Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? (14786 Views)

Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? / My First Experience After Smoking Marijuana (the Aftermath) - A Short Story / Smoking Marijuana Reduces IQ Of Teenagers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by freecocoa(f): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
I hope people will stop wondering why we see all sorts of crazy and weird comments on NL,the evidence is very clear,a high percentage of Nlanders are usually high while typing.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by ositadima1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
hi people.

I m about to become an MJ addict my self. I got the wast case of insomnia, tried every thing to avail. only mj seems to work. it easily knocks me off. Is there any other remedy because i have tried all?
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Chubhie: 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2011
I once had a friend who was a chronic mj smoker. My guy system go turn upside down if he didn't smoke. Couldnt eat,poo or engage in any meaniful activity.{downside}
I also have some other friends who performs at their peaks once they weed-I enjoy discussing matters of philosophy and politics at this stage with em.
Some will weed before exams and come out with As.
My advice:Replace your current addiction with another addiction. Whatever rocks your boat man.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by honour6(m): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
Guy, if you want to stop just buy like one bag, smoke it till you pass out, If you can survive it you would never smoke again in your life I tell you, but make sure you have someone around to rush you to the hospital lol.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
This shit jus pisses me off. . . .

When I was a kid, I heard Mary J'could make you mad, made you into a criminal, was more addictive than cocaine and cigarettes combined.

Well, its all lies.

Marijuana is not addictive. It contains no known addictive properties, is not chemically altered (if its pure and not tainted), makes a person very hungry, makes a person happy and finally makes a person sleepy.

I have been smoking both Canabis Sativa (botanical name for weed) and cigarettes since 1999 and i can tell you that I have gone for up to a year without weed (and not because it wasnt avaliable cos I always have a stash) but i have never gone more than 48hours without cigarettes.

Now Mr. O.P, the truth is that if you want to quit Marijuana, just quit. Its not difficult, especially since it has no addictive properties and also its not readily avaliable (like cigarettes). Just stop.
If you said cigerettes, then i would advice actual counselling from renowned psychiatrists and centers for rehab. Forget this whole "Jesus/Holy Spirit" bullshit, i know pastors who smoke cigerettes that the holy Spirit has yet to help. Moreover, smoking is not a sin (atleast the bible has no record of such).

My advice, just stop.

@ Other M.J'club members; Roll it, Light it and pass the dochie pun mi left hand side.

@ Governent; Legalise it,

Educate, Regulate, Medicate,

And if you have never used weed before in your life. Just shut the Bleep up and let pros advice the smallie.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Revolva(m): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
Ol boy you cant stop.oo men keep smokin it, its good for the health, hahhaa keep dreaming of weed

You gonna feel aiirrayy and can fly to Jamaica just puff puff pass bro, cough** cough***

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by mpeg(m): 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
i am addicted to alcohol but i want to replace it with weed, bc i think its safer but i ve seen some guys go crazy after weeding, why is that?
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Barrywhite8620: 12:10am On Dec 30, 2011
Okija_juju:

This poo jus pisses me off. . . .

When I was a kid, I heard Mary J'could make you mad, made you into a criminal, was more addictive than cocaine and cigarettes combined.

Well, its all lies.

Marijuana is not addictive. It contains no known addictive properties, is not chemically altered (if its pure and not tainted), makes a person very hungry, makes a person happy and finally makes a person sleepy.

I have been smoking both Canabis Sativa (botanical name for weed) and cigarettes since 1999 and i can tell you that I have gone for up to a year without weed (and not because it wasnt avaliable cos I always have a stash) but i have never gone more than 48hours without cigarettes.

Now Mr. O.P, the truth is that if you want to quit Marijuana, just quit. Its not difficult, especially since it has no addictive properties and also its not readily avaliable (like cigarettes). Just stop.
If you said cigerettes, then i would advice actual counselling from renowned psychiatrists and centers for rehab. Forget this whole "Jesus/Holy Spirit" bullshit, i know pastors who smoke cigerettes that the holy Spirit has yet to help. Moreover, smoking is not a sin (atleast the bible has no record of such).

My advice, just stop.

@ Other M.J'club members; Roll it, Light it and pass the dochie pun mi left hand side.

@ Governent; Legalise it,

Educate, Regulate, Medicate,

And if you have never used weed before in your life. Just shut the Bleep up and let pros advice the smallie.

LMAO grin grin grin
freecocoa:

I hope people will stop wondering why we see all sorts of crazy and weird comments on NL,the evidence is very clear,a high percentage of Nlanders are usually high while typing.

