on to the Past when the Past has already Passed.

Just ask A.I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDSm8aBZl4A
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 10:20am On Dec 07, 2012
I don't see LeBron staying in Miami past 2014, if Wade doesn't pull it together.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2012
I remember telling a ninja on this thread that the Knicks may be on to something. This is the 2nd beatdown they are handing the Heat already this season this time in Miami sans Melo sans Stoudemire! The first game sans Stoudemire
I think one of the best decisions they made in a long time was not falling for the Linsanity hype.
Felton has been a massive upgrade so far.
At a point they need to look at themselves and realize they are better than getting slapped around by the Heat and Celts. Cos they have the talent and the depth and Mike Woodson is a very good coach

ekt_bear: I don't see LeBron staying in Miami past 2014, if Wade doesn't pull it together.
Where else can he go??

ekt_bear: I am starting to lose my respect for him. What is his problem? Kobe has been in the league since 1996 and is still productive. Wade needs to get it together.
Lool Kobe is the exception not the norm

The Heat do need Wade to be Wade as LeBron has shown us in the past that he can't do it by his lonesome

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.