Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! (3433 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Slavery Is Authorized And Blessed In The Bible By The Bible God Himself! / From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Knight1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
QUESTION/VERSE/QUERY 3.

FOR PROPER CONTEXT AND UNDERSTANDING, I WILL QUOTE FROM VERSE 1 OF THE CHAPTER

Eze 14:1  Then came certain of the elders of Israel unto me, and sat before me.
Eze 14:2  And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Eze 14:3  Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?
Eze 14:4  Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;
Eze 14:5  That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.
Eze 14:6  Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
Eze 14:7  For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:
Eze 14:8  And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 14:9  And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
Eze 14:10  And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him;
Eze 14:11  That the house of Israel may go no more astray from me, neither be polluted any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may be their God, saith the Lord GOD.

I WILL ASSUME YOU READ THE ABOVE QUOTED SCRIPTURE; SO HERE GOES (Courtesy Henry's bible commentary)

These hypocritical enquirers (the elders), though Ezekiel will not give them a comfortable answer, yet hope to meet with some other prophets that will; and if they do, as perhaps they may, let them know that God permits those lying prophets to deceive them in part of punishment: “If the prophet that flatters them be deceived, and gives them hopes which there is no ground for, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, have suffered the temptation to be laid before him, and suffered him to yield to it, and overruled it for the hardening of those in their wicked courses who were resolved to go on in them.” We are sure that God is not the author of sin, but we are sure that he is the Lord of all and the Judge of sinners, and that he often makes use of one wicked man to destroy another, and so of one wicked man to deceive another. Both are sins in him who does them, and so they are not from God; both are punishments to him to whom they are done, and so they are from God.
We have a full instance of this in the story of Ahab's prophets, who were deceived by a lying spirit, which God put into their mouths (1Ki_22:23), and another in those whom God gives up to strong delusions, to believe a lie, because they received not the love of the truth, 2Th_2:10, 2Th_2:11 wink. But read the fearful doom of the lying prophet: I will stretch out my hand upon him and will destroy him. When God has served his(GOd's) own righteous purposes by him(the lying prophet) he shall be reckoned with for his unrighteous purposes. As, when God had made use of the Chaldeans for the wasting of a sinful people, he justly punished them for their rage, so when he had made use of false prophets, and afterwards of false Christs, for the deceiving of a sinful people, he justly punished them for their falsehood. But herein we must acknowledge (as Calvin upon this place reminds us) that God's judgments are a great deep, that we are incompetent judges of them, and that, though we cannot account for the equity of God's proceedings to the satisfying and silencing of every caviller, yet there is a day coming when he will be justified before all the world, and particularly in this instance, when the punishment of the prophet that flattereth the hypocrite in his evil way shall be as the punishment of the hypocrite that seeketh to him and bespeaks smooth things only, Isa_30:10. The ditch shall be the same to the blind leader and the blind followers.[size=8pt][/size]
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by newmusic: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
every inch an illiterate op!!!
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Knight

how can a man be called "prophet of God" and go against God's instruction and prophesy? how can God deceiving his prophets and punishing them for the sake of enquirers be explained as "guilty prophets".

you can give any explanation,but from Islam,we believe prophets of God are men guided by the spirit and mercy and love of God.their character is high and they work in accordance with God's instruction.i wonder how God would not guide His prophet but would rather deceive them when they make a mistake.

the commentary you presented is just using more words to explain what we already know.nothing new.thanks.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Knight1(m): 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2011
a man can be a prophet and go against God's instruction if he allows his eyes and flesh to mislead him. it's called backsliding. several people do the same today, and we say "oh but he started well". that's why men must be careful not to allow pride, money etc pull them down.
they might still be able to have the "carriage", infact they may still say some things that may come to pass, but then, even a fan doesn't stop the moment you switch it off, it rotates slower and slower until it comes to a complete stop.

we'll move to the next point tomorrow if you don't mind. wink
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
Knight1:

a man can be a prophet and go against God's instruction if he allows his eyes and flesh to mislead him. it's called backsliding. several people do the same today, and we say "oh but he started well". that's why men must be careful not to allow pride, money etc pull them down.
they might still be able to have the "carriage", infact they may still say some things that may come to pass, but then, even a fan doesn't stop the moment you switch it off, it rotates slower and slower until it comes to a complete stop.

