Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,310 members, 7,839,503 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1646359 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (2235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:51am On Apr 13, 2017
Brad Stevens has gone about building an identity for this team without the hype. He has stayed under the radar, deflecting the attention to the players. I am very proud of this team.

A team with only one star, usurps the defending champion who boast of 3 super stars and first team all NBA players to finish first.

While finishing first does not necessarily depict a long run in the playoff's, i think it is worth celebrating for the players and fans.

#greenrunsdep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Apr 13, 2017
The NHL post season kicked off today.. I am so loving the month of April.

#GoBlackhawks
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 5:26am On Apr 13, 2017
lolawilliams:
6 Blocks and 10 Rebs for the new guy. Finally the Cavs have a perfect rim protector and will be a big help in playoffs if his defense is consistent.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Oya everybody start dropping your playoffs prediction...for the culture
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 7:25am On Apr 13, 2017
Decale:
Oya everybody start dropping your playoffs prediction...for the culture

Cavs win the east, I don't know about the west though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:37am On Apr 13, 2017
Manutd19:

Cavs win the east, I don't know about the west though.

Make I start

Blazers 0 vs 4 Warriors
Grizzlies 2 vs 4 Spurs
Thunder 2 vs 4 Rockets
Jazz 3 vs 4 Clippers

East:

Bulls 4 vs 3 Celtics. Leave me, I'm petty angry
Pacers 1 vs 4 Cavs
Bucks 2 vs 4 Raptors
Hawks 3 vs 4 Wizards

#Leggo

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2017
have never watched any bulls game all season but that matchup is the most likely chance for an upset.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 9:10am On Apr 13, 2017
i thought Miami will make the playoffs. Thats a shame.

Hahaha. Rockets Vs Thunder. Haba, thats not fair oo. The battle for MVP continues
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2017
Decale:

Make I start

Blazers 0 vs 4 Warriors
Grizzlies 2 vs 4 Spurs
Thunder 2 vs 4 Rockets
Jazz 3 vs 4 Clippers

East:

Bulls 4 vs 3 Celtics. Leave me, I'm petty angry
Pacers 1 vs 4 Cavs
Bucks 2 vs 4 Raptors
Hawks 3 vs 4 Wizards

#Leggo
Guy I feel you die.. cheesy Just change Clippers and Utah.. Utah will win cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
Roland17:
The NHL post season kicked off today.. I am so loving the month of April.

#GoBlackhawks
You guys aren't coming out that West.

Malkin is back. The Penguins going for that repeat
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2017
East
Celtics vs Bulls: Wade is back but these Bulls just seem a bit too dysfunctional to cause an upset. However dysfunctional outfits have done so in the past. Still think Celts prevail. 4-2

Cavs vs Pacers: Picking up Stephenson is looking like a master stroke. Though Paul George is balling out of his mind it must be said. The Cavs are slumping with Kyrie's health suspect and Bron Bron's minutes through the roof. This matchup has the ingredients for an upset. Two defensively indisciplined sides but I go with the guy who has never been eliminated in the 1st round. Cavs 4-1

Raptors vs Bucks: Getting Lowry back is a huge deal for the Raptors. The Bucks merely getting to this point is a miracle after losing Jabari Parker. Still feel their lack of outside shooting is a big problem. And who do they have that can slow down DeRozan? Raptors 4-1

Wizards vs Hawks: Most evenly matched teams. The Hawks matchup well with the Wizards too and these Wizards with their whining and lack of defense have me sniffing an upset. I'm torn between 4-2 for the Wizards or 4-2 for the Hawks
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
A40:

You guys aren't coming out that West.

Malkin is back. The Penguins going for that repeat

Haha!!!!!, Bring the Pegs on (If they even make it out)!!!

They looked good on the ice last night against the blue jackets, and Malkin showed why he is one of the best Centerman in the league with 2 assists. That being said, they are not defeating the dynamic duo of T.J Oshie and A. Ovechkin in the eastern conference finals. The caps have been perennial disappointments during the post season, however, this season looks entirely different, kind of reminiscent of last season for the Penguins. The Caps have speed in offense, force in defense and brute power when needed.

As for the west, i watched the Blues v Wilds last night also, and i don't see how any of both can stop the Blackhawks. The Blues with Taresenko were lucky at Minnesota because Jake Allen was magnificent in the post. The Blackhawks have an easier ride to the finals in comparison to the Pegs. We have a blend of youth and experience. P. Kane, J. Toews, M. Hossa and B. Seabrook are super stars with play off experience. The only teething problem for the Blackhawks, especially in the playoff's has been goal tending with C. Crawford. He can be very inconsistent in the post season. Last season, he said he was trying too hard and lost focus, but he can also be great when he does not lose focus.

The Ducks are the only team i worry about in the western conference because they are quite scrappy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
East

Bulls v Celtics: 2-4 Celtics

Pacers v Cavaliers: 4-3 Pacers

Bucks v Raptors: 1-4 Raptors

Hawks v Wizards: 4-3 Hawks

West

Blazers v Warriors: 0-4 Warriors

Grizzlies v Spurs: 1-4 Spurs

Thunder v Rockets: 2-4 Rockets

Jazz v Clippers: 2-4 Clippers

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2017
Roland17:

Haha!!!!!, Bring the Pegs on (If they even make it out)!!!

