Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nigeria, Will It Ever Catch Up With The Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Will It Ever Catch Up With The Uk (687 Views)

Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures / We’ll Catch Shekau Before Elections — Jonathan / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Will It Ever Catch Up With The Uk by ebam(m): 1:41am On Dec 28, 2011
Hi

I am a NBB ( Nigerian Born Britain). It seems that Nigeria has a LOT of catching up in terms of quality of life. When do you predict Nigeria will catch up with the Western Standards of Living?
Re: Nigeria, Will It Ever Catch Up With The Uk by debosky(m): 1:43am On Dec 28, 2011
There is an acronym for Nigerians born in Britain? cheesy

I guess you learn something new everyday. I don't think Nigerian average living standards will catch up in the next 50 years. You may have pockets catching up, but the majority will still be relatively poor for the foreseeable future.
Re: Nigeria, Will It Ever Catch Up With The Uk by ebam(m): 2:17am On Dec 28, 2011
Yeah I noticed there was BBC ( British Born chinese) so i would invent the NBB!
Re: Nigeria, Will It Ever Catch Up With The Uk by igbo2011(m): 2:40am On Dec 28, 2011
Western standard of living is going to go down very soon They need this in order to survive in this global economy. But if everyone lived like Americans then we would need 7 planets just like Earth for the resources.
Re: Nigeria, Will It Ever Catch Up With The Uk by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 28, 2011
ebam:

Hi

I am a NBB ( Nigerian Born Britain).

Shouldn't it be "Nigerian-Born British"?! undecided
Re: Nigeria, Will It Ever Catch Up With The Uk by mensdept: 4:36am On Dec 28, 2011
igbo2011:

Western standard of living is going to go down very soon They need this in order to survive in this global economy. But if everyone lived like Americans then we would need 7 planets just like Earth for the resources.

Even if Western standard of living reduces by half, its still decades ahead of the best parts of "Nigeria".

No, Nigeria hasnt even caught up to Morocco or UAE, so how can you expect us to catch up to Queen ELISA? Even with all our borrowed culture (i.e Port HARCOURT, VICTORIA Island, white wigs for Judges, big hats for women to wear in church, British Airways instead of Naija Airways, premiership based soccer players {even though we cant qualify for ordinary ACN), we are still those of the Niger-Area.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy: Pat Utomi On Channels Tv Right Now: / Nigerians Dig Up Igp Mohammed D. Abubakar's Ugly Past / Anambra Joins League Of Oil Producing States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.