Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632803 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
yea let's c who they pick...

I bet Jahlil Okafor
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
birdman:
well folks, roland17, a40, kliq, mynd44, ewuro4, donlittle, adieu and be safe! see yall next season

BIRD MAN! BIRD MAN!!
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2015

Plus Curry had 98 three pointers in the post season. An average of 4.7 threes
Let's not kid ourselves, he already broke his season record.
He'll break multiple double digit threes in a season (held by Smith)
He'll break Ray Allen's three pointers record ceteris paribus
He probably might break Mamba's no of three pointers in a game (12 currently)
In fact anybody that breaks his post season record if not him should be given MVP twice grin

LeBron disappointed Ooh Mpa. After proclaiming his throne, Ooh Mpa was expecting stats like this:
50 points, 10/12 3 pt, 19 rebounds, 15 assists, 9steals, 8 blocks, 0 TO...sad

ANYONE WHO SAYS HE'S A KING ISN'T REALLY A KING (Tyrell Lannister 2014)

CONGRATS DUBS!!! cool

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Aye oooh! Una harsh o, lmao-jr smith=dleague player....lol
Guys it's done n dusted now..
Squad depth was key.
Iggy didn't start any regular season game n he turned out clutch wen it mattered most..mvp well deserved!
Both teams put on a good show.
#ballislife
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
BAN no good o,
Anyhow I don learn,
The best team won can't fault that,
LBJ did his best nobody could have done better.
Let see if the GSW can repeat.
Hopefully next season won't have so many injuries.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
What kind of dumbass spambot is this that cannot tell between NBA commentary and actual spam? I didn't even post any link which is the annoying part

Them no wan make I come dance shakiti bobo for here ni??

Superb stuff from the Warriors! The Chef and Iggy especially who has for the most part of his career been solid but not a spectacular scorer of the ball and making the sacrifice to come off the bench for the greater good of the team. Well deserved MVP!

Guys like Draymond who picked up the pace on both ends, long suffering vets like Livingston, Barbosa who were key coming off the bench! Hell even Lee and Ezeli

Also Steve Kerr for showing 3-balls can win a Championship not forgetting Mark Jackson who didn't take them to the promise land but taught them how to play defence and changed the culture of the team

Overall its a victory for a team that's run the right way. Selflessness, teamwork and all the other virtues that make a winning team

They have proven again that you don't need to go looking to stockpile All-stars to succeed. Neither do you have to knowingly tank to get #1 or #2 picks. You can grow organically. Their starting core had 4 guys they drafted. No one came higher than the 7th pick

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
Iggy n Chef

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
OohMpa:

Plus Curry had 98 three pointers in the post season. An average of 4.7 threes
Let's not kid ourselves, he already broke his season record.
He'll break multiple double digit threes in a season (held by Smith)
He'll break Ray Allen's three pointers record ceteris paribus
He probably might break Mamba's no of three pointers in a game (12 currently)
In fact anybody that breaks his post season record if not him should be given MVP twice grin

Where is that Milli Vanilli incarnate Dellavedova or what megedefegede does he call himself?

Curry had his bad moments but he usually contributed on the other end making steals and forcing turnovers. He's seriously slept on as a defender as well

OohMpa:

LeBron disappointed Ooh Mpa. After proclaiming his throne, Ooh Mpa was expecting stats like this:
50 points, 10/12 3 pt, 19 rebounds, 15 assists, 9steals, 8 blocks, 0 TO...sad

ANYONE WHO SAYS HE'S A KING ISN'T REALLY A KING (Tyrell Lannister 2014)

CONGRATS DUBS!!! cool

Loool LeStats was at his usual stats accumulating best. Nigga said 'We ran out of talent' can you believe that ninja?

Everywhere always looking for talent. Shebi he said he was the best in the world? The guy no dey even filter him yarns before he talk am.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
@A40
False modesty isn't a virtue.
LBJ only stated a fact that is widely believed to be true.
Also if curry was so great in this series why is Iggy taking the MVP trophy home ?
Am sure if we check the votes bron was 2nd to iggy
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@A40
Also if curry was so great in this series why is Iggy taking the MVP trophy home ?

