Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1639765 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I don't think he'll play tomorrow. As it's not a good idea since he's very prone to ankle problems if players like Beverly decides to die on top his matter. He attempted shots to prove to Kerr that he could still play yesterday but was 0-3 at 3s so that rounded him off. A sweep would make things easy though.
If I were Kerr I'd give Steph the night off. Its a home game and I don't see why Livingston can't fill in his absence. Shift the scoring responsibility to Klay Thompson who can drop 40 on any given night especially at home

They don't play till Thursday and the ankle should be 100% by then
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
A40:

If I were Kerr I'd give Steph the night off. Its a home game and I don't see why Livingston can't fill in his absence. Shift the scoring responsibility to Klay Thompson who can drop 40 on any given night especially at home

They don't play till Thursday and the ankle should be 100% by then
I totally agree with you..

KAWHI Leonard named DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE Year. smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I totally agree with you..

KAWHI Leonard named DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE Year. smiley
Yup. He wins it again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
Tony Parker breezes last Larry Bird for 5th place in the assists chats
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mynd44:

Yup. He wins it again.
He totally deserves it..
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
He totally deserves it..
would have picked Draymond this time tho embarassed embarassed I think this season he kinda edged past Kawhi

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
would have picked Draymond this time tho embarassed embarassed I think this season he kinda edged past Kawhi

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
[quote author=Mynd44 post=44817370][/quote]lol Mr Spurs am not hating grin I just feel this season Draymond did better. But it's ok he would be compensated with another RING grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
lol Mr Spurs am not hating grin I just feel this season Draymond did better. But it's ok he would be compensated with another RING grin grin
I am okay with any team winning the playoffs except Lebron

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Feshizzy(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
[quote author=Mynd44 post=44817370][/quote]

Could you help me change me username or help me with the mod in charge.
Thanks

Regards,
EF
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
The vote count was very close between both players. Kawhi had 540+ and Green had 460+.. Kawhi is arguably the best Two way player.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
Feshizzy:

Could you help me change me username or help me with the mod in charge.
Thanks

Regards,
EF
Just like tribal mark and MTN, your username is same everywhere you go. You can open a new account..
Re: The NBA Begins by Feshizzy(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Just like tribal mark and MTN, your username is same everywhere you go. You can open a new account..
I beg to differ, I have seen people change their username.
I believe if I ask politely, the would be a possibility.

Regards,
EF
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
Feshizzy:

I beg to differ, I have seen people change their username.
I believe if I ask politely, the would be a possibility.

Regards,
EF
OK SIR.. embarassed

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
OK SIR.. embarassed
lol grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
The vote count was very close between both players. Kawhi had 540+ and Green had 460+.. Kawhi is arguably the best Two way player.
The award is for DPOY not best two way player... No one is arguing, of cuz he is the best two way player but I still believe THIS Year Draymond edged him
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
The award is for DPOY not best two way player... No one is arguing, of cuz he is the best two way player but I still believe THIS Year Draymond edged him
I know.. The DPOY doesn't have anything to do with Two way player. And don't worry. When we win, Green is taking the Finals MVP. That'll be manageable.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
OK SIR.. embarassed
Man i love NLAND, comedy relief sometimes lol

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Here is a rundown on Draymond's stats,
Pts. 1131, Reb's 769, Asst's 598, Blk's 113, Stl's 120 .

Kawhi's stats, Pts. 1523, Reb 493, Asst 186, Blk 71, stl 128.

Draymond also did something special and is the only one since 1973 to have 1000 pts, 500 reb's 500 asst's, 100 blks and 100 steals in one season.

I don't see Kawhi as being any better his stats are no where near Draymond's !!

Dude is the only player in the league that guards 1 - 5, and does a great job doing it.

Kawhi is a great defender for 1-3 but not super speedy 1s. Dray is more versital. But defensive award is going to go to a player from the team with the historic level defense.

Tnx for doing us a favour tho! An angry Draymond is what we need right now grin grin I expect him to have 35rebounds 25 steals 43blocks and whoever he is defending scoring 0points grin cool #c.l.d

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
Draymond is DPOY IMO

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:28am On Apr 19, 2016
A40:
Draymond is DPOY IMO
same here, if the raptors lose today again then something must be wrong with Canada
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 12:44am On Apr 19, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Here is a rundown on Draymond's stats,
Pts. 1131, Reb's 769, Asst's 598, Blk's 113, Stl's 120 .