we'll move to the next point tomorrow if you don't mind. wink

but that is surely different when God himself misleads or deceives his prophet.right?!
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Knight1(m): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2011
These hypocritical enquirers (the elders), though Ezekiel will not give them a comfortable answer, yet hope to meet with some other prophets that will; and if they do, as perhaps they may, let them know that God permits those lying prophets to deceive them in part of punishment: “If the prophet that flatters them be deceived, and gives them hopes which there is no ground for, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, have suffered(allowed=contemporary word) the temptation to be laid before him, and suffered(allowed) him to yield to it, and overruled it for the hardening of those in their wicked courses who were resolved to go on in them.”

i wrote this before now. sometimes you make me believe you don't read anybody's post but yours. how can you claim you read my post and still ask me that question?
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 12:12am On Dec 29, 2011
Knight1:

i wrote this before now. sometimes you make me believe you don't read anybody's post but yours. how can you claim you read my post and still ask me that question?
did you read the verse at all that says that if the prophet is deceived it is God that has deceived him? so really what then is the offense of the prophet if him being deceived is God's deceit?

Ezekiel 14:9
9And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Knight1(m): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2011
i have noticed that there is just one more 'query' so i'll just try and touch that so we can end once and for all,

what you see in John 12:40 is quoted from Isaiah 6 which you equally queried so they will get the same answer.
here is courtesy Henry's commentaries. (it defeats your queries so well, sometimes i think they were written for just that grin )
once again i will quote the scripture in proper context for better understanding.

Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
Isa 6:11  Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
Isa 6:12  And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
Isa 6:13  But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

God takes Isaiah at his word, and here sends him on a strange errand - to foretel the ruin of his people and even to ripen them for that ruin - to preach that which, by their abuse of it, would be to them a savour of death unto death. And this was to be a type and figure of the state of the Jewish church in the days of the Messiah, when they should obstinately reject the gospel, and should thereupon be rejected of God.  Isaiah is here given to understand these  things: -
1. That the generality of the people to whom he was sent would turn a deaf ear to his preaching, and wilfully shut their eyes against all the discoveries of the mind and will of God which he had to make to them (Isa_6:9): .” Isaiah must preach to them, and they will hear him indeed, but that is all; they will not heed him; they will no understand him; they will not take any pains, nor use that application of mind which is necessary to the understanding of him; they are prejudiced against that which is the true intent and meaning of what he says, and therefore they will not understand him, or pretend they do not[b](e.g LagosShia). grin [/color]They see indeed (for the vision is made plain on tables, so that he who runs may read it); but they perceive not their own concern in it; it is to them as a tale that is told. Note, There are many who hear the sound of God's word, but do not feel the power of it.[/b]
2. That, forasmuch as they would not be made better by his ministry, they should be made worse by it; those that were wilfully blind should be judicially blinded (Isa_6:10): [color=#990000]
“They will not understand or perceive thee, and therefore thou shalt be instrumental to make their heart fat, senseless, and sensual, and so to make their ears yet more heavy, and to shut their eyes the closer; so that, at length, their recovery and repentance will become utterly impossible; they shall no more see with their eyes the danger they are in, the ruin they are upon the brink of, nor the way of escape from it; they shall no more hear with their ears the warnings and instructions that are given them, nor understand with their heart the things that belong to their peace, so as to be converted from the error of their ways, and thus be healed.”
Note, (1.) The conversion of sinners is the healing of them. (2.) A right understanding is necessary to conversion. (3.) God sometimes, in a way of righteous judgment, gives men up to blindness of mind and strong delusions, because they would not receive the truth in the love of it, 2Th_2:10-12. He that is filthy let him be filthy still.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Judek2(m): 6:27am On Dec 29, 2011
LagosShia:

this is the forum i will remain and cleanse from your nonsense and keep being a thorn for you and your likes.

you are the one that will go to where you belong,you fanatical pagan trinitarian!

Let me give you MY OWN explanation on the Trinity.

