Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques (670 Views)

Explosions Kill Worshippers In Borno Mosques / Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don't Vote For Buhari - Sambo In Jigawa State / Okah Gave Instructions For October 1, 2010 Bombings - Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by Rossikk(m): 4:36am On Dec 29, 2011
It's really the easiest solution to all this nonsense.

If there were NO churches, and NO mosques, no imams and pastors, it would eliminate all these problems in under 24 hours.

No need to go to war. No need to split up the country. No need to plan reprisals, religious war, religious summits etc etc.

This should be followed by an outright BAN on the public observance of islam and christianity in the country.

All mosques and churches will be converted to schools, hospitals, libraries, and factories.

Pastors and imams will be obligated to abandon their careers and gain proper employment in useful activities.

All religious observance will be done in private, within the confines of a person's home.

All public observance of religion will be punishable by lengthy terms of imprisonment.

All attempts made to convert others to any religion will be punishable by lengthy terms of imprisonment.

I guarantee that within 2 months of these promulgations, religious rivalry, hatred, and killing will be HISTORY in Nigeria.

Please. Let's just try it.
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by EzeUche(m): 4:46am On Dec 29, 2011
Churches have not preached hate and the murder of innocence! angry
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by Rossikk(m): 4:52am On Dec 29, 2011
^^Neither have mosques!
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by EzeUche(m): 4:53am On Dec 29, 2011
Rossikk:

^^Neither have mosques!

You are a liar! What do you have to say about those imams who preach hate in the North?  angry
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by Rossikk(m): 4:55am On Dec 29, 2011
^^Have you witnessed an imam preaching hate in the north?
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by EzeUche(m): 4:57am On Dec 29, 2011
^^^

Do I need to witness it firsthand to know that it happens?
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by Rossikk(m): 5:00am On Dec 29, 2011
^^Yes.
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by alienvirus: 6:51am On Dec 29, 2011
Uche works on fabricated stories. Utter Rubbish
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by BabaEleko(m): 7:38am On Dec 29, 2011
EzeUche:

^^^

Do I need to witness it firsthand to know that it happens?

Some peeps level of ignorance is just ridiculous.
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by freecocoa(f): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2011
OP I think that's just absurd and won't change a thing rather it'll even make it worse,now in as much as I don't want this to sound religious i must say,attending mosque or church actually help make some people better persons(not always true but obtainable)it instills some sense of responsibility,(though I've not entered a mosque before,I'll love to pretend they teach good things there),besides our problems have since passed the stage to employ such tactics.

With the way things are now,you think suicide bombers who are willing to die would fret because they risk the chance of being imprisoned? Think again.

For the records,nigeria's problems are not only religion inclined,its just one of it,so even if your idea would ever go anywhere(which we know won't) it'll only solve part of the problem not all.
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by Rossikk(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
quote from freecocoa

OP I think that's just absurd and won't change a thing rather it'll even make it worse, now in as much as I don't want this to sound religious i must say, attending mosque or church actually help make some people better persons (not always true but obtainable) it instills some sense of responsibility, (though I've not entered a mosque before, I'll love to pretend they teach good things there), besides our  problems have since passed the stage to employ such tactics.

Abandoning religion and replacing same with well-thought out philosophies and tenets devised by the nation's thinkers and philosophers, culminating in a single definable set of principles with a name (like say Confucianism in Asia), will make for a better, more rounded person in my view, than these SILLY faiths that have grown men and women pandering to tales of magical, superstitious beings, 'prophets', 'saviours' and 'angels' who combine claims to love with deadly threats of torture and hell for non-compliance with their creeds. This in itself constitutes a psychological ATTACK on the human being, engendering fear, confusion, rivalry, hate, and other negative emotions.

We need to replace this primitive paradigm of existence with a more enlightened one that serves us far better.

With the way things are now,you think suicide bombers who are willing to die would fret because they risk the chance of being imprisoned? Think again.

Doing away with all the appurtenances of religion will make this group die a natural death. As millions of people turn away from the stupefying incongruities of these faiths, their ability to exploit divisions and hatred will similarly evaporate.

