Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,033 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635355 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Donlittle:
I don't, you said "his shooting remained sharp, the accuracy of his shooting was on par with his 2005–06 MVP campaign (shooting at least 50% from the field, 40% from the three-point arc, and 90% from the free throw line)."

And I ask solely because of that, do you think because his shooting percentage means he is a better shooter than curry. Nash probably shoots 5 threes a game, most likely less than by the way so his shooting percentage will be higher. Like erudite said because Dwight Chuck's up two threes s year and makes one and he is 50% from three don't mean he is a better shooter. Most times, we are looking at how many times they are shooting and how often

This is from wikipedia " The 50–40–90 club is an informal term referring to the group of National Basketball Association (NBA) players who have had a shooting percentage at or above 50% for field goals , 40% for
three-pointers , and 90% for free throws during an entire NBA regular season while also achieving the NBA minimum number of makes in each category.[1] A total of seven players have had 50–40–90 seasons.
50–40–90 indicates a great all-around shooting performance and is considered the ultimate standard for
shooters.[2] Steve Nash has the most 50–40–90 seasons with four, two more than any other player. His lifetime 49–43–90 average is the closest anyone has come to achieving a career 50–40–90 mark. [3] Stephen Curry is the most recent player to accomplish this feat, during the 2015–16 NBA season"

I didnt see anywhere i said Nash shoots 3s than Nash. And i believe you wont tell me Curry shoots better than Nash, Maybe when Curry gets more 50-40-90 mark than Nash. we can talk about that

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
Donlittle:
grin grin

If you say he isn't in your top 5 but in top 10, we will say okay, but after putting him with bledsoe and kemba it's obvious you are trolling. Well done.

Really trolling grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
Can we see a top 5 PG list from everybody?

Modified:

If I want to fix Curry in a top 5, he'd definitely be at no 5. There's no way he's playing better than Harden, WB, Thomas and Wall.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
lolawilliams:

This is from wikipedia " The 50–40–90 club is an informal term referring to the group of National Basketball Association (NBA) players who have had a shooting percentage at or above 50% for field goals , 40% for
three-pointers , and 90% for free throws during an entire NBA regular season while also achieving the NBA minimum number of makes in each category.[1] A total of seven players have had 50–40–90 seasons.
50–40–90 indicates a great all-around shooting performance and is considered the ultimate standard for
shooters.[2] Steve Nash has the most 50–40–90 seasons with four, two more than any other player. His lifetime 49–43–90 average is the closest anyone has come to achieving a career 50–40–90 mark. [3] Stephen Curry is the most recent player to accomplish this feat, during the 2015–16 NBA season"

I didnt see anywhere i said Nash shoots 3s than Nash. And i believe you wont tell me Curry shoots better than Nash, Maybe when Curry gets more 50-40-90 mark than Nash. we can talk about that
lmao wth. Reggie Miller, ray Allen are better shooters than Nash, and curry is in the Allen Reggie club type of shooters. You are sorely a hater
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
Decale:

Modified:

If I want to fix Curry in a top 5, he'd definitely be at no 5. There's no way he's playing better than Harden, WB, Thomas and Wall.

Harden
Westbrook
I.T
Irving
Wall
Curry
Lowry
CP3- is averaging 17.5 points and 9.7 assists while leading the league in steals. Even while injured, he still deserves a spot
Kemba
Bledsoe
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
Irving is averaging more minutes than curry and curry is averaging more points, rebounds, and assists than him but Irving is number four while curry is number 6?

Curry still has to share the ball with Durant and klay. Do you see what we are saying? Lol
What kind of hatred is this?

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
Decale:

Modified:

At least you're not trolling
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
At least you're not trolling
I don't think she is trolling self. She thinks she is right probably
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
lolawilliams:

You're a butthurt Warriors fan, Its obvious.
Idk if curry's 43 pts n 29 minutes during the win over the Clippers is still making you rate him this much. He's not even in my top5 pg, but def in my top10 were you'd find Bledsoe and kemba
Abeg. Which one is butthurt again? Make sensible analysis that's all. Stop the hate abeg. I'm surprised everyone's just noticing cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Donlittle:
I don't think she is trolling self. She thinks she is right probably
That's worse cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
That's worse cheesy
she thinks Nash can shoot better than curry. So I think she is serious. Not Reggie, not ray, but Nash? No disrespect to Nash though sha
Re: The NBA Begins by OVERCONFIDENCE(m): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
OVERCONFIDENCE FOOTBALL PREDICTION

AKA THE PROPHECY

THIS WEEKEND IS GOING TO BE A GREAT ONE.

WE ARE A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WATCH FOOTBALL MATCHES BEFORE THEY ARE PLAYED IN REAL LIFE.

OUR PREDICTION IS ALWAYS ACCURATE.

WE ENCOURAGE OUR USERS TO PUT IN HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY IN ORDER TO WIN BIG.

WE WILL BE GIVING OUT OUR PREDICTION FOR FREE THIS WEEK.

AND OUR SUBSEQUENT PREDICTIONS WILL BE SOLD AT $10 (FEE) FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH.

