Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan (3612 Views)

Borno Elders: The Real Sponsors Of Boko Haram / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 26, 2011
We know sponsors of bomb blasts- Jonathan
By Sanni Onogu, Abuja 03/09/2011 07:20:00

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Jonathan_NEW_931243638.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

President Goodluck Jonathan said yesterday that government knows the sponsors of the recurrent explosions in the country.
He said government has uncovered what he called “strong leads” to the terrorists ad those behind them.
The president said he has therefore directed security agenicies to begin a man hunt for the alleged sponsors, saying there would be no “sacred cows” in the “war against terror.”
President Jonathan, who spoke at the launch of the new National Drivers Licence and vehicle number plates in Abuja, also paid N6000 to obtain his new drivers’ licence.
He warned those visiting death and destruction on innocent Nigerians and their sponsors that there is “no hiding place” for them anymore.
Jonathan said: “Today’s launch has acquired greatest significance following last Friday’s unprovoked attack which led to the loss of lives and has left in its trail gory images of the threat which terrorism now poses to the peace and security of our nation and the safety of our citizens.
“Since the last bombing episode on October 1, I had directed the hastening of efforts to build a credible data base of drivers and vehicles in order to improve public safety. The importance of this project is reaffirmed by the consistent use of vehicles in the conduct of the recent bombing episode.
“Let me use this occasion to reassure Nigerians and members of the international community that we now have strong leads as to those involved in this terror war on Nigeria and Nigerians. I have directed security operatives to go after them no matter where they may be hiding.
“Also, I am using this opportunity to warn that those who choose to hide under our new freedom to perpetuate evil against our people shall have no hiding place.”
This administration, according to the President, is fully determined and able to deal with all threats and agents of instability who continue to test the resolve of our nation and its democratic institutions and leadership.
“As President and Chief Security Officer of the nation, I will employ every means and instruments at my disposal to secure this nation against forces of evil which seek to divide and sabotage our country,” Jonathan said.
He added: “There shall be no sacred cows in our efforts to expose, contain and defeat this network of terror. I have directed the review of our national security architecture to lay greater emphasis on intelligence and citizens’ participation in security surveillance.”
An explosion went off at the United Nations (UN) House in Abuja penultimate Friday, killing at least 23 people and injuring scores of others.
In June, another blast rocked the Police Headquarters also in Abuja.
There was controversty over the casualty figure, but a traffic warden was officially confirmed dead in that attack.
The Boko Haram (‘Western education is sin’) sect claimed responsibility for both explosions.
The State Security Service (SSS) early in the week arrested and detained two suspects - Babagana Ismail (aka Abu Summaya) and Babagana Mali (aka Bulama) - in connection with the UN building bombing.
Another suspect, Mamman Nur, an al-Qaeda- trained Boko Haram member, alleged to be the brain behind the explosion, has been declared wanted.
On Thursday, the fundamentalist group named 27-year-old Mohammed Abdul as the suicide bomber who drove the explosive-laden Honda Accord Car that rammed into the UN House.
Before extending its operation to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Boko Haram had been engaged in series of killings and attacks in Borno, Bauchi and some other northern states.
Jonathan said yesterday that government was pleased “that the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has delivered in its promise to introduce a credible driver’s licence that meets international standard.”
He described the launch of the new enhanced driver’s licence and number plates by the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) as a “positive development which demonstrates the FRSC’s commitment to the government’s transformation agenda and testimony that we can get it right in this country.”
He added: “Restoring the integrity of the driver’s licence allies fully with the transformation agenda of this government. It is at the heart of the efforts to alter a culture of recklessness, impunity and lack of consideration for other road users and to transform these negative traits to a positive affirmation of a rule driven society.”
According to him, the international dimension of driver’s licences and number plates imposes on Nigeria as a country the need to ensure that they are not used as instruments of terrorism.
He spoke further: “I want to reassure Nigerians and members of the international community that terror groups would be defeated in our land. This administration will spare no effort or resource in containing these latest threats to the unity and stability of our nation.
“Terrorism has no conscience, it spares no one. We must all stand together against terror and its destructive manifestations. We are in touch with all international agencies involved in the global war against terror. We work in tandem with all organisations and partners towards a timely and eventual containment and defeat of terror and their sponsors in our land.”
The Corps Marshal and Chief Executive of the FRSC, Osita Chidoka, said the new drivers licence and number plates would play three significant roles in the polity, namely, enhanced enforcements of road traffic rules, track drivers’ behavioural patterns, and help in national security.
He also revealed that all driver’s licences and number plate now in use have up till August 31, 2012 to change to the new ones.
He said the new driver’s licence now costs 6,000, while the vehicle number plates would cost N15, 000 for private car owners.
Chidoka said: “Today (yesterday) is the beginning of our quest to restore the integrity of the driver’s licence. It is a culmination of the work we have done with the support of the media very strongly to re-educate Nigerians and to bring back the integrity of the driver’s licence. One of the critical ingredients of this is that we are going to have a credible data base of drivers and vehicles in Nigeria.
“One of the significant changes to the plate number system in Nigeria today is that plate numbers are now attached to individuals and not to vehicles. That is to say, if you sell your vehicle, you are under obligation to return those plate numbers and make sure that the new person gets a fresh registration to ensure that we have a credible data base of who owns what vehicle at every time and we are linking the vehicle plate numbers to the drivers licence.
“So, we will have a credible data base of easily calling up that. Now that would help us in three critical things. The new drivers licence and plate numbers would help us first in enforcement, develop patterns of the behaviour of the drivers, and help in area of national security.”
Dignitaries present at the launch which took place at the headquarters of the FRSC in Abuja, included the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Bala Mohammed, Minister of Police Affairs, Caleb Olubolade, Minister of Information and Communications, Labaran Maku, Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, the Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Mrs Ifueko Omoigui-Okauru, among others.
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 26, 2011
GEJ TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!!!
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by sultaan(m): 5:28am On Dec 26, 2011
just wind blowing out of a chicken's a**
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by cashmentor(m): 6:15am On Dec 26, 2011
Does this man think he's smart, sharp, wiser or just dumb?
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Oba234: 6:50am On Dec 26, 2011
lmao, story story o. Talk is cheap.
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 26, 2011
Funny president,i thought Ndume a pdp member is a financier of boko haram ? Where is he today ?
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Funny president,i thought Ndume a pdp member is a financier of boko haram ? Where is he today ?

