Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,326 members, 7,957,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa (5034 Views)

Day-old Baby Found Inside Uncompleted Building In Ondo (pictured) / Married Women Fall From 3 Storey Building While Fighting In Anambra (Photo) / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by mukina2: 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2011
Widow jumps from storey building engulfed by fire

A widow, yesterday, escaped death by the whiskers after she jumped from a storey building to escape from a raging fire that gutted the house.

The building, located on 2b Unity Road, Ilamose Estate, Oke-Afa, went up in flames at about 1pm, destroying property, which monetary value could not be immediately ascertained.

There were different versions of how the inferno, which brought the Boxing Day activities to an abrupt halt in the area, started.  A version said it was caused by some children, who  carelessly left a lit candle in one of the apartments, while another version had it that it was caused by  power surge.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/widow-jumps-from-storey-building-engulfed-by-fire/
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by maryslesso: 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2011
Congratulations to the widow. She no wan join her husband yet.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by Yinkay: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2011
Oke Afa again, the last time after the bomb blast in Ikeja Cantonment,people were jumping into the canal,thank God the woman jumped to safety this time.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by jaytime(m): 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2011
That's a demonstration of the strength of a woman. She will live long.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by Ivynwa(f): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2011
Glad that she survived the jump. Glory be to God. Some days ago some people jumped from a burning building and jumped into their death, the pregnant woman among them also lost her baby, still hospitalized.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by mariong(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2011
God! Hop she's fine. Same happend 2 a female teacher back in my sec.school, she lived in d last floor of a three story buildin in d staff qtrs. It happend  arnd 5:am on a fateful sunday while we were goin 4 early mornin mass. Long story short, she had 2 jump frm the balcony cuz there was no way for her 2 use the staircase and the fire was comin towards her. If not that i was there ehh, i wouldnt hav believd she did it cuz of d height. D amazin thing was that she wasnt that hurt bt she limpd a little but for the man that she fell on who was tryin 2 catch her, i could nt imagine the pain he must hav felt.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by itiswell1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
Congratulations. E no easy e.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by LEXYLOV: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
Thanks to God that she made it. No one wish to die except BH suicide bombers. shocked
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by Prince344(m): 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2011
there is another one that happend at onu-asata obiagu in Enugu on chirstmas eve, na God save that lady, cos. When we are coming back from church' me and my friend saw three kids looking at a house near the bus-stop,
and we looked to no what they are upto, and saw a house burning and one woman is at the window screeming for help, we called fire service and the woman was saved with small burn.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by Ndkings1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2011
This is 1 of d disadvantagis of livin in a story building.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by juman(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
Thank God for her.
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2011
Reminds me of wonder woman. grin
Re: Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa by Zenakoboko(m): 8:59am On Dec 28, 2011
No one is asking, how high was this jump? What degree of injury could she have sustained from this jump?
I hope she is fine and stays hale and hearty, for her sake and maybe her children's.

(1) (Reply)

I Caught My Uncle’s Wife Having Sex With Gateman In Her Husband’s Bedroom / World’s Saddest Wedding:17year Old Russian Girl Forced To Marry Police Chief, 47 / My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.