Its like a Tree which stands on its own, the Tree contains the branches,leaves,flowers,fruits and so on. They are all seperate but they are from the Tree. The Fruits falls off and are eaten as food,the leaves also fall off and can serve as decorations,but the Tree remains and gives out these things.

Now,God is the Tree.I can call Jesus the fruits and the Holy Spirit the leaves.
NOTE,the Tree has many(more than three) parts,thus God can choose to express himself uncountably and more than three.

Because of Gods love for mankind,for redemption and salvation,he made a part of him to come to us as God,in human form,thus Jesus has two forms, Divine and human. He was Divine to show his authority as God,and human to show us his love for his creations.(if you want to befriend Children,you must do like kids do) I mean,if he want to come tn human beings,he must be human.
So he hungered,slept,suffered, eats just like human beings,yet performed miracles,raised the dead,forgives sins,recieves worships etc. Just like God.

The Tree also lets down its leaves,to use it as the Holy Spirit which was described as "the spirit of God" in Gen.1:2.
A part of God as a gift to manking for teaching and understanding.

The Fruits and the Leaves represents the Tree as when you pick the fruits or use the leaves,you can as well point to the Tree as the source,if not for the Tree,no fruits for you. So when you eats the fruit,your mind is always on that Tree that gives it.
We enjoys the fruit from the Tree,

So the trinity is more like it, God exists in Three persons,He is God the Father,then the Son and the Holy Spirit,and this three are One.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Judek2(m): 6:40am On Dec 29, 2011
LagosShia:

bring them coming for exposure!

your nonsense is obvious and we will keep seeing it.

your hide in ambiguity.is that what will lead you to salvation? all your beliefs are haging in the balance and ambiguos the way you explained them.when i show you the plain truth,you reject it and hide in the clouds clinging to your ambigity as facts.

What do you know about salvation? You realy dont know anything about it cos you'll never gain it.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
Knight1:

i have noticed that there is just one more 'query' so i'll just try and touch that so we can end once and for all,

what you see in John 12:40 is quoted from Isaiah 6 which you equally queried so they will get the same answer.
here is courtesy Henry's commentaries. (it defeats your queries so well, sometimes i think they were written for just that grin )
once again i will quote the scripture in proper context for better understanding.

Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
Isa 6:11  Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
Isa 6:12  And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
Isa 6:13  But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

God takes Isaiah at his word, and here sends him on a strange errand - to foretel the ruin of his people and even to ripen them for that ruin - to preach that which, by their abuse of it, would be to them a savour of death unto death. And this was to be a type and figure of the state of the Jewish church in the days of the Messiah, when they should obstinately reject the gospel, and should thereupon be rejected of God.  Isaiah is here given to understand these  things: -
1. That the generality of the people to whom he was sent would turn a deaf ear to his preaching, and wilfully shut their eyes against all the discoveries of the mind and will of God which he had to make to them (Isa_6:9): .” Isaiah must preach to them, and they will hear him indeed, but that is all; they will not heed him; they will no understand him; they will not take any pains, nor use that application of mind which is necessary to the understanding of him; they are prejudiced against that which is the true intent and meaning of what he says, and therefore they will not understand him, or pretend they do not[b](e.g LagosShia). grin [/color]They see indeed (for the vision is made plain on tables, so that he who runs may read it); but they perceive not their own concern in it; it is to them as a tale that is told. Note, There are many who hear the sound of God's word, but do not feel the power of it.[/b]
2. That, forasmuch as they would not be made better by his ministry, they should be made worse by it; those that were wilfully blind should be judicially blinded (Isa_6:10): [color=#990000]
“They will not understand or perceive thee, and therefore thou shalt be instrumental to make their heart fat, senseless, and sensual, and so to make their ears yet more heavy, and to shut their eyes the closer; so that, at length, their recovery and repentance will become utterly impossible; they shall no more see with their eyes the danger they are in, the ruin they are upon the brink of, nor the way of escape from it; they shall no more hear with their ears the warnings and instructions that are given them, nor understand with their heart the things that belong to their peace, so as to be converted from the error of their ways, and thus be healed.”
Note, (1.) The conversion of sinners is the healing of them. (2.) A right understanding is necessary to conversion. (3.) God sometimes, in a way of righteous judgment, gives men up to blindness of mind and strong delusions, because they would not receive the truth in the love of it, 2Th_2:10-12. He that is filthy let him be filthy still.

