Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,740 members, 7,851,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1654198 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (2246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
It's a wrap!!! A40 think Durant's best bet is to go to Clippers cheesy that match up with cp3, DeAndre Jordan, of. Cuz Reddick would have to take the heat and come in 2nd team just as Iggy had to do with Barnes. I think it wud be a solid team
The predictions got me like cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
It's a wrap!!! A40 think Durant's best bet is to go to Clippers cheesy that match up with cp3, DeAndre Jordan, of. Cuz Reddick would have to take the heat and come in 2nd team just as Iggy had to do with Barnes. I think it wud be a solid team
Lol where did you get that prediction board? I don't know if there would be enough ball to go round if Durant joined the Clippers. Who would be willing to take the backseat? Remember Iggy worked because he is not a high volume scorer and didn't really take that many shots

East
Cavs vs Pistons: The Pistons are an interesting bunch they are sneakily deep, Tobias Harris, Marcus Morris, Kentavious Pope are role players who can score on any given night. Their problem for me lies with Andre Drummond, he seems to be only good at rebounding and with that size its such a terrible waste. The Cavs can simply switch to small ball and run him out of the gym. I don't think Detroit is going to be swept but that's about it

Cavs in 5

Raptors vs Pacers: I am guilty of seriously underrating the Raptors, infact as the regularly season wound down it became apparent that they are perhaps the only team in the East that could challenge the Cavs. Lowry and DeRozan no longer have to worry about carrying all the load as Caroll is back and they seem to be getting quality production from their bench guys (Joseph, Powell, Biyombo) the Pacers have been erratic on the other hand and are a tad too raw on offense for my taste. I feel like the Raptors are ready to make the big leap. They have the depth and the opposition is doable

Raptors in 5

Heat vs Hornets: Another competitive series. I think the Heat are favorites for this one. Their offense is superior and the defense is just about even. Walker has improved massively but still battles inconsistency same with Batum, Dragic might not score as much as Walker but conducts the offense much better and then there is the veteran savvy of Joe Johnson and we are not even going to talk about Dwyane Wade

Heat in 6

Hawks vs Celtics: Maybe the tightest series of all. The Hawks are a bit deeper and I think that is crucial. They are also a veteran team while it is the 2nd time out for these group of Celts. I think while both teams lack Superstars the Hawks simply have more guys to pick up the slack if their best player isn't playing up to par on the night. The Celts would give them fits but just might come up short

Hawks in 7

Would drop predictions for the West in a bit
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Mynd44:

I agree on the wins but I will give the Warriors and Grizzlies a game each

Clippers 4-0

I dont care about the east. Whichever team emerges fron the east is going to lose the finals anyway grin

Ooh Mpa fit bet one of his testicles say Grizzlies no go carry one game. Every other team can in this round but seriously doubt Spurs will let them take one.

In fact, if Spurs let Grizzlies take one, then Thunder will oust them
In fact, the average margin per game would be about 20pts
In fact, Kawhi and Aldridge will average less than 30 mins a game
In fact, in fact....angry

SIRcumalot:

Toronto go reach 2nd round this time,
this team is much stronger.

Ooh Mpa got two matchups that might swing both ways: Pacers/Raptors and Celtics/Hawks

But Ooh Mpa thinks Pacers are deeper and better defensively. Anyway, if Pacers win one in Toronto, this round is pretty much dusted.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
OohMpa:

[color=#808000]Ooh Mpa fit bet one of his testicles say Grizzlies no go carry one game. Every other team can in this round but seriously doubt Spurs will let them take one.

In fact, in fact....angry[/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
West predictions Warriors in 4. Clips in 6. OKC in 6. SAS in 5.
East predictions Pacers in 7. Cavs in 4. Heat in 6. C's in 7.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
Mine: Warriors in 3 grin while Houston voluntarily bows out from the competition from much humiliation grin grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
OohMpa:

Ooh Mpa fit bet one of his testicles say Grizzlies no go carry one game. Every other team can in this round but seriously doubt Spurs will let them take one.

