Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Where Is The Defence Minister? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Defence Minister? (4772 Views)

Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / President Buhari's Convoy Leaving The Defence House Yesterday. Photos / Buhari Welcomes President Of Chad, Idris Deby At The Defence House Abuja. Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Defence Minister? by talktrue1(m): 9:11am On Dec 28, 2011
Upon all the bomb blasts in this country, the Defence Minister Dr. Bello H. Mohammed (former Ag. chairman PDP that brought fresh into power) has not uttered a word.

I thought he should be the one championing the fight against boko haram just like petroleum minister on fuel subsidy, education minister on ASUU strike and labour minister during the minimum wage.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2011
Mehn this is so true, almost forgot about his existence. What a shame!
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Rhino5dm: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2011
Thesame Haliru Mohammed that was indicted in siemens bribery scam, before the thieving Jonadunce appointed him as Minister of Defence? Wow! You guys voted for fraud and continuity of thieving. Enjoy your fresh air bombs with all pleasure.

Wake me up when the pigs fly, since you are expecting miracles.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Demdem(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2011
grin
Defence minister indeed. And the retardeen will list one of his achievements as putting the right peeps for each job. Such a loser.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Parisgoodman(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2011
Iits now clear that some Ministries are irrelevant. Besides the name ''mohamed'' is a northern name, so what do you expect him to say? He is BH himself!
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by 1025: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2011
@original poster,
you are part of nigeria's problems.
how can you be talking about defence minister in a defenceless country.
what we should be talking about here is the defenceless minister.
others will be discussing security instead of insecurity.
we don't have security. what we have is called insecurity.

Thesame Haliru Mohammed that was indicted in siemens bribery scam, before the thieving Jonadunce appointed him as Minister of Defence? Wow! You guys voted for fraud and continuity of thieving. Enjoy your fresh air bombs with all pleasure.

@Rhino,
is jonathan's wife not having a money laundry case with efcc yet you ppl vote them? do not be decieved, pdp does not have sound minds to appoint hence they resorted to criminals.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2011
What does he defend ?
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Rhino5dm: 11:56am On Dec 28, 2011
1025:

@Rhino,
is jonathan's wife not having a money laundry case with efcc yet you ppl vote them? do not be decieved, pdp does not have sound minds to appoint hence they resorted to criminals.

My brother that thing tire me o. That woman was caught pants down, red handed with 108 million wooping dollars! She made Turai to look like a small baby.

That money belongs to the average Bayelsan, what is more painful is, when you visit Bayelsa and see how they are living in slumps.

108 million dollars would have gone far in putting a decent hospital of internatinal standard in that state. But, Nigerians went for LUCK even admist of the damage PDP has meted on them for the past 12 years.

Finally, Nigerians are reaping their sour grapes which was planted and watered with bloods of innocent citizens. It is no more a source of cerncern to hear a bomb going off.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by DisGuy: 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
The guy is somewhere with a calculator!

900BILLION NAIRA NO BE BEANS O
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by 1025: 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
do u know the biblical story of Jonah? the one God sent on an errand but he decided to run away via a boat. at the middle of the sea, the boat refused to move.
the boat remained there until jonah was thrown out of the boat.
nigeria as a boat has a jona but not as a passenger but as the captain of this boat. we are doomed as long as jona remains in our boat. we need to throw jona out to move forward.
during his campaign, i was forced to ask, what did jona do for bayelsans as a gov that qualified him as the vice and the president respectively?
when ben bruce was campaigning for bayelsa pdp primaries, he showed nigerians and the rest of the world the state jona ruled before becoming the president.
alams was impeached/sacked for looting in bayelsa but when jona refused to loot, no one cld say where the funds went out side his wife.
i know many men that do not steal but their wives have such magic fingers that can move mountains.
what a man can do(stealing) dame can do it even better.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2011
He is somewhere in aso rock sucking Gej's cork
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Rhino5dm: 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2011
If he cant tranform a small state like Bayelsa with a populations of less than 800 thousands, even with more 20 billion naira monthly allocation from FG and pockets of internally generated revenues, then what do you thinkshall be the fate of Nigerians? Small state like Gombe are in million light years ahead of Beyelsa. Danjuma Goje was able to transform Gombe with a monthly allocation of less a billion Naira.!!!