you kep telling us the condition of the people and how they behaved ande react while totally ignoring the fact that according to the bible God made them like that and made that situation to befall them.he shut their ears and blinded them not to believe so that they will not be healed.why?i am not asking for stories about the people and how they were.i am asking why did your god made them like that and turned them into what they become?i know how they were.i am not looking for you to tell me their story.i am asking you why your god was so unfair to punish them like that even preventing them from repentance and misleading them
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Knight1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2011
i put the answer to that question in blue undecided

they have obstinately and unrepentantly rejected the gospel, they have made themselves willfully blind, because they have a freewill to choose whatever they want (the freewill given by God).

God did not make anyone a thief or a murderer etc, it is a man's choice to do good or evil. he cannot now say he has been turned into that or misled into that by God.
this thing is simple understanding undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
Knight1:

i put the answer to that question in blue undecided

they have obstinately and unrepentantly rejected the gospel, they have made themselves willfully blind, because they have a freewill to choose whatever they want (the freewill given by God).

God did not make anyone a thief or a murderer etc, it is a man's choice to do good or evil. he cannot now say he has been turned into that or misled into that by God.
this thing is simple understanding undecided undecided undecided undecided

they have done this and that.yes we know.and we also know the importance of repentance and the promise of forgiveness as Islam and the Quran teach us.but your bible God is not leaving room for repentance.but your God has a hand in that.doesn't he?
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
Judek2:

Let me give you MY OWN explanation on the Trinity.

Its like a Tree which stands on its own, the Tree contains the branches,leaves,flowers,fruits and so on. They are all seperate but they are from the Tree. The Fruits falls off and are eaten as food,the leaves also fall off and can serve as decorations,but the Tree remains and gives out these things.

Now,God is the Tree.I can call Jesus the fruits and the Holy Spirit the leaves.
NOTE,the Tree has many(more than three) parts,thus God can choose to express himself uncountably and more than three.

Because of Gods love for mankind,for redemption and salvation,he made a part of him to come to us as God,in human form,thus Jesus has two forms, Divine and human. He was Divine to show his authority as God,and human to show us his love for his creations.(if you want to befriend Children,you must do like kids do) I mean,if he want to come tn human beings,he must be human.
So he hungered,slept,suffered, eats just like human beings,yet performed miracles,raised the dead,forgives sins,recieves worships etc. Just like God.

The Tree also lets down its leaves,to use it as the Holy Spirit which was described as "the spirit of God" in Gen.1:2.
A part of God as a gift to manking for teaching and understanding.

The Fruits and the Leaves represents the Tree as when you pick the fruits or use the leaves,you can as well point to the Tree as the source,if not for the Tree,no fruits for you. So when you eats the fruit,your mind is always on that Tree that gives it.
We enjoys the fruit from the Tree,

So the trinity is more like it, God exists in Three persons,He is God the Father,then the Son and the Holy Spirit,and this three are One.

hey people!

the christian god is now a "tree with branches producing fruits"-Judek2!!! muhahahaha grin grin grin grin

they dont want to wake up that trinity is pagan and not found even in their bible.they want to accept everything because of their yeye religion.the Quran says to christians:"Do not say Trinity.stop!it is better for you!!!

"Judek's" christian trinitarian god with his branches and fruits lookis like this (pagan hindu trinitarian god called shiva with branches)  grin :

Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
Judek2:

What do you know about salvation? You realy dont know anything about it cos you'll never gain it.

Holy Quran 2:135
"They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah."

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-795950.160.html#msg9847925

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-795950.160.html#msg9856839
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Topic ^^

The Judeo/Christian Bible is a corruption of stolen material that has been used to spiritually enslave humanity. All of the legends of the Gods are allegories. The Vatican and its cohorts have gained wealth, power, and control by forcing people to believe these allegories are literal places and characters.