For the records, nigeria's problems are not only religion inclined, its just one of it, so even if your idea would ever go anywhere (which we know won't) it'll only solve part of the problem not all.

First of all there's no way of you knowing the idea ''will go nowhere''. It's not as if what you're doing now is working splendidly. Corruption, political brigandage, ethnic/religious hatred and rivalry, are ALL BEING PERPETRATED BY CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS. Have christian politicians not supported and joined in the brigandage and violation of the country since independence?? None of this could have happened without their collusion.

So please don't stand on this moral high ground pontificating on your failure. You have nothing to stand on. Your christian priests regularly cavort with corrupt elements in society, from armed robbers to corrupt politicians and crooked businessmen. MONEY is all that means anything to them. Many of your pastors are now millionaires, rolling around in private jets as they feed their congregation worthless illusions and middle eastern myths, whose very  roots of formation they are almost wholly ignorant of.

So christianity is ALSO culpable in the social malaise afflicting the nation (and beyond). Not just Islam.

We need a NEW social and philosophical PARADIGM. One that does not split us into two opposing, ignorant, selfish camps. One which does not exploit our ethnic differences to cause mayhem and dysfunctionality. One which draws STRENGTH and UNITY from multiplicity.
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by efisher(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2011
I guess UN building and police HQ are also churches or mosques.
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2011
Rossikk:

It's really the easiest solution to all this nonsense.

If there were NO churches, and NO mosques, no imams and pastors, it would eliminate all these problems in under 24 hours.

No need to go to war. No need to split up the country. No need to plan reprisals, religious war, religious summits etc etc.

This should be followed by an outright BAN on the public observance of islam and christianity in the country.

All mosques and churches will be converted to schools, hospitals, libraries, and factories.

Pastors and imams will be obligated to abandon their careers and gain proper employment in useful activities.

All religious observance will be done in private, within the confines of a person's home.

All public observance of religion will be punishable by lengthy terms of imprisonment.

All attempts made to convert others to any religion will be punishable by lengthy terms of imprisonment.

I guarantee that within 2 months of these promulgations, religious rivalry, hatred, and killing will be HISTORY in Nigeria.

Please. Let's just try it.

Not true.

If we had no Christians or Muslims, we will have Megalomaniac-al atheists perpetrating mass killings within the concept of tyrannical systems to the exclusion of God.

Atheist's uncle Stalin and his friends managed to eliminate 200 million souls in the 20th century alone.

No religion has or can match this evil.
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by warrior01: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Op,
according to you, to cure a headache all got do is to cut off the head? you're simply the wisest
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by swing4real(m): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
@OP I totally agreed with you. Religion should be ban in the public places.One of the major problem we have on earth is religion.History has showed that, religion has killed humans than any other diseases. I still don´t understand why and what people are fighting for? killing each other all in the name of the religion.
Re: Perfect Solution To Bombings: Ban Churches And Mosques by Rossikk(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
frosbel said:

Not true.

If we had no Christians or Muslims, we will have Megalomaniac-al atheists perpetrating  mass killings within the concept of tyrannical systems to the exclusion of God.

Atheist's uncle Stalin and his friends managed to eliminate 200 million souls in the 20th century alone.

No religion has or can match this evil.

Stalin did not kill 200 million people in the 20th century. That's a wild exaggeration. Provide your stats.

Even if he did, it pales in comparison to christian and muslim murders from the crusades and inquisitions to the jihads, and lately WW1 and WW2 (total dead 100 million), the Massacre of an estimated 150 million natives in the New World by the Spanish and European Americans, the astonishing rap.e of Africa, the numerous wars started or instigated by christians - Iraq, Vietnam, Afgnanistan etc, the various anti-people policies pushed by christian regimes via the IMF/World Bank etc. The list is endless, and their victims must run into countless billions of people.

We need to get rid of those two religions especially - Islam and Christianity. They do not act as a brake on our negative instincts, but actually seem to boost such instincts.

(1) (Reply)

Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Eze Of Your Village On Plates. / Why Did Protesters Attempt To Vandalize The Palace Of Etsu Nupe? / How Fg Can Tackle Boko Haram – Adieze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.