Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630034 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:49am On Feb 26, 2017
SmooshCHN:
That was sweet in my ear when the commentators mention the playoffs stuff.

But why can't the Cavs take care if the Bulls?
Because it isn't the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Because it isn't the playoffs.
cheesy I'm looking up to your Celtics..
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
SmooshCHN:
cheesy I'm looking up to your Celtics..
First round fodder.
And am not even boasting.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Eruditor:

Did I not say it here? What good will it do for you when you score many points and let many more get past you?

The rim-protector is still what they need over and above every thing. D Will will not stop the rain when the chips are down.

You're scared already smiley

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
Muna15:

You're scared already smiley

Maggi inside sour soup; it will make no difference. Cavs need someone to stop the bleeding not someone who could create more offense alone. Cavs can't outscore GSW and can't out-defend Spurs so D Will's 13ppg won't contribute that much without a much desired rim-protector. Print that cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
Eruditor:

Maggi inside sour soup; it will make no difference. Cavs need someone to stop the bleeding not someone who could create more offense alone. Cavs can't outscore GSW and can't out-defend Spurs so D Will's 13ppg won't contribute that much without a much desired rim-protector. Print that cheesy

Maggi inside sour soup grin. The Playoff/Finals go tell us who the 'maggi' is. I won't be surprised if the maggi turns out to be KD.

The Cavs have won four out of the last five games against GSW. So, I don't understand what you mean by saying the Cavs can't outscore/out-defend GSW. Players get better around LeBron and I believe the addition of Deron will improve the team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
The Warriors that had the rim protector last season, where went they?
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
Naso Miami Heat go make playoffs, nobody talk them mata grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
kingsilly:
Naso Miami Heat go make playoffs, nobody talk them mata grin

Heat were 11-30 couple of weeks ago and now are 27-32 and just one game shy off 8th seed. S/O to the Heats
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
SIRcumalot:

First round fodder.
And am not even boasting.

Na APC broom we go use for those ones during p/offs. Their MR 4th quater go turn MR garbage points real quick

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
Muna15:

Maggi inside sour soup grin. The Playoff/Finals go tell us who the 'maggi' is. I won't be surprised if the maggi turns out to be KD.

The Cavs have won four out of the last five games against GSW. So, I don't understand what you mean by saying the Cavs can't outscore/out-defend GSW. Players get better around LeBron and I believe the addition of Deron will improve the team.

They said more when they were up 3-1 in finals. We all saw how it ended. smiley

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:08am On Feb 27, 2017
Muna15:

You guys like to console yourselves. So why not check the record in the last 18 games, why the last 5?

In the 57/58 games Cavs have played what's their points difference compared to GSWs? So how else are we going to tell who scores more? Compare how many under 100pts games Spurs have held other teams to, to Cavs. So which of these aspects will D-Will improve for them?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:12am On Feb 27, 2017
Decale:
The Warriors that had the rim protector last season, where went they?

Injured Bogut when it was 3-1?

I am really worried about Kyle Korver too. He was supposed to be a missing piece in the jigsaw until 7-8 in January.

Anyways, Deron is welcome. His 13ppg will do wonders.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 9:38am On Feb 27, 2017
Eruditor:

You guys like to console yourselves. So why not check the record in the last 18 games, why the last 5?

In the 57/58 games Cavs have played what's their points difference compared to GSWs? So how else are we going to tell who scores more? Compare how many under 100pts games Spurs have held other teams to, to Cavs. So which of these aspects will D-Will improve for them?

Basketeball is a win or lose game where point difference does not count. What matters is who wins! (I've decided to stop reminding you about the 3-1 chokeness)

I understand your concern about Deron PPG which I think the Cavs don't need to be worried about. What matters is that we've got a good veteran as a backup PG who is averaging more assists than Curry.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:58am On Feb 27, 2017
Muna15:

Basketeball is a win or lose game where point difference does not count. What matters is who wins! (I've decided to stop reminding you about the 3-1 chokeness)

I understand your concern about Deron PPG which I think the Cavs don't need to be worried about. What matters is that we've got a good veteran as a backup PG who is averaging more assists than Curry.