Kawhi's stats, Pts. 1523, Reb 493, Asst 186, Blk 71, stl 128.

Draymond also did something special and is the only one since 1973 to have 1000 pts, 500 reb's 500 asst's, 100 blks and 100 steals in one season.

I don't see Kawhi as being any better his stats are no where near Draymond's !!

Dude is the only player in the league that guards 1 - 5, and does a great job doing it.

Kawhi is a great defender for 1-3 but not super speedy 1s. Dray is more versital. But defensive award is going to go to a player from the team with the historic level defense.

Tnx for doing us a favour tho! An angry Draymond is what we need right now grin grin I expect him to have 35rebounds 25 steals 43blocks and whoever he is defending scoring 0points grin cool #c.l.d

Baby, you're pitting a PF/centre with a small forward.

Surely, his stats would be better than Leonard's both in rebounds and blocks. If you use that logic, then Howard is better defensively than Green, no?

The closest way to measure their defense is usually the defensive +/-, defensive win shares, opponent paint and FG and also PIE(Player Impact Estimate)

In defensive rating - Kawhi averaged 94.9 points per 100 possessions while Green was 97.5

In defensive win shares - Kawhi had 0.071 and Green had 0.065

Opponent paint - Kawhi was 27, Green about 31

Opponent FG - Kawhi also led, same as Opponent's Points off turnovers and 2nd chance points

PIE - is the single most influential. Had one of the highest of the season 17 thereabouts. Green, about 13

His team allowed 99pts when Kawhi's off the floor. That reduces by 5 points to 94 when he's brought back in. Meanwhile, Green's is barely 2.5 or so.

The stats are a bore sure but represents why He's better at defending than Green. Spurs defense suffers when he doesn't play: The loss to Clippers, 113 points conceded to Lakers and Phoenix. Oh baby, dem yapa.

Green deserves a DPOY but most definitely didn't edge out Kawhi this year, love

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:58am On Apr 19, 2016
I also think Kawhi deserves his DPOY

In other news, Valanciunas is torching these guys grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 1:03am On Apr 19, 2016
Playoffs basketball!
Who y'all got in this series?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 19, 2016
Justin Anderson is really bothering KD. not to say KD will not end up dropping 50 on him lol.

Justin has more length, could stay with durant, better than WESLEY in my opinion. Watch KD drop 50 though lol grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Roland17:

I watched it and that should be an embarrassment to the coaching staff of the rockets, they should hide their faces in shame. I wrote a piece in the previous page when i challenged newer generation coaches to play to the strength of the team and their roaster..this has been an issue through out the season and like Shaq said last week, if he was Howard, he would commit 3 consecutive 3 second violations to express his displeasure.

Howard is running the floor, he is demnding the ball, however, he is not being rewarded and this has everything to do with coaching, Coaching in Houston don't believe Howard can produce the volume of scoring needed to win games and that is the nearsightedness of today's coach because it is not all about the scoring.

Firing Mchale sent a strong signal - that harden do whatever regardless of the coach. Dont blame the assistant coach for not risking his neck. I think Morey's future is on the line this offseason. While he is smart when it comes to numbers(dude went to MIT), the dude is not a good judge of character. Harden needs to go.

I missed game 1, and Im not sure i want to stay awake for game 2.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:22am On Apr 19, 2016
joephemzyz:
Playoffs basketball!
Who y'all got in this series?

Its Thunder's series to lose. With Chandler sidelined, I think the Mavs will fold ultimately Plus Thunder are hungry - who would believe Curry wins a ring before Westbrook.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 19, 2016
Hey @Roland @A40 @Birdman and @all i heard Dallas wants to pursue howard in the summer, as much as i have a problem with the guy, him not trying to be a winner, and certain things the media says about him, with a coach like Rick Carlisle, do you guys think he can produce?
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 2:31am On Apr 19, 2016
birdman:

Its Thunder's series to lose. With Chandler sidelined, I think the Mavs will fold ultimately Plus Thunder are hungry - who would believe Curry wins a ring before Westbrook .

Curry's a genius.

Lowry's killing it tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 2:42am On Apr 19, 2016
Great game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 19, 2016
Something must be wrong with rick carlisle lol, just take out Deron and save him for the next game. Play Felton as point and bring in Justin

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (2227) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.