Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning (1442 Views)

The Clergy Project: Godless Pastors / Ogboni Clergy:What Is The Relationship Between Christendom And Confraternity / Adeboye Asks For Inclusion Of Clergy In Mid-east Peace Talks At US Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by PastorAIO: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2011
Riot police beat back clergy fighting over Christmas cleaning of Church of Nativity, but no-one was arrested as they are all 'men of God'

By Lucy Buckland

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079328/Priests-brawl-Bethlehems-Church-Nativity-clergy-fight-Christmas-cleaning.html#ixzz1hr7oCzDW

Riot police were called to Jesus' birthplace after 100 monks and priests started a vicious brawl 'guarding their denominational turf.'

Fists flew inside the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem after a row erupted over Christmas cleaning between Armenian Orthodox and Greek Orthodox clergymen.

Palestinian police, bending their heads to squeeze through the church's low 'door of humility', rushed in with batons flailing to restore order as clerics attacked each other with brooms usually used to sweep the Holy floor.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079328/Priests-brawl-Bethlehems-Church-Nativity-clergy-fight-Christmas-cleaning.html#ixzz1hr7rhoHj

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079328/Priests-brawl-Bethlehems-Church-Nativity-clergy-fight-Christmas-cleaning.html
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2011
They learnt this behaviour from Hamas !! angry
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Sweetnecta: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2011
And it was the palestinian law enforcement personnel that quell the fire at the manger.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Sweetnecta: 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2011
The swords purchased some 2K years ago are now handy among the peaceful christian leaders, turning the other cheek among themselves.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^^^

Did you not hear, Hamas taught them this terrible behaviour.   grin grin

By the way, was any bomb lobbed within the vicinity ,  was anyone killed , was there a massacre of children and women. 
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Sweetnecta: 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^ I am sure some ears were cut off. grin

You saw them in full regalia throwing things? Even brooms?

If they took from Hamas after you said Jesus taught them, I now see where he will lead you to all things, including how to raise cane is applicable.

When shall we know he will correct you, glorify me, teach you and remind you of all that i truly said instead of the lies lob on me by mr. paul?
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by aletheia(m): 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2011
frosbel:

They learnt this behaviour from Hamas !! angry
^
Not true at all. This sort of behavior has always been there. You mustn't make everything seem as if its the Muslims' fault.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by LagosShia: 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

Did you not hear, Hamas taught them this terrible behaviour.   grin grin

By the way, was any bomb lobbed within the vicinity ,  was anyone killed , was there a massacre of children and women. 

Hamas has not being existing for more than 30 years.

Jesus (as) some 2000 years ago was the first man recorded to have entered a place of worship in Palestine where he beat and chased people away.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by aletheia(m): 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Frosbel: from the quoted article. . .

It was a trivial problem that , occurs every year,' said police Lieutenant-Colonel Khaled al-Tamimi about today's clash.

'Everything is all right and things have returned to normal,' he said. 'No one was arrested because all those involved were men of God.'  

It is not uncommon for guards at the church are forced to intervene in squabbles
[center].
.[/center]
In the 1980s, monks battled each other with chains and broomsticks over who had the right to clean a particular section of wall and beams.
[center]
.[/center]
A fight over the dusting of chandeliers around Christmas 2006 landed several men in the hospital after Greeks cleaned a chandelier using a ladder in Armenian territory.
So you see that Muslims are not different from other religious people when it comes to violence.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^^^

And by implication therefore , this equates to Christian terror , right  undecided

Better to battle with brooms, sticks and chains than Bombs and Axes.

This is not to excuse the deplorable behaviour of these so called 'Christians' , rather it is to put things into perspective.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by LagosShia: 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

And by implication therefore , this equates to Christian terror , right undecided

This is not to excuse the deplorable behaviour of these so called 'Christians' , rather it is to put things into perspective.

i see!just like when you comment on boko haram is also to put things into perspective!!!corrupt mind you are!!!

but your "lord and saviour" started with asking his disciples to even go na.ked selling their clothes to buy swords!!!
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^^

I keep telling you to go and join your Boko Haram brothers grin
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by aletheia(m): 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2011
frosbel:

And by implication therefore , this equates to Christian terror , right  undecided

^
"Christian terror" also exists. Ask the inhabitants of Kuru Karama in Plateau state. Ask the Jews and Muslims massacred in Jerusalem by the "Christian Crusaders". Ask the "Catholic" IRA versus the "Protestant" Ulster Unionists.

In any case my exact words were:
aletheia:

So you see that Muslims are not different from other religious people when it comes to violence.