The completion of the work, what is known in alchemy as the "Magnum Opus" has its foundation in the kundalini. The kundalini serpent lies coiled at the base of the spine. Through meditation, the fiery serpent ascends. This is what is known as "Raising the Devil." There are 33 vertebrae in the in the human spinal column. We often hear the term "33rd degree Mason" or that the fictitious nazarene lived 33 years grin grin i think that have to tell u something cheesy cheesy wink
[/size]
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Kx: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Poster, pls dont blaspheme againts God pls.

golamike:

Be not deceived; God is not mocked:

For whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. Here are some men and women who mocked God :

John Lennon (Singer):
  Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
     ' Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain.
       Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him ' (1966).
  Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, [b]not even God would remove him from Presidency.
Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

[/b]Cazuza (Bi-intimate Brazilian composer, singer and poet):

During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: ' God, that ' s for you. '
He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be.
 With an ironic tone he said: ' Not even God can sink it '
  The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic

Campinas (IN 2005)

In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend,

The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:
' My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You. '

She responded: ' Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here, It ' s Already Full '
Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died,
the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.

The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer)
said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written.  In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]You are asking the poster not to blaspheme against one so called God that doesn't seem to exist anywhere but claimed to be existing somewhere describe as heaven that doesn't exist also -- and because of this same God you people have been blaspheming against Satan , whatever name u call him and his demons just to promote that sadist God . embarassed embarassed

STOP accusing and blaspheming against the name of SATAN too --- cool cool
[/size]

Kx:

Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2011
Kx:

this is really new to me.i have never heard that quoting the bible is blaspheming.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Knight1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2011
@LagosShia,
Since you are bent to "indicting" God grin, i'll quote you a passage in scripture which we will together analyse

[b]1Ki 22:7  And Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD besides, that we might enquire of him?
1Ki 22:8  And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may enquire of the LORD: but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.
1Ki 22:9  Then the king of Israel called an officer, and said, Hasten hither Micaiah the son of Imlah.
1Ki 22:10  And the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah sat each on his throne, having put on their robes, in a void place in the entrance of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets prophesied before them.
1Ki 22:11  And Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah made him horns of iron: and he said, Thus saith the LORD, With these shalt thou push the Syrians, until thou have consumed them.
1Ki 22:12  And all the prophets prophesied so, saying, Go up to Ramothgilead, and prosper: for the LORD shall deliver it into the king's hand.
(here we see prophets who because of political favor etc say things that aren't true. these prophets have made themselves useless to GOd)
1Ki 22:13  And the messenger that was gone to call Micaiah spake unto him, saying, Behold now, the words of the prophets declare good unto the king with one mouth: let thy word, I pray thee, be like the word of one of them, and speak that which is good.
1Ki 22:14  And Micaiah said, As the LORD liveth, what the LORD saith unto me, that will I speak.
1Ki 22:15  So he came to the king. And the king said unto him, Micaiah, shall we go against Ramothgilead to battle, or shall we forbear? And he answered him, Go, and prosper: for the LORD shall deliver it into the hand of the king. (The prophet Micaiah knew the king wanted prophets that'll tell him what he wanted to hear so he mocked him in saying, GO)1Ki 22:16  And the king said unto him, How many times shall I adjure thee that thou tell me nothing but that which is true in the name of the LORD?
1Ki 22:17  And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.
1Ki 22:18  And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee that he would prophesy no good concerning me, but evil?
1Ki 22:19  And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
1Ki 22:20  And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall[i](die)[/i] at Ramothgilead? (i'm sure you can see reason at least in the fact that God reserves the right to take a man's life since he gave him that life; in the case of Ahab, after being rejected as king by GOd, instead of dedicated penitence for the rest of his life, he became even more wicked until his cup became full)  And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
1Ki 22:21  And there came forth a spirit,(note that the spirit came forth, not that he was there throughout, our God doesn't hold council with such spirits, however use can be found at times for that spirit; if you want to debate this, i will like to remind you that death is not a spirit of GOd, yet he/it is employed to translate man to eternal life/damnation) and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
1Ki 22:22  And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he (God) said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
1Ki 22:23  Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets,(now it is put in this form- that God put a lying spirit; because he allowed the lying spirit to fulfil his purpose.) and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee. [/b]