In fact, in fact....angry

Ooh Mpa got two matchups that might swing both ways: Pacers/Raptors and Celtics/Hawks

But Ooh Mpa thinks Pacers are deeper and better defensively. Anyway, if Pacers win one in Toronto, this round is pretty much dusted.
You people are seriously overrating the Pacers. They are not that good defensively and the Raptors have a much better PG
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Steph Curry the only player to go 50-45-90 in a season. Phenomenal

West

Warriors vs Rockets: Rematch of last year's conference finals show how much of a disappointment the Rockets have been this year. The Warriors beat a much better Rockets team 4-1 last year but something tells me it won't end in a sweep. The Rockets still have talent and I think on an off night for the Warriors the Rockets can steal a game but probably not much more than that

Warriors in 5

Spurs vs Memphis: Lool this is an unfair match up. Unfair! The Spurs would probably win every game by 15pts at least. Sweep

Spurs in 4

Thunder vs Mavericks: A very bad match up for Dallas even with Barea and Deron Williams healthy, now with both of them potentially limited it would be a miracle even for Rick Carlisle to pick a game vs OKC. OKC also know fully well they need to dispatch the Mavs quickly since the Spurs would be at the other end waiting.

Thunder in 5

Clippers vs Blazers: The Blazers have seriously exceeded expectations by just getting here. Again the Clippers would probably have too much depth and that was even before Griffin's return

Clippers in 6

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:50am On Apr 16, 2016
Finals prediction:

GSW Vs Celtics

GSW in 5

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:34am On Apr 16, 2016
kliq:
Finals prediction:

GSW Vs Celtics

GSW in 5
good not sleeping on celtics making the finals. As far as GSW repeats it's all good grin
Re: The NBA Begins by xp17(m): 5:52am On Apr 16, 2016
i like putting my money on the underdogs. I predict SPUR to beat GSW as they progress.

West: SPUR

vs

East: CAV

Winner : SPUR

No matter what happens, the east shall not prevail undecided

This season sucks somehow to me. Watching with different time zone is a pain in the balls, especially when you got to be at work during most of the matches, only to come watch the replay or highlight. cry cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 6:50am On Apr 16, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
good not sleeping on celtics making the finals. As far as GSW repeats it's all good grin
Yeah,let's see how it goes....16wins to the title.

Backing GSW all the way!
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 7:00am On Apr 16, 2016
A40:
Steph Curry the only player to go 50-45-90 in a season. Phenomenal

Steve kerr and Steve nash did that already.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:19am On Apr 16, 2016
addempsea:

so u r saying Espn, sport center hell even the NBA LIED?? shocked undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
so u r saying Espn, sport center hell even the NBA LIED?? shocked undecided

Yeah, if they said that, they lied

In 2007/2008, Steve Nash had a 51/47/91 season. He's the only other person with above 45 in a 50/45/90 season.
Unless they're being specific about figures, then they're technically correct

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
Decale:

Yeah, if they said that, they lied

In 2007/2008, Steve Nash had a 51/47/91 season. He's the only other person with above 45 in a 50/45/90 season.
Unless they're being specific about figures, then they're technically correct
In Curry's case, no player ever in the 50/40/90 ever had 30.1ppg in that season and attempting 880+ 3 points at 45%. Closest to that is Steve Nash 381 at 47%. That's impressive to be honest..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
I see pacers getting to the Eastern Conference finals.

We know Paul George is going to get his, but Monta Ellis and Myles Turner and George Hill, if they come with their A game consistently, The Eastern conference will be interesting.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
addempsea:

Pardon me. Only scoring leader. I forgot to add that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
Donlittle:
I see pacers getting to the Eastern Conference finals.

