Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,549 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1722415 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:30am On Feb 04, 2016
wetin westbrook chop tonight angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2016
birdman:
wetin westbrook chop tonight angry

Everybody took Osogbo weed today

Westbrook
Durant
Oladipo
Wall
Green
Curry
Hornets' 3rd quarter

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:31am On Feb 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

How many people can guard dirk in this league ?
I told you rose someone already mention Westbrook above.
Players with limited J's Rose that is and he didn't really guard Westbrook

Why has he failed to guard Terry, Steph, Kawhi? Why can't he guard Dirk? I thought they said he can guard all five positions.

SIRcumalot:

Off my head arenas,manu and may be Ben Wallace but he was undrafted,
It doesn't matter what I saw it those that picked him that I defer too (Barnes )
Manu was playing pro-ball for years in Italy. He was a star that had won MVPs and Euroleague titles. Na mature man before he enter league

Leaves you with Wallace and Arenas. 2 players in almost 2 decades. To tell you its an exception

Doesn't change my point that Barnes is a role player

SIRcumalot:

our lord and saviour,curry was what pick in his draft again?

I mentioned this earlier as free agency start to pick that roster apart we go see.
Salary cap is shooting up anyway. The core Klay, Steph, Draymond are locked for the foreseeable future. Barnes can be replaced and veteran players would be falling over themselves to play with Steph and Kerr
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:42am On Feb 05, 2016
A40 and SIRcumalot una still dey on top this mata? abeg oooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:40am On Feb 05, 2016
birdman:
A40 and SIRcumalot una still dey on top this mata? abeg oooo

I am enjoying the banta, it is intelligent, civil and mostly fact based.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 05, 2016
Roland17:

I am enjoying the banta, it is intelligent, civil and mostly fact based.
so who are you going with? Or you are just on the fence on this matter lol?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 05, 2016
birdman:

LBJ. Unselfishness, not just in the game, but in the community.
i am just seeing this though. I like how you said not just in the game though, cool beans bro. cool
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:25am On Feb 05, 2016
skywalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
joephemzyz:
skywalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad angry angry angry angry angry angry

U sha wan win me.I no go gree. Na me go still win.You and birdman all of a sudden Don turn threat.my team is now not good enough.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
Donlittle:
so who are you going with? Or you are just on the fence on this matter lol?

I am maintaining neutrality so i don't disrupt the flow of argument.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:07am On Feb 06, 2016
birdman:

ry
must be opinion wednesday grin
im a dirk fan and what kareem said is true. Dirk's best 2-3 years in the NBA was when he mixed it up in the paint. This was mainly due to the new coach Avery Johnson constantly hounding him, forcing him to get offensive rebounds, dunk and use his size to defend. By year 2, I think Dirk soured on this, even though it was obvious the all round game was helping him and the team - you need to google up the video when the Mavs sent the Spurs home early. At that time, the spurs were much more dominant than they are now. What Avery did was stunning, even his own reaction was amusing. I think Mavs lost to the heat (wade and shaq) that year
Carlisle would come in after Avery lost the locker room and win a championship based on what Avery built. But Dirk kept regressing to the point now where he is almost kinda like the old dirk. The one that used to love shooting threes with Steve Nash, val exel and co...boy they were fun in those days, but they never went anywhere.
What did Avery build? Dirk and Terry were the only survivors from the 2006 finals
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:07am On Feb 06, 2016
birdman:

ry
must be opinion wednesday grin
im a dirk fan and what kareem said is true. Dirk's best 2-3 years in the NBA was when he mixed it up in the paint. This was mainly due to the new coach Avery Johnson constantly hounding him, forcing him to get offensive rebounds, dunk and use his size to defend. By year 2, I think Dirk soured on this, even though it was obvious the all round game was helping him and the team - you need to google up the video when the Mavs sent the Spurs home early. At that time, the spurs were much more dominant than they are now. What Avery did was stunning, even his own reaction was amusing. I think Mavs lost to the heat (wade and shaq) that year
Carlisle would come in after Avery lost the locker room and win a championship based on what Avery built. But Dirk kept regressing to the point now where he is almost kinda like the old dirk. The one that used to love shooting threes with Steve Nash, val exel and co...boy they were fun in those days, but they never went anywhere.
What did Avery build? Dirk and Terry were the only survivors from the 2006 finals