Need i say more? undecided

next 'queries'!!! grin grin grin

THE HOLY BIBLE IS THE MOST ACCUSED, BATTERED, CRITICISED, PHYSICALLY DESTROYED BOOK IN HUMAN HISTORY, IT HAS NOT REMAINED ALL THESE TIMES BECAUSE THOSE ACCUSERS DIDN'T GET THEIR FACTS RIGHT, THE BIBLE HAS REMAINED BECAUSE IT IS AN UNTAINTED TRUTH FROM THE FIRST PAGE TO THE LAST PAGE. IT IS THE WORD OF THE GOD, ALL YOU WILL ACHIEVE IS WHAT ALL THOSE ACCUSERS IN THE PAST ACHIEVED. NOTHING!!!! APART FROM PROMOTING IT'S EXCELLENCE
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]Now u are proving from the bible they use still someone is complaining that u are blaspheming ^^ grin grin LagosShia dear , dunno mind them jare . so many that claims they're Christians don't even know where they truly belong . cheesy cheesy wink
[/size]
LagosShia:

this is really new to me.i have never heard that quoting the bible is blaspheming.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by plappville(f): 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
LagosShia:

you must truly be the b!tch i used to call you for you to think each time you are Hot you would bring up claims that have been refuted and expect me to refute them one by one.you dont deserve respect because you dont respect others and their intelligence.sitting behind your computer screen does not give you the right to play with nonsense and annoy others.your tactic of wasting my time and distracting me with old stories already dealt with decisively will not stop me from concentrating on new scandalous threads which will expose the falsehood of your false beliefs.

you better go and check the old thread you thick skulls started and find your answers there.each time you are Hot and use repetitition to express yourself you'd be given the same answer and experience.keep chewing the past stories and their answers like the way a goat regurgitates.

Islam Heaven awaiting u Mr! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by tiarabubu: 12:28am On Dec 31, 2011
New Convert: Is Allah the deceiver?
Mullah: No! Impossible. Allah will never deceive.

New Convert: How come Allah describes Himself as the best deceiver?
Mullah: Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!! Off with his head!

The Qur'an openly states many times that Allah is the 'best deceiver'. The root word used in these verses is Makr (ماكر) which means deception. The literal translations presented here, referenced from a Muslim website, make this very clear.

Qur'an 3:54
ومكروا ومكر الله والله خير الماكرين
Transliteration: Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru almakireena
Literal: And they cheated/deceived and God cheated/deceived, and God (is) the best (of) the cheaters/deceivers.

Qur'an 7:99
واذ يمكر بك الذين كفروا ليثبتوك او يقتلوك او يخرجوك ويمكرون ويمكر الله والله خير الماكرين
Transliteration: Afaaminoo makra Allahi fala ya/manu makra Allahi illa alqawmu alkhasiroona
Literal: Did they secure God's scheme/deceit ? So no(one) trusts God's scheme/deceit except the nation the losers.

Qur'an 10:21
واذا اذقنا الناس رحمة من بعد ضراء مستهم اذا لهم مكر في اياتنا قل الله اسرع مكرا ان رسلنا يكتبون ماتمكرون
Transliteration: Wa-itha athaqna alnnasa rahmatan min baAAdi darraa massat-hum itha lahum makrun fee ayatina quli Allahu asraAAu makran inna rusulana yaktuboona ma tamkuroona
Literal: And if We made the people taste/experience mercy from after calamity/disastrous distress touched them, then for them (is) cheatery/deceit/schemes in Our verses/evidences . Say: "God (is) quicker/faster (in) cunning/scheming , that Our messengers write what you cheat/ deceive/scheme."