Curry didn't get the MVP cus the CAVS defence concentrated more on him,by double-teaming him allowed him open play for his teammates....Iggy also did a decent job defending james

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:03am On Jun 18, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@A40
Its not about modesty. The thing is there is time for everything and that statement just reeks of insecurity.
Secondly in a series where you are under-manned an intelligent player and leader should be talking up his players and boosting their psyche instead of beating his chest like a silverback knowing fully well he would need their contribution to get past Golden State

Tiger no need come to ESPN tell you say he be tiger if you see tiger you know say na tiger

Bear in mind I don't even consider this a fact. Lebron is not the best player in the world. And there is proof not mere opinion to back it up

There can only be one player who gets the MVP as Adam Silver said. Iguodala gets it because he was easily the most efficient player on the court and that's not even considering the virtuoso D he played on James. Go and look at the Warriors numbers when Iggy was on the floor. Its not an indictment on Steph as he was the 2nd best player and outplayed Lebron IMO

The irony is he was actually better vs the Spurs last year
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:07am On Jun 18, 2015
I said winner of game 5 would likely turn out to be the champion. Turned out as expected.

Congrats to Warriors. I see a lot of my friends saying Warriors had an easy ride: From No Jrue Holiday to Limited Conley and Allen to No Beverley to No Love and Kyrie

I'm going to say this once. Those players would never stop this team from getting this ring, especially the last player. Love might be the only player there to change Cavs game but still the momentum would change and players like Mozgov and Thompson wouldn't step up.

Even Cavs had an easy ride to the finals especially when Gasol got injured when bulls was in a 2-1 lead. The east was really a joke, more like a party than a combat. If Spurs could get eliminated in the first round, then Warriors need to be respected in that conference

Props to Bron but like OohMpa said "NBA isn't a one man sport"

Congrats to Warriors
Congrats to Iggy and Curry

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by AfroBlue(m): 3:36am On Jun 18, 2015
What, NL no love for Festus Ezeli?

Born October 21, 1989 (age 25)
Benin City, Nigeria
Nationality Nigerian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:51am On Jun 18, 2015
@Decale
All champions teams almost always get an injury break from their opponents kudos to GSW for seizing the opportunity I'll say this though
If love and kyrie where present in the final series and at 100%, the CAVS would win this series in 5.
Its a bit of history now, but the warriors seems to be unraveling when the CAVS up by 2 this series, some would argue they should've been up 3-0 that is how fickle these series was,
With Cavs missing the 2nd and 3rd option.
Why would Mozgov or TT not step up ?
The presence of love and kyrie would allow for much flexibility something GSW had in abundance

@A40 and Kliq
I'll be surprise if you admitted that he was but let's leave that.
I checked the vote and curry had no vote for MVP,none at all this is unusual as I believe he only had one bad game but it proves my point. LBJ was the best player this series.
Iggy gets praised for stopping a man that average above 30 all series.
He threw his teamate under the bus with that no talent talk that wasn't wise

I'll like to see if the warriors can repeat though
GSW is a very unusual team.good for the league.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@Decale
All champions teams almost always get an injury break from their opponents kudos to GSW for seizing the opportunity I'll say this though
If love and kyrie where present in the final series and at 100%, the CAVS would win this series in 5.
Its a bit of history now, but the warriors seems to be unraveling when the CAVS up by 2 this series, some would argue they should've been up 3-0 that is how fickle these series was,
The presence of love and kyrie would allow for much flexibility something GSW had in abundance

You say in 5, I'll say it's relative...

Love would be the only guy that might change this outcome, not Kyrie and certainly not Varejao. Lebron had to be moved to the center role at some point in this series cos of Mozgov. Love is the one of the best perimeter defenders in the east plus he could control the paint. He'd definitely override Bogut or Barnes maybe Green. He's the boss of the paint in their regular season win. Cavs had to compensate with those jump shots which Smith and Shumpert weren't making

You think Kyrie would do sth different? Nah. Considering he's non productive before his injury says a lot.

Cavs 2 wins were cos of Delly defense not LeBron's offense. Remove Delly and chip in Irving and this series might have been a sweep sef. That guy can't even guard Wall or Isaiah Thomas. Na the guy ball control plus offense dey help am

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@Decale
This is a normal thing its like me saying Barca were extremely fortunate with injuries. If either of Messi, Neymar or Suarez suffered long term injuries maybe they don't win the treble. However that is not a leeway to not give due credit or groan about missing players. OKC would tell you they could have gotten to the Finals if Durant and Ibaka were healthy

I'm mildly amused that you think a healthy Kyrie (who played Game 1 and they lost by the way) and Kevin Love (average to poor defender) would have automatically won the Cavs the series. Players with 0 minutes playoff experience prior to this series. Bearing in mind Lebron has failed spectacularly in the past even with superior talent.