OUR FEE INCREASES EVERY MONTH BEFORE WE PROPHESY REALITY.

WE ONLY RECEIVE PAYMENT IN OUR BITCOIN WALLET ADDRESS.

PROPHECY WILL BE DROPPED ON SATURDAY THE 26TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 AT EXACTLY 9:00 AM

#OVERCONFIDENCE FOOTBALL PREDICTION

#THE PROPHECY
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
Decale:

Modified:

Apart from Wall I agree with your list. I would have placed Curry 4th. I know he has had some iffy games but trust me he did last season too. Utah Jazz was a 14pt game. Spurs second leg was a 15point game. Players have such games.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
Decale:

Modified:

1. Harden
2. Westbrook
3. I.T
4. John Wall
5. Lowry

No disrespect to LeBron's rival and Kyrie, but those 5 PGs mentioned are the hearts of their respective teams. They dare not show up!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2017
Harden
Westbrook
John Wall
Curry
Kyle Lowry/Isaiah Thomas
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Harden
Westbrook
John Wall
Curry
Kyle Lowry/Isaiah Thomas
U dey cheat bro wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Harden
Westbrook
John Wall
Curry
Kyle Lowry/Isaiah Thomas

You're entitled to your opinion but ranking Curry ahead of Isaiah is kinda odd.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
Isaiah Thomas (Yes!!! it's called Celtics bias grin. Shebi na my list grin angry)

James Harden

Russel Westbrook

John Wall

Steph Curry

Honorable mention

Kemba Walker: This man has been lights out thus far, sadly, his franchise does not get the hype it deserves on national TV. Also, they are placed 11th on the log, and may not make the playoff's.

Kyle Lowry: He has had a terrific season, my only hesitation is that the Raptors slid to 4th after D. Rozan got injured. Lowry could not lead the charge as they went on a 4 game losing streak i think, including losses to Phoenix.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Roland17:
Isaiah Thomas (Yes!!! it's called Celtics bias grin. Shebi na my list grin angry)

James Harden

Russel Westbrook

John Wall

Steph Curry

Honorable mention

Kemba Walker (This man has been lights out thus far, sadly, his franchise does not get the hype it deserves on national TV).
Hope Michael Jordan can get him some help
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yogi Ferrell

James Harden

Russell Westbrook

Isiah Thomas

Stephany curry

cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
Donlittle:
Yogi Ferrell

James Harden

Russell Westbrook

Isiah Thomas

Stephany curry

cool

I see your soft work there oo. List na list grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Roland17:

I see your soft work there oo. List na list grin
Baba list Na list, sebi Na my list grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
Just look at these mongrels, Roland17 and Donlittle grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
Donlittle:
Baba list Na list, sebi Na my list grin
Una no go kill person
Muna15:

You're entitled to your opinion but ranking Curry ahead of Isaiah is kinda odd.
Yeah!! Kinda odd. But it's still close you know. wink
Re: The NBA Begins by geebril(m): 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
Top #5
1. Westbrook

2. Harden

3. Isiah Thomas

4. DeRozan

5. Cp3/Curry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by geebril(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
OVERCONFIDENCE:
OVERCONFIDENCE FOOTBALL PREDICTION

AKA THE PROPHECY

THIS WEEKEND IS GOING TO BE A GREAT ONE.

WE ARE A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WATCH FOOTBALL MATCHES BEFORE THEY ARE PLAYED IN REAL LIFE.

OUR PREDICTION IS ALWAYS ACCURATE.

WE ENCOURAGE OUR USERS TO PUT IN HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY IN ORDER TO WIN BIG.

WE WILL BE GIVING OUT OUR PREDICTION FOR FREE THIS WEEK.

AND OUR SUBSEQUENT PREDICTIONS WILL BE SOLD AT $10 (FEE) FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH.

OUR FEE INCREASES EVERY MONTH BEFORE WE PROPHESY REALITY.

WE ONLY RECEIVE PAYMENT IN OUR BITCOIN WALLET ADDRESS.

PROPHECY WILL BE DROPPED ON SATURDAY THE 26TH OF FEBRUARY 2017 AT EXACTLY 9:00 AM

#OVERCONFIDENCE FOOTBALL PREDICTION

#THE PROPHECY

Gerrarahere!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
geebril:
Top #5
1. Westbrook

2. Harden

3. Isiah Thomas

4. DeRozan

5. Cp3/Curry
just because you want put curry for number 5, you call derozan pg? Baba derozan Na SG o
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
geebril:
Top #5
1. Westbrook

2. Harden

3. Isiah Thomas

4. DeRozan

5. Cp3/Curry

Point guards only.
Re: The NBA Begins by geebril(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
Donlittle:
just because you want put curry for number 5, you call derozan pg? Baba derozan Na SG o
it just means that i'd prefer to play him as a pg on my team....

And Lillard would be a good fix there sef..
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
geebril:

it just means that i'd prefer to play him as a pg on my team....

Huh?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
Decale:

Huh?
grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
Harden
Westbrook
John Wall
Isiah Thomas
Curry

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.