Qur'an 13:42
وقد مكر الذين من قبلهم فلله المكر جميعا يعلم ماتكسب كل نفس وسيعلم الكفار لمن عقبى الدار
Transliteration: Waqad makara allatheena min qablihim falillahi almakru jameeAAan yaAAlamu ma taksibu kullu nafsin wasayaAAlamu alkuffaru liman AAuqba alddari
Literal: And those from before them had cheated/deceived/schemed, so to God (is) all the cheatery/deceit/scheme. He knows what every self gains/acquires , and the disbelievers will know to whom (is) the house's/home's end/turn (result).

embarassed embarassed
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 31, 2011
LagosShia I am also not[b] tiarabubu[/b] oooooo , before you start accusing me.   grin grin grin
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Judek2(m): 3:50am On Dec 31, 2011
LagosShia:

hey people!

the christian god is now a "tree with branches producing fruits"-Judek2!!! muhahahaha grin grin grin grin

they dont want to wake up that trinity is pagan and not found even in their bible.they want to accept everything because of their yeye religion.the Quran says to christians:"Do not say Trinity.stop!it is better for you!!!

"Judek's" christian trinitarian god with his branches and fruits lookis like this (pagan hindu trinitarian god called shiva with branches)  grin :

Do you know the way your teacher taught you in nursery and primary school? (Using sticks and stones to demonstrate). Thats the same method I applied.
You may be an aged man,as you claimed that you are married,but you are still an infant when it comes to the Bible,so I took my time to explain it with nature.

Too bad that you even mocked and laughed at yourself because I expected that from you. I just explained it to the level of your Korainic brain for a little understanding.

Why are you so excited at the mention of tree, as I know, Mohammad was so much in love with palm trees that he said that Mary laboured and gave birth under a palm tree. While palm trees never even existed during the time of Mary and Jesus.
Mohammad was a big lier and fairly story teller,even the child spoke to Mary from the womb.
Another big bluff and lie is that Mohammad couldnt even differenciate between Mary,the mother of Jesus from Miriam,the sister of Moses, as he called Mary,mother of Jesus as Miriam. and said, O sister of Moses therefore proving that Moses (an ancestor of Jesus) was the uncle of Jesus.
Mohammad is the greatest fraud in history.
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2012
Judek2:

Do you know the way your teacher taught you in nursery and primary school? (Using sticks and stones to demonstrate). Thats the same method I applied.
You may be an aged man,as you claimed that you are married,but you are still an infant when it comes to the Bible,so I took my time to explain it with nature.

how can you explain something somewhere when that thing is not found there?
dont even be deceived into thinking even the bible has the trace of the trinity doctrine.this was a doctrine deviced by men.read about Athanasius.this is history.

Too bad that you even mocked and laughed at yourself because I expected that from you. I just explained it to the level of your Korainic brain for a little understanding.
you are easily deceived by emotions.you dont want to listen so you will remain blind in darkness.

Why are you so excited at the mention of tree, as I know, Mohammad was so much in love with palm trees that he said that Mary laboured and gave birth under a palm tree. While palm trees never even existed during the time of Mary and Jesus.
and Jesus hated trees so much that he cursed a fig tree because it didnt bear figs when it was not the fig season grin

by the way there is a difference between "palm tree" and "date palm".Mary (as) is said to have labored under a date palm and not a palm tree.you dont know your bible and yet you want to teach others their books.how do you think your blindness can do that?

Mohammad was a big lier and fairly story teller,even the child spoke to Mary from the womb.
from the womb? you must be reading your bible and dreaming! that again is no where found in the Quran.we are told Jesus spoke from infancy and not in the womb.mumu!

Another big bluff and lie is that Mohammad couldnt even differenciate between Mary,the mother of Jesus from Miriam,the sister of Moses, as he called Mary,mother of Jesus as Miriam. and said, O sister of Moses therefore proving that Moses (an ancestor of Jesus) was the uncle of Jesus.
Mohammad is the greatest fraud in history.

that is how your empty head sees it.Jesus was also called the "son of David".that is also confusion and mixing lineages, wasn't it?

by the way,another failure on your part! Mary,mother of Jesus,was not addressed as "sister of Moses" in the Quran.she is addressed figuratively as "sister of Aron" and not Moses!!!
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Judek2(m): 12:54am On Jan 02, 2012
LagosShia:

how can you explain something somewhere when that thing is not found there?
dont even be deceived into thinking even the bible has the trace of the trinity doctrine.this was a doctrine deviced by men.read about Athanasius.this is history.
you are easily deceived by emotions.you dont want to listen so you will remain blind in darkness.
and Jesus hated trees so much that he cursed a fig tree because it didnt bear figs when it was not the fig season grin

1)And the SPIRIT of God moved upon the face of the waters
2)I and my Father are one
3)And God said,"let us make man in our image,after our likeness:
the three were present during creation.