The Finals and playoff basketball is all about adjustments. The Warriors utilized their bench the Cavs could not but that is on the Cavs and Lebron who went about recruiting over the hill players in Perkins, Marion, Miller and James Jones. They had Dion Waiters they traded him, had Andrew Wiggins traded him for Love despite the fact that Kevin Love always had durability issues. They tried to take the shortcut and it ultimately didn't pay-off. I don't see why excuses should be made for the Cavs. They put individuals over the team

SIRcumalot:

@A40 and Kliq
I'll be surprise if you admitted that he was but let's leave that.
I checked the vote and curry had no vote for MVP,none at all this is unusual as I believe he only had one bad game but it proves my point. LBJ was the best player this series.
Iggy gets praised for stopping a man that average above 30 all series.
He threw his teamate under the bus with that no talent talk that wasn't wise

I'll like to see if the warriors can repeat though
GSW is a very unusual team.good for the league.
Admit? What's there to admit? 2014 MVP was Kevin Durant, 2015 MVP Steph Curry. Go and check (PER) Lebron is not the highest so pray tell why would I agree or 'admit' that Lebron is the best? He was the best back in 2012 and 2013

There are a lot of ways to explain that starting with the fact that 11 voters is an extremely small sample size. That Curry did not get a single vote is immaterial IMO. He had maybe two games where he didn't play so well but that's it. The media is high on Lebron Kool-aid that is why they are praising him instead of giving credit to the Warriors

Lol Lebron was the epitome of inefficiency. He took 196 shots and only made 78!! That is less than 40% which means he on average missed 20 shots per game!! In a losing effort.

How can you tell me such player was the best in the series when others were far more efficient.

Dude was getting to the line 10-15 times per game and taking 30-40 shots per night. Its humanly impossible to not wind up with 30-40 pts if you took such high volume of shots

Whereas Steph Curry never took more than 23 shots per game and only averaged 20 shots a night.

I won't even talk about Iggy who was efficient, shutdown Lebron and would have averaged 20pts or more if he didn't suck at free throws

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
A40

If Kobe was healthy all season,we would have won the title too cheesy

#LakerNation

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
kliq:
A40

#LakerNation
If Ginobili had an anti-aging drug, Spurs would have been champions again cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Mynd44:

If Ginobili had an anti-aging drug, Spurs would have been champions again cheesy

Lol yeah

Every team got excuse too cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
Decale:

You say in 5, I'll say it's relative...

Love would be the only guy that might change this outcome, not Kyrie and certainly not Varejao. Lebron had to be moved to the center role at some point in this series cos of Mozgov. Love is the one of the best perimeter defenders in the east plus he could control the paint. He'd definitely override Bogut or Barnes maybe Green. He's the boss of the paint in their regular season win. Cavs had to compensate with those jump shots which Smith and Shumpert weren't making
Love can rebound but his defending is non existent. The guy cannot stop a nosebleed. That is one of the reasons why the Timberwolves couldn't even make the playoffs while he was there.

Maybe he helps on offence but that would reduce LeStats numbers.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
kliq:
A40

#LakerNation
Abi ooh! If Kobe and Nash were healthy the Lakers would have at least made the playoffs

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
A40:

Abi ooh! If Kobe and Nash were healthy the Lakers would have at least made the playoffs

That's just part of the game,you don't expect all players to stay healthy for the whole season one reason why there's a reserve team....just get a dependable bench and rotate your players to avoid fatigue or injuries when it matters most.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Stephen Curry is the 1st player in history to beat every other member of the All-NBA First Team on his way to a title kiss

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
Stephen Curry is the 1st player in history to beat every other member of the All-NBA First Team on his way to a title kiss

Curry's a great talent and a very humble personality

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
@Decale
Delly had one good game against Steph that got blown way out of proportion by the media.
Kyrie is one the finest scoring PG in this league he shoots and finishes at the rim with the best he'll get buckets and his defense is underrated.
The Cavs can go big with Mozgod(better rim protector than lee) or just mirror the GSW with Love in the "5" and play small.

@A40
The Cavs where a shumpert 3- away from winning that first game.
I don't see any champions team that won't trade wiggins for Love or trade away Dion waiters.
He lead both teams in scoring,assist and rebound
Efficiency doesn't matter in this situation,
say his 2nd and 3rd option where there to handle the load and he still shot this much then we can scream murder.
For this series he gets a pass.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@Decale
Delly had one good game against Steph that got blown way out of proportion by the media.
Kyrie is one the finest scoring PG in this league he shoots and finishes at the rim with the best he'll get buckets and his defense is underrated.
The Cavs can go big with Mozgod(better rim protector than lee) or just mirror the GSW with Love in the "5" and play small.
Delly is a dirty player. I don't understand how people called what he did on Steph Curry defence.