Are you trying to suggest that somehow the violent behavior of these monks is more acceptable because it is not "Christian terror". The truth is that these men are ready to shed blood and kill in order to defend their idolatrous turfs as history repeatedly shows. Stop excusing their reprehensible and un-Christlike behavior. And oh yes your initial statement. . .
frosbel:

They learnt this behaviour from Hamas !!    angry
. . .is untrue. Be gracious enough to accept so and stop trying to divert the issue from that.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
"Christian terror" also exists. Ask the inhabitants of Kuru Karama in Plateau state. Ask the Jews and Muslims massacred in Jerusalem by the "Christian Crusaders". Ask the "Catholic" IRA versus the "Protestant" Ulster Unionists.

You dig back into history , hundreds of years back to the crusades, an army that was certainly not Christian in act or word,  and use this as an example of Christian terror.

Shocking !!!!!!

You seem to be muddling up the definition of Christianity, you know, the one that Jesus Christ started with the false church.

The crusaders were not Christians, as simple as ABC.

And if you had read my comments on the Jos crisis, I was against the attacks on the Fulani Herdsmen and their families and still am. Violence is not justified in these circumstances.

They learnt this behaviour from Hamas !!   angry

This was a Joke !

Are you trying to suggest that somehow the violent behavior of these monks is more acceptable because it is not "Christian terror".

Looks like you missed my last comment condemning this deplorable behaviour !!
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
duplicate
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Sweetnecta: 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
ABC simplicity is bad counting of thousands of years crusaders/crusade, especially when Islam under Muhammad is only 1400 years old.

And no one born the christians to even make a move in the lifetime of Ali ibn Abi Talib [ra], decades after Muhammad [as].

I see your thousands of years. Yea. Good counting.

All in a day's joke. UI.

Diploma recall.

Today, the crusaders are not christians. Today the spanish conquistadors are not christians. Today the missionaries who committed atrocities are not christians. Today, the orthodox christian clergies fighting in the church are not christians.

Heck. Who is a christian, today? Anyone with you, Frosbel, even mrs?

You are a lone wolf now, unable to catch any sheep. Or maybe you are a lone sheep, easy catch for even a jackal.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^^

Go back upwards, changed to hundreds of years.

No point trying to explain to you what true Christianity is.

You are a lone wolf now, unable to catch any sheep. Or maybe you are a lone sheep, easy catch for even a jackal.

I will rather be a lone wolf and on the side of truth, than with the crowd and on the side of error grin grin

You entertainment me, especially on my holidays , glad to see you are back bro. cheesy
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Sweetnecta: 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
Wolf is a horrible animal. They are scavengers. You entertain me, even more. I have loads of stories to tell my spouse; you and some people like you.

We will have a few laughs on you. grin
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by aletheia(m): 11:41pm On Dec 28, 2011
frosbel:

You dig back into history , hundreds of years back to the crusades, an army that was certainly not Christian in act or word,  and use this as an example of Christian terror.

Shocking !!!!!!

You seem to be muddling up the definition of Christianity, you know, the one that Jesus Christ started with the false church.

The crusaders were not Christians, as simple as ABC.
^I made allusion to events as recent as a few years back as well. . .I even forgot to add Serbian atrocities in Bosnia. The perpetrators all called themselves Christians and believed that they were fighting for God. You say they are not Christian. I hope the irony of this situation does not escape you. Just as you claim that these are not Christian; even similarly do some Muslims claim that Boko Haram and co are not Muslims.
And I am not aware that "Christianity" has a definition.

frosbel:

And if you had read my comments on the Jos crisis, I was against the attacks on the Fulani Herdsmen and their families and still am. Violence is not justified in these circumstances.
Good for you. It however does not change the fact that religious people, whether "Christian", "Muslim", "Buddhist" or whatever can be prone to violence unless saved by Jesus.

frosbel:

This was a Joke !
Ok. . .hope others see it so.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
I hope the irony of this situation does not escape you. Just as you claim that these are not Christian; even similarly do some Muslims claim that Boko Haram and co are not Muslims.

The Quran explicitly calls for violence, a true Muslim will act it out to the letter.

The Bible calls for peace and Love , a true Christian will act it out to the letter.

Remember that saying, “ If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. ”

Put things into the right perspective.
Re: Priests-brawl-bethlehems-church-nativity-clergy-fight-christmas-cleaning by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Wolf is a horrible animal. They are scavengers. You entertain me, even more. I have loads of stories to tell my spouse; you and some people like you.

We will have a few laughs on you. grin

Ah okay , sounds great !!! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! / Pastor Comes Clean, Says No More ►TITHING / 80 Favorite Bible Verses You will Surely Fall In Love With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.