Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633544 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:53am On Apr 27
Bucks mounting a furious comeback. My word
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 12:53am On Apr 27
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. Was shai drafted today?
He is an All star because he suddenly has a good supporting cast.
Jamal was headed for the tops before he was slowed down by injuries. He is still battling injuries.
Shai has not done anything new. Russell westbrook averaged a triple double, while Harden won the MVP with one of the highest PPG averages in recent times. The regular reason counts for naught and whether Shai can do what Murray did in the last playoffs, is yet to be seen.
You can play down SGA cool but facts on ground now is SGA is an MVP caliber player, top 3-5 in this league.
Jamal would lucky to make top 15-20
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:56am On Apr 27
Haliburton scoring offense has dipped since Siakam’s arrival and it may bite them in the playoffs. The Pacers need another dominant scorer outside of Siakam to shoulder the load. His assist numbers are great but his scoring offense has dropped significantly. He needs to attack to score just as much otherwise opponents will double Siakam all night.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:11am On Apr 27
kendrick9:
Like I said there's a difference been a number one option at tanking teams like Wizards, Hornets etc..and being a number one at a title contender.
Hell even Brad Beal was a no 1 at Wizards, Mikal Bridges at Nets...
Donovan Mitchell led Utah Jazz to 1st seed in 2021. Mitchell & Murray are contemporaries. The difference between the two is one is an Iso player and a volume scorer while the other is a team player in perfect synergy with Jokic as team leader. Murray has shown that he can lead his team when others are having a bad game. That's proof that he can be number one on any team. To you, a player has to be selfish and ball dominant to show he can be number 1. All that would fetch you is individual stats. Like Mitchell, like Shai. Like I have said, the playoffs is proof of the pudding. Shai's stat is nothing if it doesn't translate into playoff wins. Let Murray play alongside Wemby at Spurs and watch if he won't lead Spurs into the playoffs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 1:15am On Apr 27
Middleton 😮😮😮😮😮

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 1:19am On Apr 27
greypencils:
Donovan Mitchell led Utah Jazz to 1st seed in 2021. Mitchell & Murray are contemporaries. The difference between the two is one is an Iso player and a volume scorer while the other is a team player in perfect synergy with Jokic as team leader. Murray has shown that he can lead his team when others are having a bad game. That's proof that he can be number one on any team. To you, a player has to be selfish and ball dominant to show he can be number 1. All that would fetch you is individual stats. Like Mitchell, like Shai. Like I have said, the playoffs is proof of the pudding. Shai's stat is nothing if it doesn't translate into playoff wins. Let Murray play alongside Wemby at Spurs and watch if he won't lead Spurs into the playoffs.
If he joins Spurs he will be a 2 to the alien Wemby. Lol
And SGA is not even a ball hog.
Any good player will look good playing alongside the Joker, because he elevates his teammates.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:20am On Apr 27
kendrick9:
Your opinion but the fact is Jamal hasn't made an All NBA team.
Shai made an All NBA last season and will make it again this season.
I'm not even gonnal talk about all star cause some might say it's a popularity contest but SGA is still making those teams irrespective.
Watch these games and stop being swayed by these polling booth awards.

Ever since Jamal tore up his ACL the focus for the Nuggets has always been postseason and not spamming regular season stats and accolades

Paolo Banchero, Kyle Lowry, Sabonis, Victor Oladipo, Roy Hibbert are all players that have been Allstar or All NBA. No big deal there cos none of them are as good as Jamal and we all know this

Jamal has been 20-4-6 the last two seasons. For a top 2 seed in the West. If you think he needs to make any team for us to know his quality think again. Scan the league right now and tell me the team that will not trade their second best player for Jamal Murray

kendrick9:

Murray is a very good 2nd option don't get me wrong, every great side needs a good 2 to complement their number one.
Pippen was to Jordan, Kobe to Shaq, Gasol to Kobe, Kyrie to Lebron.
But the problem is when you want to take that 2 to a 1 and most of the times they fail.
Kyrie left Lebron and couldn't lead the Boston.
He's now a 2 to Luka.
Good that you point out all players need a good 2 to win.

