Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628722 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:
Happy to see Warriors at the top of the table 10-0

They were at the top of the table last season and still blew a 3-1 lead. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

They were at the top of the table last season and still blew a 3-1 lead. grin
I don't know what to say about that, that's now in the past tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:
I don't know what to say about that, that's now in the past tongue

No NBA team has ever rallied from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Finals. Three teamswon the title after being down 2-0 in a series , but none have secured the Ship after falling into a 1-3 hole. tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

No NBA team has ever rallied from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Finals. Three teamswon the title after being down 2-0 in a series , but none have secured the Ship after falling into a 1-3 hole. tongue
why not let us talk about 3-1 deficits against Thurnder in conference final

Karma is a real bitch grin from 3-1 deficit to win the west conference final, and lose the final with 3-1 lead. Karma being Karma as usual Cleveland Indians lose the World Series with 3-1 lead grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:
why not let us talk about 3-1 deficits against Thurnder in conference final

Karma is a real bitch grin from 3-1 deficit to win the west conference final, and lose the final with 3-1 lead. Karma being Karma as usual Cleveland Indians lose the World Series with 3-1 lead grin

That's baseball and i don't watch it and has nothing to do with this. Atleast, Indians were an underdog team, not as dominant as Warriors who blew a 3-1 lead.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

That's baseball and i don't watch it and has nothing to do with this. Atleast, Indians were an underdog team, not as dominant as Warriors who blew a 3-1 lead.
Why are you hating on Warriors? grin so which team do you support?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:
Why are you hating on Warriors? grin so which team do you support?
Still asking grin
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Still asking grin
seems she doesn't like Warriors, just want to know the team she is supporting
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:
She's been Cavs Fan since last season's playoffs but we didn't see or hear from her when they were down from 2-1, 3-1 until the equalled 3-3.. She's the Boss now So we keep taking Ls from her for blowing 3-1 lead cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:

Make an educated deduction, you can infer from her posts.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
Roland17:

Make an educated deduction, you can infer from her posts.
you mean I should go through her post when she can tell me if I ask her...

Well I don't know this post exist on nl, I just came across it like a week ago
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
SmooshCHN:
She's been Cavs Fan since last season's playoffs but we didn't see or hear from her when they were down from 2-1, 3-1 until the equalled 3-3.. She's the Boss now So we keep taking Ls from her for blowing 3-1 lead cheesy
Warriors should wound sealed the damn game in game 5 if not for Green suspension. This season will be good grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:
Warriors should wound sealed the damn game in game 5 if not for Green suspension. This season will be good grin

This was what every Warriors fans were saying when it was 3-2, now they don't say something like that anymore cause the nut kicker had 2 more games to prove his himself, But he blew a 3-1 lead together with his cindarellas sad

The nut kicker was there in game6 and LeBron still had 41pts grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

This was what every Warriors fans were saying when it was 3-2, now they don't say something like that anymore cause the nut kicker had 2 more games to prove his himself, But he blew a 3-1 lead together with his cindarellas sad

The nut kicker was there in game6 and LeBron still had 41pts grin grin
You know Klay Thomson lose form after game 5 grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
LeBron only needed to cry to the media. Now that influence only few people possess in the NBA. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
Lolawilliams abeg come, we need to discuss reverse trade talks. Lemme know what you think.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:
You know Klay Thomson lose form after game 5 grin grin

Thats nobody's business.. k.love played nonsense in the final too grin.. This shouldnt be an excuse cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Lolawilliams abeg come, we need to discuss reverse trade talks. Lemme know what you think.

Lol. you want to take C.paul and Redick for George back?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
Waiting for cavs/warriors season rematch
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

Thats nobody's business.. k.love played nonsense in the final too grin.. This shouldnt be an excuse cheesy
Well let's just wait and see...Warriors going 75-5 this season
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
ipledge10:
Well let's just wait and see...Warriors going 75-5 this season

You know good and well it can never be possible.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

You know good and well it can never be possible.
impossible no longer exist in dictionary... Anything is possible this year
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:41am On Nov 27, 2016
The Cavs 3pt shooting is a problem
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:14am On Nov 27, 2016
A40:

Big problem.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:38am On Nov 27, 2016
A40:
Yea. A big threat cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2016
November 26, Final Scores/Leaders:
Spurs – 112 Wizards – 100
Aldridge: 24 Pts. Leonard: 5 Asts. Gasol: 10 Rebs./Beal: 25 Pts. Beal: 5 Asts. Gortat: 10 Rebs.
Knicks – 102 Hornets – 107
Porzingis: 25 Pts. Rose: 8 Asts. Rose: 8 Rebs./Walker: 28 Pts. Walker: 3 Asts. Lamb: 17 Rebs.
Pistons – 88 Thunder – 106
Harris: 21 Pts. Smith: 3 Asts. Drummond: 8 Rebs./Morrow: 21 Pts. Westbrook: 15 Asts. Westbrook: 13 Rebs.
Grizzlies – 110 Heat – 107
Gasol: 28 Pts. Conley: 7 Asts. Allen: 8 Rebs./Waiters: 28 Pts. Waiters: 6 Asts. Whiteside: 12 Rebs.
Timberwolves – 102 Warriors – 115
LaVine: 31 Pts. Rubio: 7 Asts. Towns: 9 Rebs./Curry: 34 Pts. Curry: 6 Asts. Durant: 10 Rebs
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lovely thread... I've been following silently, tho I don't get to see the matches, I try to still follow and thanks to this thread I get current updates and even analysis. But Warriors is a much better team with KD now on the team, should they work together and peak together, then Warriors will defo beat Cavs in this year's repeat final. The Final is already certain with the way both teams are commanding their conference abi na zones grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
lolawilliams:

