Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633989 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On May 24, 2018
A40:
Who would you keep between Smart and Rozier?

I will choose Smart over and over again.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:00am On May 24, 2018
BarthramLestat:

Shut up bum! You've been AWOL for two days, suddenly you've grown balls. Shut your damn mouth.

So uncouth and damn predictable

sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:01am On May 24, 2018
Maybe time to give Hood the benefit of the doubt because he can't be any worse than JR.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:01am On May 24, 2018
donlittle25:

So uncouth and damn predictable

sad

Go away little man. Not even in the mood for your shenanigans.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:02am On May 24, 2018
Well, ESPN can begin the "needing help"narrative. In 5,4,3,2....1.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:04am On May 24, 2018
Looking forward to tomorrow's game. I hope both teams bring it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:04am On May 24, 2018
I'd rather the Cavs lose at home than in front of these ugly fire crotched goblins. Id also much rather the Cavs win in front of these afforementioned manky freak shows. If you're going to lose this series you might as well lose it at the Q. At least LeBron also gets to say his goodbye.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:05am On May 24, 2018
Roland17:
Well, ESPN can begin the "needing help"narrative. In 5,4,3,2....1.

As if this simpleton didn't watch the game, as if this simpleton didn't see the building the Cavs were putting up. Suddenly the shameless coward has come to life because he thinks his team is in the driver seat. Go away you impotent neek!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:06am On May 24, 2018
It was extremely important for Boston to win tonight. Now they can go the Q full of confidence knowing all the pressure is on the Cavs to try and survive by winning Game 6. It's no guarantee they win but their margin for error is much wider than it would have been had they lost tonight..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:08am On May 24, 2018
Ovy and the Caps have to find a way to win one game at home because it's obvious they are very good away from home. This matchup is between Ovy and Fluery.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:10am On May 24, 2018
BarthramLestat:
Maybe time to give Hood the benefit of the doubt because he can't be any worse than JR.
I'd give Osman a shot FFS. Nothing worse than an unproductive veteran eating minutes a younger unpredictable player could use
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:11am On May 24, 2018
A40:
It was extremely important for Boston to win tonight. Now they can go the Q full of confidence knowing all the pressure is on the Cavs to try and survive by winning Game 6. It's no guarantee they win but their margin for error is much wider than it would have been had they lost tonight..

We have not managed to continue winning performances and attitude away from home. The Cavs have their backs against the wall and I doubt the Cavs would want to lose at home. This is a young team and the away troubles are not surprising.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:17am On May 24, 2018
Roland17:

We have not managed to continue winning performances and attitude away from home. The Cavs have their backs against the wall and I doubt the Cavs would want to lose at home. This is a young team and the away troubles are not surprising.
This Boston team has not made excuses all season. Game 6 will not be a good place to start! They can win Game 6 and if you ask me they must pull all the stops to win Game 6.

They might have homecourt in Game 7 but this only guarantees them a wider berth not a win per se especially against the Cavs as an even better Golden State painfully discovered

The pressure on them going to this game is nil and they have to use this to their advantage.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:21am On May 24, 2018
A40:
This Boston team has not made excuses all season. Game 6 will not be a good place to start! They can win Game 6 and if you ask me they must pull all the stops to win Game 6.

They might have homecourt in Game 7 but this only guarantees them a wider berth not a win per se especially against the Cavs as an even better Golden State painfully discovered

The pressure on them going to this game is nil and they have to use this to their advantage.

I agree with this because it would hurt more to lose this series in game 7 at home. I hope Brad starts this same line up with Baynes starting. I like how we closed out the perimeter and cuts and we have to do the same away from home. We also have to find a way to keep Rozier away from being switched to Bron. This is a huge learning experience for the entire roster.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:39am On May 24, 2018
Lue really blaming this L on the absence of Ojeleye? Lmaooooo! Being sarcastic btw
Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2018
Eruditor:

I don't have much input because I did not watch the 3rd Q down. In hindsight, I am happy I did not. 14 assists is not us at all.

Now the dust has settled, I guess we just have to take the loss in good fate. Some of the questions you are asking I saw people ask online. I genuinely did not expect GSW to squander 2 double digit leads in a game of such high magnitude but I also think they were tired. You know that Iggys injury as well as Klay's in between the game made some rotation players play more minutes than they are accustomed to. Looney for instance is one.

I read that Draymond tried to call a timeout but the refs did not see it. That happens as well. I was very sad before I slept but I am fresher now and can air my views with much clarity. The series is tied 2-2.

You don't need to get irked by some posts here. It comes with the territory. We are ruining the league when we win and overrated when we lose. I have been saying it since. I am happy Klay and Draymond are not all star players so the excuse of us being too high powered will go to bed. My only disappointment is that it only takes one more win for them to flip the script and change the narrative.