SIRcumalot:

@A40
The Cavs where a shumpert 3- away from winning that first game.
I don't see any champions team that won't trade wiggins for Love or trade away Dion waiters.
He lead both teams in scoring,assist and rebound
Efficiency doesn't matter in this situation,
say his 2nd and 3rd option where there to handle the load and he still shot this much then we can scream murder.
For this series he gets a pass.
And who is to say they would have won Game 2? These things don't work like that, you just have to deal with what actually happened

That is short termism at its peak. These guys would have formed a solid young core and even if they failed there would be time to try again. Isn't it better than packing the roster with OAPs like Perkins, Jones, Miller, Marion? Did they turn out useful? Imagine if Golden State traded Klay Thompson for Kevin Love. The Warriors have an identity! The Cavs don't

How can efficiency not matter? I think I have explained why he had the most points, I don't see what is there to brag about when you are taking double the shots of everyone else. If na assist he had 21 TO's Iguodala had faaar less than that. In the 4th quarter he was usually nowhere to be found bar 1 or 2 games

I make bold to say Lebron played better last year vs Spurs than he did this year
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
@A40
You forget that the Cavs have a win now mentality and LBJ is 30 and approaching the dark ages.
If you think efficiency is the be all and end all stat in the NBA,sure I can see how you would think he played better against the spurs.
Iggy isn't not the primary Ball handler for the GSW so he would have a low TO ratio.
I also find it funny that Westbrook was grabbing triple doubles every night while not being very efficiency and was being lauded has the hero and even got MVP nod and LBJ whose is a career 50% took more shots when his role player didn't step up if he had a more efficient game with less shot you would say he wasn't assertive enough.
Make I ask
If you care about efficiency so much how is Kobe your favourite player ?
What was going through your mind in 2010 finals when he was laying bricks everywhere ? grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:37am On Jun 19, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@A40
You forget that the Cavs have a win now mentality and LBJ is 30 and approaching the dark ages.
If you think efficiency is the be all and end all stat in the NBA,sure I can see how you would think he played better against the spurs.
That is the problem. He always has a win now mentality. Of course sheer talent would carry the day at some point but the last two Finals have proven the team would always be above the individual. Which is why chale will say he is the best player in the world today and opine he ran out of talent tomorrow.

He definitely played better vs the Spurs. Golden State's relative inexperience at this level is why this series was competitive. Gregg Pop's Spurs would not merely sweep these Cavs but would have beaten them by a 20-25pt average

SIRcumalot:
Iggy isn't not the primary Ball handler for the GSW so he would have a low TO ratio.
The Warriors style of play does not really predicate having a fixed ball handler infact if you look closely you would see that over the course of the series Curry, Iggy, Barbosa, Livingston played that role. So whether he was the ball handler or not he was efficient he even had a game with 7 assists and 0 turnovers

Also tell us what 'the best player in the world' did to slow down either Steph or Iguodala? I thought they said he was an elite defender? Just like last year Lebron proved how overrated he is on defence

SIRcumalot:

I also find it funny that Westbrook was grabbing triple doubles every night while not being very efficiency and was being lauded has the hero and even got MVP nod and LBJ whose is a career 50% took more shots when his role player didn't step up if he had a more efficient game with less shot you would say he wasn't assertive enough.
Of course Westbrook got mentions but he was never going to win it ahead of James Harden Steph Curry or even Anthony Davis. There is assertiveness and there is just over doing it. When you are taking 35 shots and making less than half of it then you are hurting the team. You are also less effective on the other end of the floor

SIRcumalot:

Make I ask
If you care about efficiency so much how is Kobe your favourite player ?
What was going through your mind in 2010 finals when he was laying bricks everywhere ? grin
Kobe shot bricks too but he won. Secondly nobody has shot as many bricks as Lebron did in the history of NBA Finals

Lebrick played no defence shot under 40% and it would have been worse if not for how often he went to the FT line
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:08am On Jun 19, 2015
Over the past two seasons, the players who guarded Lebron ended up winning the Finals MVP trophy.

2014 Finals MVP: The 22 year old Kawahi Leonard averaged 17.8 points, 6.4 rebounds and kept arrogant and ego filled Lebron quiet leading to a 4-1 sweep.

2015 Finals MVP: Andre Iguodala was very impressive offensively but especially defensively, he averaged 16 points and 5 rebounds and 4 assists, Lebron shot a mediocre 33% whenever his nightmare guarded him.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 7:28am On Jun 19, 2015
tongue.... cheesy i predict #Bucks grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2015
^^^

cheesy feels normal already,in search of his 3rd ring....might hit free agency as early as July 1st
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
cry cry cry
Mizzzbeee:
tongue.... cheesy i predict #Bucks grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.