Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie (9819 Views)

Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie / Remi Babalola: I Left Jonathan’s Govt Because Of Financial Mismanagement / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by apoti(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2011
AWKA—CATHOLIC Archbishop of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, has expressed unhappiness over the present situation of things in the country, stressing that the present government of President Goodluck Jonathan appeared confused.

Addressing newsmen in Awka after inaugurating the ultra-modern St Peter’s Catholic Church, built by a philanthropist, Chief Austin Ndigwe, Okogie observed that everything appeared to have ground to a halt, adding that government seemed to lack the initiative to put things right.

“To say that we are making progress in Nigeria is to deceive ourselves. To those in government, they might be making progress, but to most Nigerians, we are not getting better. The present regime is confused in all its ramifications.

“For instance, they want to remove oil subsidy and the question I ask is, what do they want to do with the money? Up till now, nobody has told Nigerians in specific terms how the money to be saved from removing fuel subsidy will be used.

“If they tell us that they want to channel it to any project, they should be able to tell us which project the money will go into.

“They should also tell us the contractors that will handle such projects so that Nigerians should hold them responsible should they disappoint the people as they were doing in the past.”

He accused government of taking so many projects at a time and realizing none, suggesting that it would be better to concentrate on one or two sensitive projects that touch lives of Nigerians and work towards achieving them.

According to him, there is nothing wrong in government making sure that power is made available on a regular basis, as well as ensuring that the nation’s refineries were producing at optimal capacity.

Okogie noted that these would go a long way towards alleviating the sufferings of the people.

On the issue of Boko Haram, Okogie said government knew those behind it and refused to bring them to book.

He observed, for instance, that a Nigerian who was accused of trying to bomb an American plane last year was still in detention, yet those arrested for allegedly sponsoring Boko Haram activities were released hurriedly from detention.

He argued that treating the issue with kid’s glove would never solve the problem because those behind it were desperate to see Nigeria disintegrate.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/jonathans-govt-confused-okogie/
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Pukkah: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2011
Hmmm, let's see the names that Jonathan's minions and lackeys will call Okogie for saying the bitter truth.

All good and independent-minded men and women have been expressing concerns about how the ship of Nigeria has been swaing dangerously in turbulent waters in recent times.

Will the fragile ship survive the turbulence?
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by feelamong(m): 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2011
Beaf, Oya where u dey? grin

Come and earn your pay o!!! shocked
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by apoti(m): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2011

On the issue of Boko Haram, Okogie said government knew those behind it and refused to bring them to book.

He observed, for instance, that a Nigerian who was accused of trying to bomb an American plane last year was still in detention, yet those arrested for allegedly sponsoring Boko Haram activities were released hurriedly from detention.

I couldn't have agreed with him more, why would they send the spokesman of a terrorist group that has killed hundreds of lives to 3 years imprisonment, and the so-called sponsors released   angry
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
Hmmm

Isnt he the God annointed man ?
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Pukkah: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2011
@feelamong, there's no point sending a call to whoever to come and defend Jonathan. I tell you, the unenviable job of defending Jonathan is as tasking as making a donkey pass through the eye of a needle. That job, as you can see, is becoming more impossible by the day. Some masters are easy to defend and some make the job very arduous for their aides and assistants.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Rhino5dm: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
I really appreciates how the MOG spoke the bitter truth. No need of suger coating the lies.

People are dying while the government is making more statements like"Nigerians have to live with burden of suicide bombings". . . .
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by doofanc: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2011
I'm expressing unhappiness too cry cry
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by doctokwus: 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2011
Real man of God,he never fails to impress me.This period in nig is no time for tribal or religious sentiments,all right thinking people must look GEJ in d face & tell him d ship under his short watch is not just derailing but heading fullsteam to d iceberg.
Sycophancy is most disastrous @this point of time
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by laidol(f): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2011
199% correct - if you are a sane Nigerian, u will agree with the MOG.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Goshen360(m): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2011
The MOG had spoken the truth than the ones kissing GEJ's Bottom because of what they get from Aso rock.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by IykeD(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2011
This man should resign now, he is unfit to rule a complex society like Nigeria. He should do the honorable thing before it's too late.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by ayinba1(f): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2011
One out of a million! God bless you sir for refusing to call a pig with lipstick, a -------(someone help me out)sad

In essence, bishop called a spade, a spade!
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by manny4life(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2011
Unfortunately, as much as I want to strongly believe in GEJ's administration, but his govt is really confused. They have no clue on what or how to do, therefore, I AGREE with Archbishop Okogie, his words.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2011
Yet another thread where Jonathanians maintain a studied silence.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Gbawe: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2011
doctokwus:

Real man of God,he never fails to impress me.This period in nig is no time for tribal or religious sentiments,all right thinking people must look GEJ in d face & tell him d ship under his short watch is not just derailing but heading fullsteam to d iceberg.
Sycophancy is most disastrous @this point of time

You have spoken the ultimate truth that any sane Nigerian should not be able to deny. What is really sad , given his very mediocre history in public service,  is that GEJ has been placed far above his station by those who also may have hastened the demise of another person ( Yar Adua) who was not at all ready to be President but was coerced to accept a "poisoned chalice" because some folks are , year in and year out, ultimately devoted to keeping 'skeletons' buried[b] at all cost[/b].