Abi o
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by CyberG: 4:58am On Dec 27, 2011
Just look at his mumufied face and big flat nose and you get the picture this guy was duuuummmbbb from the very beginning! How can a so called president look so unpresidential, inept and so so stupid by the look on his face!? Mark this down that in two weeks time, nothing will still be done about all this BS. Kai, I trust my own country oooo! Even, when you see the cops, you go respect - you're confident and sure of what they are doing! I have seen cops burst a house before, not militarised SWAT style cops, but normal cops! You'll just wanna see the shaite go down but with real weapons drawn, you just gotta take cover o! Now imagine all the military arms and the machinery that controls them!

God forbid, if a citizen was merely kidnapped somewhere even on foreign soil, that won't be the end of the story! They will actually come look for you and do everything possible to get you back alive or take the body back at worst after killing your attackers! In Nigeria, the so called C-in-C is a real fooolish man and every boko haramite knows he can't do shaite - just talk and looking like a buffoon! I thought you tribalistic southerners always talk about how smart you are, educated, etc but there is strong evidence to tear down that argument in this Jonadoodle f-resident! Whoever allowed this guy to even enrol for a ph. d did so much disservice to humanity! The tribalists from the southern parts of Nigeria who chose a foool over competent and result-oriented individuals should hang their head in shame and repent of this grave error!
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 27, 2011
CyberG:

Just look at his mumufied face and big flat nose and you get the picture this guy was duuuummmbbb from the very beginning! How can a so called president look so unpresidential, inept and so so silly by the look on his face!? Mark this down that in two weeks time, nothing will still be done about all this BS. Kai, I trust my own country oooo! Even, when you see the cops, you go respect - you're confident and sure of what they are doing! I have seen cops burst a house before, not militarised SWAT style cops, but normal cops! You'll just wanna see the shaite go down but with real weapons drawn, you just gotta take cover o! Now imagine all the military arms and the machinery that controls them!

God forbid, if a citizen was merely kidnapped somewhere even on foreign soil, that won't be the end of the story! They will actually come look for you and do everything possible to get you back alive or take the body back at worst after killing your attackers! In Nigeria, the so called C-in-C is a real fooolish man and every boko haramite knows he can't do shaite - just talk and looking like a buffoon! I thought you tribalistic southerners always talk about how smart you are, educated, etc but there is strong evidence to tear down that argument in this Jonadoodle f-resident! Whoever allowed this guy to even enrol for a ph. d did so much disservice to humanity! The tribalists from the southern parts of Nigeria who chose a foool over competent and result-oriented individuals should hang their head in shame and repent of this grave error!

