Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633592 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:58am On May 25, 2018
Eruditor Donlittle25 and co running to jump on the next bandwagon. Guess who's leading the charge? cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 5:00am On May 25, 2018
donlittle25:
Isn’t Cavs down 3 - 2?

grin

He thinks Cavs has a better chance than the Warriors. Tbh that might be the case. If LeBron and co (Adam Silver) decides to show up.....

KD will be up for it. Will Curry and Klay step up?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:02am On May 25, 2018
BarthramLestat:
Eruditor Donlittle25 and co running to jump on the next bandwagon. Guess who's leading the charge? cheesy

No. Truth is, I did not expect much from the game so I did not watch. I wanted to be pleasantly surprised but I was not. Rockets are playing good D, they deserve all the plaudits. If I am disappointed it is simply because we are choking in the 4th Q. That is what puzzles me the most.

I ride with my team come rain or shine.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:06am On May 25, 2018
Eruditor:

No. Truth is, I did not expect much from the game so I did not watch. I wanted to be pleasantly surprised but I was not. Rockets are playing good D, they deserve all the plaudits. If I am disappointed it is simply because we are choking in the 4th Q. That is what puzzles me the most.

I ride with my team come rain or shine.

Like you rode with the pistons huh? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:06am On May 25, 2018
Manutd19:

He thinks Cavs has a better chance than the Warriors. Tbh that might be the case. If LeBron and co (Adam Silver) decides to show up.....

KD will be up for it. Will Curry and Klay step up?

I don't know where people get all these KD being up for anything. Was AD or Russell not getting buckets even in losses? Scorers will score regardless of how inefficient they have been. It is the constant need for ISOs that we are reverting to due to KDs presence that hurts us when he does not make them. Takes nothing away from who he is, but it is partly responsible for the recent wobbles.

I am worried but not the way people are making noise here. I still felt GSW would have won game 6 with CP3 playing but I won't front and claim I don't hope he is out of game 7 because I am. It is war, we would wish him well after we win.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:09am On May 25, 2018
BarthramLestat:

Like you rode with the pistons huh? cheesy

Supporting Pistons was thrust on me. When I grew up, I made my choice.

My first NBA Jersey was a Pistons one in 2001 because a family member lived there (Michigan).

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:11am On May 25, 2018
Roland17:
Too many mistakes by the Warriors.

It is the choking that is troubling. It now feels like GSW need to be up 30 to be sure they have won a game. The same regular season mistakes all over.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:13am On May 25, 2018
Manutd19:

Honestly. It's so easy imo.
Curry playoff reputation is not great and no other players in that team aside KD is consistent enough to cause problem for for the rockets defence.
I like warriors pre KD tbh. Not just for the better playing style but good 3 points shooters especially from the bench.
It's really tough to pin the blame on one particular player. KD kept the Warriors afloat for the first half till Klay awoke from his slumber in the 3rd. Same could be said for Steph who also missed some crucial buckets.. However we would be doing the Rockets a massive disservice by not acknowledging the shitload of open looks they missed that would have caused this game to end in a blowout plus their stellar defense

The Warriors really don't have a bench anymore tbh.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:15am On May 25, 2018
Eruditor:

Supporting Pistons was thrust on me. When I grew up, I made my choice.

My first NBA Jersey was a Pistons one in 2001 because a family member lived there (Michigan).

And you conveniently grew up in 2015? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:15am On May 25, 2018
Damn!!! Our bench and the splash brothers need to show up.. They need to. We can't be getting outplayed every fuckîn time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:17am On May 25, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Damn!!! Our bench and the splash brothers need to show up.. They need to. We can't be getting outplayed every fuckîn time.

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:17am On May 25, 2018
A40:

It's really tough to pin the blame on one particular player. KD kept the Warriors afloat for the first half till Klay awoke from his slumber in the 3rd. Same could be said for Steph who also missed some crucial buckets.. However we would be doing the Rockets a massive disservice by not acknowledging the shitload of open looks they missed that would have caused this game to end in a blowout plus their stellar defense

The Warriors really don't have a bench anymore tbh.

The price for getting Durant?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:18am On May 25, 2018
BarthramLestat:

And you conveniently grew up in 2015? cheesy

2013-14. I keep telling you. I watched Mark Jackson play ISOs with Harrison Barnes against Spurs. I saw Curry go nuclear in game one and we lost by 2 (127-129) where Curry dropped 44.

I repped this team not knowing a ring was in the offing the following year under Kerr. That is why I don't tolerate the slander he gets atimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:19am On May 25, 2018
birdman:

Lol. Rubbish. Try benching Durant and see what Houston will do to them.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:20am On May 25, 2018
SmooshCHN:

Bro, choking. No other way to explain it. Last 2 games have been lost in the 4th Q with stupid plays. I have been reading comments.