Again you're not understanding the difference in pressure for a Kyrie that was expected to go to Boston and win vs a SGA that is allowed time to grow and fail and try again.

Being a former 2 now #1 expected to win is not the same as being a number 1 just trying their luck in the playoffs. SGA would wilt under the pressure Kyrie was under.

kendrick9:

Kobe was the only outlier who made that progress from a second option to a number one man leading the Lakers to the championship title.
No matter how great any player is they need a very good second man and some good role players.

Kawhi traded SGA who was a rookie for PG cause he wanted to win now.
In hindsight that was a terrible mistake judging by how things have gone now
SGA team was

22-50
24-58
40-42

3 losing seasons before their #2 pick Chet Holmgren showed up and lifted their ceiling

That's the luxury players like SGA enjoy, playing with no expectations and pressure to win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:22am On Apr 27
kendrick9:
If he joins Spurs he will be a 2 to the alien Wemby. Lol
And SGA is not even a ball hog.
Any good player will look good playing alongside the Joker, because he elevates his teammates.
To you , Murray can't score 30 every night in a team where he is no 1? Issorite.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:25am On Apr 27
SGA a top 5 player?? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:26am On Apr 27
How I wish Giannis, Butler and Rozier are healthy. The East would be in flames.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 1:30am On Apr 27
Middleton going crazy rn. This has been a huge carryjob and clutch masterpiece
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 1:35am On Apr 27
BlueMann:

Unfortunately for the Bucks, Haliburton wins it with a couple of seconds left.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:37am On Apr 27
I hate games like this. Why would Giannis be injured at this time?
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 1:37am On Apr 27
Patrick B should have done better there tbh. Hali just strolled past him
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:38am On Apr 27
BlueMann:
Robin needs Batman. Giannis is nowhere to be found. This thing dey pain me abeg.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:57am On Apr 27
James Harden is cooking
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:00am On Apr 27
E Ma fi ejo pa mi!

If dem born Bucks well, make una lose this series. I go spam this thread with pictures of Adrian Griffin and Drew Holiday.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:21am On Apr 27
Clippers don enter one chance. Mavericks are the younger, deeper and more physical team so far
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 2:28am On Apr 27
A40:

Watch these games and stop being swayed by these polling booth awards.

Ever since Jamal tore up his ACL the focus for the Nuggets has always been postseason and not spamming regular season stats and accolades

Paolo Banchero, Kyle Lowry, Sabonis, Victor Oladipo, Roy Hibbert are all players that have been Allstar or All NBA. No big deal there cos none of them are as good as Jamal and we all know this

Jamal has been 20-4-6 the last two seasons. For a top 2 seed in the West. If you think he needs to make any team for us to know his quality think again. Scan the league right now and tell me the team that will not trade their second best player for Jamal Murray

Good that you point out all players need a good 2 to win.

Again you're not understanding the difference in pressure for a Kyrie that was expected to go to Boston and win vs a SGA that is allowed time to grow and fail and try again.

Being a former 2 now #1 expected to win is not the same as being a number 1 just trying their luck in the playoffs. SGA would wilt under the pressure Kyrie was under.

SGA team was

22-50
24-58
40-42

3 losing seasons before their #2 pick Chet Holmgren showed up and lifted their ceiling

That's the luxury players like SGA enjoy, playing with no expectations and pressure to win

Of course there's pressure on home to succeed, you don't achieve the 1 seed in the west without pressure.
Pressure to prove they are legit in the post season.

As for those years, It was clear OKC were tanking for more picks.
SGA made an All NBA last season without Chet.
Of course Chet is important but he's clearly a 2 or 3rd option.

Kyrie is talented but putting your hope on him to lead a championship team isn't advisable grin due to his off court troubles.

Truth is I can name 10 players better than Murray in this league:
Jokic
Luka
SGA
Giannis
Kawhi
Brunson
Embid
Tatum
Antman
Durant
Curry.

