Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Niger Delta Militant - Boko Haram & G.E.J - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militant - Boko Haram & G.E.J (840 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Niger Delta Militant Group Blows Up Gas Trunklines In Delta / Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militant - Boko Haram & G.E.J by db10dtruth(m): 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
Have never been a big fan of GEJ, we are all witness to the fact he hasn't been a great president, we are testament to the fact he has made a couple of ill advised mistakes BUT one thing I do believe in is that some of the treatment he is receiving from the press and most Nigerians are unfair.

Some claim he has been weak in his response to all the massacre caused by Boko Haram in contrast to his reaction to the N.D Militants which I disagree. First, we must note the alleged reasons behind the N.D Militants bombing and kidnapping of the whites; they claim the Fed Govt were neglecting them by not providing enough social amenities which certainly was the case, the helped their case claiming the Fed Govt. generates about 40% of Nigeria's total revenue from oil in the region and yet they are neglected, you really can't fault them, if you've been to one of their communities before the government stepped in you will agree.

Now the Boko Haram have no objectives whatsoever, to me I do believe they are killing innocent people senselessly, have asked what their objectives are but got nothing reasonable, they claim their objective or reason for bombing is not because they are neglected or oppressed but because they want the WHOLE of Nigeria to be under Sharia Law which is totally IMPOSSIBLE, Imagine a country of about 160 Million people succumbing to the demands of a group less than 10, 000!! Nigeria is a diverse nation with an estimated 500 languages and  and over 250 ethnic groups, how is it possible they thought they can make this possible remains a mystery or how they came up with the idea.

I do believe one thing "If an Hausa man had been the Pres of this country all this will not be happening" Call it witch hunt and you are not far from it. So far they have achieved nothing other than ruining GEJ name.

The guy can only take a certain amount of blame in all this, I see no reason putting the whole situation on him, calling him names certainly won't help,  I think its time someone from the North, someone well respected and regarded should stand up and ask them to drop their weapons and stop all this.

Nigeria introduced Amnesty for the ND Militants and the killing and kidnapping ended or at least stopped to some reasonable extent, the Boko Haramist would do well and do the same. They should stop this whole killing, bombing and atrocity they are causing. Nigeria's image is already in the mud and with their actions is only killing it off.
Re: Niger Delta Militant - Boko Haram & G.E.J by hakanai(m): 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2011
Well said except, for the fact you seem to make the blame look like a collective northern agenda!!!! GEJ can do more,if he took chance or will.GEJ could work with anyone or not but with carefully laid out policy things can simply fall into place one after the other.Before the amnesty if you must know the situation was alien and no body knew a solution exist.Simply because the request of the militants at first was unacceptable and mostly impossible to realize within a short time.Even after the amnesty alot of them still held there grouse and simply said a wait and see is better.How then did FG to get to them is best known to them.But i know trial and error may have being used to get them there and the single boyloaf move changed everything.
Okay till date we have some of the militant threatening to go back over wages not paid and other things.Rather than resort to violence alot has changed.Because they would rather protest or simply go public.From shooting to be heard to dialogue and then moderation.
So the questions is how did a northern man in power solve an issue that wasn't from his zone and against a people who seem him as a parasite and with an agenda meant to destroy them?Why then can't GEJ explore options to reach a similar position?whether using carrot or stick (don't care).MEND as we know then got support from communities,foreigners and political elements in the ND!!Reasons for the groups BH or MEND is not the issue but how to tackle it using the right means.where communication or force maybe required then apply it.The Issue is simple GEJ does not command any form of authority his presence or words hardly give him the desired respect to command a nation at such a atime.
It is obvious the situation has changed but as a leader wisdom and proper management of different situations is expected of you.No single leader in Nigeria has come to meet exactly the same problem and non has used exactly the same solution.So device yours and see how it fits.where it requires modification keep trying and gauging until a solution from you is found.Rather than make people chew on cheap useless views.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria - Why I Am Not Disappointed / Are Nigerians Beginning To Take Their Destiny In Their Hands? / Are We On The Brink Of War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.