Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

I Am Just Curious Ooo? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am Just Curious Ooo? (2760 Views)

Curious About Waist Beads Or Chain Wore By Some Women / What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! / A Curious Uruguayan Tradition: The Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2011
undecided undecided undecided

well form watching the heart of a widow

when mercy jonhson husband dead in the movie

they shaved her head undecided undecided undecided undecided y shave someone hair just because they husband is death,

well it's not the first time i have seen this
but i always wonder y one must do it, i don't really see the point of it tho.

undecided undecided undecided hopefully i did say anything wrong here oooo i am just curious
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by eleshin(m): 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2011
I tink its a tradition of some igbo peeps.anytin tradition has little or no explanation to it,ita a product of d belief in dat culture so dnt expect a reasonable answer.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
okeay undecided undecided
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by bingbagbo(m): 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2011
op, how is this a romance topic? angry

wouf!!! angry
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by freecocoa(f): 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2011
Oh hotie dear,dem go cuss you today tire grin grin

Any ways like someone already said,its a custom in some places(not only igbo) to show respect for the dead.its fast phasing away though.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
bin gbagbo:

op, how is this a romance topic? angry

wouf!!! angry

grin grin grin

sorry oo i am so use to opening threads in romance section

so i just pop there.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2011
freecocoa:

Oh hotie dear,dem go cuss you today tire grin grin

Any ways like someone already said,its a custom in some places(not only igbo) to show respect for the dead.its fast phasing away though.

grin grin grin grin grin grin lol
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 5:47am On Dec 28, 2011
Thank God my culture do not support such.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 6:34am On Dec 28, 2011
rokiatu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i think rokki loves her hair more than her man

she will never shave it

o lord that would be funny
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by odumchi: 6:49am On Dec 28, 2011
It's a waning practice and is mainly practiced by non-Christians. In the olden days women had to shave their heads when widowed to express their sadness. In addition to that, they also had to take a special bath in their local river in order to ensure the safe passage of their husbands into the spirit world but that's another story. . .

People don't practice any of these anymore and the few that do are non Christians.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 28, 2011
Hotie Tima:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i think rokki loves her hair more than her man

she will never shave it

o lord that would be funny
I am not even laughing angry angry angry you know my hair means the world to me. Without my hair I would rather die. grin grin
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Abagworo(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2011
Ill treatment of widows is almost as old as mankind and I am yet to establish the exact reasons for the practise. It is even in the Bible and seems encouraged by the the Mosaic religions of Islam,Judaism and Christianity.

But I have to correct one mistake by the poster. It is not only women that shave at the death of a family member but the entire household. The aim of it all is to show their grief by depriving themselves of their desired looks. For example a man who normally goes on skin cut will leave his hair and beards unshaved for a whole year of mourning. In addition, they are required to go on all black clothing for a whole year.

In Igboland, Westernization has killed this good tradition as people no longer mourn or sometimes mourn for only 3 months. Widows and widowers now start fornication barely a month after the demise of their spouse.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2011
rokiatu:

I am not even laughing angry angry angry you know my hair means the world to me. Without my hair I would rather die. grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

loser much
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by lailaiwala: 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2011
rokiatu:

rokiatu:

uglietima and rockforface.
what is your culture exactly?  worshiping indians and white people, trying desperately to look like them with your cheap clothes and hooker shoes?  you are liberians, right? do you even know your tribes or any of your traditions? you two birdbrains come to a nigerian site to open silly asinine threads. re-read what i told you and let it sink in. no one cares what a couple of ignorant sluts think about us or any other african people. go get an education or go sell your ashewo business somewhere else.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-817513.0.html

anytime i catch you insulting insulting nigerians or mocking our culture, i will descend on you like a tornado, id.i.ots. you've been warned. uglietima can come at me with that ak47 she promised. grin

Abagworo:

Ill treatment of widows is almost as old as mankind and I am yet to establish the exact reasons for the practise. It is even in the Bible and seems encouraged by the the Mosaic religions of Islam,Judaism and Christianity.

But I have to correct one mistake by the poster. It is not only women that shave at the death of a family member but the entire household. The aim of it all is to show their grief by depriving themselves of their desired looks. For example a man who normally goes on skin cut will leave his hair and beards unshaved for a whole year of mourning. In addition, they are required to go on all black clothing for a whole year.