And then you have the next 11-20; guys like Brown, Lebron, Morant, Booker, PG, Kyrie, Mitchell, Dame, Hali, Sabonis, Fox.Butler....
You could argue Murray fits into this group but it's arguable.
Not forgetting an outlier like Wemby whose potential is insane and everyone would take Wemby over Murray easily.
Murray benefits from playing with Joker IMO and so far in this series MPJ and Gordon are arguably playing better so far.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 2:33am On Apr 27
Roland17:
E Ma fi ejo pa mi!

If dem born Bucks well, make una lose this series. I go spam this thread with pictures of Adrian Griffin and Drew Holiday.

You and A40 will have a repeat conversation on this Adrian Griffin and Giannis. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 2:34am On Apr 27
A40:
Clippers don enter one chance. Mavericks are the younger, deeper and more physical team so far

Kawhi and PG are not even trying at all. It's a low down dirty shame.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:01am On Apr 27
larride:

Kawhi and PG are not even trying at all. It's a low down dirty shame.

You said the same about Lakers. Like I joked about earlier, these are older teams, suns, lakers, clippers, warriors They are living on reputation but all season you could tell their era is over. I would have rather rockets made the playoffs than any of these teams.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:14am On Apr 27
kendrick9:
Of course there's pressure on home to succeed, you don't achieve the 1 seed in the west without pressure.
Pressure to prove they are legit in the post season.

As for those years, It was clear OKC were tanking for more picks.
SGA made an All NBA last season without Chet.
Of course Chet is important but he's clearly a 2 or 3rd option.
There was no pressure or expectations on OKC entering the season to be a #1 seed.

There will be no pressure this season or next season.

How can OKC tank for more picks when they still have almost 50 picks from the Clippers?

The point is SGA was part of the tanking you claimed Murray would be in and SGA got the benefit of time. It took 3 years just to get to this point

kendrick9:

Kyrie is talented but putting your hope on him to lead a championship team isn't advisable grin due to his off court troubles.

Truth is I can name 10 players better than Murray in this league:
Jokic
Luka
SGA
Giannis
Kawhi
Brunson
Embid
Tatum
Antman
Durant
Curry.

And then you have the next 11-20; guys like Brown, Lebron, Morant, Booker, PG, Kyrie, Mitchell, Dame, Hali, Sabonis, Fox.Butler....
You could argue Murray fits into this group but it's arguable.
Not forgetting an outlier like Wemby whose potential is insane and everyone would take Wemby over Murray easily.
Murray benefits from playing with Joker IMO and so far in this series MPJ and Gordon are arguably playing better so far.
For your entire list and on current form the only players I will take ahead of Murray is Jokic, Luka, AD,Giannis and Ant.

I don't know anything about the rest guys you mentioned. But if I need to win a 7 game series I'm not taking none of those other niggas ahead of Murray

Joker also benefits from playing with Murray. We've seen Joker without Murray. Lost to the Warriors in 5, second round sweep to Devin Booker

All I know is Murray became healthy and Nuggets go from winning 1 playoff series to winning 4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:16am On Apr 27
larride:

You and A40 will have a repeat conversation on this Adrian Griffin and Giannis. grin
Who send them to go hire Papa Ajasco as coach
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:32am On Apr 27
Kawhi has a 3 year/150m kicking in next season. Yikes.

It's a pity Ballmer will never have the courage to pull the plug on this team. You wonder how he became a billionaire.

Your core is basically

33 year old Kawhi who's really 38

35 year old Harden who's about the same

36 year old Russ

34 year old PG. Always injured

Unless they pull a 14 Spurs you have to wonder how long they will trick themselves to be contenders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:36am On Apr 27
kendrick9:
You can play down SGA cool but facts on ground now is SGA is an MVP caliber player, top 3-5 in this league.
Jamal would lucky to make top 15-20

I still don't understand why when people compare players they don't take into account the specific situations. I love Jamal murray, but he is not the in the same ballpark as SGA. One is a bona-fide 1st option on a one seed while the other is the 2nd option to the very best player in the league. If we swapped both guys, Denver would be just as good if not better, while the Thunder with Murray as the number 1 will probably be a playin team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:21am On Apr 27
You watched Jalen Brunson lead the Knicks to the #2 seed with Josh Hart and Donte Divincenzo and swear Jamal Murray with a 19-4-4 guy in Jalen Williams and Chet Holmgren would be a play in team.

