Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? (14784 Views)

Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? / My First Experience After Smoking Marijuana (the Aftermath) - A Short Story / Smoking Marijuana Reduces IQ Of Teenagers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Starbaby1: 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2011
I don't understand you people, dis guy just asked for help to stop smoking and some of you are here insulting and discrediting others suggestions, wats d use? Iwhy turn it into a debate on who's right or wrong? who cares if weed has addictive substance or not? the primary thing is dat the guy is clearly addicted as he is asking for help to stop, help him or shut up! stop making irrelevant arguments.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by BabaEleko(m): 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Poster, . . . . I hope you are not quitting marijuana to go hook up with cigarette Abeg no near cigar oo man yi or else that one go be from Obasanjo to Goodluck's "Fresh Air"
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by bigtt76(f): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2011
Hmmm , visit NDLEA report your sef , after one week there you will definitely stop!
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by HISchild: 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2011
@op,

I used to, until The Lord JESUS CHRIST took it from me in HIS mercy, no joke.  Thus, i humbly encourage you to pray and read the word of GOD, bearing in mind that our bodies belong to GOD.

"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." - Matt 26:41  

So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of GOD.” - Rom 10:17
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Akwasi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2011
PDPwayoo:

Stop if its not good for you,
Im 32 and i have been smoking MJ since 17 yrs. till date.  Its good for me and i have not seen any good reason to stop it.
Read about MJ u will know it has more advantage than disadvantage.  

Though i control myself anytime i visit a country that has strict law on MJ or when im not able to locate the vendor. However, a day without MJ is always boring and make loss weight.

MY BRODA, DO WATIN your MIND TELL U, DONT STOP because U WANT TO PLEASE PEOPLE. IF U NOR NEED AM, STOP NOW.
89% OF DOCTORS OR HEALTH WEALTH WORKERS SMOKES MJ. IF ITS DANGEROUS, NA DEM GO FIRST KNOW.

This is the worse comment I have ever read on NL. I will advise that you leave your kids for your wife to raise. They will be more wiser that way lipsrsealed
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by swaggerboi2011: 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2011
you can stop it whenever you want to stop, i was once an addict, but note you have to stop smoking cigaretes too, even if you have friends smoking it, make up your mind and stop, and learn the habbit of criticizing your friends that do, you will feel ashame to go back that way, never get tempted, you can still do stuffs you do like when you take it, for example, i usually take it before when i have degree exams, cox it makes me read and read with very clear understanding, and seriousness, but i leant to do without it when i stopped. so just make up your mind,
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by swaggerboi2011: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2011
i pray that helps , i was once too much addited to smoking to the extent of lighting up a cigratte whenever anything enters my mouth, but today am free from it.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by swaggerboi2011: 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2011
make sure you dont quit mari and start or continue with cigarettes, because marijuanna is far far better than cigarrates, ask me how and i will tell you the consequencies surrounding it
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by SmallBMighty: 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
I am smoke marijuna too. Is veri beutifuul. But i av small penniss i want big one.Help
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by chibest5(m): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
R u sure u really wanna stop it cos the reality of Naija is harsh . . . .no one wants to face it with clear eye oh . . . . . .  Lol
shocked BAD PEOPLE FULL NAIJA SEE ADVICE
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
Dude, once a smoker always a smoker. Unless you were never a smoker in the first place. (i'm not talking cigarettes, dat shit is just wrong)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by LoveKing(m): 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2011
aba seun pls show some restraint when it comes to making someones personal life too public. I didnt ask for it to be at the homepage. I came to health coz i thought i would be talking to doctors and caring people. Now whats all these rubbish above me! angry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by mail4gift2(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2011
guy, you can stop if you want to but one thing is sure, we will not miss you grin grin grin

puff puff pass

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by rosoty(f): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2011
The comments made by some people on this topic is an indication of the level of ignorance about psychoactive substances (both the legal and illegal ones).

