Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1637800 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 18, 2017
Decale:

You no dey watch the game?

The guy suddenly stopped the hustle after that last rebound and fullcourt pass to Crowder. From 5 to 12 rebounds within one quarter.

At least the triple double and W will be a better headline than his bad shooting day

In most games he tends to get the chunk of his rebounds in the latter stages when the cavs go small. He needs to assert himself on the boards especially with their tendency to give away second chances.

Granted he had a bad shooting day today. Somehow his newly found jumper seems to have forsaken him especially from deep, maybe he took her for granted. He's complaining about not being efficient enough in the interview.

Anyways, like i said we didn't play well on the night of a back to back, short handed but we still got the W, in the end that's all that matters.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:43am On Dec 18, 2017
Roland17:

I know you were without Brown after he went down with the calf injury, however, I am not convinced your Bees can stop Gronk and Brady. Gronk was a one-man show today, he beat the Steelers by himself. I don't understand why Big Ben forced that throw through the middle. It was very bad decision not to kick the field goal to tie the game.
Those refs are on payroll. We were robbed blind!!!

Clear TD was chalked off. No wonder NFL ratings are dropping

We also had a PI on Eli Rogers that those dubious refs missed and then called it for Gronk

Ben actually wanted to spike the ball for a FG attempt but Tomlin wanted to go for it. Bad call! The receivers were just standing around and Ben had nobody else to throw it to..

Tough luck on Aaron Rodgers too. It's a pity he got the Panthers D on his first game back

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:04am On Dec 18, 2017
AlderFadington:

In most games he tends to get the chunk of his rebounds in the latter stages when the cavs go small. He needs to assert himself on the boards especially with their tendency to give away second chances

That one fit be other days, no be today

Someone that took uncontested rebounds from his teammates about three or more times.

Anyway, everybody dey do am. Make I no hear stat padding for this thread again
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:05am On Dec 18, 2017
A40:
Those refs are on payroll. We were robbed blind!!!

Clear TD was chalked off. No wonder NFL ratings are dropping

We also had a PI on Eli Rogers that those dubious refs missed and then called it for Gronk

Ben actually wanted to spike the ball for a FG attempt but Tomlin wanted to go for it. Bad call! The receivers were just standing around and Ben had nobody else to throw it to..

Tough luck on Aaron Rodgers too. It's a pity he got the Panthers D on his first game back

I think the refs were correct when they canceled the touchdown, replay shows his knees were down before the ball crossed the line. Baba, it was the right call, a difficult one albeit.

I think it was the OC that called that play because Tomlin wanted a spike and Big Ben was ready to spike until the call was changed and the Patriots are very experienced with such plays, Remember the Butler pick at the Superbowl against Wilson? Big Ben said he heard a changed call from the sidelines and it was not Tomlin.

I think you guys missed Shazier's big body, he could have managed Gronk better, maybe not stop him but alter the decisions. You guys needed that home advantage. You can't defeat the Patriots in Foxborough, that would be too much to ask for.

As for Rodgers, the surgically repaired collarbone definitely affected the power and pace of his throws, the 3 interceptions were a testimony.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:22am On Dec 18, 2017
Decale:

That one fit be other days, no be today

Someone that took uncontested rebounds from his teammates about three or more times.

Anyway, everybody dey do am. Make I no hear stat padding for this thread again
Shey I talk am last week.. I still dey watch Harden though. These things are common among the MVP frontrunners. Sadly, the MVP award has been washed down to numbers.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:00am On Dec 18, 2017
Roland17:

I think the refs were correct when they canceled the touchdown, replay shows his knees were down before the ball crossed the line. Baba, it was the right call, a difficult one albeit.

I think it was the OC that called that play because Tomlin wanted a spike and Big Ben was ready to spike until the call was changed and the Patriots are very experienced with such plays, Remember the Butler pick at the Superbowl against Wilson? Big Ben said he heard a changed call from the sidelines and it was not Tomlin.

I think you guys missed Shazier's big body, he could have managed Gronk better, maybe not stop him but alter the decisions. You guys needed that home advantage. You can't defeat the Patriots in Foxborough, that would be too much to ask for.

As for Rodgers, the surgically repaired collarbone definitely affected the power and pace of his throws, the 3 interceptions were a testimony.
The issue was not the knees. He broke the plane before that. They claimed he did not have possession of the ball. Every replay has shown it to be false. The whole world knows we were robbed

Tomlin can be very aggressive. I think he coulda vetoed that play but didn't because Tomlin is always down to take risks and I'm sure that's what the OC banked on. I can live with the call but it was an unnecessary risk.

This Patriots team can totally be beat. I just don't know if we are the team that can do it. A Kansas or Jacksonville can spring a surprise. These guys just know and exploit our weaknesses every time
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:32am On Dec 18, 2017
A40:
The issue was not the knees. He broke the plane before that. They claimed he did not have possession of the ball. Every replay has shown it to be false. The whole world knows we were robbed

Tomlin can be very aggressive. I think he coulda vetoed that play but didn't because Tomlin is always down to take risks and I'm sure that's what the OC banked on. I can live with the call but it was an unnecessary risk.

This Patriots team can totally be beat. I just don't know if we are the team that can do it. A Kansas or Jacksonville can spring a surprise. These guys just know and exploit our weaknesses every time

If having possession is the argument, then I have to agree Steelers nation have a case because he had possession.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:40am On Dec 18, 2017
Two things I learnt from the Cavaliers vs Wizards game.

1. John Wall and the Wizards are who I am convinced they are.....Delusional.

2. Lebron is definetly stat padding with hopes it helps him make a stronger case for the MVP.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2017
cheesy

Averaged a triple double in an NBA final but because he didn't win no one cares. When he decides to actually care and play during the regular season and is actually starting to make a case of MVP some people are shook. Is there anyone in the NBA more suited to getting triple doubles than LeBron? Stat padding grin

These guys are hopeless.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2017
A fun stat for you stat "cushion" mob.

