Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630908 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:13pm On May 25, 2018
james255:

i am for real mate, when KD decided to join GSW every one thought that the warriors was going to dominate the league easily. we actually thought the warriors is sizeless against any other team in NBA, but today we see the same warriors struggles a lot in every stage of playoffs!!! overrated team.

Like..to win 77 regular season games and then what go 16-0 in the playoffs? Is that how it works?

Be real man.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:14pm On May 25, 2018
BarthramLestat:

Just game 6. Time for harden to step up though.

LOL.

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:46pm On May 25, 2018
BarthramLestat:

Just game 6. Time for harden to step up though.

I do hope it's just one game. Do you have faith in the MVP stepping up? I certainly don't.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:53pm On May 25, 2018
Decale:

CP3 and Griffin; I don't like those 2 at all

They have a knack of always giving their team hopes, only to almost always get injured in the playoffs when needed most. I am 100% sure he won't play game 7

Now Rockets hopes are just fading in my eyes. Rubbish....

CP3 takes the cake though. I know Griffin is also Injury prone just don't think He affects outcomes of series the same Paul does. Barring a miracle, the warriors wins the series in 7.

It's truly annoying and frustrating. Now everyone has to hope Harden does not choke in the 4th quarter like he's been doing all through the series.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:33am On May 26, 2018
chic2pimp:

I do hope it's just one game. Do you have faith in the MVP stepping up? I certainly don't.

Y’all know the dude ain’t playing game 6 or 7. If he could play 7 he would have played 6.

People keep acting like this is the NBA finals. It is not. If they lose him through an aggravated injury and they somehow beat GSW, are they not still handicapped going into the NBA finals proper?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:36am On May 26, 2018
God na warrior fan.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:46am On May 26, 2018
chic2pimp:

CP3 takes the cake though. I know Griffin is also Injury prone just don't think He affects outcomes of series the same Paul does. Barring a miracle, the warriors wins the series in 7.

It's truly annoying and frustrating. Now everyone has to hope Harden does not choke in the 4th quarter like he's been doing all through the series.

It is not Harden that worries any GSW fan or supporter. He scored 41 in their game 1 loss. If you had asked me before hand who I wanted out of Rockets it will be CP3, Capela before Harden.

Harden can play out of his skin. But he is no floor general. No talker. No biter. No leader. He is just the best player. With CP3, that is who they had and will miss. Left to Harden GSW have won the series 4-1. It is CP3 that has enough amnesia to forget a bad quarter and push on. He knows the exact pass to make, the way to sell the foul, which opposing player to taunt, whose skin to get under and how to play D that can force great players to change their minds.

Imagine having another coach on the court. A far better shooting Rajon Rondo with more HOF credentials and equal IQ. Man...nobody can tell me nothing. This is a gift from God above. Let Eric Gordon play all he wants to play, they still have 18+pts, 6+Assists, 4+ rebounds 3+ steals and uncountable leadership to make up for in CP3.

I have been watching all the analysts as much as I could all day because nothing they say can get me worked up. GSW needed help, and God took CP3 out of the way. It is the lord's doing and it is marvellous in my eyes.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:51am On May 26, 2018
Eruditor:

Y’all know the dude ain’t playing game 6 or 7. If he could play 7 he would have played 6.

People keep acting like this is the NBA finals. It is not. If they lose him through an aggravated injury and they somehow beat GSW, are they not still handicapped going into the NBA finals proper?

Yh He is probably out of series which is a damn shame. Probably His last chance to win a ring too. Dude just can't seem to catch a break.

If the Rockets do manage to pull off the impossible and win Game 7 without CP3, I reckon He'll be able to play some part in the finals which might just tip the balance in Houston's favour.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:53am On May 26, 2018
Ahhh. Elimination game LeBron. The best LeBron there is. I can't wait for this masterpiece cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:57am On May 26, 2018
SIRcumalot:
God na warrior fan.

Them Chicanos in Oakland are doing some kind of voodoo man. Not only is this team stacked they have luck on their side as well? SMH, not fair. That fake MVP better put the rockets on his beard.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:09am On May 26, 2018
chic2pimp:

Yh He is probably out of series which is a damn shame. Probably His last chance to win a ring too. Dude just can't seem to catch a break.

If the Rockets do manage to pull off the impossible and win Game 7 without CP3, I reckon He'll be able to play some part in the finals which might just tip the balance in Houston's favour.

You are right and if they win, then they deserve it.

I am not like some people here who prayed for GSW players to get injured before the playoffs. I never expected CP3 to get hurt. I feel for him. But I am celebrating this one because it directly benefits my team.

I know they will give it another run next season being encouraged by this one. They gave it their all in the regular season to get the number 1 seed and they did but all that hard work came with its own consequence. GSW have been there before both in 15/16 and 16/17 that is why they tried to take better care this time around. The intensity of the playoff causes such things.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:10am On May 26, 2018
No surprises that CP3 is out. Likely Golden State were going to win whether he played or not. However Golden State would be making a grievous mistake by assuming the game is won already before stepping on the court. Just ask France who thought they had won the Euros when Ororo went down within the first 20mins

Harden and Gordon were a devastating tandem while Paul was out in the regular season and role players like Green, Ariza , Capela ,Tucker would play loose and with little or no pressure

The key would be for Golden State to do a much better job of moving the ball. They must avoid an iso-dogfight by all means because just like in 2016 and games 4&5 it has never ended well for them

16 turnovers is just too much for any team hoping to beat Houston

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:48am On May 26, 2018
Good start for the Celtics. We just have to manage the switches better as the Cavs are seeking Rozier out.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:50am On May 26, 2018
The bricking continues.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:53am On May 26, 2018
JR Smith.. Lmaooo smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:02am On May 26, 2018
We just have to stay with the play and patient. I am happy with the start.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:05am On May 26, 2018
Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart on full para mode
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:06am On May 26, 2018
Cavs down by 5.
End of the first.

Jaylen Brown 25 Lebron 20.

You get what I mean.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:12am On May 26, 2018
Come on guys.. stop the bone head shots especially very early in the clock.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:13am On May 26, 2018
Marcus “Not so” Smart
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:14am On May 26, 2018
What happened to the defense Celts?

Easy buckets for Cavs.

33-31
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:15am On May 26, 2018
Doesn't look like Kevin Love is coming back
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:15am On May 26, 2018
Lebron 3. 34-33 Cavs lead.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:16am On May 26, 2018
Green is giving them very good minutes here.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:16am On May 26, 2018
Cavs take the lead.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:17am On May 26, 2018
Korver is the Cavs second best player by a mile!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:17am On May 26, 2018
Lebron travelled come on.

On that possession that Clarkson or Lance hit a 2.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:18am On May 26, 2018
Good time out by Brad. The Cavs have the momentum.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:19am On May 26, 2018
Jeff Green replacing Love well.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:19am On May 26, 2018
Eruditor:
Lebron travelled come on.

On that possession that Clarkson or Lance hit a 2.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:22am On May 26, 2018
Why can't we see this Cavs team on the road? SMH. Today is not about Boston being bad away from the TD it's about the Cavs fighting for this and if it ultimately results in a loss then I can live with this because they're at least showing some effort!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:24am On May 26, 2018
Smart is killing us with his turn overs and decisions on both ends.

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.