Rockets are a pretty good team and if we are being honest, they deserve at least 2 games in this series. I won't pretend that I did not prefer them to get those 2 games on their ground than splitting ours with us but it is where we are now.

Fact is, if there is one team that can go to any ground to win a game that is necessary, it is us - especially after a hard deflating loss. Interestingly, we are accustomed to playing our best when we feel threatened. Which we definitely are now.

My basketball senses tell me (based on what has transpired) that they get game 5 and we take game 6 and then it goes back to their home in game 7 which will be a toss up at that point. My heart tells me it still ends in 6. Like I always do, I go with my heart. My final post on the matter.
you give me very much hope even though have been very skeptical about Gsw chances against the rockets right from the onset.
I wouldn't want cp3 to win a ring so my offline flocks others in other basketball forum dont use it as advantage to rate him above Steve Nash.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 5:53pm On May 24, 2018
A40:
Surprised that people just expected Golden State to steamroll Houston. I really am.

I hear clowns too talk about how this same Warriors team that Houston is dragging with would have destroyed the GOAT's Bulls. Lmaooo! Na only God know the kin eye some people take dey watch their own basketball

I've always maintained this point. Warriors are overrated imo and teams are not playing them tough enough on a consistent basis. I know it's hard but they ain't all that.
If LeBron fails to beat them, they are the best team ever (all excuses to make him look....)
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:44pm On May 24, 2018
I have many questions...

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 24, 2018
LOL. I knew wardell won't make first team but I knew they would make AD a center just to make sure the snake makes it . cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:32am On May 25, 2018
A40:
Lue really blaming this L on the absence of Ojeleye? Lmaooooo! Being sarcastic btw

Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:36am On May 25, 2018
Roland17:

I agree with this because it would hurt more to lose this series in game 7 at home. I hope Brad starts this same line up with Baynes starting. I like how we closed out the perimeter and cuts and we have to do the same away from home. We also have to find a way to keep Rozier away from being switched to Bron. This is a huge learning experience for the entire roster.
I would be personally pained on y'all behalf. Closing out a veteran road team is very difficult! They would be even more poised and less emotional

Baynes has to be ready to go hard in the paint. Keeping LeNomad out of the paint or at least limiting his efficiency in that sweet spot is the first step to stealing the win in Cleveland
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:43am On May 25, 2018
Manutd19:

I've always maintained this point. Warriors are overrated imo and teams are not playing them tough enough on a consistent basis. I know it's hard but they ain't all that.
If LeBron fails to beat them, they are the best team ever (all excuses to make him look....)
Personally if Houston wins the series then this should be the Final nail in the coffin for that GOAT talk for LeNomad. Because it could be argued that last year's Cleveland had more weapons than this year's Houston Rockets

The other angle to be considered is the fact that the Warriors might also be a tad fatigued (mentally and physically) and perhaps Houston are just at the right place at the right time. All that would be immaterial if the Warriors win tonight but my gut feeling tells me Houston will win Game 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:51am On May 25, 2018
Manutd19:

Dude, they are not overrated. Imagine Durant has the ball and by fire by force you want to stop him from scoring. Ok, you force him to pass the ball... To who? Curry! Te mi ba mi lipsrsealed

So you summon ancestral spirits to stop curry from shooting a parking lot 3 which he usually makes. Your gods are awake tonite, so he passes the ball to Klay. Sigh. undecided

Klay is actually the better, more consistent shooter. By now the last man on your team is running like a mad man, trying to at least bother his shot, which is a waste of time. Oh wait he missed the 3? An early Christmas grin

But hehehe, while u were chasing the big 6, i mean big 3 wink you forgot they still have 2 whole players on d team. One of them is Draymond who loves other peoples defensive rebounds. He can either have mercy on you and score an easy 2.

Or give it back to Durant for another go. Still10s left on d shot clock embarassed

In short you defended like captain america, and still they scored an easy 2 on you. Overrate that angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:58am On May 25, 2018
This is a must win for the Rockets in my opinion. I don't see the Warriors losing back to back home games especially with the series on the line.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:26am On May 25, 2018
Roland17:
This is a must win for the Rockets in my opinion. I don't see the Warriors losing back to back home games especially with the series on the line.

Agreed. Warriors will go crazy tonite. If they win, they eill get murderous in game 6 at home. Houston has to look at this like last game of the season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:03am On May 25, 2018
Capela has to stay away from foul trouble
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:09am On May 25, 2018
3 turnovers already for the Warriors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:12am On May 25, 2018
The Warriors are really lucky to be down by just 2 because the Rockets are missing open shots.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:21am On May 25, 2018
This crowd is raucous and full of energy. I am not sure the players can hear themselves or coaches from the sideline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.