Here,the spirit of God(holy spirit), Jesus which is one with God and of God. cool
The three are One.

by the way there is a difference between "palm tree" and "date palm".Mary (as) is said to have labored under a date palm and not a palm tree.you dont know your bible and yet you want to teach others their books.how do you think your blindness can do that?

And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"

Where is the date palm?

from the womb? you must be reading your bible and dreaming! that again is no where found in the Quran.we are told Jesus spoke from infancy and not in the womb.mumu!

24. But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;
25. "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.
26. "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, 'I have vowed a fast to ((Allah)) Most Gracious,and this day will I enter into not talk with any human being'"

I tried to be more logical to assert that the voice was from the child in the womb, but its actually from beneat the PALM TREE.
I can rightly assert that the Palm Tree Roots actually spoke to Mary. smiley

that is how your empty head sees it.Jesus was also called the "son of David".that is also confusion and mixing lineages, wasn't it?

I can say (son of,or sister of) any of my ancestors. Jesus,son of David and not Jesus,the Brother of David or any of his ancestors.

by the way,another failure on your part! Mary,mother of Jesus,was not addressed as "sister of Moses" in the Quran.she is addressed figuratively as "sister of Aron" and not Moses!!!

Moses and Aeron were brothers. Mary,sister of Aeron and Mary,sister of Moses makes no difference. She is both their sister.

But,was Mary the sister of Aeron? grin grin
BLUNDER!!! shocked
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2012
Judek2:

1)And the SPIRIT of God moved upon the face of the waters
2)I and my Father are one
3)And God said,"let us make man in our image,after our likeness:
the three were present during creation.

Here,the spirit of God(holy spirit), Jesus which is one with God and of God. cool
The three are One.
OMG! shocked

"the three were present during creation"!!! shocked "Judek" is practicing what he has been taught best to do:fingering the bible!!!

And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"

Where is the date palm?

24. But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;
25. "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.
26. "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, 'I have vowed a fast to ((Allah)) Most Gracious,and this day will I enter into not talk with any human being'"

I tried to be more logical to assert that the voice was from the child in the womb, but its actually from beneat the PALM TREE.
I can rightly assert that the Palm Tree Roots actually spoke to Mary. smiley
there are no palm trees in the middle east.the word in arabic talks of date palm.wherever you got that translation for,speaks of hanky-panky like you just did with your bible!

I can say (son of,or sister of) any of my ancestors. Jesus,son of David and not Jesus,the Brother of David or any of his ancestors.
no! the bible describe Jesus as "son of David".but he was not the son of David!!!the bible also says he was son of Joseph.and you believe believe he is the son of God.how many fathers can one man have?

Moses and Aeron were brothers. Mary,sister of Aeron and Mary,sister of Moses makes no difference. She is both their sister.
but you dont have to lie the Quran say she is said to be "sister of Moses".now tell us why the Quran describes her as "sister of Aron" and not "sister of Moses"?

But,was Mary the sister of Aeron? grin grin
BLUNDER!!! shocked

if you call that blindly "blunder",then should i be as stu.pid as you and claim that the new testament is wrong and Mary was actually the literal sister of Moses and Aron (as)?
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Knight1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
and lagosshia conveniently ignores the topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by LagosShia: 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^

how was the new year? wishing a less ignorant year ahead! grin
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
cheesy cheesy

LagosShia:

^^^^^^^^^^^

how was the new year? wishing a less ignorant year ahead! grin
Re: The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"! by Judek2(m): 7:05am On Jan 05, 2012
[size=30pt]MODIFIED[/size] grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ignominious Christ Embassy Church, Shameless Oyakhilome / C.C.T: God Is Not Wicked! / Who Follows Jesus Mode Of Worship, Moslem Or Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.