HMMN. . . . .
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 27, 2011
Whether mumu or no mumu he is still the elected President of the country, I wonder why many that has never lead in any capacity come and condemn every act of the president. One even said he is telling us what we know, what do you know?
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2011
I wonder how easy people think it is to fight terrorism .
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by eunisam: 10:07am On Dec 27, 2011
Na the same people,

Na the same sermon,

Na The same logic

Na thesame thesame

Na the same people,

Na the same sermon,

Na The same logic

Na thesame thesame
Na the same people,

Na the same sermon,

Na The same logic

Na thesame thesame
Na the same people,

Na the same sermon,

Na The same logic

Na thesame thesame
Na the same people,

Na the same sermon,

Na The same logic

Na thesame thesame
Na the same people,

Na the same sermon,

Na The same logic

Na thesame thesame
Na the same people,

Na the same sermon,

Na The same logic

Na thesame thesame
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by 1025: 10:26am On Dec 27, 2011
Whether mumu or no mumu he is still the elected President of the country, I wonder why many that has never lead in any capacity come and condemn every act of the president. One even said he is telling us what we know, what do you know?

@batam,
are u saying we should celebrate a president that knows the sponsors of boko haram and still allow them to kill us one after another? will you say the same thing you say now if your family members are killed in these bombings and someone come to tell you that he knows the sponsors of those who killed you family members?
if someone swore an oath to protect lives and properties of nigerians and is not doing so, he must accept responsibilities for his failures and stop telling us craps.
to rule nigeria is not by force. millions of nigerians are clamouring to be the president so if he is not comfortable, let him resign for others to take over.
look back from the day he started his campaign, down to election and now, we have lost over 1 million lives in all these bombings here and there.
do you expect us to fold our arms and watch this pdp lead govt kill us one after the other?
have you not heard or seen rulers or leaders resign their positions for peace to reign and save the lives of their citizens?
jonathan is only interested in removing fuel subsidy and budgeting N1b to himself and his vice for feeding alone in a country where many are dying of hunger. is it not obvious that as long as our handle are idle, we must keep them busy with any available business.

1 Like

Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
^^^+1000
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
Ok you know the sponsors of Boko Haram, WQhat are you now doing about your knowledge?
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 28, 2011
Help me ask Broda Jonah, o.
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by DisGuy: 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2012
dayokanu:

Ok you know the sponsors of Boko Haram, WQhat are you now doing about your knowledge?

he's going to have a toast, fermented palm wine is his speciality

1 Like

Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 11:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
CyberG said

Just look at his mumufied face and big flat nose and you get the picture this guy was duuuummmbbb from the very beginning!

What has his ''big flat nose'' got to do with his intelligence you  colonised slave bast.ard? Would he look more intelligent to you with a whitened or bleached out face and pointed nose, you brainless, cotton picking, plantation slave asswipe?
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by musiwa43: 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
why wait for the people to blow up people. The truth is , until the govt solve their demand, I dont see them changing. If people want to go, no be force to remain. Why risk the life of 150 million people.
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by suwailad(f): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2014
ah ah nigerians forget things so easily - sheeples
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by egift(m): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
PDP, TAN and other Jonathians are counting that Nigerians will forget and allow the Zoologist to pull another fast one on us. Shading crocodile tears, wimping sentiments and acting ignorance of why Nigerians are killed daily.

NOTE: This was in 03/09/2011
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by bacca2: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift: PDP, TAN and other Jonathians are counting that Nigerians will forget and allow the Zoologist to pull another fast one on us. Shading crocodile tears, wimping sentiments and acting ignorance of why Nigerians are killed daily.

NOTE: This was in 03/09/2011
In 2011 it was "I Have no Shoes"
In 2015 it will be "I have No brain"

Clueless government and PDP

2 Likes

Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by egopersonified(f): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
bacca2: In 2011 it was "I Have no Shoes"

Chai!
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by EdCure: 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
bacca2: In 2011 it was "I Have no Shoes"

Only a knee jerk reactionary would vote for one with such zombie credentials. grin

1 Like

Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by kwanKwasiyya(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
We still waiting For him. In sane countries the military intel boys will go had on Mr p to deal with the so called sponsors. Gej is monumental failure
Re: We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan by otukpo(f): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
Mr. President, we expect you know that these sponsors shall not go free..

(1) (Reply)

Soldier In Forest (photo) / Obama’s Grandma Arrives For Umrah .. Pics / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.