Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630801 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 19, 2017
Lonzo shot 50% from the field bayyyybbbbbeeehhhhhhhhhh. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 19, 2017
New Form?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:13am On Dec 19, 2017
Dude is campaigning here as if we are the ones voting. Like WTF.

Meanwhile, ref ball helped us in this game. We did not deserve the win. I would take it anyway. We were down 3 starters.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
KD and Klay Thompson are running a brick franchise cheesy
How nairaleague did season?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:31am On Dec 19, 2017
Killrhymz:

How nairaleague did season?
Guy!!! where the f*ck have you been?? I called your number several times, even text you on whatsapp. Fear come dey catch person sey something happen. Nairaleague no too sweet like that. I'm just bossing on those niggas wink cheesy

what's up man?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Kobe Bryant

GOAT

Growing up i heard about Jordan, i knew about Shaq but Kobe was the first NBA player I truly knew. His name was synonymous with basketball back then. Whenever we busted a move in the court we would always repeat a certain commentary about Kobe. Everyone wanted to be Kobe.

GOAT.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 19, 2017
Eruditor:
Dude is campaigning here as if we are the ones voting. Like WTF.

Meanwhile, ref ball helped us in this game. We did not deserve the win. I would take it anyway. We were down 3 starters.

All I'm doing is putting out the numbers and my opinion and point of view which everyone else here does but if you're such a hater that you can't fathom that then that's your business.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2017
Kerr said kobe was closest to MJ and not LeBron and a lot of people that didn't read what he said are disagreeing with him while others are supporting a false narrative but what he said is absolutely 100 % correct.

Kobe is like Jordan on tranquilizers. Kobe tried to be like mike in every aspect of the game and even copied his moves. He wasnt as good, but point is their style of play was similar if not exactly alike.

This is where LeBron is different, he came with a new style of play, a hybrid of sorts and an alien all round. This is why comparing MJ and LBJ as players will never work even though i feel the impact LBJ can have on teams makes him better from an overall stand point.

The new wave of talent like Ben Simmons and other rookies are now modelling their game after LeBron and perhaps in 15 years or so, we'd have a Ben Simmons vs LeBron debate if he can improve his skill set, learn to shoot and live up to the hype because right now he's more like magic.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2017
Lonzo has been impressive this past week. He's slowly ascending, but still far from the top 4 rookies.

Meanwhile, if Ben Simmons learns how to shoot, hehehehehe...
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Guy!!! where the f*ck have you been?? I called your number several times, even text you on whatsapp. Fear come dey catch person sey something happen. Nairaleague no too sweet like that. I'm just bossing on those niggas wink cheesy

what's up man?
No b lyk dat man, was posted to kebbi for ma youth service.
I lost ma phone and couldn't renew the sim.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dude, why do you like to log in with your other username and like own posts with your different usernames?

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Donlittle:
Dude, why do you like to log in with your other username and like own posts with your different usernames?

Little man. I didn't, was using the other because this one got banned you little goon. But nice try. grin

This shameless little bum is always somewhere lurking. At least you are still alive and didn't get stuck in a trash can somewhere like i suspected so good for you you little dweeb.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
DevdanSanguine:

Little man. I didn't, was using the other because this one got banned you little goon. But nice try. grin

This shameless little bum is always somewhere lurking. At least you are still alive and didn't get stuck in a trash can somewhere like i suspected so good for you you little dweeb.
ah he haff come again grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
AlderFadington:
Kerr said kobe was closest to MJ and not LeBron and a lot of people that didn't read what he said are disagreeing with him while others are supporting a false narrative but what he said is absolutely 100 % correct.

Kobe is like Jordan on tranquilizers. Kobe tried to be like mike in every aspect of the game and even copied his moves. He wasnt as good, but point is their style of play was similar if not exactly alike.

This is where LeBron is different, he came with a new style of play, a hybrid of sorts and an alien all round. This is why comparing MJ and LBJ as players will never work even though i feel the impact LBJ can have on teams makes him better from an overall stand point.

The new wave of talent like Ben Simmons and other rookies are now modelling their game after LeBron and perhaps in 15 years or so, we'd have a Ben Simmons vs LeBron debate if he can improve his skill set, learn to shoot and live up to the hype because right now he's more like magic.
So much truth

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
Donlittle:
ah he haff come again grin grin

Well. Happy? Like it or not there are people with an actual working brain here that appreciate my contributions and I appreciate theirs.

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
So much truth
DA vinci

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Decale:
Lonzo has been impressive this past week. He's slowly ascending, but still far from the top 4 rookies.