Oh no points difference counts like numbers on a calculator. If it didn't, how else would you feel CAVs could get to the ECF and not the Heats. What worries me is how CAVS don't refer to December 25th as an example of a Warriors choke anymore- they literally have to go months back to bring up the slightest whimper of banter.

I have no concerns about Deron only that I am trying to make sure a CAVS beatdown will be balanced just like it was in January (no more we need a playmaker excuse). I am guessing all those Deron assists and 13ppg were responsible for Mavs sitting on top the WC or better still, why he helped Cavs molest the Bulls in his first outing for his new team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
Eruditor:

Oh no points difference counts like numbers on a calculator. If it didn't, how else would you feel CAVs could get to the ECF and not the Heats. What worries me is how CAVS don't refer to December 25th as an example of a Warriors choke anymore- they literally have to go months back to bring up the slightest whimper of banter.

I have no concerns about Deron only that I am trying to make sure a CAVS beatdown will be balanced just like it was in January (no more we need a playmaker excuse). I am guessing all those Deron assists and 13ppg were responsible for Mavs sitting on top the WC or better still, why he helped Cavs molest the Bulls in his first outing for his new team.

Everyone knows the team with more points wins a Basketball game but the weight of the difference does not count.

Deron has not even played a game yet, and here you are getting wet on him. For your info, we' not done yet and I can't really wait for May to come cos we've got to settle this old score once and for all!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
Muna15:

Everyone knows the team with more points wins a Basketball game but the weight of the difference does not count.

Deron has not even played a game yet, and here you are getting wet on him. For your info, we' not done yet and I can't really wait for May to come cos we've got to settle this old score once and for all!

GSW averages the most PPGs. Spurs hold opposition to the least PPG. That was my argument. Cavs is neither of those teams. If push comes to shove, you have LBJ and Kyrie for points and who else? When it comes to forcing turnovers, blocks and transition defence you have in reality only Lebron and to some degree Thompson. This again produces a conundrum for Cavs this season. This explains why they go 4-19 when LBJ doesn't play.

So what was my question again? I said Deron is a good "playmaker". The quotes are because Lebron felt they needed one when they went 7-8 in January. Fair. But which of the seeming Cavs issues will D Will truly fix? That's why I said they need Bogut or whoever they want to get and that's good for them.

Good because every single time Cavs go through a bad patch Lebron comes up with another reason. First it was playmaker. Then it became a rim-protector. I want all these issues sorted out once and for all so we won't have any excuses.