They looked good on the ice last night against the blue jackets, and Malkin showed why he is one of the best Centerman in the league with 2 assists. That being said, they are not defeating the dynamic duo of T.J Oshie and A. Ovechkin in the eastern conference finals. The caps have been perennial disappointments during the post season, however, this season looks entirely different, kind of reminiscent of last season for the Penguins. The Caps have speed in offense, force in defense and brute power when needed.

As for the west, i watched the Blues v Wilds last night also, and i don't see how any of both can stop the Blackhawks. The Blues with Taresenko were lucky at Minnesota because Jake Allen was magnificent in the post. The Blackhawks have an easier ride to the finals in comparison to the Pegs. We have a blend of youth and experience. P. Kane, J. Toews, M. Hossa and B. Seabrook are super stars with play off experience. The only teething problem for the Blackhawks, especially in the playoff's has been goal tending with C. Crawford. He can be very inconsistent in the post season. Last season, he said he was trying too hard and lost focus, but he can also be great when he does not lose focus.

The Ducks are the only team i worry about in the western conference because they are quite scrappy.
Capitals? Mschewww. Na today? Those ones na regular season merchants. Facing the same team in 2 weeks has a way of exposing the Capitals. Sidney Crosby will always son Ovechkin the Good Lord has made it so. My Pens have not 1 but two competent goalies who can suit up any given night. The teams that worry me a bit are the Bruins with Marchand, Bergeron, Nash and the Rangers because of the playoff experience plus the past battles. I'm very confident with Malkin back and knowing goals can come from Kessel, Rust, Sheary, Hornqvist and just about anybody

As for the Blues being lucky its almost a law that you can't win a Cup without a good/great goalie especially on the road. You guys might struggle with their bruising style like last year. Toews game has also dipped this year. Whether he can come to life in the playoffs we would see but LA Kings in the years past showed the way to beat the Hawks and the Blues and Sharks are two teams I feel can do the job
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
Roland17:
East

Bulls v Celtics: 2-4 Celtics

Pacers v Cavaliers: 4-3 Pacers

Bucks v Raptors: 1-4 Raptors

Hawks v Wizards: 4-3 Hawks

West

Blazers v Warriors: 0-4 Warriors

Grizzlies v Spurs: 1-4 Spurs

Thunder v Rockets: 2-4 Rockets

Jazz v Clippers: 2-4 Clippers

This your East prediction. In one view, it's plausible but then in another, you want Celtics to move in peace grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
Decale:

This your East prediction. In one view, it's plausible but then in another, you want Celtics to move in peace grin

LMAOOOO.

Truthfully, i evaluated each team based on their momentum heading into the post season. Momentum is very important in the post season. Irrespective, the Celtics are guaranteed a difficult post season.
Re: The NBA Begins by DerrickOfficial(m): 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
Whoa!! Nice to be back here........ Whassup y'all Lolawillians,A40 and the team been a while
Re: The NBA Begins by DerrickOfficial(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
Predictions

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
Lillard will take one game at least from the dubs
Cavs will finally get serious and sweep all series to the finals
Clippers will dominate Utah
Re: The NBA Begins by Jengem: 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
lolawilliams:

Bulls are not that though. I believe we can beat them but we just keep taking the L's against them for some reasons.

Hi...r u in bmore countu or city?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
Jengem:

Hi...r u in bmore countu or city?
Bmore city.
Re: The NBA Begins by Jengem: 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
lolawilliams:

Bmore city.

Wanna meet up for drinks?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
DerrickOfficial:
Whoa!! Nice to be back here........ Whassup y'all Lolawillians,A40 and the team been a while
Welcome back

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
Jengem:

Wanna meet up for drinks?
No, Thanks smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2017
lolawilliams:

No, Thanks smiley
shocked sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2017
lolawilliams:

Arsenal? You forgot Falcons too?
angry angry angry angry
just wait till lebron losses this year, walahi, you go hear am.
Re: The NBA Begins by Jengem: 1:10am On Apr 14, 2017
lolawilliams:

No, Thanks smiley

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 1:33am On Apr 14, 2017
East:

Pacers 1 vs 4 Cavs
Bulls 3 vs 4 Celtics
Bucks 2 vs 4 Raptors
Hawks 2 vs 4 Wizards

West:

Blazers 1 vs 4 Warriors
Grizzlies 2 vs 4 Spurs
Thunder 1 vs 4 Rockets
Clippers 2 vs 4 Jazz

#FirstRoundPrediction
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 1:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
greenrunsdeep.........cant wait, isaiah thomas jor nitori olorun... turnup
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
The good thing I like about predictions is that they aren't fail safe.
Many would be shocked.
Re: The NBA Begins by kayana007: 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
this weekend, the big games are here...!
Man U VS Chelsea
Inter VS AC Milan
Who will be the winner....!
decide the future...!
www.lokabet.com

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
Roland17:
Brad Stevens has gone about building an identity for this team without the hype. He has stayed under the radar, deflecting the attention to the players. I am very proud of this team.

A team with only one star, usurps the defending champion who boast of 3 super stars and first team all NBA players to finish first.

While finishing first does not necessarily depict a long run in the playoff's, i think it is worth celebrating for the players and fans.

#greenrunsdep

Let your teams achievements stand on its own, no? Isnt it interesting that you still have to mention the cavs to help burnish what the celtics have done this year.. lebron's greatness is a spectre for friend and foe smiley . Anyways, lets see what your boys are going to do.

Btw, the cavs have picked a hot potato. when p george gets hot, he just gets hot. And he can win a game or two by himself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (2235) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.