Meanwhile, if Ben Simmons learns how to shoot, hehehehehe...
Learn? grin

How is he gonna learn if he is not even trying?

Lonzo already got a midrange jumper before Simmons has even learnt how to shoot. grin grin

Lonzo hasn't even been in the league for two years. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Brook Lopez injured...Yessssssssss Bayyyyyyyyybbbeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cheesy grin

I serve a living God. cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
Time for Thomas BryannnnnnnT.

Him and Lonzo did madness in Summer League.

cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hope you all saw Lonzo's clutchness in overtime yesterday vs GSW. cheesy cheesy

Ben Simmons played not 1,not 2,but threeeee overtime vs OKC and couldn't do shïïït.

LOOOOOOOLLLL. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
VivaLaByke:

Learn? grin

How is he gonna learn if he is not even trying?

Lonzo already got a midrange jumper before Simmons has even learnt how to shoot. grin grin

Lonzo hasn't even been in the league for two years. cheesy

Even without the shooting, he'll school your darling Lonzo. No be joke

You never see LeBron this season? That's Ben Simmons with a jumper...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
Decale:

Even without the shooting, he'll school your darling Lonzo. No be joke

You never see LeBron this season? That's Ben Simmons with a jumper...
School kor...Academy nii.

Fact is...Lonzo has the higher ceiling.

We go dey here in the next 5years. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kobe was drafted in 1996, LeBron didn't get drafted until 2003 yet he destroys three top ten all time greats in this category. Mad! Not posting this to compare the two but just to show how much people take the latter for granted.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:22am On Dec 20, 2017
Roland17:

If having possession is the argument, then I have to agree Steelers nation have a case because he had possession.
Their argument is basically that the receiver allowed the ball touch the floor. It's a terrible way to lose a game. Reminds me of the Dez Bryant catch a few years back
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:32am On Dec 20, 2017
AlderFadington:
A fun stat for you stat "cushion" mob.

To date he has 303 games with 7+ Ast, 7+ Reb, 162 with 8+Ast, 8+Reb and 71 with 9+ Ast, 9+ Reb; but only 37 triple-doubles.

This was about 3 years ago in March 2015. Imagine what the numbers are now. He couldve been far ahead of oscar by now. All these years he wasn't stat padding cheesy

He's getting MVP number 5 people. Get ready for it. And A40 get ready for a new moniker.

Lol you go jonze like craze. Better pray CP3 or Harden gets injured else The Beard would pick up that Podoloff
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:58am On Dec 20, 2017
AlderFadington:

Growing up i heard about Jordan, i knew about Shaq but Kobe was the first NBA player I truly knew. His name was synonymous with basketball back then. Whenever we busted a move in the court we would always repeat a certain commentary about Kobe. Everyone wanted to be Kobe.

GOAT.
Lol were you hacked??

The above is the story of my life pretty much. Had his shoes, kept the fro. I was a diehard Kobe Bryant stan in my teens

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:10am On Dec 20, 2017
AlderFadington:

Ben Simmons lacks range but the important thing for me is that he is very efficient and plays to his strengths. He can always improve on his range as time goes on. A semi-rookie with a 50% FG is on the right track

I think consideration must be made for the eras where Kobe and MJ played and if they look similar then duhh they play the same position. There is nothing Lebron is doing that Kobe and MJ couldn't truth be told. Lebron's edge is mainly his size and the fact that today's game requires more positional fluidity

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:14am On Dec 20, 2017
A40:
Lol were you hacked??

The above is the story of my life pretty much. Had his shoes, kept the fro. I was a diehard Kobe Bryant stan in my teens

You sef dey keep fro?...Person wey no fit last 10 minutes for court so? grin. No bring shame to the Black Mamba jersey abeg.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:21am On Dec 20, 2017
chic2pimp:

You sef dey keep fro?...Person wey no fit last 10 minutes for court so? grin. No bring shame to the Black Mamba jersey abeg.
I keep fro that year. My bad endurance for court start when alcohol enter my life. Before then I was Kenenisa Bekele with the stamina
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:37am On Dec 20, 2017
A40:
I keep fro that year. My bad endurance for court start when alcohol enter my life. Before then I was Kenenisa Bekele with the stamina

You sure sha Unku Bekele? grin..... For real though you need to cut that shyte out. Maybe not completely but atleast to it's bare minimum.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:03am On Dec 20, 2017
this brogdon na winch o
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:09am On Dec 20, 2017
wade !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.