Sorry to Birdman as he has been a good sport all through but I am hoping CP3 does not recover or plays through injury in game 7. We have to just game the system this time if we hope to get to the final.

They are forcing us to play ISO and that is not us.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:22am On May 25, 2018
BarthramLestat:

KD..West Brook...Waiters...Adams..Kanter..Ibaka were on the team that Klay..Curry..Iggy..Draymond and Harrison Barnes beat.

KD can bail you out. But when your whole system is ISO (and he is doubled) he can lose the game for you. He is still our best player but we need to play Warriors ball to beat Houston.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:30am On May 25, 2018
birdman:

Who did they really lose though let's be honest? Ezeli? Barnes? Bogut?.

Honestly I think both teams stank up the joint. CP3 and Harden were a combined 11/40
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 5:33am On May 25, 2018
BarthramLestat:

You don't get it. Durant is on the team now so def he's in the plan.
However, looking at the way warrior's play now, I would have to say they were better pre KD. They lost a 3-1 lead to the Cave but that team was deep and played much better ball. Would have you have believed if you were told Warriors would lose a game to rockets with Harden playing poorly and CP showing up late?
Common man!
The series is over for the warriors IF CP is fit for next 2 gmes
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:34am On May 25, 2018
Father in Heaven, I wish CP3 well as he recovers from his hamstring after seeing his team lose game 7.

I know it is part of your divine plan to give them 3 wins and take out CP3 just so that GSW can win another ring.

I know we would get hounded by it but Bogut and Iggy had injuries even as Draymond got suspended for Cavs to mount a comeback.

I would take whatever gift you give to us to help us in this one because we need you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 5:43am On May 25, 2018
All year long, they made it known they wanted you and this is the best warriors could offer?

And they say warriors will beat Jordan's bull team. Lol
Warriors would be lucky to win against a prime Kobe.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:55am On May 25, 2018
Manutd19:
All year long, they made it known they wanted you and this is the best warriors could offer?

You do realize that Jordan played 3 game 7s in the ECF?

You do realize that he never played a 65-win team?

I wonder why people like to rewrite history when Jordan is involved?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:01am On May 25, 2018
Manutd19:

You don't get it. Durant is on the team now so def he's in the plan.
However, looking at the way warrior's play now, I would have to say they were better pre KD. They lost a 3-1 lead to the Cave but that team was deep and played much better ball. Would have you have believed if you were told Warriors would lose a game to rockets with Harden playing poorly and CP showing up late?
Common man!
The series is over for the warriors IF CP is fit for next 2 gmes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:05am On May 25, 2018
Manutd19:

I think you should talk directly to those who said the "warriors will beat 96" bulls". It's not our fault we broke the regular season record. Ask ESPN who thought it'll make headlines if they put both teams against each other on paper just to get coverage. Besides it makes for an argument (at that time when 73-9 was something).
It's madness if anyone thinks this is the best we're playing against Houston and down 3-2
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:08am On May 25, 2018
SmooshCHN:
I think you should talk directly to those who said the "warriors will beat 96" bulls". It's not our fault we broke the regular season record. Ask ESPN who thought it'll make headlines if they put both teams against each other on paper just to get coverage. Besides it makes for an argument (at that time when 73-9 was something).
It's madness if anyone thinks this is the best we're playing against Houston and down 3-2

I am not even in for either arguments. My own is Pacers that took Bulls to game 7 are they better than GSW? Or Miami or Detroit Pistons of 1990?

People should just leave history where it belongs as arguments can be made on both ends. What I want to know is if CP3s Hamstring is grade 1 or 2 or 3. That is all I care about for now.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:58am On May 25, 2018
Eruditor:

I am not even in for either arguments. My own is Pacers that took Bulls to game 7 are they better than GSW? Or Miami or Detroit Pistons of 1990?

People should just leave history where it belongs as arguments can be made on both ends. What I want to know is if CP3s Hamstring is grade 1 or 2 or 3. That is all I care about for now.
CP3 is stunting. He wouldn't be down with hamstring if he made that floater cheesy.. He is fine.. It's all part of the game. He'll play but I hope Curry matches his aggression.
I no dey even take that kind of argument seriously.. And we need to stick to Warriors basketball not the nonsense job Kerr is doing with the boys now and the bench..
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:09am On May 25, 2018
SmooshCHN:
CP3 is stunting. He wouldn't be down with hamstring if he made that floater cheesy.. He is fine.. It's all part of the game. He'll play but I hope Curry matches his aggression.
I no dey even take that kind of argument seriously.. And we need to stick to Warriors basketball not the nonsense job Kerr is doing with the boys now and the bench..