While one initially makes a choice to use/abuse these substances, once it becomes addictive, its use is usually impulsive and it can only take the grace of God for such a person to stop. There are a lot of reasons why someone could decide to use these substances. Some reasons are apparently valid while others are just completely unreasonable. However, it is inappropriate for anyone to be judgemental because you do not know the circumstances that led to abuse of the substance in the first instance. Another thing I want to point out is that why one person gets easily addicted to  and/or physically dependent on a substance and another person doesn't is determined by an individual's overall body make up.  Finally, I want to state that marijuana is highly addictive and has dire consequences if not stopped. For more information on marijuana, go to this link http://www.nida.nih.gov/PDF/InfoFacts/Marijuana.pdf

@LoveKing: I encourage you to go for rehabilitation. Go through the list of rehabilitation centres I posted earlier and choose a centre that suits you best. To add to what HISchild posted, research studies have shown that when spirituality (that is one's relationship with his maker)  is integrated into the rehabilitation process, the success rates are usually higher.  Note that it is spirituality, not religion or denomination. I wish you all the best in your effort to become drug free.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2011
http://open.salon.com/blog/danshapiro/2010/03/09/a_letter_to_my_daughters_about_weed

Pot. Herb. Ghanja. Dope. Mary Jane. Rope. Stink Weed. Ditch Weed. Sugar Weed. Wacky Weed. Sweet Lucy. Spliff. Cannabis. Marijiana. Weed.

Let’s talk about weed. A real talk, not one of those weed-is-evil-and-no-one you-know-has-ever-used and if you do it’s only a matter of time before you’re living under a bridge pushing a shopping cart (which, I will point out, would be incredibly difficult for you given the amount of clothing and other detritus you seem to have accumulated.)

I want to write you the truth because you already know the “no one has ever used” speech is crap and if I leave you to figure everything out on your own you’ll just ask your friends -- whose sum of information comes from only slightly less clueless older brothers and sisters or the internet – which is a three car garage stuffed by hoarders. There may be some truth buried in the internet about weed, but you’d have to clean off ferret droppings to find it. Why I, or any other parent, would leave on your own to think this through is beyond me because you lack the resources to get real information. So here goes. Just say no. Just kidding. Ha ha. Little parental humor for you there.

Anyway, a doctor/writer friend of some renown pointed out to me once that it’s completely natural to want to change your mental state. He asked, “why do you think little kids spin around or swing or jump around? They want to play with cognition, it’s completely normal.” He has a point. That he said this to me while he was, himself, at the moment, intoxicated is not relevant.

So it’s not crazy to want to experiment with your cognitive state.

And I know you’re curious – you told me you’ve already seen a few kids get booted from college and your old school for smoking weedand getting caught. So you’re probably thinking, “why would they risk getting kicked out of school unless that weed thing is fun?”

And you already know I wrote a book with “marijuana” in the title, so you’re aware that I’ve inhaled.

So here’s the bottom line.

There are three kinds of marijuana smokers.

Visitors. There are the ones that smoke occasionally and for whom it’s a visit to a strange place. They may spend time giggling, and likely eat too much food, and end up a bit paranoid. Maybe even “wicked” paranoid, as we used to say. They may have fun physical sensations and get disoriented about time – but nothing too far beyond their experience to be frightening, and then, the next day they probably feel wiped out, kind of down and have minor memory issues. They may even say to themselves, “that’s what all the excitement is about?”

Then there’s the Regulars. These tend to be folks for whom weed is an anti-anxiety medication. It soothes their worries, they see the world differently when they smoke, and they maintain function. They smoke all the time – they may even “wake an bake” which means smoking first thing in the morning instead of coffee. With the exception of the smoker’s hack – a cough -- and their crappy memory-- you can’t usually tell who these people are because they are entirely functional. I’ve known hikers and small plane pilots and teachers who smoke regularly and seem to pull it off (though I wish I’d never met the pilot because I wasn’t trustworthy even with a popcorn popper when stoned but that story is for some other time).

But some of them convert to a third type.

Stoners. These are folks whose lives have slowed, and then stopped. For them, smoking weed results in gravity turning up -- it takes enormous effort for them to do anything, so they don’t. Ambition – even once fierce ambition -- evaporates and a creeping sadness replaces it. They sleep too much, hygiene sucks, they can’t remember what they did yesterday even though it’s exactly the same as what their doing today -- and they begin to look like a BEFORE photograph in some twisted makeover reality show.