This Igbeaux una dey smoke abeg pass am to the left hand side

Denver would be as good or better? Based on what evidence. What is SGA's playoff resume to make such false claim? That's not even considering the fit and how well he's game will mesh with Joker never mind performances in the clutch and how busy can you get without the refs being involved

This nigga turning 26 just entering his first playoff series as a factor and we no go hear word. Mind you Luka is younger than him oh. In his 4th playoffs

SGA making his first playoffs at 26, Murray champion at 26 doing 32 and 10 in the WCF. They are not the same

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:53am On Apr 27
A40:
You watched Jalen Brunson lead the Knicks to the #2 seed with Josh Hart and Donte Divincenzo and swear Jamal Murray with a 19-4-4 guy in Jalen Williams and Chet Holmgren would be a play in team.

This Igbeaux una dey smoke abeg pass am to the left hand side

Denver would be as good or better? Based on what evidence. What is SGA's playoff resume to make such false claim? That's not even considering the fit and how well he's game will mesh with Joker never mind performances in the clutch and how busy can you get without the refs being involved

This nigga turning 26 just entering his first playoff series as a factor and we no go hear word. Mind you Luka is younger than him oh. In his 4th playoffs

SGA making his first playoffs at 26, Murray champion at 26 doing 32 and 10 in the WCF. They are not the same

SGA went to a team that gutted the whole roster for a complete rebuild. The idea that he was supposed to take that team to the playoffs is laughable.
I can't wait for the Olympics, I hope both of then go so we can see that there are levels to this.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:03am On Apr 27
Khanben:

SGA went to a team that gutted the whole roster for a complete rebuild. The idea that he was supposed to take that team to the playoffs is laughable.
I can't wait for the Olympics, I hope both of then go so we can see that there are levels to this.
Meaning he played on a team with no expectations of winning for several seasons. SGA was a nobody till last season. No playoff resume, nothing. No burden or pressure of performance

Murray only issue is durability

Bubble Murray was already a conference finalist with an ACL injury setting him back and potentially denying him and Joker another championship

Olympics una. What the hell will that prove? They will likely be on the same team with one man having to fall back so the other can flourish. The more important thing is let's see how SGA performs under pressure. When he's facing actual teams that can compete and put him under pressure with no refs to bail him out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:19am On Apr 27
Suns getting swept

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:57am On Apr 27
Some of these GMs actually need to be flogged in public and James Jones is one of them. I mean, how do you look at this team on the floor and think this was ever going to work out?

None of Beal/ Booker and KD are PGs, they are all over the court with bad spacing. All 3 are poor perimeter and point defenders, especially Beal, yet all 3 are starters?

Frank Vogel should get some of the blame for not having the courage to bench Beal and tinkering the lineup to find some spark from the bench. This has to be the worst defensive team in the playoffs this season.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 7:06am On Apr 27
A40:

There was no pressure or expectations on OKC entering the season to be a #1 seed.

There will be no pressure this season or next season.

How can OKC tank for more picks when they still have almost 50 picks from the Clippers?

The point is SGA was part of the tanking you claimed Murray would be in and SGA got the benefit of time. It took 3 years just to get to this point

For your entire list and on current form the only players I will take ahead of Murray is Jokic, Luka, AD,Giannis and Ant.

I don't know anything about the rest guys you mentioned. But if I need to win a 7 game series I'm not taking none of those other niggas ahead of Murray

Joker also benefits from playing with Murray. We've seen Joker without Murray. Lost to the Warriors in 5, second round sweep to Devin Booker

All I know is Murray became healthy and Nuggets go from winning 1 playoff series to winning 4
Remind him o. Like Denver won anything when Murray was injured. Even the Shai he is talking about is Bradley Beal without Chet Holmgren. Because OKC got 1st seed, Shai done turn superstar. Replace him with DeAaron Fox at OKC and watch Fox elevate his stats. Isn't that what Maxey is benefitting from? Would he score 50 if Harden was still in Philly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.