Lol
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by joinnow: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2011
You Can Win!
THE time has come for you to “be courageous and act.” (1 Chronicles 28:10) What final steps can you take to increase your chances of success?
Set a date. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends that once you have decided to quit, the first day of your life free from cigarettes should be within two weeks. That way your motivation will stay high. Mark the day on your calendar, tell your friends, and stick to the date even if your circumstances change.
Make a “quit card.” It might contain the following information, plus anything else that may strengthen your motivation:
● Your reasons for quitting
● Phone numbers of people to call when you feel you may cave in
● Thoughts—perhaps including Bible texts such as Galatians 5:22, 23—that will help you toward your goal
Take your quit card with you at all times, and read it several times a day. Even after you quit, continue to review the card whenever you feel an urge to smoke.
Weaken the links proactively. Prior to your quit date, begin disrupting any habits linked to your smoking. For example, if you smoke as soon as you get up each morning, put off smoking for an hour or so. If you smoke during a meal or immediately afterward, break that routine. Avoid places where others smoke. And privately practice saying aloud: “No thanks. I’ve quit smoking.” Such steps will do more than prepare you for the day you quit. They will also remind you that soon you will be an ex-smoker.
Get set. As your quit date nears, stock up on oral substitutes: carrot sticks, gum, nuts, and so on. Remind your friends and family of your quit date and how they can support you. Just before that day, dispose of ashtrays, lighters, and any booby traps—such as cigarettes lying around your home, in your car or pockets, or at your place of work. To be sure, it is harder to ask a friend for a cigarette or to buy a pack than to reach into a drawer for one! Also, keep praying for God’s support, doing so all the more earnestly after your final smoke.—Luke 11:13.
A countless number of people have “broken up” with their onetime false, vicious friend, the cigarette. You can do it too. Better health and a great feeling of freedom await you.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by joinnow: 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2011
How You Can Quit
LIKE learning to ride a bicycle, giving up tobacco is rarely accomplished the first time you try. So if you are determined to quit, you should be prepared to make repeated attempts until you are successful. Do not view a relapse as a defeat. Think of it as a learning experience, a small setback in what can be a successful program. Here are some suggestions that have worked for others. They may work well for you too.
Prepare Your Mind to Quit
■ First, you must convince yourself that quitting is worth the effort. List your reasons for wanting to quit, including all the benefits. After you have quit, reviewing this list will strengthen your resolve. A desire to please God is the greatest motive for quitting. The Bible says that we should love God with our whole mind, heart, soul, and strength. That is something we cannot do if we are addicted to tobacco.—Mark 12:30.
■ Analyze your smoking habits to figure out when and why you smoke. You may find it helpful to record on paper when and where you smoke each cigarette during a typical day. This will help you to foresee situations that may tempt you to smoke after you do quit.
Plan a Quit Date
■ Choose a quit date, and mark it on your calendar. It is best to choose a day when you will not be under undue outside stress. When that day arrives, quit completely—abruptly and totally.
■ Before the quit date arrives, get rid of ashtrays, matches, and lighters. Clean all your clothes that smell of tobacco smoke.
■ Enlist the support of coworkers, friends, and family to encourage you in your efforts to quit. Do not be afraid to ask others not to smoke in your presence.
■ Plan activities for your quit day. You might go somewhere where smoking is not permitted, such as to a museum or a theater. You could also exercise—swim or take a bicycle ride or a long walk.
Dealing With Withdrawal
If you are a heavy smoker, you will likely experience withdrawal symptoms, which begin within hours of smoking the last cigarette. These may include irritability, impatience, hostility, anxiety, depression, insomnia, restlessness, increased appetite, and a craving for cigarettes. Perhaps your doctor can prescribe medication that will help ease these symptoms. In addition, there are things you can do to help you win the battle.
■ During the first few difficult weeks, eat low-calorie foods, and drink plenty of water. Some have found it helpful to snack on raw vegetables, such as carrots or celery. If you exercise, you will help offset weight gain and soothe jittery nerves.
■ Avoid places and situations where you will be tempted to smoke.
■ Fight against bad reasoning that may tempt you to smoke. Here are some common thoughts during withdrawal: ‘I’ll smoke just today to get me through this tough time.’ ‘Smoking is my only vice!’ ‘Tobacco can’t be all that bad; some heavy smokers live to be over 90.’ ‘I’ve got to die of something.’ ‘Life is no fun without tobacco.’
■ If you are about to give in, delay. By waiting just ten minutes, the acute craving may pass. Sometimes the thought of never smoking again might seem overwhelming. If you feel that way, concentrate on quitting just for today.
■ If you want to serve God, pray for help. Our loving Creator can provide “help at the right time” for those who are striving to bring their lives into harmony with his will. (Hebrews 4:16) But don’t expect a miracle. You must act in harmony with your prayers.
Remain an Ex-smoker
■ The first three months are the most difficult, but even after that you should, when possible, avoid smokers and situations that may tempt you to smoke.
■ Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you can be an occasional smoker, even if you have stopped smoking for a year or more.
■ Resist the temptation to have “just one cigarette.” Just one may easily lead to others, and soon you will have undone all the hard work you put into quitting. However, if you do weaken and have a cigarette, there is no reason to smoke another. If you relapse, quit again.
Millions of smokers have successfully quit. With determination and persistence, you can too!
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Rapmoney(m): 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2011
@poster,
Guy u dey fall my hand o! All Marijuana smokers will soon start receiving amnesty payments
from FG as from 2012, why u won stop now? Contnue, smoke wee wee, kpo, kpom, grass, cannabis,
goof ,smoke on broda. cool cool cool
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by lastcenter: 1:10am On Jan 04, 2012
Take a sandals sleep with it. Go to the forest. Stop wondering, that is all.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by zuokumo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2012
If you want to stop smoking MJ, smoke is excessively. like 12 jombos in 1 hour. the result will irritate you that you beg God not to allow you smoke MJ again, If you cant try this, then keep smoking but dont ask us what you have to do again
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by lastcenter: 12:19am On Jan 16, 2012
Need a lighter? Come up here *Moses* Look above the fire! Here is the mask you always had.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by LoveKing(m): 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
a year gone by, and it is what it is
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by ositadima1(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
do u still smoke?
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by femu(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
A private and standard Drug and Alcohol rehab center/hospital with qualified professionals exists in Lagos.
call 08034209301 for an appointment.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by charlie34: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2022
Your landing page is your call to action and will determine how many leads you will generate. The higher the number of leads you generate, the more likely your brand is to convert. Check out this site for more details about cannabis content writing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test / Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers / Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.