We know Paul George is going to get his, but Monta Ellis and Myles Turner and George Hill, if they come with their A game consistently, The Eastern conference will be interesting.
Am I the only one that is not buying this Pacers hype?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
A40:

Am I the only one that is not buying this Pacers hype?

yeah bro. Why arent you though? I think you said Raptors in 5? No way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
SmooshCHN:
In Curry's case, no player ever in the 50/40/90 ever had 30.1ppg in that season and attempting 880+ 3 points at 45%. Closest to that is Steve Nash 381 at 47%. That's impressive to be honest..

Now, you're being way too specific. You added his points and number of threes attempted. If you generally splash more, you make more. The true efficiency is your percentage made, bro

If I go by your logic, then I'll be like:
In Larry Bird's case, no player in the 50/40/90 ever had 29.9ppg and attempted 1650+ fgs at 53%. The closest to that is Curry 1598 at 50% sad

Get my point?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
Decale:

Now, you're being way too specific. You added his points and number of threes attempted. If you generally splash more, you make more. The true efficiency is your percentage made, bro

In Larry Bird's case, no player in the 50/40/90 ever had 29.9ppg and attempted 1650+ fgs at 53%. The closest to that is Curry 1598 at 50% sad

Get my point?
When i saw the stats, i said the same thing. Thanks for clarifying it
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
Donlittle:
yeah bro. Why arent you though? I think you said Raptors in 5? No way.
I saw their game against the Bulls and Nets towards the end of the season. I don't see much outside Paul George. Hill is an average PG and DeRozan certainly better than Ellis.
Even that former Spurs backup. Cory Joseph is another lowkey baller.

I'm sticking with Raptors in 5
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Decale:

Get my point?
Not sure that rule applies to 3pters. Especially when you consider the line has been moved back further compared to back in the day
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
A40:

Not sure that rule applies to 3pters. Especially when you consider the line has been moved back further compared to back in the day

It still generally does.

If you shoot more, you make more but your percentage suffers for it. If you don't attempt, how will you make a basket?

How many players this season have up to 200 3 pointers with 40% efficiency? Reddick, Curry, Thompson and probably J.R Smith. Every other is sub 40s. But when you make a stat with highest number of 3 pointers this season, Harden, Lillard, Lowry, Mccollum etc will come up cos they shot more but made less

Most players with 40% or more in 3 pointers don't make up to 150 in a season. If you do, then you're a splash member. You go call Leonard a 3 point shooter? But he's no 3 in efficiency this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
I do not know what happened to Lawson, he is so terrible, Can not even run a team decently.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
Both ways man, putting up those numbers is impressive. Curry this season was impressive as Larry Bird was in 1987 and i believed Bird was appreciated for it. When you lead in PPG, steals, FT and 3pts in a season, it's enough hype that screams attention. He deserves every attention he's getting.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
A40:

I saw their game against the Bulls and Nets towards the end of the season. I don't see much outside Paul George. Hill is an average PG and DeRozan certainly better than Ellis.
Even that former Spurs backup. Cory Joseph is another lowkey baller.

I'm sticking with Raptors in 5
Alright, we will see in two weeks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
The Raptors are who i believe they are. very very inconsistent..especially their 1-2 punch..

I watched a lot of their regular season games and today's display against the Pacers does not surprise me one bit, Lowry and Rozan are too inconsistent to depend on during the post season.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
Pacers take game 1
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
Roland17:
The Raptors are who i believe they are. very very inconsistent..especially their 1-2 punch..

I watched a lot of their regular season games and today's display against the Pacers does not surprise me one bit, Lowry and Rozan are too inconsistent to depend on during the post season.

I think it's more of Pacers defense cos what I watched wasn't different from Raptors play all season

Paul George went bunkers when Valaciunas fouled out. I don't think anyone on that roster can guard George all the way. I was thinking Pacers in 6 but if Raptors play the same way on Monday, then it's officially a sweep

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (2246) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.