GEJ has institutionalized corruption and tranfer the baton to Timipreye Silva while his wife is a power co-pilot in the drive. I pity Nigerians in the hands of this decietful, thieving, clueless president.

1025:

do u know the biblical story of Jonah? the one God sent on an errand but he decided to run away via a boat. at the middle of the sea, the boat refused to move.
the boat remained there until jonah was thrown out of the boat.
nigeria as a boat has a jona but not as a passenger but as the captain of this boat. we are doomed as long as jona remains in our boat. we need to throw jona out to move forward.
during his campaign, i was forced to ask, what did jona do for bayelsans as a gov that qualified him as the vice and the president respectively?
when ben bruce was campaigning for bayelsa pdp primaries, he showed nigerians and the rest of the world the state jona ruled before becoming the president.
alams was impeached/sacked for looting in bayelsa but when jona refused to loot, no one cld say where the funds went out side his wife.
i know many men that do not steal but their wives have such magic fingers that can move mountains.
what a man can do(stealing) dame can do it even better.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
He dey Abuja dey jolly. Most of our leaders are callous and inhumane so far the blast does not involve their family that is they are treating the issue of security to lives with kid gloves. What they know is to share contract which they never execute optimally.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Afam4eva(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2011
Let him defend his stomach first. What does he know about defence?
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by otokx(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2011
It is even better that he did not say anything lest he says the wrong things and get people even more angry like the NSA.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Kay1kay1(m): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2011
Dr. Bello H. Mohammed (former Ag. chairman PDP that brought fresh into power)

Is he a former military man, a medical doctor or another former academic? Apparently, he was appointed on being an active party member.
How is he expected to act? How?. . .
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by y2kaustin(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2011
i saw him in Apapa amusement part buying suya,riding circle horse and engaging in swing rides,
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2011
talk true:

Upon all the bomb blasts in this country, the Defence Minister Dr. Bello H. Mohammed (former Ag. chairman PDP that brought fresh into power) has not uttered a word.

I thought he should be the one championing the fight against boko haram just like petroleum minister on fuel subsidy, education minister on ASUU strike and labour minister during the minimum wage.

Whoever posted this, and all those responding in support have no clue what the function of Ministry of Defense is or what the Nigerian Constitution says on this.  Did you all not take Government class in high school/secondary school? Didn't they teach you the functions of the various ministries of government?  What is Dr. Bello Mohammed business with Internal Security Matters. His function is primarily national defense against foreign threats/attacks.  You ought to be talking to the Minister of Interior or Internal Affairs Comrade Abba Moro. Primary function: Internal Security(threats and attacks) and Policing.  From my understanding, he had since relocated to the Villa since the bombings.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by sniperwolf(m): 10:47am On Dec 29, 2011
Nice thread everyone almost forgot about the existence of this numskull. I still blame Goodluck though for putting such people in a powerful position and they can't do shhiit with it
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by sniperwolf(m): 10:53am On Dec 29, 2011
@Danka77: I didn't take classes in Goverment, but he is in this directly or indirectly. My dad used to that when I finger is stained with oil, the remaining 4 fingers suffer from this indirectly. You can't pay so much on external threats, when the internal ones can't be contained
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by DisGuy: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2011
Danka7777:

Whoever posted this, and all those responding in support have no clue what the function of Ministry of Defense is or what the Nigerian Constitution says on this. Did you all not take Government class in high school/secondary school? Didn't they teach you the functions of the various ministries of government? What is Dr. Bello Mohammed business with Internal Security Matters. His function is primarily national defense against foreign threats/attacks. You ought to be talking to the Minister of Interior or Internal Affairs Comrade Abba Moro. Primary function: Internal Security(threats and attacks) and Policing. From my understanding, he had since relocated to the Villa since the bombings.