Donlittle:
What do you guys think about Kareem Statement? As a dirk fan, i am pissed AF, but i will wait for some few hours, got to compose myself so i dont say anything rude
He needs to STFU. Insecurity is such a biatch. Simple question them ask he replied with an unnecessary tirade. Of course you can't question his achievements but its a disgrace that he opted to disrespect a fellow professional.

Playing with the best PG in the history and one of the top 5-7 SFs all time its easy to talk noise

Dirk went to two Finals without an All-star. Outplayed Wade, LeBron, Bosh. in the other his starting V

Harris
Terry
Howard
Dampier/Diop lmaoo
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:32am On Feb 06, 2016
A40:

And Kidd. Great defensive PG. Todays Nowitzki started in Avery's era. The Mavs were a fun 3 point team before him. Till today, they have defensive identity. Btw Dirk has never hit 2000 pts per 82 games since then. His MO is changed. I wish he'd force the issue in the paint more.

Dirk went to two Finals without an All-star. Outplayed Wade, LeBron, Bosh. in the other his starting V

Harris
Terry
Howard
Dampier/Diop lmaoo

Mhmm. And Chandler. And Kidd. Barea too. And Sean Marion. But its an LBJ team so I know the blinders are on. But im sure you can spot another all star in there. Bonus points for spotting 2.

He needs to STFU. Insecurity is such a biatch. Simple question them ask he replied with an unnecessary tirade. Of course you can't question his achievements but its a disgrace that he opted to disrespect a fellow professional.

Kareem stirs up stuff when its not needed. And he does this often. Classy response from Dirk. Dont give yourself hypertension calling greats names. Dirk isnt.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:36am On Feb 06, 2016
Skywalker5:

U sha wan win me.I no go gree. Na me go still win.You and birdman all of a sudden Don turn threat.my team is now not good enough.

joephemzyz hol am! angry No allow make e go anywhere
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:50am On Feb 06, 2016
birdman:

And Kidd. Great defensive PG. Todays Nowitzki started in Avery's era. The Mavs were a fun 3 point team before him. Till today, they have defensive identity. Btw Dirk has never hit 2000 pts per 82 games since then. His MO is changed. I wish he'd force the issue in the paint more.

Mhmm. And Chandler. And Kidd. Barea too. And Sean Marion. But its an LBJ team so I know the blinders are on. But im sure you can spot another all star in there. Bonus points for spotting 2.

Kareem stirs up stuff when its not needed. And he does this often. Classy response from Dirk. Dont give yourself hypertension calling greats names. Dirk isnt.
Dirk responded? I havent seen it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:50am On Feb 06, 2016
Someone said cleveland is playing better, do you still think so?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:24am On Feb 06, 2016
Donlittle:
Someone said cleveland is playing better, do you still think so?
Not true.. Lebron is still hugging, offense isn't flowing, Kyrie has been left confused as usual. Jr Smith and James seem to be working together unlike before that's all..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:45am On Feb 06, 2016
birdman:

Kidd was not in the 06 team my guy. No come dey blow fallacy

I don't know why you're trying so hard to credit someone for another man's hardwork

There are many reasons why he didn't hit 2000 pts. One of which is a very simple and underrated reason. Age

birdman:

Unku for the 2011 season none of the players you listed above were All-stars. Some many years past their peak

So when I say he had no All-star I know what I was saying

birdman:

When I see B.S I call it. Roles reversed and some would even involve race into the issue. He is almost 70 and his utterances need to start reflecting his age.