To date he has 303 games with 7+ Ast, 7+ Reb, 162 with 8+Ast, 8+Reb and 71 with 9+ Ast, 9+ Reb; but only 37 triple-doubles.

This was about 3 years ago in March 2015. Imagine what the numbers are now. He couldve been far ahead of oscar by now. All these years he wasn't stat padding cheesy

He's getting MVP number 5 people. Get ready for it. And A40 get ready for a new moniker.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 18, 2017
Nah nah nah.

New triple double rules should be implemented....WTF.angry

If you don't make up to 6crossovers in the same game you got over 10points,10assists and 10rebounds,it should not be counted as a triple double.

Statpadders are abusing the system. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2017
How bad is John Clay though?

Lmaooooooo. grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by senatordave1(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2017
Please sirs,i borrowed 15k to bet yesterday and it cast.someone should help me,the creditor is after me.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2017
Pele..

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:59am On Dec 18, 2017
AlderFadington:
A fun stat for you stat "cushion" mob.

To date he has 303 games with 7+ Ast, 7+ Reb, 162 with 8+Ast, 8+Reb and 71 with 9+ Ast, 9+ Reb; but only 37 triple-doubles.

This was about 3 years ago in March 2015. Imagine what the numbers are now. He couldve been far ahead of oscar by now. All these years he wasn't stat padding cheesy

He's getting MVP number 5 people. Get ready for it. And A40 get ready for a new moniker.

Oga, you're truly the missing the point. Leave your sentiments for Upper Iweka.

We all know he's a good rebounder, same as Westbrook which is not the point. The point is that he had 12 assists and 5 rebounds at the end of 3 Qs. In the 4th, when Crowder and Korver had a clearer path to a rebound, Bron took it from them. After he realised he got his triple double, he then left the uncontested rebounds for his teammates. I watch am live, no be person tell me.

No be only am dey get those types of 7+ rebounds and assists stats. Simmons is having them too (Lonzo also) but he's not hunting for rookie of the Year.

It's not even a big deal, just a bit disappointing for a 15 year veteran. At least unlike the other one, Bron still had his defense, plus he still cared for the W. Meanwhile, Harden is still playing his normal game and not MVP hunting.

Chill, bruh...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
Decale:

Oga, you're truly the missing the point. Leave your sentiments for Upper Iweka.

We all know he's a good rebounder, same as Westbrook which is not the point. The point is that he had 12 assists and 5 rebounds at the end of 3 Qs. In the 4th, when Crowder and Korver had a clearer path to a rebound, Bron took it from them. After he realised he got his triple double, he then left the uncontested rebounds for his teammates. I watch am live, no be person tell me.

No be only am dey get those types of 7+ rebounds and assists stats. Simmons is having them too (Lonzo also) but he's not hunting for rookie of the Year.

It's not even a big deal, just a bit disappointing for a 15 year veteran. At least unlike the other one, Bron still had his defense, plus he still cared for the W. Meanwhile, Harden is still playing his normal game and not MVP hunting.

Chill, bruh...

LOL! Crowder did not even play the entire fourth quarter but good try. I don't know which game you were watching. Maybe you were on that hen dawg? Would explain everything you wrote up there cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
M V P

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
AlderFadington:

LOL! Crowder did not even play the entire fourth quarter but good try. I don't know which game you were watching. Maybe you were on that hen dawg? Would explain everything you wrote up there cheesy

Green...

The problem is you're still missing the point
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
Warriors vs Lakers today.

Lonzo been teasing me with his almost triple double statline in his last two matches. lipsrsealed

He better get that shït today. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
Am I the only one not enamored by Kobe Bryant??

He was good...but like.

Mehhhhhhhhh!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 19, 2017
Not going to watch the Laker game.

4:30am you know.

LOOOOOLLL...fück off.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:34am On Dec 19, 2017
Terry Rozierrrrrrr
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:13am On Dec 19, 2017
Okay Kris Dunn... I see you..Kid is coming along.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 19, 2017
What a game. OKC escape with a one point win. Great performance by Westbrook today. But this team is still headed for a train wreck and I expect the body parts to start flying out soon. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20am On Dec 19, 2017
Mirotic playing his heart and soul out on both ends of the court.

Like I predicted after Sixers coach played Embiid for 3 overtime quarters, the man is going to miss games. They are definitely going to drop winnable games like tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:23am On Dec 19, 2017
Oladipo is becoming a problem in the Eastern Conference. MIP and all star for sure .
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:36am On Dec 19, 2017
Roland17:
Mirotic playing his heart and soul out on both ends of the court.

Like I predicted after Sixers coach played Embiid for 3 overtime quarters, the man is going to miss games. They are definitely going to drop winnable games like tonight.

Joel Embiid, Joe Budden, Joe Simmons, Dario Embiid, Ben Covington, it doesn't matter. Magic is coming for their L in two days...

62-20 loading baybehhhhhhh cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:48am On Dec 19, 2017
AlderFadington:
What a game. OKC escape with a one point win. Great performance by Westbrook today. But this team is still head for a train wreck and I expect the body parts to start flying out soon. cheesy

That defence just keeps saving them

I want to see the game against Rockets. They probably will end Rockets 16 game streak (most likely beating Lakers and Clippers prior to their matchup)
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:29am On Dec 19, 2017
Kobe Bryant

GOAT

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:30am On Dec 19, 2017
KD and Klay Thompson are running a brick franchise cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 19, 2017
Apparently we lost because of Kentavious Caldwell Pope. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Man drags the team down to his IQ,which is very low FFS. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.