Oh yeah, Bus-Riders. Okay, right, there’s a fourth type too -- for a small number of people, weed is just a bus stop on the quick road to harder, more immediately dangerous stuff, but you and I aren’t talking about heroin or cocaine or PCP or their latest derivatives because it’s the same as jumping in front of a car, only slightly less efficient. Oh, by the way, if I catch you with that stuff – or prescriptions – I’ll take you to the police myself, and when you get out you will find that I’ve taken everything out of your room including your door and bed – and you’ll slowly earn them back over the next year with meetings and drug tests. Doubt. Me Not.

OOooops, sorry, I got lost there in my own horrid little parental fantasy. Where were we? Oh yeah. Weed.

Unfortunately, before you inhale from your first joint, it’s impossible to know which group you’ll be in. Everyone thinks they’ll be a visitor the first time, but you never know. You’ll notice I haven’t even mentioned getting kicked out of school, driving when stoned, or other legal outcomes – just pay attention in your own world and you’ll notice the consequences yourself.

But of course, no matter what you decide. I’ll be here. If you ever need me, you just call and I’ll come get you, no matter where you are or how high you are.

And I’ll try to remember not to tweak you out by taking advantage of your paranoia when I get there.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by baslone: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
Woke4all:

Dis guy don high grin

He is not high!!!

Dude, you love the world of being high,the feeling it gives you and enjoy the trips! Quit if you really want to!!

Weed is not addictive!!!!!
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Lexusgs430: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
Give me all your disposable income you used to buy the stuff !!! When you have no weed money left, you will stop that dirty teeth browny, smelly mouth and bad after smoke smell stuff.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by sammy6(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
roll it, light it, smoke it, pass it.

Guy dont stop joor, Just control the usage to about once a week. I suceeded in doing that and so could you.

PS: No need to fly to Jamaica
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by cycline404(m): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2011
MY PASTOR USE TO SAY ANYTHING U CANT BLESS WITH THE NAME OF GOD DONT DO IT,

IF HE HAS THE FEAR OF GOD, THEN HE HOLD THE MARIJUANA AND SAY FATHER BLESS THIS MARIJUANA IN JESUS NAME, HE WILL NEVER WANT TO DO THAT,
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2011
People don't get addicted to smoking weed. I don't think that dude knows what's wrong wiv him. Anyway if you wanna stop smoking , just stop.

As for me , I never get addicted to smoking skonk weed because if I don't see it , I go just find something else do.

Goodluck.  tongue

So we just, roll one, smoke one When you live like this you’re supposed to party Roll one, smoke one, and we all just having fun
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by matinos28(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
guy u better stop am if ur head no dey carry am
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by samueloo(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
i used to be a very addictive marijuana smoker, every time i tried to quit smoking it, i always end up a worst smoker,my brother i'm proud to announce to u that since 2003 i've never tasted anything like it, so it means that u can stop it if u want to but the formula that worked for me was giving my life to Jesus Christ and since then the Holyspirit gave me power to say no to all my past addictions such as: dope, ladies,slots,clubbing .alchohol,benson and hedges. all this things are evils traps that the devil uses to tie people down to vain, i encourage you to give Jesus a try today and ur life will never remain thesame again, note: i'm not telling u about what i read but i'm sharing with u what i've been tru. u can get me on :08035663526. if u need more clarification or someone to share with as i'm now a Pastor to the Glory of Gods name.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2011
I dont think mj is really that bad but you can control it and smoke less often,from there you can go ahead and quit completely.
But alot of scholars do puff too.
I know because I used to blow with my former sexy instructor who told me that she will fail me if I do bad in exams; but mj makes one comes alive if its good for you.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by chinnyonwu(m): 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
Use it to cook food, then u can acieve both ends.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by medoski(m): 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
You want to stop taking marijuana, who send you before , your father
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by God2man(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2011
The truth is that you can learn a great lesson from those people that have smoked marijuana before, and you have seen their various contributions.
One thing is clear, you need what we call spiritual purging of your spirit, soul and body. This is only possible, if you can surrender your life to JESUS. Remember what rosoty said above that " Research studies have shown that when spirituality (that is one's relationship with his maker) is integrated into the rehabilitation process, the success rates are usually high". Then find a church where they can pass you through deliverance program, MFM is preferable. This is important because inside your body, there are some demons that need to be expelled from your life, and these demons are very stubborn, they have been there for some time, so it requires somebody with a higher level of spiritual power to drive them out of their hidden places. Demons usually resist such confrontation, that is why you feel like smoking again, but i can assure that if the deliverance program is properly done. You will forget about smoking marijuana, once and for all. Jesus is Lord. God bless you. God2man.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by xpagnol: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2011
Weed is never addictive and can never be because it has no such element. I have many friends that smoke than non smokers and they are still very much responsible with their families. Please mr man, you should'nt be sentimental about it . It was carefully created by Almighty God so in as much as you are'nt mixing it with any other artificial content.