I maintain his comments were a disgrace. He should know better

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:53am On Feb 06, 2016
Curry and Thompson
J.J. Redick,
Khris Middleton
James Harden,
Chris Bosh
Kyle Lowry
Devin Booker.

3pt shooter contest. Should be awesome

Btw am I the only one that saw ESPN's rubbish rankings that had Kobe Bryant as #12 all- time.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
Donlittle:
Dirk responded? I havent seen it.

was a clip at halftime during the mavs spurs game.he was a little irritated, but same cool dirk
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
A40:
Curry and Thompson

Btw am I the only one that saw ESPN's rubbish rankings that had Kobe Bryant as #12 all- time.

shuo. lets see the top 10 na cheesy

wait i just looked at 11-15. Oscar with no rings is ahead of kobe with 5 rings?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
A40:

Kidd was not in the 06 team my guy. No come dey blow fallacy

I don't know why you're trying so hard to credit someone for another man's hardwork

There are many reasons why he didn't hit 2000 pts. One of which is a very simple and underrated reason. Age

my bad yall shocked. im going to stop relying on memory as much...and i never old o lipsrsealed. anyhow im glad dirk remained dirk
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
birdman:

Lool Kobe at #12 is a bad joke. I can't put LeBron at #12 na haba
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 07, 2016
birdman:

kobe is top 5, number 2 in my books no doubt.

Espn says stupid stuff, just like abdul-jabbar does
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:03am On Feb 07, 2016
birdman:

Lool Kobe at #12 is a bad joke. ESPN have been rubbish for a while sha so I am not surprised. I like Durant but I don't get why he was ranked ahead of Isiah Thomas

Even as overrated as I think LeBron is I'd definitely not put him as low as #12. The list is not objective
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:37am On Feb 07, 2016
birdman:

am certain Oscar get one ring with KAJ for the bucks
I thought the ranking was perfect except for curry at 25
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
knicks just fired derek fisher
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:16am On Feb 09, 2016
Donlittle:
knicks just fired derek fisher

totally unexpected. Better record than last year, Porzingis appears to be coming into his own and looked like locker room chemistry was good. I didnt watch enough games to see if Fisher could coach - I assumed he'd be running some sort of triangle anyhow

looks like coach tibs may be getting a shot at the knicks - I'm not sure how Melo will react to a defensive minded coach
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:47am On Feb 09, 2016
birdman:

totally unexpected. Better record than last year, Porzingis appears to be coming into his own and looked like locker room chemistry was good. I didnt watch enough games to see if Fisher could coach - I assumed he'd be running some sort of triangle anyhow

looks like coach tibs may be getting a shot at the knicks - I'm not sure how Melo will react to a defensive minded coach

If the Knicks are rebuilding around melo then its safe to assume there is no future in the next 3 years, at 31 he looks like he is being forced to play the game, his numbers are deceptive..

The knicks have to start looking at what the next plan is for building this roaster, the knicks are not any different from the sixers only difference is the knicks have a star in Melo.

In Porz i think they have a very good piece, the knicks needs an intelligent point guard to maximize Porz.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lmaoo bruhh. ESPN no go kill person. So Kobe at #12 then LeBron for top 5. A loser of 4 Finals and all that while playing in a weaker Eastern Conference.

Better than Kobe, Shaq, T.D, Hakeem

Wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
A40:
Lmaoo bruhh. ESPN no go kill person. So Kobe at #12 then LeBron for top 5. A loser of 4 Finals and all that while playing in a weaker Eastern Conference.

Better than Kobe, Shaq, T.D, Hakeem

Wonders shall never end

grin

same thing i said, this guy is 2-4 in the finals, and his going 2-5 in s couple of months but is getting ranked over kobe

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:57am On Feb 10, 2016
Donlittle:
grin

same thing i said, this guy is 2-4 in the finals, and his going 2-5 in s couple of months but is getting ranked over kobe
They even put him ahead of Bird. Awon oniranu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.