Yea. A big threat cheesy
A big enough threat to win the east but not big enough to down the Warriors. My take
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
KNIGHTBlaed:
Lovely thread... I've been following silently, tho I don't get to see the matches, I try to still follow and thanks to this thread I get current updates and even analysis. But Warriors is a much better team with KD now on the team, should they work together and peak together, then Warriors will defo beat Cavs in this year's repeat final. The Final is already certain with the way both teams are commanding their conference abi na zones grin grin grin
Yeah, a quiet observer, me too. The west would surely be tougher than the east which may leave the eventual champs drained going into the finals. Any of Spurs, Warriors and Clippers can make it all the way.
Early days though.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Yeah, a quiet observer, me too. The west would surely be tougher than the east which may leave the eventual champs drained going into the finals. Any of Spurs, Warriors and Clippers can make it all the way.
Early days though.

You are so right, and as stated on earlier discussions Warriors were totally drained in last final. The east is a very ride for Cavs and they could afford to keep their players fresh unlike Warriors, it was so obvious that after game 4 of the last final the Warriors players were worn out (tho they did their best) especially Klay Thompson. The suspension to Green is not an excuse but it did affect in the next game and his coming back in games 6 and 7 could not really make much difference (but I still believe if he had played in game 5, it would have been a wrap for Warriors) and to make matters worse, the bench was not up to it in the last 3 matches. With the additions made this season, Warriors would get to the finals (tho wont be an easy ride unlike for Cavs), but I just hope fatigue does not come into play...

The last final was really so tense and energy draining, it was really explosive...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 28, 2016
KNIGHTBlaed:

You are so right, and as stated on earlier discussions Warriors were totally drained in last final. The east is a very ride for Cavs and they could afford to keep their players fresh unlike Warriors, it was so obvious that after game 4 of the last final the Warriors players were worn out (tho they did their best) especially Klay Thompson. The suspension to Green is not an excuse but it did affect in the next game and his coming back in games 6 and 7 could not really make much difference (but I still believe if he had played in game 5, it would have been a wrap for Warriors) and to make matters worse, the bench was not up to it in the last 3 matches. With the additions made this season, Warriors would get to the finals (tho wont be an easy ride unlike for Cavs), but I just hope fatigue does not come into play...

The last final was really so tense and energy draining, it was really explosive...
I agree with you, 100%. I think the Warriors' acquisition of KD would just edge it for them, they have got that extra shooting power, added with his ability to turn up consistently with 20+ points per game while still reaching a double or triple double.
I'm a boyhood fan of Dwayne Wade since he won his first ring but my sentiments are with KD. Dude badly needs a ring to be mentioned as a true great, a mention he deserves
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:58am On Nov 28, 2016
November 27, Final Scores/Leaders:
Cavaliers – 112 Sixers – 108
Irving: 39 Pts. James: 13 Asts. Thompson: 12 Rebs./Embiid: 22 Pts. Rodriguez: 7 Asts. Embiid: 9 Rebs.
Nuggets – 120 Suns – 114
Chandler: 25 Pts. Mudiay: 6 Asts. Jokic: 11 Rebs./Bledsoe: 35 Pts. Bledsoe: 6 Asts. Chandler: 15 Rebs.
Clippers – 70 Pacers – 91
Griffin: 16 Pts. Paul: 4 Asts. Jordan: 14 Rebs./Turner: 17 Pts. Teague: 10 Asts. Teague: 12 Rebs.
Bucks – 104 Magic – 96
Henson: 20 Pts. Dellavedova: 8 Asts. Antetokounmpo: 9 Rebs./Fournier: 27 Pts. Fournier: 7 Asts. Vucevic: 16 Rebs.
Kings – 122 Nets – 105
Cousins: 37 Pts. Gay: 8 Asts. Cousins: 11 Rebs./Kilpatrick: 22 Pts. Booker: 5 Asts. Hamilton: 10 Rebs.
Pelicans – 81 Mavericks – 91
Davis: 36 Pts. Holiday: 6 Asts. Davis: 13 Rebs./Barnes: 23 Pts. Barnes: 4 Asts. Bogut: 14 Rebs.
Rockets – 130 Blazers – 114
Harden: 38 Pts. Harden: 10 Asts. Capela: 9 Rebs./McCollum: 28 Pts. McCollum: 7 Asts. Plumlee: 8 Rebs.
Hawks – 94 Lakers – 109
Bazemore: 21 Pts. Schroder: 8 Asts. Howard: 9 Rebs./Williams: 21 Pts. Clarkson: 5 Asts. Nance: 10 Rebs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.