Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Nairaland Brain Drain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nairaland Brain Drain (997 Views)

Brain-drain In The Nigerian Political Landscape - Smithsammy / How Nigeria Can Turn Its Brain Drain To Brain Gain – Phillip Emeagwali / Emeagwali; His American Life And African Brain Drain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nairaland Brain Drain by Pain(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
The level of immaturity currently on display on Nairaland is one of the reasons why the First Citizens have since vanished into diaspora to other more same forums. There is indeed a brain drain from Nairaland. I remember the good old days. I'm indeed filled with nostalgia of its pristine past. The earlier Seun the FO does something the better or else the forum will be overtaken by drain pipe rats!
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by Seun(m): 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2011
People always say this, but the truth is that people can't stay forever because they have lives.
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by Maisuya1: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
^
so u support or don't mind the ethnic polarisation and delibrrate incitation on niraland. I remembered when I used to just visit the job and jokes section in the past during 2006/2007 then I wasn't registered, I used to noticed some genuine foreigners on this site. Now I doubt if there are any left. The level of immaturity displayed here daily is enough to drive even sane nigerians off the site
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by efisher(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2011
So what should Seun do? Ask everyone to present a PhD certificate or be banned from the site?

Whatever u see in an online forum like Nairaland is an unbridled reflection of the hearts and minds of individuals in the larger society. The freedom to spew crap is what make nairaland tick.

(PS: Don't shoot me down. Its just my opinion)
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by eunisam: 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
Can you compare Nigeria of today to Nigeria of 1961?
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by Beaf: 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2011
Mai-suya:

^
so u support or don't mind the ethnic polarisation and delibrrate incitation on niraland. I remembered when I used to just visit the job and jokes section in the past during 2006/2007 then I wasn't registered, I used to noticed some genuine foreigners on this site. Now I doubt if there are any left. The level of immaturity displayed here daily is enough to drive even sane nigerians off the site

That is true. They are all gone now, there used to be quite a few African American and Caribbean folk, one of the mods (Gabbry) was even a foreigner too; but they all seem to be gone now. The foreign affairs section used to pull in a lot of Americans, but no more, its all conspiracy theories now.

I really do not agree with Seun that people are just moving on; there also seems to be a wholesale demographic change.
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by Jakumo(m): 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2011
Pain:

the forum will be overtaken by drain pipe rats!

Drain pipe rats can prove to be upstanding citizens, under the right circumstances.
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by efisher(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
If we really want something more refined, Seun can open a new platform more like Facebook where u have to put all your detail (real names and picture with phone number verification etc). But NL should remain "moderately moderated" cheesy
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by Lasinoh: 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2011
The good old days I tell ya.
Tell the Adams started eating the Forbidden fruits of some 'Eves and Steves'. . . and giving birth to serpents!

In order words. . .till awon phock me I phock you gang of e badu belle and e jolosies started strutting their stuff. . .to the 'land of nowhere'! wink

2007-2008 sweeeeeeeet sha. The best years of NL's history.

Well, like Nairaland, like Nigeria. . . things only get worse. Thank God for a good sense of humor. cheesy

Good to know when you really have 'lives' NL ceazes to exist. Just wondering if those who continue to stay on. . .do not have lives.

Just saying. . . . GOOD RIDDANCE TO FOUL RUBBISH. . . .  grin

If you kinnot take the 'eat. . . gerrout of the gaddem kissshen! cool

Brain drain or not. . . not my consain. . . MY BRAIN AIN'T DRAINING NO WHERE NAIRALAND OR NOT! cool
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2011
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by Obiagu1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2011
greateros:

After all the complains, what do u suggest seun should do to bring back the so-called good old days?

Its obvious he cant go back  to buhari style of leadership - which of course yielded the sweet old days of discipline and respect for fellow forumites!

There are some notorious posters here. I don't think it's that hard a job to bring back sanity to NL. Simply review the last 3 - 6 months posts from those psychos here and decide if they deserve to be members of this forum.
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by olawalebabs(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2011
eunisam:

Can you compare Nigeria of today to Nigeria of 1961?
this answer all the questions. What we need to do is to look out for solution and stop lamenting.
Re: The Nairaland Brain Drain by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2011
It's not a matter of brain drain but there are some folks here that are not mature enough based on their comments and posts.
There some also that are politicians or sponsored by politicians who will never agree on truth but always like propaganda.
There are some members that are jokers and never post any reasonable comments on any topic being discussed.
There are some members who never seen anything good in other tribes therefore they are ethnic bigot.
There are some member that post just anyhow for other members attention so they want popularity on nairaland whether good or bad.
There are some old member who think because they have posted a lot on this forum nobody is better than them when it comes to issues.
Search yourself where you belong to.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan Has Declared A State Of Emergency In Areas Hard Hit By Violence / Who Is Misleading America On Boko Haram? - by Frisky Larr / c:-)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.