i sougth my doctors advice in 2007 when i had a broken bone and lo and behold he strictly advice me to stay away from cigarrete but i can weed up because it will even hasten the healing. This is a Highly qualified doctor at UNTH enugu.

My guy weed on its own is'nt a bad omen but when u abuse it just the way every other thing is abused then you are doing it wrongly.

Its a plant created by God just like your green,pumpkin, bitterleaf, scent leaf and so on which can also be dried and smoked if you can.

The bible said that we should not call what God has created evil or unedible for what men eat do not pollute them rather what comes out of our mind pollutes.
As a matter of fact am smoking while making this write up. cheers

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by baslone: 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2011
samueloo:

i used to be[b] a very addictive marijuana smoker, every time i tried to quit smoking it, i always end up a worst smoker,m[/b]y brother i'm proud to announce to u that since 2003 i've never tasted anything like it, so it means that u can stop it if u want to but the formula that worked for me was giving my life to Jesus Christ and since then[b] the Holyspirit gave me power to say no to all my past addictions such as: drugs, ladies,slots,clubbing .alchohol,benson and hedges. [/b]all this things are evils traps that the devil uses to tie people down to vain, i encourage you to give Jesus a try today and your life will never remain thesame again, note: i'm not telling u about what i read but i'm sharing with u what i've been tru. u can get me on :08035663526. if u need more clarification or someone to share with as i'm now a Pastor to the Glory of Gods name.

Why do all y'all always have the same testimony!!!!

Heard these a thousand times!
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by lilkech(m): 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2011
90% OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE IN NIGERIA SMOKE MARY-JAY

JOIN THE WINNING TEAM

DONT DULL YOURSELF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2011
lilkech:

90% OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE IN NIGERIA SMOKE MARY-JAY

JOIN THE WINNING TEAM

DONT DULL YOURSELF
lol, nice advert.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2011
very legal where i stay and i would definately say the benefits of it are greater than the side effects
look at it this way
these are the side effects for a drug called avandia used in the treatment of diabetes
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); blurred vision or other vision changes; chest, jaw, or arm pain or discomfort; fainting; lightheadedness; numbness of an arm or leg; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe headache, stomach pain, or vomiting; symptoms of heart failure (eg, shortness of breath; sudden, unexplained weight gain; swelling of the hands, ankles, legs, or feet); symptoms of liver problems (eg, dark urine; yellowing of the skin or eyes; unexplained nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite; stomach pain); symptoms of low blood sugar (eg, anxiety, increased sweating, dizziness or drowsiness, headache, chills, tremors, increased hunger); unusual bone pain (especially in the hand, foot, or upper arm); unusual tiredness or weakness.

while same MJ has been prescribed for diabetes to some ppl i know with no side effects at all
now which would you prefer
if the real side effects of drugs are made known to nigerians,i doubt if any of them would get those drugs when it has been proven medical wise by scientist that MJ is very very good for a wide range of ailments

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by tEsLim(m): 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
MJ is good at its natural. It is possible the poster is not telling us the truth on how he got addicted. Do you take SK (Skunk) ? or Hydro or any artificially planted weed. You need change your source, as you maybe getting wrong supplies. I know people who can legally (medical marijuana) smoke and even plant them in the Usa.

Secondly you need to know your gauge. Getting overly stoned is just plain f*olishness and waste of money. One ciggaret shape wrap a day is good i.e when going to bed. Though this may make you gain weight because you might be eating too much to bed. But its mostly advicable to smoke when you are chillin and wont have to do difficult tasks later. Well this works for me. I helps relax and sleep. Though my I have friends who preffer to smoke before going into actions like house chores / general physical task or sex. Depends on your reason for smoking -- many times its my anti-depressant.

Burn herbs. Be happy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers / Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert / Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.