Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632231 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:15pm On May 23, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Steve Kerr really Sat Curry after his amazing 3rd quarter, allow Houston a 9-0 run before taking a timeout and Curry still siting. Couldn't call a timeout..

Where was the Curry/KD pick and roll in the 4th?
I need to talk to him.. Face to Face. His rotations sometimes just makes me tired. Can't call a fuckîn timeout. undecided

I don't have much input because I did not watch the 3rd Q down. In hindsight, I am happy I did not. 14 assists is not us at all.

Now the dust has settled, I guess we just have to take the loss in good fate. Some of the questions you are asking I saw people ask online. I genuinely did not expect GSW to squander 2 double digit leads in a game of such high magnitude but I also think they were tired. You know that Iggys injury as well as Klay's in between the game made some rotation players play more minutes than they are accustomed to. Looney for instance is one.

I read that Draymond tried to call a timeout but the refs did not see it. That happens as well. I was very sad before I slept but I am fresher now and can air my views with much clarity. The series is tied 2-2.

You don't need to get irked by some posts here. It comes with the territory. We are ruining the league when we win and overrated when we lose. I have been saying it since. I am happy Klay and Draymond are not all star players so the excuse of us being too high powered will go to bed. My only disappointment is that it only takes one more win for them to flip the script and change the narrative.

Rockets are a pretty good team and if we are being honest, they deserve at least 2 games in this series. I won't pretend that I did not prefer them to get those 2 games on their ground than splitting ours with us but it is where we are now.

Fact is, if there is one team that can go to any ground to win a game that is necessary, it is us - especially after a hard deflating loss. Interestingly, we are accustomed to playing our best when we feel threatened. Which we definitely are now.

My basketball senses tell me (based on what has transpired) that they get game 5 and we take game 6 and then it goes back to their home in game 7 which will be a toss up at that point. My heart tells me it still ends in 6. Like I always do, I go with my heart. My final post on the matter.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by opeyeminas: 5:16pm On May 23, 2018
Pls guys, where can I stream NBA games
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:29pm On May 23, 2018
opeyeminas:
Pls guys, where can I watch NBA play off in Nigeria
Go to Google play store to download Navixsport. It's easy to use

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 7:47pm On May 23, 2018
Hardetayour:

Lol. Is this guy for real?

What?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 23, 2018
I hardly comment here though I read daily. Reason being I'm more active on other NBA dedicated fora.

The reason why it is near impossible for any team to beat the durant's Gsw on a 7 games series, is because to beat them only once any team needs the combined misplay of at least 3 of their starting 5 PLUS an exceptional level of play and sometimes PLUS poor refs.

Now, although this combination can happen once or twice, the probability that it happens thrice let alone 4 times, is simply near zero.

Warriors in 6.

From a realistic Cavs/Sixers fan.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:04am On May 24, 2018
Watching this korver story.

You can tell he is close with his family. Na that kind death they pain pass.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:11am On May 24, 2018
Surprised that people just expected Golden State to steamroll Houston. I really am.

I hear clowns too talk about how this same Warriors team that Houston is dragging with would have destroyed the GOAT's Bulls. Lmaooo! Na only God know the kin eye some people take dey watch their own basketball
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:13am On May 24, 2018
Eruditor:

I don't have much input because I did not watch the 3rd Q down. In hindsight, I am happy I did not. 14 assists is not us at all.

Now the dust has settled, I guess we just have to take the loss in good fate. Some of the questions you are asking I saw people ask online. I genuinely did not expect GSW to squander 2 double digit leads in a game of such high magnitude but I also think they were tired. You know that Iggys injury as well as Klay's in between the game made some rotation players play more minutes than they are accustomed to. Looney for instance is one.

I read that Draymond tried to call a timeout but the refs did not see it. That happens as well. I was very sad before I slept but I am fresher now and can air my views with much clarity. The series is tied 2-2.

You don't need to get irked by some posts here. It comes with the territory. We are ruining the league when we win and overrated when we lose. I have been saying it since. I am happy Klay and Draymond are not all star players so the excuse of us being too high powered will go to bed. My only disappointment is that it only takes one more win for them to flip the script and change the narrative.

Rockets are a pretty good team and if we are being honest, they deserve at least 2 games in this series. I won't pretend that I did not prefer them to get those 2 games on their ground than splitting ours with us but it is where we are now.

Fact is, if there is one team that can go to any ground to win a game that is necessary, it is us - especially after a hard deflating loss. Interestingly, we are accustomed to playing our best when we feel threatened. Which we definitely are now.

My basketball senses tell me (based on what has transpired) that they get game 5 and we take game 6 and then it goes back to their home in game 7 which will be a toss up at that point. My heart tells me it still ends in 6. Like I always do, I go with my heart. My final post on the matter.
We've got to play like we want it though. Game 5 is the decider. If we keep the scores close, we know how it's going to end.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:31am On May 24, 2018
A40:
Surprised that people just expected Golden State to steamroll Houston. I really am.