In Igboland, Westernization has killed this good tradition as people no longer mourn or sometimes mourn for only 3 months. Widows and widowers now start fornication barely a month after the demise of their spouse.

please don't waste your time with these fools.  everyone knows them for their foolish ways.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 5:15am On Dec 29, 2011
lailaiwala:

uglietima and rockforface.
what is your culture exactly?  worshiping indians and white people, trying desperately to look like them with your cheap clothes and hooker shoes?  you are liberians, right? do you even know your tribes or any of your traditions? you two birdbrains come to a nigerian site to open silly asinine threads. re-read what i told you and let it sink in. no one cares what a couple of ignorant sluts think about us or any other african people. go get an education or go sell your ashewo business somewhere else.

anytime i catch you insulting insulting nigerians or mocking our culture, i will descend on you like a tornado, id.i.ots. you've been warned. uglietima can come at me with that ak47 she promised. grin

please don't waste your time with these fools.  everyone knows them for their foolish ways.

Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 29, 2011
Buhahahahhaah you are a big comic relief. What will nairaland be without lame, id!!ots like you? grin  grin No I don't know my tradition or where am from even. I was just drop from the air above. And an advice, freaking stop repeating the same lines, if you think is insultive, it ain't, nor mean. Update your game. I don't have time for stoopid faceless internet fools like you. But today I just wanna give you this lil advice. Why would I even take what a Nigerian person says about me to the heart? Like seriously, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! grin grin NOW TAKE IT, AND COME BACK BETTER, AND MEANER. DUMDHEAD! grin cheesy grin wink grin SO I CAN LAUGH MORE.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by tpia5: 5:21am On Dec 29, 2011
seriously though, why would someone never talk about their ethnic background but instead put up millions of posts worshipping indians and whites?

is that how they do things where they come from?

just curious, no need to catch feelings.

did you substitute one for the other?
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 5:25am On Dec 29, 2011
rokiatu:

Buhahahahhaah you are a big comic relief. What will nairaland be without lame, id!!ots like you? grin  grin No I don't know my tradition or where am from even. I was just drop from the air above. And an advice, freaking stop repeating the same lines, if you think is insultive, it ain't, nor mean. Update your game. I don't have time for stoopid faceless internet fools like you. But today I just wanna give you this lil advice. Why would I even take what a Nigerian person says about me to the heart? Like seriously, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! grin grin NOW TAKE IT, AND COME BACK BETTER, AND MEANER. DUMDHEAD! grin cheesy grin wink grin SO I CAN LAUGH MORE.

cry cry cry cry cry SMD now i am crying for u
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 5:26am On Dec 29, 2011
tpia@:

seriously though, why would someone never talk about their ethnic background but instead put up millions of posts worshipping indians and whites?

every time u step in my thread it's like

this baby seen ur face

Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 29, 2011
tpia@:
seriously though, why would someone never talk about their ethnic background but instead put up millions of posts worshipping indians and whites? is that how they do things where they come from? just curious, no need to catch feelings. did you substitute one for the other?

Unlike you Nigerians, we don't go about praising ourselves nor do we catch feelings when anyone says bad about us (AT LEAST NOT NIGERIANS. grin grin)

We know who we are, we know where we are from we have a sense of self identity, no need to be loudmouth about it. And why would I even wanna tell a Nigerian abt my culture for? What the fork am I gonna get for that?

I rather post billions of bollywood pictures and piss them off. grin grin  Yea we worship Indians, eat them, drink them, and live them.If it pines anyone, you can jump off the next cliff.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 5:32am On Dec 29, 2011
rokiatu:

Unlike you Nigerians, we don't go about praising ourselves nor do we catch feelings when anyone says bad about us (AT LEAST NOT NIGERIANS. grin grin) We know who we are, we know where we are from we have a sense of selfidentity, no need to be loudmouth aboutit. Andwhy would I even wanna tell a Nigerian abt my culture for?What the fork amI gonna get for that?I rather post billions of bollywood pictures and piss them off. Yea we worshipIndians, eat them, drink them, and live them.Ifit pines anyone, you can jump off the next cliff.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 29, 2011
Hotie Tima:
every time u step in my thread it's like this baby seen your face
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 5:35am On Dec 29, 2011
tpia@:

u should now pack your self while u can
and get the Zap out of here niggah

u are now even sadder than before

i am not going to force to like someone when i don't
i don't like ur people so wat, ain't stop me from breathing nor living my life
so get over ur fat self and hit gym undecided undecided undecided while u can still walk oo
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 29, 2011
lailaiwala:

WTF!!!! Do you want a lifetime achievement award for this your lame insult? grin  grin  grin  grin I don't blame you, because other foolish pathetic jealous Nigerians were quoting you up and down so now you think you have probably achieved something your country haven't achieved in a whole lifetime. grin  grin  grin

If you need a gold medal, here is it below. Now you have something to smile and jump about. Now try to work even more harder, you just may win an Oscar. grin cheesy grin

Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 5:50am On Dec 29, 2011
grin grin

that medal look pretty

if only his face look that good

than i might let go of his bullsh!ts undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 29, 2011
Hotie Tima:

grin grin

that medal look pretty

than i might let go of his bullsh!ts undecided undecided undecided
"If only" cheesy grin grin Very rare in Nigeria.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 5:54am On Dec 29, 2011
rokiatu:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

wat do u mean rare

is even eclipse moon

that u will find someone good looking
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 29, 2011
Hotie Tima:

wat do u mean rare

is even eclipse moon

Snap!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by lailaiwala: 7:30am On Dec 29, 2011
rokiatu:

rokiatu:

Unlike you Nigerians, we don't go about praising ourselves nor do we catch feelings when anyone says bad about us (AT LEAST NOT NIGERIANS. grin grin)

We know who we are, we know where we are from we have a sense of self identity, no need to be loudmouth about it. And why would I even wanna tell a Nigerian abt my culture for? What the fork am I gonna get for that?

I rather post billions of bollywood pictures and piss them off. grin grin  Yea we worship Indians, eat them, drink them, and live them.If it pines anyone, you can jump off the next cliff.

Hotie Tima:

u should now pack your self while u can
and get the Zap out of here niggah

u are now even sadder than before

i am not going to force to like someone when i don't
i don't like your people so wat, ain't stop me from breathing nor living my life
so get over your fat self and hit gym  undecided undecided undecided while u can still walk oo

rokiatu:

WTF!!!! Do you want a lifetime achievement award for this your lame insult? grin  grin  grin  grin I don't blame you, because other foolish pathetic jealous Nigerians were quoting you up and down so now you think you have probably achieved something your country haven't achieved in a whole lifetime. grin  grin  grin

If you need a gold medal, here is it below. Now you have something to smile and jump about. Now try to work even more harder, you just may win an Oscar. grin cheesy grin

Hotie Tima:

grin grin

that medal look pretty

than i might let go of his bullsh!ts 
undecided undecided undecided

rokiatu:

Hotie Tima:

wat do u mean rare

is even eclipse moon

hehehehehehe.  ugly uneducated strumpets.  grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 29, 2011
You are freaking boring. Is that all you have to say? cry tongue undecided

Stoopid fool. I wonder how you will be in reality even. grin   grin   grin  grin  grin

You may as well highlight whatever mistakes in this one too. grin grin

Get set, go!!!

Any foolish, ugly loser can sit behind their computer screen and insult, so Mr, this is not new.

[size=20pt]Anonymity breeds insanity, stupidity, idiocy, jealousy, ignorance, and hatred, so no suprise at all.[/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by HotieTima(f): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
ooooo Mr lalalalalala

wat ever your forcken name is

man come up with new things this place is boring for me man  undecided undecided undecided undecided

i am sick of the same line, give me a reason to come here and see your silly post in my threads

which u seem to be enjoying more than me self.  undecided  grin grin

angry angry angry now hit me with your best shoot , this ur childish insults bounce of me

like water dropping off the leaves coz ain't going to go through it now is it

and that's just how my skin is like. sh!t bounce of me to get my attention u better come up with better line than this ooo undecided undecided undecided

and i am bored right now i got time to waste coz that's all u are tome a waste of time.
Re: I Am Just Curious Ooo? by lailaiwala: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2011
grin grin grin grin  someone is angry because she had to look up the word "strumpet."  very angry! grin grin grin grin grin grin

rokiatu:

You are freaking boring. Is that all you have to say? cry tongue undecided

Stoopid fool. I wonder how you will be in reality even. grin   grin   grin  grin  grin

You may as well highlight whatever mistakes in this one too. grin  grin

Get set, go!!!

Any foolish, ugly loser can sit behind their computer screen and insult, so Mr, this is not new.

Anonymity breeds insanity, stupidity, idiocy, jealousy,  ignorance, and hatred, so no suprise at all.[/font] grin  grin  grin  grin

Hotie Tima:

ooooo Mr lalalalalala

wat ever your forcken name is

man come up with new things this place is boring for me man  undecided undecided undecided undecided

i am sick of the same line, give me a reason to come here and see your silly post in my threads

which u seem to be enjoying more than me self.  undecided  grin grin

angry angry angry now hit me with your best shoot , this your childish insults bounce of me

like water dropping off the leaves coz ain't going to go through it now is it

and that's just how my skin is like. droppings bounce of me to get my attention u better come up with better line than this ooo  undecided undecided undecided

and i am bored right now i got time to waste coz that's all u are tome a waste of time.

uglietima is still writing worse than a primary 3 student, i.e. 8 to 10 year old children.

rockforface writes a little better, but she is a lot angrier. that fakeness is gone. the real nasty girl is coming out. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which African Country Do You Think Has The Most Audible Accent To A Foreigner / Opinion: Why The Alaga Iduro/ijoko Should Be Scrapped In Modern Yoruba Culture / Ogun Fun Yahoo's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.