Because thats where the fighting is abi, thank god i didnt attend government class in high school!!
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by doctokwus: 11:04am On Dec 29, 2011
Danka7777:

Whoever posted this, and all those responding in support have no clue what the function of Ministry of Defense is or what the Nigerian Constitution says on this.  Did you all not take Government class in high school/secondary school? Didn't they teach you the functions of the various ministries of government?  What is Dr. Bello Mohammed business with Internal Security Matters. His function is primarily national defense against foreign threats/attacks.  You ought to be talking to the Minister of Interior or Internal Affairs Comrade Abba Moro. Primary function: Internal Security(threats and attacks) and Policing.  From my understanding, he had since relocated to the Villa since the bombings.
U must b d most intelligent human on earth!U don't know that d ministry of defence oversees d military,which has been @d forefront of d confrontation against d BH;besides it has bn shown that there is an international angle to this BH menace.When next u want to insult people based on their 'limited' knowledge,u better check ur own IQ level first!
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Rhino5dm: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2011
^
Is like you hacked into my brain. I did notice your post before posting.

Thanks for the very intelligent post.

@Danka 7777
Ain't we in war, yet? So, who is deploying those soldiers on the street? For your info, among those Boko Haram animals, there are terrorist from neighbouring countries and i wonder what that translate to you.

Damn! You logic is very lame.

Danka7777:

Whoever posted this, and all those responding in support have no clue what the function of Ministry of Defense is or what the Nigerian Constitution says on this. Did you all not take Government class in high school/secondary school? Didn't they teach you the functions of the various ministries of government? What is Dr. Bello Mohammed business with Internal Security Matters. His function is primarily national defense against foreign threats/attacks. You ought to be talking to the Minister of Interior or Internal Affairs Comrade Abba Moro. Primary function: Internal Security(threats and attacks) and Policing. From my understanding, he had since relocated to the Villa since the bombings.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Akwasi(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2011
Like a sinking ship, everyone is jumping out like a rat.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by y2kaustin(m): 11:31am On Dec 29, 2011
sinking ship indeed,you yourself,have you jumped out like a rat you claim to be? angry angry
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by Kay1kay1(m): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2011

Interesting. . . just the same way many Nigerians don't know don't have their constitutional rights. In your words, the army has no good reason maintaining law and order in the country ( if the army, for example, sees a bomb threat it should look the other way). Thankfully, the military is not trained like that.

The next thing we'd be hearing is that the Ministry of Interior itself has relocated to the Villa. cheesy
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by kalakutta: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
He is in dubai chilling with his kids. I ran into him in the Address Hotel a couple of days back.
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by DisGuy: 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2011
y2kaustin:

i saw him in Apapa amusement part buying suya,riding circle horse and engaging in swing rides,

you mean he is a Player?!?!?! You cant be serious!! grin

Kay1kay1:

Interesting. . . just the same way many Nigerians don't know don't have their constitutional rights. In your words, the army has no good reason maintaining law and order in the country ( if the army, for example, sees a bomb threat it should look the other way). Thankfully, the military is not trained like that.

The next thing we'd be hearing is that the[b] Ministry of Interior itself has relocated to the Villa[/b]. cheesy

You know they are also into interior designs wink
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by assetstrap(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
But seriously guys the ministers of both the Interior and Defence have hardly uttered a word or been seen!!! Is the Police not supposed to be under the ministry of the Interior and likewise the Army under the Defence ministry? I tire o!!
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by syyoung: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2011
He's short of words. He never knew Nigeria will turn out dis way he would request for some thing else not DM
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by LEXYLOV: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
I guess he is Hidden too or take emergency vacation until Nigerian know how to live with the BH bombing spree undecided
Re: Where Is The Defence Minister? by nagoma(m): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2011
@assetstrap;

The minister of interior spoke once thru out the ongoing crises , he said "900billion naira is too too small an amount to curtail the current security situation."
As for Bello mohammed ; a former student leader, former veterinary surgeon who became the nation's customs boss ( yes CG oc Customs) and a PDP dedicated politician has no idea of defense and security but he surely knows something about unlimited wealth & ripping Nigeria off. A qualified vet surgeon , but I will never allow him to prescribe for my dog.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Heavy Gunshots, Riot In Kogi… Roads Blocked (live Update) / FG Phasing Out Of Mud Houses Will Affect The Economy Of Ibadan & SW Warn Traders / Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.