I hear clowns too talk about how this same Warriors team that Houston is dragging with would have destroyed the GOAT's Bulls. Lmaooo! Na only God know the kin eye some people take dey watch their own basketball

You dey watch Ovy and the Caps? Ovy wants that final so bad and with Backstrom healthy and playing more minutes they look really good. It is still a long way though, I expecct the Lightening to strike back.

1-0 Caps
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:39am On May 24, 2018
A40:

If the friggin phoenix suns/knicks took your man to six games what's so inconceivable about the rockets who hold the regular season record for highest offensive rating recorded to potentially take the warriors to six which is probably as far as it will go unless the notorious choker chokes again
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:49am On May 24, 2018
LeBron starting his stupid turnover party early today.

Might be a good omen since early turnovers tend to make him less careless.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:57am On May 24, 2018
That was a fvcking foul WTF?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:00am On May 24, 2018
We sure got away with a foul there on Bron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:01am On May 24, 2018
Excellent defense Morris
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:02am On May 24, 2018
Stop settling Jayson!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:03am On May 24, 2018
How is that not a foul?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:09am On May 24, 2018
Cavs decided to take today off. I should too
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:09am On May 24, 2018
BarthramLestat:

If the friggin phoenix suns/knicks took your man to six games what's so inconceivable about the rockets who hold the regular season record for highest offensive rating recorded to potentially take the warriors to six which is probably as far as it will go unless the notorious choker chokes again
So why were the crowd especially the pro-LeNomad ones suggesting the GOAT's Bulls wouldn't give these Warriors hell?

It's not about what is or isn't conceivable! It's about the fact that till the game is played no one should assume zilch!

Should the Warriors lose it would be because the Rockets were the better outfit and not this faux choking narrative hot take merchants are all about
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:11am On May 24, 2018
Seems this crowd influences refs as well. It's okay. Could have been a lot worse. Like JR said weather the storm. And cut the damn turnovers!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:13am On May 24, 2018
A40:
So why were the crowd especially the pro-LeNomad ones suggesting the GOAT's Bulls wouldn't give these Warriors hell?

It's not about what is or isn't conceivable! It's about the fact that till the game is played no one should assume zilch!

Should the Warriors lose it would be because the Rockets were the better outfit and not this faux choking narrative hot take merchants are all about

Did the mavericks beat the heat because they were better than them? Sometimes when an important role player let alone a superstar doesn't play up to standards it has an effect on the outcome of a series.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:13am On May 24, 2018
Jayson Tatum is not here for games
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:17am On May 24, 2018
Love the emotion Nance but save the friggin theatrics for the finals not these little small fries. Keep your friggin head and play your game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:19am On May 24, 2018
Lol. I was about to say what about friggin Rozier!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:22am On May 24, 2018
BarthramLestat:
Love the emotion Nance but save the friggin theatrics for the finals not these little small fries. Keep your friggin head and play your game.

That's what I'm talking about Nance!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:28am On May 24, 2018
BarthramLestat:

Did the mavericks beat the heat because they were better than them? Sometimes when an important role player let alone a superstar doesn't play up to standards it has an effect on the outcome of a series.
Depends on how you spin it. They beat the defending champ Lakers and a young OKC team and in the Finals they clearly wanted it more.

It's possible the Heat underestimated their opponent. It is also possible the Mavericks executed better to make up for the talent shortfall. That's why these games are played!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:31am On May 24, 2018
Execution not emotions would win you this game Boston. Stay cool
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:35am On May 24, 2018
Roland17:

You dey watch Ovy and the Caps? Ovy wants that final so bad and with Backstrom healthy and playing more minutes they look really good. It is still a long way though, I expecct the Lightening to strike back.

1-0 Caps
2-0 Caps. Issa Golden Knights vs Caps Finals and I'd be rooting for the team with Marc Andre Fleury in goal
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:39am On May 24, 2018
Jayson Tatum the REAL TRUTH
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:44am On May 24, 2018
A40:
Jayson Tatum the REAL TRUTH

Is he as good as he looks, or is this the brad effect in force.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:47am On May 24, 2018
birdman:

Is he as good as he looks, or is this the brad effect in force.

Good question. But he does things brad Stevens can't teach. His smoothness, handles, shooting stroke. I will say a little bit of both. Until Markelle plays a full season I say the celtics swindled the 76ers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:53am On May 24, 2018
We outscored them in the second albeit by just two points we made some blunders we can hopefully correct in the second half. The third quarter has been the Cavs Achilles heel this playoffs so let's hope we can reverse that and pull a warrior type third quarter. Lebron has also been a little quiet especially since the crowd has intimidated the refs into swallowing their whistles. Winning in this arena won't be easy, but if the Cavs want the finals they need to show how badly they want it today. More aggression, less turnovers and hopefully the shots start sinking. This is a very winnable game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Honlucas, A40(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.