I don't see this ending well for GEJ. He took on something much bigger than him without even having the basic political vision to note that he , like Yar Adua, will be the fall guy (not OBJ, Anenih, Haliru Bello, Danjuma et al) when the walls cave in. The "owners of Nigeria" who play the game better than others will always survive thanks to unwise stooges and politically naive mediocrities (Yar Adua , GEJ) who allow themselves to be used as pawns in a game their limited ability means they should not even be involved in to begin with.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Vigilante: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2011
Okogie has a way of saying the truth unequivocally, with clarity and precision.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2011
That's why I like Catholic clerics (and most of the 'old generation churches' clerics too). Materialistic money-mongers like most of the new age pentecostal 'pastors' would prefer talking about prosperity and kissing presidential asses rather than speaking the truth.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by tunnytox(m): 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2011
Jonathan look like someone who drank too much of contaminated baby milk as a child! his level of dullness and cluelessness can only be explained by this.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2011
Gbawe has just mentioned a crucial point, that the real people behind our problems are not those in power, but those "puppet masters" behind the scenes.

When our revolution starts, we should know who our real targets should be.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Goshen360(m): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2011
Surely, a silent revolution has already started, It just a matter of time. If other men of God that takes money from Aso Rock can speak the truth in this manner, OUR NATION IS IN FOR A CHANGE. THANK YOU REVEREND OKOGIE, GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dontuwi(m): 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2011
@pro01.i like dat ur comment.i like dem too because of their trutfulness. angry
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Pharoh: 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2011
He is right but the government can still put things in order though the problem is very complex and i should also say here that most people on Nairaland are confused as well because they also do not know how this crisis can be solved.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Goshen360(m): 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2011
Pharoh:

He is right but the government can still put things in order though the problem is very complex and i should also say here that most people on Nairaland are confused as well because they also do not know how this crisis can be solved.

Maybe you are the one confused. The truth is, the youths of this generation are more informed and sophisticated than these old politicians that dont have any clue how government works. In the pride of these old politicians, they will never allow the youths come to power to solve the problems of Nigeria because elections in Nigeria is not free and fair but rigged by PDP. Please, digest this sentence and apply it to Nigeria of today: You cannot have peace without Justice.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by mikolo80: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2011
DE DIA DE WAIT FOR THE OLD MEN TO "GIVE" YOU POWER OR CHANCE INSTEAD OF GOIN TO TAKE IT.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by kokoA(m): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2011
The members of  this government live in "a fool's paradise" and they are trying so hard to make Nigerians  see that there is nothing wrong with the country. They want us to belive that Nigeria is ready for transformation and our security challenges is a normal thing that will fade away,

Can somebody wake these people up please before it is too late?! How can a country be plagued with soo much spilling of innocent blood and up till now the government have not come out  with a decisive step towards ending this?

The bombs just go off and we talk about it for at most one week, after that, everybody goes back to normal awaiting when the next one. Yesterday I heard the National Security adviser saying the Boko boys are coming after innocent Nigerians because of the positive strides the government have taken to eliminate them (Is that man in this country at all? ). They tell us Nigeria is ready for 'transformation', How?! Who is gonna come invest here?! I think this people's attention shupld be called to the 'dis-connect' that exist between them and the masses before things get out of hand completely.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dmainboss: 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
goshen360:

Maybe you are the one confused. The truth is, the youths of this generation are more informed and sophisticated than these old politicians that dont have any clue how government works. In the pride of these old politicians, they will never allow the youths come to power to solve the problems of Nigeria because elections in Nigeria is not free and fair but rigged by PDP. Please, digest this sentence and apply it to Nigeria of today: You cannot have peace without Justice.

I would love you to tell us how you can solve terrorism and suicide bombings
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by chidyke77(m): 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
pro01:

That's why I like Catholic clerics (and most of the 'old generation churches' clerics too). Materialistic money-mongers like most of the new age pentecostal 'pastors' would prefer talking about prosperity and kissing presidential asses rather than speaking the truth.
Absolutely right.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Demdem(m): 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
This is an example of a true MOG. Not that jerry curl pastor from beaf state. The sincere obviously know that we currently have a confused govt headed by the retardeen himself.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Goshen360(m): 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2011
dmainboss:

I would love you to tell us how you can solve terrorism and suicide bombings

Go to the root/cause of the problem and you fix the problem. Terrorism is not as vibrant as it is now in the past in Nigeria. So, when you treat the cause of this flame, you fix the problem. The problem is INJUSTICE. Look everywhere in Nigeria, you see injustice: to the poor masses that voted leadership into power and BH is just a small group out of the masses reacting in frustration and dissatisfaction of the economy.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by EzeUche(m): 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2011
pro01:

You speak the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of The State Of Anambra Roads Constructed By Peter Obi / Tinubu Loses Lagos, Rivers And Kano / Taraba: Suntai May Be Flown-In Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.