Guy, it is Houston medical team that told Kristen Ledlow who reported the news. I saw him limping off at the end of the game. What they want to decide is the grade. I know grade 1s can heal in days but 2 and 3 are weeks and months kinda injuries. I obviously don't wish him long injuries so I hope it is a grade 1. Just enough to put him out of his game especially on the defensive end.

Curry will not match any aggression until we play PnRs with him and KD (Which always works). I don tire for Draymond bringing ball up to give to Curry who gives to KD and starts running round screens. With 5 secs to go (after KD has pounded the ball for 10secs) we are left to his midrange which works atimes but then does not win us games.

I saw a stat that said we are 0-5 or so when KD gets 38pts and above. Something ridiculous like that.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:34am On May 25, 2018
Eruditor:

Guy, it is Houston medical team that told Kristen Ledlow who reported the news. I saw him limping off at the end of the game. What they want to decide is the grade. I know grade 1s can heal in days but 2 and 3 are weeks and months kinda injuries. I obviously don't wish him long injuries so I hope it is a grade 1. Just enough to put him out of his game especially on the defensive end.

Curry will not match any aggression until we play PnRs with him and KD (Which always works). I don tire for Draymond bringing ball up to give to Curry who gives to KD and starts running round screens. With 5 secs to go (after KD has pounded the ball for 10secs) we are left to his midrange which works atimes but then does not win us games.

I saw a stat that said we are 0-5 or so when KD gets 38pts and above. Something ridiculous like that.
True though. Our offense stunk enough already. Kerr needs to stop being stubborn.
Re: The NBA Begins by kayjay69(m): 9:05am On May 25, 2018
I think it will be good if Warriors lose this season just so they can be motivated to win next year. If you followed through this season u can tell they were cocky, often arguing with referees, losing concentration in games even after having huge leads.

Basketball heads know that a star studded team doesn't necessarily equal a championship, if it did lebron would have won in his 4 straight years at the Heat. I don't see GSW winning this series even if CP3 goes out for Game 6 (which I feel they should), GSW will go down in the 7th. And if by any stroke of luck they beat Rockets they'll have a hard time with the Celtics.

Bottom line is I hope they lose this year so they can be more motivated to win next year. And I don't think this crop of GSW guys can win 3 championships in a row. There's just something amiss about the team. The best players on the team are not aggressive by nature, and u need that sort attitude if u really are going to win not the passive aggressive stance adopted by Klay, Steph and KD. Another thing is the bench this season has been wack. Livingston needs to go, Pachulia, McGee, Young and Iguodala all need to go and be replaced by hungry players eager to win titles.

My 2 cents, peace.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou5pbmIEzFI

Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets Full Game Highlights / Game 5 / 2018 NBA Playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by james255(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2018
Manutd19:

I've always maintained this point. Warriors are overrated imo and teams are not playing them tough enough on a consistent basis. I know it's hard but they ain't all that.
If LeBron fails to beat them, they are the best team ever (all excuses to make him look....)

with the addition of Kd to already strongly equipped seemingly unmatched warrior that had lost only 9 games through out the season, Yet they failed to beat their own record in regular season for two years now, let me agree with you this warriors team is highly overrated. We expected them to do better than they presently do with Durant in their squad.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by james255(m): 2:34pm On May 25, 2018
kayjay69:
I think it will be good if Warriors lose this season just so they can be motivated to win next year. If you followed through this season u can tell they were cocky, often arguing with referees, losing concentration in games even after having huge leads.

Basketball heads know that a star studded team doesn't necessarily equal a championship, if it did lebron would have won in his 4 straight years at the Heat. I don't see GSW winning this series even if CP3 goes out for Game 6 (which I feel they should), GSW will go down in the 7th. And if by any stroke of luck they beat Rockets they'll have a hard time with the Celtics.

Bottom line is I hope they lose this year so they can be more motivated to win next year. And I don't think this crop of GSW guys can win 3 championships in a row. There's just something amiss about the team. The best players on the team are not aggressive by nature, and u need that sort attitude if u really are going to win not the passive aggressive stance adopted by Klay, Steph and KD. Another thing is the bench this season has been wack. Livingston needs to go, Pachulia, McGee, Young and Iguodala all need to go and be replaced by hungry players eager to win titles.

My 2 cents, peace.

meanwhile i agree with you in other parts of your post, but i want know why you have written CAVS off while the series is still far from over, mind you it is almost a decade now the king has never lost the conference final.

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.