Barring bad officiating and NBA interference, let the mettle of the Cavs really be tested. Period.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
Donlittle:
If Paul George can't get the pacers to the Playoffs in the east, how is he going to get the lakers to the Playoffs in the West if the lakers are in a win now mode?
Paul George since the injury has been good but not great. The days of him leading a team to conference finals are in the rear view and its unfortunate
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
Eruditor, I'm surprised you're still answering. When you bring up a reasonable points as to why Cavs struggle to Cavs fans, it's like they become more deaf or blind or like you're saying the Cavs isn't good or LeBron is washed up or useless.
Guess the after effect of overcoming 3-1..
He's simply saying the Cavs should pick the right man for the right solution without "Severe DRAMA!!". The addition of 1st round 2nd pick in 2011 draft which also includes (Irving and Tristan Thompson) or Deron Williams wouldn't solve your issue.. Lola used to say Cavs needed a Rim protector when they obviously needed a backup PG more to help LBJ and Irving and then they got Derrick Williams that didn't solve the PG issue nor the Rim Protecting issue. But yes!! Now they have Deron and would go for Bogut maybe.. So is the Cavs doing the right thing picking Deron? Maybe Yes but he doesn't play D and your Paint is bleeding also and Lola knows this, Cavs knows this that's why they're now after Bogut.
It's not hard knowing why they have the highest payroll in history. Their money has to buy everything. Kudos!!
No one hate your Cavs, just the way you talk about your team makes you look like you know nothing about the Cavs or don't want to.
And it's is really not disappointing.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Eruditor, I'm surprised you're still answering. When you bring up a reasonable points as to why Cavs struggle to Cavs fans, it's like they become more deaf or blind or like you're saying the Cavs isn't good or LeBron is washed up or useless.
He's simply saying the Cavs should pick the right man for the right solution without "Severe DRAMA!!". The addition of 1st round 2nd pick in 2011 draft which also includes (Irving and Tristan Thompson) or Deron Williams wouldn't solve your issue.. Lola used to say Cavs needed a Rim protector when they obviously needed a backup PG more to help LBJ and Irving and then they got Derrick Williams that didn't solve the PG issue nor the Rim Protecting issue. But yes!! Now they have Deron and would go for Bogut maybe.. So is the Cavs doing the right thing picking Deron? Maybe Yes but he doesn't play D and your Paint is bleeding also and Lola knows this, Cavs knows this that's why they're now after Bogut.
It's not hard knowing why they have the highest payroll in history. Their money has to buy everything. Kudos!!
No one hate your Cavs, just the way you talk about your team makes you look like you know nothing about the Cavs or don't want to.
Deron is too fix the backup point guard problem so LBJ won't have to play 30minutes a night.
We already talked about this ,don't know why it is coming back again.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Deron is too fix the backup point guard problem so LBJ won't have to play 30minutes a night.
We already talked about this ,don't know why it is coming back again.
I hope he's the complete first they want
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Cavs struggled in January but I'm glad they were able to learn from the adversity and everyone can see that from the 8-2 record in february and that's without a backup PG and a rim protector (which i believe we need). It might also be interesting to remind you that the Cavs played small in last year's finals and they won.

It's true we've got the highest payroll right now but the owner has not come out to complain. So,why should we? He knows we have a chance to go back-2-back by strengthening this team and I'm happy he's not holding back anything. Your 73-9 team got the second best player in the league and you want your rival to just fold their arms? To me, that's hypocrisy!

I enjoy reading your submissions on this thread but I don't understand what you mean by your concluding statement. I'm okay with that but I think you would do well not take any argument personal.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I hope he's the complete first they want
We should get Bogut just for the drama.
Mozgod didn't get major minutes in the final sef maybe things will change this time.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:18am On Feb 28, 2017
Muna15:

Cavs struggled in January but I'm glad they were able to learn from the adversity and everyone can see that from the 8-2 record in february and that's without a backup PG and a rim protector (which i believe we need). It might also be interesting to remind you that the Cavs played small in last year's finals and they won.

It's true we've got the highest payroll right now but the owner has not come out to complain. So,why should we? He knows we have a chance to go back-2-back by strengthening this team and I'm happy he's not holding back anything. Your 73-9 team got the second best player in the league and you want your rival to just fold their arms? To me, that's hypocrisy!

I enjoy reading your submissions on this thread but I don't understand what you mean by your concluding statement. I'm okay with that but I think you would do well not take any argument personal.

You just repeated all I said before. And while you agree with me and I said Cavs are doing the right thing except yet you still think I spite your Cavs hence the latter part.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:29am On Feb 28, 2017
Milwaukee are up for a serious drubbing today. Meanwhile, Philly think this is a playoff game.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:43am On Feb 28, 2017
Welcome to the land Deron Williams. That jersey number though, Reminding Warriors they had the worst choke blow in Nba playoffs history. lmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by allenmeist: 2:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
Am still of the opinion that with or without both D-William and kyle Korver the dubs stand a better chance of winning the larry o'brien...tho' the trio of players bring a wealth of experience to the team but they're just cover for the starters.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:05am On Mar 01, 2017
Ka ma kuro ka ma ja le Williams and Bogut are solid additions and I never expected the Cavs would pull of this heist. I am especially happy cos now LeFlop literally has no excuse
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:31am On Mar 01, 2017
anybody watching this warriors-wizard game ?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:42am On Mar 01, 2017
i don notice this wizards team since that game against celtics and the cavs
i wish KD still dey this game,no lead is safe.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:09am On Mar 01, 2017
curry has been very cold so far this first half.
has to get going if they'll get anything from this game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.